Attacks on US diplomats/embassies.

Ibrahim

Re: Attacks on US diplomats/embassies.

Post by Ibrahim »

Marcus wrote:
Uche Americanus wrote:. . You have a tendency to get angry at people who disagree with you and in the process forget that people have a right to free expression. My attempt was to discover if such demonic behavior occured? We saw similar behavior with the CBS news reporter, Logan and again with Gadahfi where he was sodomized with a wooden utensil. This seems to be the modus operandi of the Islamists and terrorists. Rape and sodomize their opponents as a way of demoralizing them. . .
Have you read Kite Runner, Uche? Sodomy is integral to the story.

As for free expression, get used to it. There are some so inflated with their own opinions that any opinion to the contrary is lies, error, racism, yadda, yadda, yadda, ad nauseam. Check the "Ignore" function.

As Hans put it, the problem is not Islam, the problem is individual Muslims . . ;)
Glad Marcus is contributing to the thread in this useful manner.

The fact remains that there is no evidence supporting Uche's claims.
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

XtNu6E7c4vA

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Ringleader behind 'al-Qaeda attack that killed U.S. ambassador was former Guantanamo inmate handed over to Libya by America

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z274JBkawJ
Been busy doing stuff
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:We have yet to see any substantiation of Uche's claims beyond the link to an article citing another Lebanese website. Mainstream news sources contradict these claims. Hate to be a "ruffian," but that's the score so far. Seems like somebody is looking for an excuse to talk about "demonic rapists," but none exists.
Yes but Ibs when you become fully involved in unsubstantiated claims yourself eg the Trayvon Martin affair you sort of lose any ability to criticize others from doing the same thing.
Censorship isn't necessary
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/wat ... a-reporte/

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/09/197694.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Aoun
PICKET: UPDATE - AFP not behind report of purported rape of murdered U.S. ambassador to Libya

Read more: PICKET: UPDATE - AFP not behind report of purported rape of murdered U.S. ambassador to Libya - Washington Times

According to the Lebanese news organization Tayyar.org, citing AFP news sources, U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, who was killed by gunmen that stormed the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on Tuesday, was reportedly raped before being murdered. A google translation of the report says :

UPDATE 2 9/15/12:

The AFP has sent out the following statement:

Greetings, Concerning your query on the report published by a Lebanese website according to which ambassador Stevens was sodomized. That report falsely quoted our news agency and has no truth whatsover to it. AFP promptly sent a strongly worded complaint to that website and they removed the report and published a denial, saying that AFP did not report such a thing.

A news report made by the Libyan Free Press was also reporting that Ambassador Stevens was sodomized before he was killed. Their video was removed.

A U.S. State Department representaive also sent me the following e-mail in regards to my inquiry into the matter:

Kerry, As we discussed, you can find the full briefing on Libya at:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/09/197694.htm. For quick reference, I have pasted the relevant excerpt here:

QUESTION: Can you explain to us whether you know whether Ambassador Stevens was alive when he was removed and taken to the Libyan hospital or not? And secondly, there are suggestions that he died as a result of smoke inhalation. Do you know if that is indeed what was his proximate cause of death?

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Well, thank you, Arshad. Frankly, we are not clear on the circumstances between the time that he got separated from his – from the rest of the group inside the burning building, to the time that we were notified that he was in a Benghazi hospital. And again, we were not able to see him until his body was returned to us at the airport.

You can imagine that we will not be able to say anything about the cause of death until we’ve had a chance to perform an autopsy.

You might also be interested in yesterday’s Daily Press Briefing:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2012/09/197729.htm

We have nothing further to this at this time.

According to the State Department rep, there is currently no time frame as to when the results of Steven's autopsy will be released.

Read more: PICKET: UPDATE - AFP not behind report of purported rape of murdered U.S. ambassador to Libya - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/wat ... z274P78dqD
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Parodite

How to respond to violent mobs who don't like a movie?

Post by Parodite »

Any suggestions?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Hans Bulvai

Re: How to respond to violent mobs who don't like a movie?

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Parodite wrote:Any suggestions?
For?
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
For?
Western countries where individuals can produce videos offensive to people abroad to the point they attack embassy personal etc. Germany and some other countries decided to ban the film.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Parodite wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
For?
Western countries where individuals can produce videos offensive to people abroad to the point they attack embassy personal etc. Germany and some other countries decided to ban the film.
So?
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
For?
So?
Is that the right response? Just looking for opinions.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Anti-Islam film: Pakistan minister offers bounty

A Pakistani government minister has offered a $100,000 (£61,616) reward for the death of the maker of an anti-Islam film produced in the US.

Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour told reporters that he would pay the reward for the "sacred duty" out of his own pocket.

[...]
So again, how to respond to those monkeys?
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Parodite wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
For?
So?
Is that the right response? Just looking for opinions.
Oh, sorry... :oops:

Germany did the right thing and NOT because they gave in. To me they have proven their civility over any other including those burning down their own towns. They win. Much more important than selective free speech.

