Attacks on US diplomats/embassies.

Nonc Hilaire

Re: Were Hans, Hannity & Azari right.....

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:On a serious note, I get home and I hear they are sending out warships to Libya which makes no sense to me.
This is a classic U.S. way of demonstrating strength and providing an exit option for embedded personnel. I doubt a shot will be fired.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:On a serious note, I get home and I hear they are sending out warships to Libya which makes no sense to me.
This is a classic U.S. way of demonstrating strength and providing an exit option for embedded personnel. I doubt a shot will be fired.
That's my take, too.
cultivate a white rose
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
monster_gardener wrote: Were Hans & Azari were right about the Arab Spring...... Hannity ;) :twisted: too...
NOT Hannity and me in the same sentence!! Noooooo...

Now, now, it may be weird at first but you'll get use to it; and before you know it, you'll be on his obnoxious program where you both can commiserate in a good whine session about how the way things were. :mrgreen:
To reiterate, the motivation for this attack was precisely the success of the revolution in Libya. The popular vote elected a moderate President, and "Islamists" did poorly at the polls. The new government is trying to assert control over the country as a whole, which still reeling from a revolution and with various factions still armed and an ethnic tribal war going on along the border with Mali, and these extremist factions are trying to make that process as difficult as possible. Hence attacking the US diplomatic mission, which both draws attention and harms Libyian/US relations.

On a serious note, I get home and I hear they are sending out warships to Libya which makes no sense to me. I understand the administration wants people to think they are "taking action" on this but it seems like a waste of gas to plant two ships off the coast of Libya for what amounts to a crime/possible coordinated terrorist act...or are we going to start bombing Libya and the new gov't again in retaliation?
It's probably for show. Plus, the US has plenty of ships and they've got to do something with them, especially to justify building more.

Any retaliatory action would be targeted assassination via drone/airstrike or special forces. It's the only logical form of military response.
Ibrahim

Re: US Embassy in Yemen Attacked......

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:On the other hand, while human nature is universal, some cultures are very unfamiliar with the concept of free speech, in societies whose the govts censor everything,
mistakenly holding the US govt accountable for an independently produced film.
Assuming the real motivation is the film. Recall that in Yemen the US is conducting drone and assassination campaigns in support of Saleh and ostensibly against AQAP, but which monitors, journalists, and Yemenis claim are killing dozens of civilians and missing their intended targets.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Ibrahim wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
monster_gardener wrote: Were Hans & Azari were right about the Arab Spring...... Hannity ;) :twisted: too...
NOT Hannity and me in the same sentence!! Noooooo...

Now, now, it may be weird at first but you'll get use to it; and before you know it, you'll be on his obnoxious program where you both can commiserate in a good whine session about how the way things were. :mrgreen:
To reiterate, the motivation for this attack was precisely the success of the revolution in Libya. The popular vote elected a moderate President, and "Islamists" did poorly at the polls. The new government is trying to assert control over the country as a whole, which still reeling from a revolution and with various factions still armed and an ethnic tribal war going on along the border with Mali, and these extremist factions are trying to make that process as difficult as possible. Hence attacking the US diplomatic mission, which both draws attention and harms Libyian/US relations.
Hopefully it backfires. I would imagine that many Libyans who had begun to drift in to apathy are outraged by this, so this could stir them in to action to defend the revolution.

On a serious note, I get home and I hear they are sending out warships to Libya which makes no sense to me. I understand the administration wants people to think they are "taking action" on this but it seems like a waste of gas to plant two ships off the coast of Libya for what amounts to a crime/possible coordinated terrorist act...or are we going to start bombing Libya and the new gov't again in retaliation?
It's probably for show. Plus, the US has plenty of ships and they've got to do something with them, especially to justify building more.
It also shows the domestic audience that we're doing something -- ships are bigger and easier to see than special forces or drones in action.
Any retaliatory action would be targeted assassination via drone/airstrike or special forces. It's the only logical form of military response.
Yes, that's what I expect, too.
cultivate a white rose
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Azrael wrote:Hopefully it backfires. I would imagine that many Libyans who had begun to drift in to apathy are outraged by this, so this could stir them in to action to defend the revolution.
I've read that citizens in Benghazi, cradle of the revolution, are collecting donations for the rebuilding of the consulate.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Attacks on US diplomats/embassies.

