Ukraine

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Ukraine

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:28 am https://www.businessinsider.com.au/fox- ... ?r=US&IR=T

Tucker Carlson has defended his opinions in court by saying only an durian would believe them.

That nothing to do with Tucker, nor with American courts

That shows money talks .. if you pay enough, lawyers get even a murderer free, happens often
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUuYVsqR6sw

Orthodox church big player now in Russia

Same as Evangelicals big player in US

Remember Trump in front of Church Bible in hand ?

Trump .jpeg
Trump .jpeg (30.77 KiB) Viewed 476 times

Same story :lol:
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5Ziwmygow

This from 2017 .. meaning West knew the game , they knew

West was "building up" the "antidote" in Ukraine

Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox church "separated" recently

Economist :

https://www.economist.com/the-economist ... ches-split

Why did the Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox churches split ?

National identity was at stake—and the schism still feeds conflict between the countries

78% of Ukrainians and 71% of Russians—identify as Orthodox Christians. Religion is linked to national identity: 51% of Ukranians say it is important for a person to be Orthodox to be truly Ukrainian, and 57% of Russians say the same. Their Christian history is long and closely entwined.

the Ukrainian Orthodox Church went towards "liberalism" (west) .. the Russian Orthodox Church towards "conservatism" .. they now enemies

Heracleum Persicum

https://asiatimes.com/2022/03/zelensky- ... diers-are/

https://asiatimes.com/2022/03/ukraine-w ... edibility/
NATO is inevitably weakened by its lackluster response and responsibility for fanning the flames that led Russia to invade

True in both cases
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

There are 3 major dispensations in the Ukraine:

the Byzantine rite Catholic patriarch (mostly found in the west); the autocephalous ukrainian patriarch; and an exarch whose superior is the patriarch of Moscow.

All three have offered some sort of endorsement for resistance to the invasion.

===========

By anecdote, the most hostile religious discussions I've witnessed by far, over and over again, are between Catholics and Orthodox; most particularly when it came to the Ukraine and, by extension, Russia.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i do think that particular site is probably aimed at centrist australians who want to laugh at right wing americans, so is likewise an entertainment more than information.

my only intention for posting it was that im not convinced Tucker Carlsons take on the Ukraine is about Ukraine, it will be a hot take to suit certain audiences amusement.

as is most of our news, which is why i aint posting any of it here.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:43 am There are 3 major dispensations in the Ukraine:

the Byzantine rite Catholic patriarch (mostly found in the west); the autocephalous ukrainian patriarch; and an exarch whose superior is the patriarch of Moscow.

All three have offered some sort of endorsement for resistance to the invasion.

===========

By anecdote, the most hostile religious discussions I've witnessed, over and over again, has been between Catholics and Orthodox; most particularly when it came to the Ukraine and, by extension, Russia.
the Polish traditional catholic thing is obviously relevant in all that aswell - half the problem Ukraine was having with joining the EU smelt to me like Atheist liberal Europe not knowing how to deal with Poland and Hungary already, and not being ready for even more of it.

but im even more ignorant of that than I am of anything, so I have zero idea how that plays out.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:12 am JRxP-CQuKQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxP-CQuKQs
Carlson does not know between his ass and a hole in the ground with regards any region of the world outside of the US.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/17/worl ... pport.html
In Some Parts of the World, the War in Ukraine Seems Justified

To an independent filmmaker in Hanoi, Vietnam, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia is a “wise leader.” In Rio de Janeiro, a former restaurant owner said he was convinced that Ukraine had hired actors to fake war injuries. And a 27-year-old doctor living near Nairobi in Kenya questioned how Americans could be outraged over the Russian invasion when “for so long, they had a monopoly over anarchy.”

Again, this nothing to do with world , neither those wars were "World Wars"

This confrontation between Russia/china and Europe/Anglos (US , Australia) .. Japan just acting "opportunistic"

The rest of the world not with West

Brazil is with Putin , Mexico neutral , Ayatollahs with Putin/China , India is with Putin

Many, say Thailand, are BULLIED by West into submission to tow the western rope .. the rope loosening as neither the lion nor lamb the same lion and Lamb

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:18 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:12 am JRxP-CQuKQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxP-CQuKQs
Carlson does not know between his ass and a hole in the ground with regards any region of the world outside of the US.