And by the way, I read about Titanic'smotive in publishing their issue. I for one see nothing against it although I support the idea of not showing the Prophet's face.
I wouldn't want him to turn white one day like Jesus did! ;)

And, there used to be Islamic era paintings with the Prophet's face.

http://local.msn.com/travel/amid-cultur ... amic-art-1
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Parodite wrote:
Anti-Islam film: Pakistan minister offers bounty

A Pakistani government minister has offered a $100,000 (£61,616) reward for the death of the maker of an anti-Islam film produced in the US.

Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour told reporters that he would pay the reward for the "sacred duty" out of his own pocket.

[...]
So again, how to respond to those monkeys?
Call it a bounty.
Just for show. As if a Pakistani government official would part ways with any of his bribes for something like this.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Hans Bulvai wrote:Germany did the right thing and NOT because they gave in. To me they have proven their civility over any other including those burning down their own towns. They win. Much more important than selective free speech.
It seems to me the Germans act not because they try to be civil, they just don't like uncivil unrest. Pragmatism."Ordnung muss sein"
And by the way, I read about Titanic'smotive in publishing their issue. I for one see nothing against it although I support the idea of not showing the Prophet's face.
Matter of time? ;)

Maybe these facts will help... one day.

My thinking re this issue is like kind of being blind to peoples exact motives and simply say that here in the West killing somebody because of an offensive drawing, a cartoon, a bad tastless movie is considered a serious crime; a simple case of premeditated murder that will make you end up in jail for decades. And that this will not change. It seriously doesn't matter if somebody sneaks into the bedroom of somebody else to slice a throat or two does that because s/he is an offended Muslim, a payed hitman, a schizophrenic hearing voices, a son in law who hates that bitch of a mother in law and her stinky husband. You will go to jail for a long time. Maybe the schizophrenic gets a different "punishment" because he can hardly be held accountable for his behavior.

As for a government official of Pakistan offering 60.000 pounds to anyone who kills that movie maker... that would make him for me a target to be brought for an internional court and be tried according the same standards as here. If the Pakistani govt refuses to hand him over to such a court and instead jumps on the same hysterical bandwagon sending warnings and all kinds of explicit and implicit threats to Western countries in which those offensive insults are published by free individuals... well no big deal. Bring home your embassy personel and tell them to go genuflect themselves and the precious arse of their Prophet as well.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Parodite wrote:So again, how to respond to those monkeys?
Call it a bounty.
Just for show. As if a Pakistani government official would part ways with any of his bribes for something like this.
I take those people as serious as I would my own and equal brother. Especially when he starts say such things to show off to his friends, please his employer or as to make sure the mobs won't arrive at his own door step. To allow him to "just show off" means you no more respect him, you actually gave up on him.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2 ... _talk_coll
As for the idea that Islam itself should be understood as an inevitable font of conflict, most of the world’s Muslims live in relatively peaceful Asia. Al Qaeda has all but disappeared east of Burma; it is hard to find much rage in the air-conditioned shopping malls of Jakarta or Kuala Lumpur. As mobile South Asian and Southeast Asian middle classes grow, so do the numbers of English-speaking Muslims seeking to construct modern and hybrid identities that don’t conform to the West’s narrower conceptions.

Hans the peaceful Muslims just don't make it into the news. They aren't newsworthy like the rock throwers, that's all Americans see is rock throwers.
Been busy doing stuff
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

GCXHPKhRCVg
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Parodite wrote:GCXHPKhRCVg

Pat Condell's shift from failed standup comedian to semi-celebrity white supremacist web-ranter is a great example of niche marketing.

To a guy like me it sounds like a bunch of inaccurate and/or hypocritical prattle from somebody's uncle whose had one to many glasses of port at a family dinner, but the would-be Anders Breiviks out there are nodding to every word in steely agreement.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Hoosiernorm wrote:http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2 ... _talk_coll
As for the idea that Islam itself should be understood as an inevitable font of conflict, most of the world’s Muslims live in relatively peaceful Asia. Al Qaeda has all but disappeared east of Burma; it is hard to find much rage in the air-conditioned shopping malls of Jakarta or Kuala Lumpur. As mobile South Asian and Southeast Asian middle classes grow, so do the numbers of English-speaking Muslims seeking to construct modern and hybrid identities that don’t conform to the West’s narrower conceptions.

Hans the peaceful Muslims just don't make it into the news. They aren't newsworthy like the rock throwers, that's all Americans see is rock throwers.
Thank you for posting that.
Peaceful Muslims just don't sell. I mean, where are the US Muslims burning lavender and killing people? Too busy making a living.