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What;s interesting is that to the best of my research this "film" had only a few thousand hits before the kinetic actions against the US.

Now, thanks to the popularizing of the street trash, countless millions have been exposed to the idea that Muhammad could be a murderous sex pervert.

Sort of ironic.
Censorship isn't necessary
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Military acronym is NEO (non-combattant evacuation) plan. In the case of a littoral threat area, naval ships with organic rotary lift capability (AKA helicopters and a landing pad) are the preferred safe zone.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

http://www.upi.com/blog/2012/09/13/Liby ... 347548279/
Libyans-hold-peaceful-demonstrations-decrying-the-Benghazi-attacks-PHOTOS.jpg
Libyans-hold-peaceful-demonstrations-decrying-the-Benghazi-attacks-PHOTOS.jpg (30.33 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Libyans-hold-peaceful-demonstrations-decrying-the-Benghazi-attacks-PHOTOS1.jpg
Libyans-hold-peaceful-demonstrations-decrying-the-Benghazi-attacks-PHOTOS1.jpg (21.95 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Attachments
Libyans-hold-peaceful-demonstrations-decrying-the-Benghazi-attacks-PHOTOS3.jpg
Libyans-hold-peaceful-demonstrations-decrying-the-Benghazi-attacks-PHOTOS3.jpg (37.02 KiB) Viewed 889 times
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Thank you for the post Hans Bulvai.

So many innocent people caught in the middle of so much horse$#!t.

You are a good man and a credit to all you associate yourself with.
Enki

Re: Jihad . . .

Post by Enki »

Azrael wrote: Would you two cut it out? It's rather annoying to someone who has a high opinion of both of you.
Seconded. The Ibrahim v Marcus show is tedious.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Not just personnel. That's how they will remove every American. If you were on holiday in Giza, this would be how you'd get out of the country if everything when to lavender.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... 84068.html

Looks like its spreading to Tunisia, Algeria and Pakistan as well.

Please Mittens attack Iran, lets have a failed state from Karachi to Benghazi.
-Alexander Hamilton
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

How Middle Eastern people & Muslims feel about WEST does not need explanation

Over the past 100 or so years, foreigners have exploited the wealth of the countries in the Persian Gulf for their own gain and at the expense of the indigenous population. In the early days, companies from Great Britain, later followed by the United States and France, took advantage using the threat of economic boycott and isolation and military intervention - the old face of colonialism. Today, foreign individuals and corporations work hand-in-hand with the same Middle East rulers to exploit their people - the new face of colonialism.

so,

question not,

why happened what happened in Benghazi and elsewhere

look, Hillary .. words dime a dozen .. action, fact on the ground counts, not empty words

pretty much all rank&file American politicians .. day-in, day-out .. talk down, belittle, vilify and and and Islam and Muslims .. UTube full of Giuliani saying this, Senators (all of them) saying that, McCain saying this, even Rimney saying that

yes, free speech .. true

but how come when one says, maybe not 6 million but 5.9 million Jews were killed by Europeans, hell brakes lose and even one can go to jail for saying that, but it is open season against Islam .. poor Sikhs :lol:

look, guys

let's be frank

this a crusade .. W. said so and he damn right

question who made this film and why ?

no, Zionist or Jews did not make it .. they already between a rock and hard place

prime suspect are the Ayatollahs

They could have thought, you (west) inflicting pain on us (sanctions)

let's see, with minimum investment (my guess the film cost less than $ 100K) how much pain we can inflict on west

America spent $$$ TRILLIONS to make an America friendly Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Egypt and and and

and, that is the result

with a bullshit $100K clip posted on UTube, Trillions of dollars spend on gaining goodwill with Muslims is pored into toilet :lol:

look, guys

give up

well .. see some light in darkness

seems, American MIC (military Industrial Complex) has realized the challenge too big to be surmounted ..

and ! ! !