Carlson overqualified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRh1zXFKC_o

:lol:

80% of American congressman and Senators don't have passports, never been out of US

Bush junior was not out of US until he became president (maybe once)

Not sure even Biden can put his finger on a map on Bangladesh (a nation with 190 m population)

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:06 am
Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:30 am You guys are heavily deluded because of where you live. You are next. And it was avoidable but you didn’t do what it took
China will not be invading us - this I can promise, its you who are confused on these issues.

they might end up strangling us, blocking shipping ways, demanding policeman payments, sanctioning our products, but we are used to that.
Are you trying to convince me or are you trying to convince yourself
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:18 pm Carlson does not know between his ass and a hole in the ground with regards any region of the world outside of the US.
Reminds me of so many people
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like Putin will eke out a win.

He will gain territory and get guarantees and he's way more popular at home. For him to take an L he would have to withdraw, and then the idea of him being captured and tried in the Hague was a hilarious fantasy. In 10 years he will be reintegrated into society, like Ghaddafi was.

But most importantly he called NATO's bluff. He was able to invade and conquer part of a neighboring country and NATO was not willing to send a single soldier.

Will a NATO/UN force send a single soldier for Taiwan? No. Japan? No. Australia? No. As such, China will eventually make those moves, sooner rather than later. As for the fate of those people, I believe CS says "you get the government you deserve". You had 30 years to make different deals and you didn't do it.

There is no deterrence. There is no alliance. The castrati removed all that.

In 30 years the West went from having a majority that believed a threat to freedom anywhere is a threat to freedom anywhere, to having a majority believe that it's not worth a single soldiers life to defend a foreign country.

Now, the consequences flow.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:06 am
Doc wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:49 am
Mr. Perfect wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:05 pm If you want to use an example of competing for unclaimed resources that's a possible exception.
Unclaimed? You joking or what?

So tell me what part of the South China seas that the CCP claims was not claimed by someone else?

[
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Other than that, the only time resources are fought over is the POLITICAL POWER afforded those resources. EG the lower kingdom conquering the upper kingdom.

China isn't trying to make money or get cheap resources with it's moves in the Asian Pacific, they are trying increase their autonomy, power, however you want to call it.
As far as the south China sea goes China has never used force to take any of the islands in it. How much has the CCP paid to take the South China Sea? The cost of building a few fake islands. And they didn't even pay for it. Americans paid for it with lots and lots of help from Wall Street bankers and the DC establishment.
Analysts: Beijing Has Long Used Military Force to Exert Dominance Over South China Sea
By: John Grady
July 12, 2016 6:03 PM
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Europe is dependent on Russian oil, no one is talking about invading and taking their resources, etc. Because it's cheaper not to.

The only reason to invade is remove the power Putin derives from it.

And boy has he leveraged that revenue into power.
Putin? Initially I thought that Putin left his best troops on the border with China. But if the latest reports are true he has gone all in in Ukraine. Pretty soon the Russian army is going to be like:
This post is in harmony with my post. China is increasing their power over the Pacific and no one is stopping them. And no one will stop them. They will take Taiwan, Japan, Australia, and whatever else they want to take.
You said they don't use force. But they did use force on several occasions. They were more or less skirmishes but use of force none the less. Their action in the south China sea were found by the world court to be illegal But they have not abided by that ruling by force. The CCP just uses the minimal force needed.

In the past the PRC has invaded Tibet, the Soviet Union and Vietnam. Before that it fought in Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTqNWzaUgFQ
aTqNWzaUgFQ

China also claims the city of Vladivostok Mongolia and large parts of SIberia as its own territory. It is also competing with Russia over control of central Asia. It may turn out the CCP will steal the above without going to war. But have it the CCP will in any case.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I don’t think I said they don’t use force
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:30 pm
noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:06 am
Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:30 am You guys are heavily deluded because of where you live. You are next. And it was avoidable but you didn’t do what it took
China will not be invading us - this I can promise, its you who are confused on these issues.

they might end up strangling us, blocking shipping ways, demanding policeman payments, sanctioning our products, but we are used to that.
Are you trying to convince me or are you trying to convince yourself
once Trump started sayin the truth, I was more than aware of what was going in regards our US partnerships and how pointless they are.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4137#p140289

we live in asia, you lot wont be dying for us, i dont really care about your fantasies of death and destruction for me.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Partnerships are partnerships. When one side does all the lifting it's no longer a partnership.

Coulda been different. That's all. I don't think they will kill all you guys but you will definitely be subjugated.

