Romania

Enki

Re: Romania

Post by Enki »

YMix wrote:If you don't come in a helicopter you printed on your 3D printer, I will be very disappointed. :P
Well since my business is white glove software development and data analytics I hope I have some investment capital before I get to 3D printed helicoppter level.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

YMix wrote:.

If you don't come in a helicopter you printed on your 3D printer, I will be very disappointed. :P

This 3D printer seems 2B hot potato

Stratasys, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and servicing of three-dimensional (3D) printers, rapid prototyping (RP) systems, and related consumable materials for office-based RP and direct digital manufacturing (DDM) markets. The company offers its products as integrated systems consisting of an RP machine and the software to convert the CAD designs into a machine compatible format, and modeling and support materials. Its products enable engineers and designers to create physical models, tooling, jigs, fixtures, prototypes, and end use parts out of production grade thermoplastic directly from a CAD workstation. The company also offers rapid prototyping and production part manufacturing services; and maintenance, leasing/renting, training, and contract engineering services for 3D production systems and 3D printers. Its products are used by design and manufacturing organizations in aerospace, architecture, automotive, business machines, consumer products, defense, direct digital manufacturing of custom parts, educational institutions, electronics, fixtures, jewelry, heavy equipment, medical systems, tooling, medical analysis, mold making, and dental markets. The company markets its products through a network of value-added resellers and distributors in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, and China.
Enki, who else is promising in that field ? ?

Jnalum Persicum

Unless foreigners come here, bringing their own financing with them, there's little chance of that happening.

YMix

Agree, Romania might need foreign investors

Now, funds and investors are new generation, mobile and flexible

But

I think emphasize should be put on small investors .. big investors like German factories are now in shrinking mode

But, young, risk friendly, smaller investors are still in play

Best would be somehow to connect to them

Best would be, a website, Rumanian entrepreneurs with mature business ideas posting their BP and looking for investment .. that is the strength of internet

The site should be professional

Entrepreneurs posting should be interviewed by the site and BP have a quick check .. revenue for the site could be some cut from the arranged financing/investment, in cash or share

Yes, YMix , all this new and difficult to kick start, but that could become viral and take off

Foreigners just can't drop in by helicopter

YMix

Post by YMix »

ALI, I understand what you say. I really do. But it's not really up to me. And foreign investors take a rather dim view of Eastern Europe right now.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Jnalum Persicum

Enki wrote:I think that if we use the 'Does it deserve a thread?' metric then Iran is definitely one of the top cultural hegemons in the world based upon threads on the various fora.

Thanks

YMix

Post by YMix »

Raed Arafat, founder of the founder of Romanian Mobile Emergency Service and Under Secretary of state with the Ministry of Health, has just been promoted to Minister, following the departure of Vasile Cepoi under a cloud, so to speak.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
YMix

Post by YMix »

Jnalum Persicum

Is Romania the EU's New Squeaky Wheel ?

. . in Romania, including very public governmental corruption, levels of energy consumption that are among the highest in the union, and a lack of a national strategy for innovation, Europe 2020 is facing an uphill battle.

YMix, drop that Pistachio Halva and think of something .. think hard

YMix

Post by YMix »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:YMix, drop that Pistachio Halva and think of something .. think hard.
Don't worry, I haven't touched Iranian products since that little incident.
It's a call that major corporations are heeding. Alternative energy, one of the key areas identified by the Europe 2020 plans and an area of Romanian weakness, could become the country's strength. Samsung reportedly has plans to build two major photovoltaic parks south of Bucharest. GE (NYSE: GE ) recently shipped a 2.5-megawatt wind turbine to Romania for an offshore farm. And CEZ, the largest utility company in the Czech Republic, is set to invest $502 million in Romania this year.
Back in the mid-2000s, I was eager for more renewable energy. Not anymore, though. The only reason why all these companies come to Romania is the massive subsidy offered by the Government from our tax money. Renewable energy doesn't really do anything for us locals.
But with massive stumbling blocks in Romania, including very public governmental corruption, levels of energy consumption that are among the highest in the union, and a lack of a national strategy for innovation, Europe 2020 is facing an uphill battle.
The EU knew all this when they received us and the rest of Eastern Europe. It's not news in any way. So genuflect them and genuflect us for being fucked.
Jnalum Persicum

As there is no Bulgaria thread, and , I assume same problem exists in Romania, I post this here

Bulgarian Muslims urge fair treatment

But as “assimilation” was repeated once more during Communism - it wasn’t until 2012 when Parliament condemned the so called “Revival Process” as a “shameful page of Bulgarian history”.

Those “some people” are pro-Turkish Bulgarian politicians and Turkish authorities themselves, the chief historian at Bulgarian Academy of Sciences stresses. And while Bulgarian Foreign Minister has supported Turkey’s EU membership - Markov insists Ankara has no place in EU, as it demonstrates what he describes as “neo-Ottoman ambitions”.

