Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Simple Minded

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:why do they allow machete's in london ? there is no rainforest or scrubland to clear a path through.

with modern supermarkets selling all meats and vegetables pre cut in handy portions their is no need for poms to have access to anything more than a bread knife.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... four-years

26,370 offences, its a pyscho, its time to take a stand against the juveinle fixation on medieval weaponary.
c'mon Bro, we have the John Wayne fantasies, they have Kind Arthur. It's cultural.

Butcher shops and bakeries have slicing machines, so no knives are necessary anywhere in the kingdom.

Now that the science is settled that even animal farts cause man made global warming, why are people allowed to eat meat? Some of the animals who are made out of meat have sharp, hard, pointy things growing out of their heads..... :o and I'll bet they worship a different god also.... :shock:

Somebody outa do something!!!!

Soft sporks and chopsticks made out of re-cycled paper....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:
Yukon Cornelius wrote:......... in terms of terrorism -- how will gun control ever stop that?
Folks,

The Beeb news have just reported a terror attack in London. A guy stabbed someone with a knife, shouting "This is for Syria!" The police took him down with a stun gun.

Fortunately the attacker did not have an assault weapon, or any kind of firearm, so the incident (sad as it is) was quickly contained.

Alex.
Maybe a lost, panicked ET, with an accent trying to say "Is this Sirius?"
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
manolo wrote:
Yukon Cornelius wrote:......... in terms of terrorism -- how will gun control ever stop that?
Folks,

The Beeb news have just reported a terror attack in London. A guy stabbed someone with a knife, shouting "This is for Syria!" The police took him down with a stun gun.

Fortunately the attacker did not have an assault weapon, or any kind of firearm, so the incident (sad as it is) was quickly contained.

Alex.
Maybe a lost, panicked ET, with an accent trying to say "Is this Sirius?"
Time to change the business plan.

Enough marketing the "Rapture Rupture Truss",

time to switch to chain mail underwear.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
manolo wrote:
Folks,

Alex.

Time to change the business plan.

Enough marketing the "Rapture Rupture Truss",

time to switch to chain mail underwear.
Whenever this guy shares advice in terms of edged weaponry tactics and defensive gear...... I'm listening!
Attachments
samuari-valkerie.jpg
samuari-valkerie.jpg (76.55 KiB) Viewed 827 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

:wink:
___

CityLab | The 20-Year-Old Ban That Silenced Research on Gun Violence
In hindsight, [Jay] Dickey—the former congressman [Arkansas] who proposed the ban—said he regrets the move, telling NPR in October that the amendment was never intended to stop all research. “I don't know, but that's where my regret is,” he said. “I was on to other things and worrying about my constituents. And I didn't follow through and say we … still need to do research. I didn't do that.”
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

There is no ban on research. I research it all the time and put my research online at different forums. The conclusion is gun bans don't stop any violence. We have lots of gun control and it doesn't appear to stop any violence.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

And speaking of substance, here is a substantive question.

California is a left wing Democrat state that can pass any liberal thing they want. In the wake of this shooting why no new gun control legislation. Same goes for France.

Somebody please answer this question.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote::wink:
___

CityLab | The 20-Year-Old Ban That Silenced Research on Gun Violence
In hindsight, [Jay] Dickey—the former congressman [Arkansas] who proposed the ban—said he regrets the move, telling NPR in October that the amendment was never intended to stop all research. “I don't know, but that's where my regret is,” he said. “I was on to other things and worrying about my constituents. And I didn't follow through and say we … still need to do research. I didn't do that.”
In light of this: http://quillette.com/2015/12/04/rebelli ... ereotypes/

and government funding of "climate science,"

the big screw up was not banning climate science research instead. Think how much worse the "gun problem" would be if there was unlimited funding available to research the "gun problem" over the last 20 years........ :shock:

would there still be life on Earth? :?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:There is no ban on research. I research it all the time and put my research online at different forums. The conclusion is gun bans don't stop any violence. We have lots of gun control and it doesn't appear to stop any violence.
Cherry picking and misunderstanding data analysis and statistics is not research.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That's what I keep telling the gunphobics. They are unable to cognate that the gun control they are calling for already exists in California, and that our lowest murder states, on par with Europe, have no gun control at all.

They are unable to cognate even the most basic facts in the "debate". It's been a real problem for them, as they have made it a political plank during their catastrophic losses, becoming the superminority party. They thought they were going to win on the issue as they've been losing. Dramatically lo information.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Gun control didn't fix it either. So what are you trying to say.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Doc

Post by Doc »

The Daily News editors are having a nervous break down. They were dusting off their plans to move to France for their mental health when they discovered that France had become "Worse" than the US.

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote:And speaking of substance, here is a substantive question.

California is a left wing Democrat state that can pass any liberal thing they want. In the wake of this shooting why no new gun control legislation. Same goes for France.

I wonder why they don't answer these questions.
Typhoon

Re: Why gun control doesn't work in Europe

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
noddy wrote:we appear to be on different trains of thought.

i care not for stopping the movement, i care if having a gun would help me against tyrannical government millitary and/or police, i dont believe it would.
Some people said we lost the Iraq war. Some dirty robe wearing shmucks with ancient AK47s and primitive explosive devices beat the US military.
The dirty schmucks were the neocons that involved the US military in a nonsensical war such as the Iraq II.
Mr. Perfect wrote:Could Jim Bob ever overthrow a tyrannical government? Only one way to find out.
If you advocate armed insurrection against the US government again, then you are going to have to find another site to do so.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Image
An object lesson in how not to plot and present a graph.
The opinion of the American people corresponds tightly to that graph, despite Americans not even seeing it.

It's a great presentation. It settles the issue.
Once again, top marks for consistency. This time for consistently being not even wrong.

The scales on both sides should start at zero to give a proper perspective of the relationship between the two curves.

What are the statistical and systematic errors on the two curves?

What is the r value between the two curves?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: The dirty schmucks were the neocons that involved the US military in a nonsensical war such as the Iraq II.
:) Looks like you guys are running low on talking points. Are we going to do Charles in Charge reruns next.
If you advocate armed insurrection against the US government again, then you are going to have to find another site to do so.
I didn't advocate anything. You OTOH endorsed a xenophobic closing of borders and a gunphobic stripping of constitutional rights of US law abiding citizens.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Once again, top marks for consistency. This time for consistently being not even wrong.

The scales on both sides should start at zero to give a proper perspective of the relationship between the two curves.
Why. You can do it mentally, it doesn't change anything.
What are the statistical and systematic errors on the two curves?

What is the r value between the two curves?
I'm sure you could look them up at the CDC, it is their data.

But the real question is why you put one set of standards on data you don't like and a different set of standards on other data (rarely is data ever published in the MSM to those specs).

The settled facts in the US is that gun crime has dropped for decades as gun freedoms and gun ownership have increased. You can swim up the NIagra Falls all you want but the Democrats have been running on this for 3 years and the result is a record superminority. There is a reason for that.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm sure you could look them up at the CDC, it is their data.
The graph is based on CDC data. It doesn't say it was made by CDC.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Way to go ymix!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:And speaking of substance, here is a substantive question.

I wonder why they don't answer these questions.
Because progressives think gun taxes, like cigarette taxes, are to die for?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Could be. Or, they know the answer to the question obliterates their position.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Eric Garner died for $2.86 worth of cigarette taxes. Mayor De blasio ordered the police to crack down on illegal cigarette sales. Garner died as a direct result of De Blasio's policies which he thinks are for others to die for. I suppose he figures that is killing two birds with one stone. He instills fear and gets rid of a life he feels is worthless.