The China model for Japan/Aus will be internet censorship, then advisors, then political officers. And you will submit.

Weird that the planet is going to turn into one large prison.
noddy

Post by noddy »

nonsense and fantasy.

they will control most of the farms and mines, employ only chinese and we will be like the africans, doing our own thing on the edges and ignored.

if anyone gets uppity and makes life hard for them, they will probably get prison as a terrorist.

not really that different to letting the american corporations run amok over here, except less locals employed, no doubt,
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:09 pm Looks like Putin will eke out a win.

He will gain territory and get guarantees and he's way more popular at home. For him to take an L he would have to withdraw, and then the idea of him being captured and tried in the Hague was a hilarious fantasy. In 10 years he will be reintegrated into society, like Ghaddafi was.

But most importantly he called NATO's bluff. He was able to invade and conquer part of a neighboring country and NATO was not willing to send a single soldier.

Will a NATO/UN force send a single soldier for Taiwan? No. Japan? No. Australia? No. As such, China will eventually make those moves, sooner rather than later. As for the fate of those people, I believe CS says "you get the government you deserve". You had 30 years to make different deals and you didn't do it.

There is no deterrence. There is no alliance. The castrati removed all that.

In 30 years the West went from having a majority that believed a threat to freedom anywhere is a threat to freedom anywhere, to having a majority believe that it's not worth a single soldiers life to defend a foreign country.

Now, the consequences flow.
once you get away from the macho, dying in the fields for freedom and blue faces rhetoric we have to get to the endgame.

in that endgame, Europe has lost nothing, Russia has lost many things and is fading away to nothing but a gas supplier to China.

A few thousand Ukrainians dying isnt here nor there to the death a full war would have unleashed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromaidan will always be bubbling away, Russia will only have nominal control.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Europe lost everything. NATO is now defunct, much like the UN. It's just a husk consuming revenue. Europe/NATO pulled their pants down and revealed to the world that they are castrated. Right on their border Hitler invaded and conquered territory that is not in their interest.

China watched it, Islam is watching. 30 years ago Saddam invaded Kuwait and 20 nations joined forces to kick him out. Today Hitler invaded in their backyard and they couldn't muster a single troop.

China has no deterrent. Islam has no deterrent. Putin will stay with his nukes. NATO is neutered. That is the end game.

The end game you should have pursued is Aus and Japan should have formed an alliance and declared War on Russia, headed over there and kicked him out. You would have gained ground against China.

But you didn't, and vassalhood is your destiny.

Just how the cookie crumbled.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:02 am nonsense and fantasy.

they will control most of the farms and mines, employ only chinese and we will be like the africans, doing our own thing on the edges and ignored.

if anyone gets uppity and makes life hard for them, they will probably get prison as a terrorist.

not really that different to letting the american corporations run amok over here, except less locals employed, no doubt,
Lol you already live that way to a large degree, I don't. You think China is going to pump the breaks now? Lol, the opposite. They have no deterrent from the West. They will take you and do what they want with you.

Internet censorship, then advisors, then officers in your town.

No one will save you
noddy

Post by noddy »

i am safe, I follow the wisdom of the twitters.

you seem to be under the delusion that the America which projects itself onto the world is the rural christian, gun toting and freedom loving America.

the America we get over here is the globalist corporate, woke democrat America - all those things you are trying to scare me with, already happened, ot alteast would happen if I moved back to the city and did the corporate wage slavery thing again.

you are so full of boogieman visions of the world you cant really understand that the difference between working for a chinese entrepeneur or an american corporate is less profound than you might suspect - in many ways I find it easier to deal with the Chinese businessman, its more like the old world, less full of QWERTY+- diversity sensitivity issues. They also dont expect much from me except the work, they think of me as white redneck, ill never be one of them - so its none of that corporate culture , part of a team, cultish stuff.

your internet has always been monitored and censored, the only difference now is you are on the wrong side of the mainstream so the implications are now apparent to you.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Translation:

71% of Russians are proud of the war with Ukraine, sociologists say.

Almost three-quarters of Russia's population supports the war with Ukraine, experiencing such positive emotions as pride, joy, respect, trust and hope, Radio Svoboda writes.

This is evidenced by data from two polls conducted by a group of independent Russian sociologists with an interval of one and a half weeks from late February to mid-March.