But since we are on the subject, here is what people, over there, are really angry at. Not some hoopty-ass film.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 74771.html
More and more, while the overall frequency of strikes has fallen since a Nato attack in 2011 killed 24 Pakistani soldiers and strained US-Pakistan relations, initial strikes are now followed up by further missiles in a tactic which lawyers and campaigners say is killing an even greater number of civilians. The tactic has cast such a shadow of fear over strike zones that rescuers often wait for hours before daring to visit the scene of an attack.

"These strikes are becoming much more common," Mirza Shahzad Akbar, a Pakistani lawyer who represents victims of drone strikes, told The Independent. "In the past it used to be a one-off, every now and then. Now almost every other attack is a double tap. There is no justification for it."

The expansive use of "double-tap" drone strikes is just one of a number of more recent phenomena in the covert war run by the US against violent Islamists that has been documented in a new report by legal experts at Stanford and New York University.

The product of nine months' research and more than 130 interviews, it is one of the most exhaustive attempts by academics to understand – and evaluate – Washington's drone wars. And their verdict is damning.

Throughout the 146-page report, which is released today, the authors condemn drone strikes for their ineffectiveness.

Despite assurances the attacks are "surgical", researchers found barely 2 per cent of their victims are known militants and that the idea that the strikes make the world a safer place for the US is "ambiguous at best."

I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Parodite wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:Germany did the right thing and NOT because they gave in. To me they have proven their civility over any other including those burning down their own towns. They win. Much more important than selective free speech.
It seems to me the Germans act not because they try to be civil, they just don't like uncivil unrest. Pragmatism."Ordnung muss sein"
A government's first priority is to ensure the safety and well being of their people. They calculated that this movie is not worth the trouble. They see no danger to their 'freedom' by choosing not to insult millions of people. Some people define freedom differently than others. That is civil to me and deserves respect.

By the way, what do you think about them banning the Florida preacher from visiting?
Matter of time? ;)
God forbid!

Maybe these facts will help... one day.

My thinking re this issue is like kind of being blind to peoples exact motives and simply say that here in the West killing somebody because of an offensive drawing, a cartoon, a bad tastless movie is considered a serious crime; a simple case of premeditated murder that will make you end up in jail for decades. And that this will not change. It seriously doesn't matter if somebody sneaks into the bedroom of somebody else to slice a throat or two does that because s/he is an offended Muslim, a payed hitman, a schizophrenic hearing voices, a son in law who hates that bitch of a mother in law and her stinky husband. You will go to jail for a long time. Maybe the schizophrenic gets a different "punishment" because he can hardly be held accountable for his behavior.

As for a government official of Pakistan offering 60.000 pounds to anyone who kills that movie maker... that would make him for me a target to be brought for an internional court and be tried according the same standards as here. If the Pakistani govt refuses to hand him over to such a court and instead jumps on the same hysterical bandwagon sending warnings and all kinds of explicit and implicit threats to Western countries in which those offensive insults are published by free individuals... well no big deal. Bring home your embassy personel and tell them to go genuflect themselves and the precious arse of their Prophet as well.
Would you apply the same standards to Western govt. officials who offer bounties, by the million, on the heads of suspected terrorists who don't even get a trial when they are blown to bits?
Besides, the government of Pakistan distanced itself from that guy.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote: Pat Condell's shift from failed standup comedian to semi-celebrity white supremacist web-ranter is a great example of niche marketing.

To a guy like me it sounds like a bunch of inaccurate and/or hypocritical prattle from somebody's uncle whose had one to many glasses of port at a family dinner, but the would-be Anders Breiviks out there are nodding to every word in steely agreement.
IOW you couldn't dispute any of it.

I notice also OBL would disagree with very little of your comment on ME matters.
Censorship isn't necessary
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2 ... _talk_coll

Thank you for posting that.
Peaceful Muslims just don't sell. I mean, where are the US Muslims burning lavender and killing people? Too busy making a living.
When they aren't working they are usually at the soccer field watching their kids.
Been busy doing stuff
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Hans Bulvai wrote:But since we are on the subject, here is what people, over there, are really angry at. Not some hoopty-ass film.

It's still cheaper and involves a smaller diplomatic footprint to continue drone strikes. Drones are the future of warfare and everyone knows it.
Been busy doing stuff
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:But since we are on the subject, here is what people, over there, are really angry at. Not some hoopty-ass film.

It's still cheaper and involves a smaller diplomatic footprint to continue drone strikes. Drones are the future of warfare and everyone knows it.
Probably. The future of colonial warfare anyway. Their use doesn't achieve any strategic objectives, kills civilians, makes the US look weak and cowardly, and poisons relations with other countries, but they do make General Atomics a ton of money.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:

Probably. The future of colonial warfare anyway. Their use doesn't achieve any strategic objectives, kills civilians, makes the US look weak and cowardly, and poisons relations with other countries, but they do make General Atomics a ton of money.
Do they increase or decrease the drone sorties during the winter months? I know that they scale back operations during the winter but a drone doesn't have the limitations of a soldier.
Been busy doing stuff