Live Blogging Election Day

Mr. Perfect

Re: Live Blogging Election Day

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Taboo wrote:Well, the only real question was whether we were in for a smooth adjustment or for a rough adjustment. That question has been answered by the will of the American people. They decided they like it rough.

Obama and the Fed has been trying to paper over a massive depression by pulling growth forward...unfortunately that's really not possible over eight years, so Obama will be stuck with a depression and the resulting blame rather than Romney's "free market" policies (which wouldn't have been free market at all). Furthermore, the economy will get bad enough that circumstances could propel a real conservative into office in 2016 (or admittedly Obama could go FDR and seek a third term...)
There is no way out now, 2016 is meaningless. The next downturn will happen with debt to GDP near 150% and European levels near 100%. There is no forecasting what this will look like. If you guys aren't privileged or can live off the land...

People got really mad when I posted pictures of starvation in 2008.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Demon of Undoing wrote: You threw it away when you chose him. He's conservative like I'm low-fat. When you make fat the standard, the vegans win.
I get it, you don't like Muslims.

Plenty of moderate Republican Governors have balanced budgets with spending cuts and tax cuts over the years, it's really not that radical that you have to be some sort of Washington/Lincoln to put the figures together.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Taboo

How's that austerity working in Europe?

No, get used to czars.
Who in Europe is practicing Austerity?
Juggernaut Nihilism

Post by Juggernaut Nihilism »

Taboo wrote:Well, the only real question was whether we were in for a smooth adjustment or for a rough adjustment. That question has been answered by the will of the American people. They decided they like it rough.

Obama and the Fed has been trying to paper over a massive depression by pulling growth forward...unfortunately that's really not possible over eight years, so Obama will be stuck with a depression and the resulting blame rather than Romney's "free market" policies (which wouldn't have been free market at all). Furthermore, the economy will get bad enough that circumstances could propel a real conservative into office in 2016 (or admittedly Obama could go FDR and seek a third term...)
This is correct. Mr. Perfect cannot see that averting total disaster was not possible, and that a Romney/Ryan victory only would have ensured that the policies he favors took the bullet for what's about to happen.
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
Taboo

Post by Taboo »

Some old book has it right.

GALATIANS 6: 7-9

PS: Bob Krumm agrees:
http://www.bobkrumm.com/blog/?p=2519
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

well, as I've said before, whatever happens, I will be one of the first to go. So if there is indeed starvation-scenarios soon, my days here are pretty short.
noddy

Post by noddy »

its odd to see america lined up with europe and australia hoping that the chinese can pull off the great middle class transformation and reignite the world market.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's those mormons darn it.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:Taboo

How's that austerity working in Europe?

No, get used to czars.
Who in Europe is practicing Austerity?

Greece. At the command of their lenders, Nazis refusing to acknowledge reality ascendant in the streets. Will be the same here, though met with more armed and capable opposition. IOW, armed chaos.
Demon of Undoing

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's those mormons darn it.

Yes, actually, it is. You place your faith in a cult that does anything to stay alive, you get what you deserve.
noddy

Post by noddy »

romney never came across with the same polite earnestness that those annoying buggers in black and white suits do when they disturb my weekend sleep.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Obama: 303 EC

Romney: 203 EC

Not a quite Nixonian blow out, but more decisive than I had expected.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:romney never came across with the same polite earnestness that those annoying buggers in black and white suits do when they disturb my weekend sleep.
To their credit, those earnest buggers make an effort to learn Japanese. Then they meet a Japanese girl and . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote:Obama: 303 EC

What's the popular vote like?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Looks like it's split down the middle with a slight advantage to Obama.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Demon of Undoing wrote: Greece. At the command of their lenders, Nazis refusing to acknowledge reality ascendant in the streets. Will be the same here, though met with more armed and capable opposition. IOW, armed chaos.
A keynesian now? You're the real conservative now? Sounds just like a progressive to me.

Ever heard of triage? Does you magic Jesus throw good money after bad or does the magic of your world say that is not possible (no such thing as good money after bad).
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:its odd to see america lined up with europe and australia hoping that the chinese can pull off the great middle class transformation and reignite the world market.
Despite current issues, you can add Japan to that list.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Looks like it's split down the middle with a slight advantage to Obama.
It's going to spread out when the west coast comes in.
Demon of Undoing

Oh, Mr P, I'm not giving you prescriptions. The time for that is gone. You missed it. I'm predicting your future. There is indeed no way out. Babylon is coming.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

There is no way out now, 2016 is meaningless. The next downturn will happen with debt to GDP near 150% and European levels near 100%. There is no forecasting what this will look like. If you guys aren't privileged or can live off the land...

People got really mad when I posted pictures of starvation in 2008.
Perhaps it's because I've been reading them for decades, but I've become more and more skeptical of Apocalypse Any-Day-Now predictions.

The one prediction that I do agree with is the one predicting a secular change in the nature of work due to automation.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

How did the marijuana vote go in the states that it was on the ballot?

Perhaps the most important issue of this election.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'm going to do fine, been doing fine, however the poor and particularly minorities are being destroyed, and all I see around me are people asking for more. I can't help but be fine, the poor and working class have told Obama to give me all their money and he's doing it. What exactly am I supposed to be afraid of, personally?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Thanks to JN for his live blogging thread of the US 2012 election.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Perhaps it's because I've been reading them for decades, but I've become more and more skeptical of Apocalypse Any-Day-Now predictions.

The one prediction that I do agree with is the one predicting a secular change in the nature of work due to automation.
That's perfectly reasonable, and I was that way for many years because of the wolf crying around me in my early years, but as the world zooms into triple digits worth of debt to gdp as their populations begin to retire, well...

Sometimes real estate goes down.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Perhaps, on some of those points, but President's aren't impeached because what they did broke the law, you know that.

"...if this was Bush...." is a whole bunch of whining that allows the behavior to continue. It is a weird way of saying, "I have no power to stop this, so I'm going to pout."
You know the Republican Party won really on the issues of tax cuts and growth in the post Reagan era (without dragging in the Cold War and whatnot), we've never won ever nationally on spending cuts, and we've tried a number of times, including this time.

This time tax cuts and growth seemed risky, and the poors really dream of their imaginary paychecks coming, so there was no sale. It's pretty much that simple.