This opinion differed depending on age, the study authors note. Russians over the age of 35 were more likely to express feelings of pride, respect, and hope. Respondents under the age of 18 were more prone to resentment and frustration. Two out of five Russians expressed concern about the war, and these feelings were most often reported by young Russians. Russians in the middle age groups (aged 25 to 44) were more likely to report feelings of anxiety and fear about the military operation. More than half of those over the age of 55 support the war with Ukraine.

The differences between the first and second polls show an increase in the number of people supporting the "military operation" and the independence of the so-called "DPR" and "LPR". At the same time, there is growing pessimism about the personal financial situation in connection with the sanctions imposed on Western countries.

At the same time, according to the authors, the results of the second poll, conducted on March 12-13 during the period of strengthening state control over the media and freedom of speech, should be interpreted taking into account the possible impact of fear and social bias on attitudes.

Polls also show that three-quarters of Russia's population learns the news of the war from television. Of these, 87 percent (and 64 percent of all Russians) learn from state TV channels. 22 percent of Russians use a radio to receive news, and only one percent of respondents have access to information on shortwave. The use of VPN to access the news of the "military operation", according to the authors of the study, is 5.5 percent. Of those who use the Internet to learn about the war, 37 percent do not know what a VPN is. YouTube is used by 11 percent of respondents, Telegram - 7.

According to sociologists, young Russians under the age of 35 are more likely to distrust the news about Ukraine with some or complete distrust compared to the older generation. At the same time, the authors of the study note that young Russians in the age group of 18 to 24 were more likely to express indifference to what is happening in Ukraine.

When asked how they are affected by the actions of the Russian president, a third of respondents said they firmly believe that Putin is working in their interests, and another 26 percent say he is working in their interests to some extent. In general, most Russians believe that it would be better if Putin remained president for as long as possible. This opinion is most common among television audiences. Russians who rely on personal connections and digital platforms perceive the president differently, according to a study by independent Russian sociologists.

Original source:

https://www.svoboda.org/a/nezavisimye-s ... 57535.html
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:05 am Europe lost everything. NATO is now defunct, much like the UN. It's just a husk consuming revenue. Europe/NATO pulled their pants down and revealed to the world that they are castrated. Right on their border Hitler invaded and conquered territory that is not in their interest.

China watched it, Islam is watching. 30 years ago Saddam invaded Kuwait and 20 nations joined forces to kick him out. Today Hitler invaded in their backyard and they couldn't muster a single troop.

China has no deterrent. Islam has no deterrent. Putin will stay with his nukes. NATO is neutered. That is the end game.

The end game you should have pursued is Aus and Japan should have formed an alliance and declared War on Russia, headed over there and kicked him out. You would have gained ground against China.

But you didn't, and vassalhood is your destiny.

Just how the cookie crumbled.

Yes,
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/17/busi ... ussia.html

Koch would not stop operating two Russian glass factories in its Guardian Industries unit.

Guardian’s business employs 600 people and makes up a small portion of the privately held company, which had estimated revenue of $115 billion last year. Koch Industries will “not walk away from our employees there or hand over these manufacturing facilities to the Russian government so it can operate and benefit from them,” Mr. Robertson said.

All western medea, print, TV politicians, all , are busy with "amateurish" anti Russia and China "hot air" propaganda .. aimed at manufacturing sentiment and fooling Western Joe into anti Russia and China sentiment.

Communist time, West had easy, there was a tangebale subject to work on , Communism

Now, Russia and China the real capitalist .. America with $ 5 Trillion "Stimulus" , 25% of American GDP , helicopter money , the factual "socialists" .. :lol:

West has difficulty to portray Russia or China as bad guy .. a dromm beating of low level propaganda can not create a lasting effect

Yes, agree , NATO is dead ..

Astonished West lets Zelenskyy address Canadian, American, European parliament's asking for "no fly zone" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW8JHomRWyw

This whole Ukrainian episode shows "long distance" security guaranties not worth the paper written on .. as said weeks ago, there no doubt that even if Putin overruns Baltics, NATO will not clash with Russia

America + Europe , do not have the economic or military power to confront the world , because the rest of the world not on American/European train

Why not ?

Reason is, as explained above, there no real reason such as "communism" that would relate and endanger them

In contrary

Rest of the world, even probably European public , wants to trade with China and have Russian gas, oil , minerals etc etc

Rest of the world does not see any "tangible" reason to confront Russia and China

America/Europe is on their own

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.