It’s the destiny of “social isolation” and “political exploitation”, officials argue. That’s due to the “wrongful capsulation” of ethnicities, Bulgaria’s Culture Minister told media. Turkish descendant himself, he insists real integration and more freedom are the steps forward.

forcefull changing Muslim name to Christian name ? ? :lol:

YMix

Post by YMix »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:As there is no Bulgaria thread, and , I assume same problem exists in Romania, I post this here.
Not really. There are about 55,000 Turks and Tatars living in Romania, out of a population of 20 million. That's less than 0.3% of the total. Bulgaria has nearly 600,000 Turks out of a population of 7.3 million. That's almost 9%.

A lot of Turkish and Arab businessmen came to Romania after the 1989 and married the local girls. Nobody's forcing them to become assimilated.
Jnalum Persicum

Jnalum Persicum wrote:.

As there is no Bulgaria thread, and , I assume same problem exists in Romania, I post this here.

Not really. There are about 55,000 Turks and Tatars living in Romania, out of a population of 20 million. That's less than 0.3% of the total. Bulgaria has nearly 600,000 Turks out of a population of 7.3 million. That's almost 9%.

A lot of Turkish and Arab businessmen came to Romania after the 1989 and married the local girls. Nobody's forcing them to become assimilated.

Married Romanian Girls ? ?

Some years ago, I was in Montecatini Terme, vicinty of Florence .. in Tettuccio thermal bath, there was a Romanian girl Soprano singer .. have never seen such a beautiful singing .. Romanians and Italians same stock

Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

YMix

Post by YMix »

"Unpaid oral sex followed by the biting of the penis is perversion or bodily harm?" - Law students face obscene question on test

The first exam for direct admission to the magistracy was held on January 27, 2013. But the 969 candidates had a big surprise. An very unusual question was included in Block 1 of the Criminal Law part of the test:

Question 71

While X was involved in a sexual act with Y, a woman above the consenting age, whom he had met in a club and to whom he had offered RON 150 in exchange for this act, he told Y that he would not pay because he was not happy with her skills. At that moment, Y bit into X's sex organ and informed X that she would only let go when he paid the RON 150. X suffered lesions that required 23 days of medical care. In this case:

a. The bodily harm act committed by Y is legitimate self defense because Y acted to recover the amount owed by X;

b. Y did not engage in blackmail, which absorbs the act of bodily harm;

c. Y did not commit sexual perversion.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Stupidity in the First Degree........

Post by monster_gardener »

YMix wrote:"Unpaid oral sex followed by the biting of the penis is perversion or bodily harm?" - Law students face obscene question on test

The first exam for direct admission to the magistracy was held on January 27, 2013. But the 969 candidates had a big surprise. An very unusual question was included in Block 1 of the Criminal Law part of the test:

Question 71

While X was involved in a sexual act with Y, a woman above the consenting age, whom he had met in a club and to whom he had offered RON 150 in exchange for this act, he told Y that he would not pay because he was not happy with her skills. At that moment, Y bit into X's sex organ and informed X that she would only let go when he paid the RON 150. X suffered lesions that required 23 days of medical care. In this case:

a. The bodily harm act committed by Y is legitimate self defense because Y acted to recover the amount owed by X;

Thank You VERY Much for your post, YMix,

d. X committed Grand Stupidity First Degree........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
YMix

Post by YMix »

I can attest to the truth of... most of the above. I didn't know that anal is usually included. :P
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

YMix,

I know, you know and everybody knows that Romania is a lot better than that. But I also know the feeling of having to say that our country is s_it, because we are so frustrated with everything that goes wrong. The only way out is for each one to start doing things right, as right as possible, even if everybody else doesn't care. Little by little things start improving, self-esteem increases, results become noticeable. It doesn't matter if it takes decades to get out of the hole. And meanwhile beat to a pulp the next guy who says Romania is dirt, no matter how much you may think that he may be right...

"România este mare!..."
noddy

Post by noddy »

YMix wrote:"Unpaid oral sex followed by the biting of the penis is perversion or bodily harm?" - Law students face obscene question on test

Question 71

hah - he needs to pay her the $150 and then it should be a $150 fine for biting the dick.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

Endovelico wrote:YMix,

I know, you know and everybody knows that Romania is a lot better than that. But I also know the feeling of having to say that our country is s_it, because we are so frustrated with everything that goes wrong. The only way out is for each one to start doing things right, as right as possible, even if everybody else doesn't care. Little by little things start improving, self-esteem increases, results become noticeable. It doesn't matter if it takes decades to get out of the hole. And meanwhile beat to a pulp the next guy who says Romania is dirt, no matter how much you may think that he may be right...

"România este mare!..."
That's true. And thank you for your kind words. :)
YMix

Post by YMix »

Horsemeat scandal: France summons meat industry chiefs

French ministers are to hold talks with key players in the meat industry as the horsemeat scandal widens to up to 16 countries.