BiBi , no "red-light" - no "dead-line"

well

where is Senator Lieberman ? ? ? or that other clown Lindsay (Graham) ? ?

in dive-station (submerged) .. funkstille :lol:

look guys .. you in total darkness .. like an elephant in a China store

fell into that Saudi and Ghatari rubbish of perverting Arab speaking people's awakening - following Iran's example

thinking Egyptian military or special agent Morsi can ensure a soft change of guards .. not seeing what really is happening in all Middle East and Africa (and south America)

poor Turkey

that secular, military backed, democracy as-good-as-it-gets (for Tchingiz khan cousins) was sacrificed for a "soft-Islam" rubbish (to counter Iran - not knowing that Turks, Ossmans, court language and administration was Persian) .. and .. Saudi-Katari money bribed Turkey into making Turkey an enemy of SECULAR (Christian and Kurdish and Alwavit) Syria :lol: reminds me same guys (Saudi and Kuwait and the other boys) paying that (CIA) durian (Saddam) to attack Iran .. and ? .. what happened to Iraq ? ? .. Ibrahim, told you many times, this a trap .. and ? refugees overflow Turkey and Kurds strengthening .. see parallels with Saddam and Turkey

Rhubarb ? ? BiBi was kiss of death for Israel .. Israel lost all legitimacy, Europeans say so, all the world says so .. AND .. now .. America waking up and backing away from Israel disaster

well

at this time , all Muslim countries are revolting against that uTube clip ? ? ? attacking west (including Germans)

Saudi regime and Kuwaiti and Ghatari regime .. all of those Brits and CIA appointed kings and Amirs must side with the demonstrators .. otherwise they discredit themselves (more and more)

Who are laughing ? ? ?

Ayatollahs

look how a $100K clip on uTube can undo Trillions of dollars spent for gaining goodwill

told you, hand it over to Ahmadinejat and leave

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Well the fix is in. From the WH to the MSM, this is all about a video that nobody ever saw.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Well the fix is in. From the WH to the MSM, this is all about a video that nobody ever saw.
Again you and I are agreed.
-Alexander Hamilton
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Marcus wrote: Got to agree, ALI, and if such comes to pass it will mean the reformation of Islam.

Go, Ahmadinejad, go . .
Since your Christian one climaxed in the 30 Year War, I'm not so sure I'd wish a reformation on anyone.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

To ridicule a joke has repercussions.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Sparky wrote:
Marcus wrote: Got to agree, ALI, and if such comes to pass it will mean the reformation of Islam.

Go, Ahmadinejad, go . .
Since your Christian one climaxed in the 30 Year War, I'm not so sure I'd wish a reformation on anyone.
I don't wish any such thing on anyone, Sparky, I'm simply saying that the reformation of Islam must happen and will.

That said, how could things be worse? These people have been slaughtering each other and their neighbors now for hundreds of years, not for just thirty years.
Last edited by Marcus on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Milo

Post by Milo »

Did not have a chance to check the thread first, apologies if this has been posted.
This struck me, from Wikipedia:

On September 11, hours before the attacks, in response to the promotion of the film and in anticipation of protests, the US Embassy in Cairo issued the following statement:

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."[22]

The statement was no longer online on September 13.

So they firmly reject this, but not so much that they'll stick with their statements for... you know, more than 48 hours!
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Marcus wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Go, Ahmadinejad, go . .
I don't wish any such thing on anyone, Sparky, I'm simply saying that the reformation of Islam must happen and will.
You just seem a little enthusiastic, is all.
Marcus wrote: That said, how could things be worse?
:) How about from a spot of larceny and grudge settling to frenzied religious genocide?
Marcus wrote: These people have been slaughtering each other and their neighbors now for hundreds of years, not for just thirty years.
Oh sure - but haven't we all?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Honestly sparky you may need to restrain yourself a little here, this is blowback for your recent little neocon adventure so you're really not in a position to be pointing fingers.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Sparky wrote:
Marcus wrote:These people have been slaughtering each other and their neighbors now for hundreds of years, not for just thirty years.
Oh sure - but haven't we all?
No, just enthusiastic about the prospect of Muslims living at peace with the rest of the world whatever it takes in the short run.

Yes, but for Christians at least, not in the name of religion for several centuries now . . with the possible exception of Ireland . . ;)
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Honestly sparky you may need to restrain yourself a little here, this is blowback for your recent little neocon adventure so you're really not in a position to be pointing fingers.
Yes - fair point. I mean, at least during the noble reign of the good Colonel*, not one single act of terrorism was commissioned in jolly old Libya. And, you know, those Islamic fundamentalists are so reasonable and ... oh, hang on...

*Khadafi, not Sun, obviously. That wily Japanese bugger has more blood on his hands than Dario Argento has ever sprayed on actresses' tits.