Seven French supermarket chains have withdrawn frozen beef meals made by Findus and Comigel.

The move followed the discovery that foods sold in Europe and the UK labelled as beef contained horsemeat.

The scandal has raised questions about the complexity of the food industry's supply chains across the EU.

It has already had an impact on distributors in the UK, France, Sweden, Ireland and Romania.

Food products in a further 11 EU countries may be affected, it is feared.

Food Minister Guillaume Garot said he wanted to ensure that all contentious products had been removed.

Romania is investigating claims one of its abattoirs is responsible.

[...]
And the kicker.
Romania fears lasting damage to reputation over horsemeat

Dragos Frumosu, the head of Romania's food industry union, told AFP earlier: "I find it hard to believe that a Romanian abattoir could have delivered horsemeat that was labelled beef" because of the controls in place.

The suspect lasagne meals sold by Swedish frozen food giant Findus in Britain were made by French company Comigel using meat supplied by French meat-processing firm Spanghero.

Findus has said it will lodge a legal complaint in France on Monday after evidence allegedly showed that the presence of horsemeat in its supply chain "was not accidental", and its Nordic branch said Sunday it planned to sue Comigel and its suppliers.

Spanghero has in turn threatened to take legal action against its Romanian supplier, although it did not name it.

But Frumosu said it was up to the French importer to verify the quality of the meat it received.

"If it did not make any protest when it received the meat to say that it was horse and not beef, then either it was an accomplice to the Romanian producer or it changed the labels afterwards," Frumosu said.

Sorin Minea, president of the Romalimenta food industry federation, said the meat would have been labelled to show both the country of origin and the specific abattoir it came from.

"The French importer should show these documents. If it doesn't have them, it may indicate that it was bought on the black market or that it wants to hide something," he said.

Minea said Saturday it was impossible to confuse beef and horsemeat, which "has a specific taste, colour and texture".

He added that three major abattoirs in Romania handle horsemeat and export most of it, including to France and Italy, but he was unable to provide figures.

The national statistics office also did not have any relevant numbers at its disposal.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Romania is under-rated. Who else has Raed Arafat?
cultivate a white rose
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:
And the kicker.
Romania fears lasting damage to reputation over horsemeat

. . .

But Frumosu said it was up to the French importer to verify the quality of the meat it received.

"If it did not make any protest when it received the meat to say that it was horse and not beef, then either it was an accomplice to the Romanian producer or it changed the labels afterwards," Frumosu said.

Sorin Minea, president of the Romalimenta food industry federation, said the meat would have been labelled to show both the country of origin and the specific abattoir it came from.

"The French importer should show these documents. If it doesn't have them, it may indicate that it was bought on the black market or that it wants to hide something," he said.

Minea said Saturday it was impossible to confuse beef and horsemeat, which "has a specific taste, colour and texture".

. . .
Well, I rather like basashi - horse sashimi . . .

However, Minea is correct in that it would be difficult to confuse the two.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Horsemeat scandal: France blames processor Spanghero

French meat processing company Spanghero knowingly sold horsemeat labelled as beef, the French government has said.

Spanghero's licence is being suspended while a probe continues, agriculture minister Stephane Le Foll said.

The firm has denied the allegations, saying it only ever dealt in meat it believed to be beef.

A widening scandal over mislabelled horsemeat has affected at least 12 European countries.

In the UK, three people have been arrested on suspicion of fraud in connection with the sale of horsemeat.

Two suspects were detained at a meat processing plant near Aberystwyth in Wales, and a third was arrested at an abattoir in West Yorkshire.
Paper trail

The French government believes that the sale of horsemeat labelled as beef went on for six months and involved around 750 tonnes of meat.

Spanghero imported meat from Romania and sold it on to another company, Comigel, which made frozen ready meals at its factory in Luxembourg.

French consumer affairs minister Benoit Hamon said the meat left Romania clearly and correctly labelled as horse. It was afterwards that it was relabelled as beef.

"From the investigation, it would seem that the first agent or actor in this network who stamped 'beef' on horsemeat from Romania was Spanghero," Mr Hamon said.

There was "no reason to doubt the good faith" of the Romanian abattoir that originally provided the meat, Mr Hamon added.

The investigation says some blame may rest with Comigel, which made the ready meals sold around Europe.

Staff there should have noticed anomalies in the paperwork, and realised from the smell and look of the meat once it was defrosted that it was not beef, Mr Hamon said.

Spanghero has strongly denied wrongdoing.

"Spanghero confirms having placed an order for beef, having been led to believe it received beef, and having sold back what it thought was beef, properly labelled as such, in line with European and French regulations," the company said in a statement.
noddy

Post by noddy »

London: Speciality meat suppliers in Britain have seen a surge in sales of horse burgers, with a scandal over the discovery of horsemeat in beef burgers and ready meals apparently piquing the curiosity of some shoppers.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/horsemea ... z2KvZxHD8n
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

:lol: