Turkey

Typhoon

Re: Turkey

Post by Typhoon »

ZH | Turkey's Chief Statistician Quits For "Health Reasons" After Inflation Hits 70%

Or 157% depending on whom one asks.
While TurkStat reported an annual inflation of 70% in April, ENAGroup, an independent group of scholars who’ve put together an alternative consumer price index, put the figure at as high as 157%.
The government is meanwhile seeking to pass legislation that would bar independent researchers from publishing their own data without seeking approval from TurkStat and potentially face a jail term if they violate the law. That should answer any questions whether the government or the shadow stat inflation data is the correct one.
Is this how inflation data works?
That's nobodys' business but the Turks.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

USGS | Turkey earthquake map

Major earthquake - magnitude 7.8 Richter scale.

Massive damage and loss of life.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://twitter.com/search?q=Ataturk%20 ... yped_query

the dam having cracks in it is the latest bit of twitter gossip.

not good.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

noddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:01 am https://twitter.com/search?q=Ataturk%20 ... yped_query

the dam having cracks in it is the latest bit of twitter gossip.

not good.

Yes, the Atta Turk dam is cracked in multiple places .. high probability of braking, specially of aftershock persists
noddy

Post by noddy »

mind blown.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:18 am The Spectator UK | Erdogan is desperate

Interesting is, Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, Erdogan's opponent, the guy who could win the election, is Iranian (decent)

He said on TV, I am an Iranian .. We are from Khorasan, Iran .. my grandfather, moved to Turkey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemal_K%C ... ro%C4%9Flu

My grandfather's tomb is in Akşehir, should I ignore it now? Go investigate. My ancestor is Seyit Mahmud Hayrani.

We are members of a Turkmen tribe that came from Khorasan.

They came from Khorasan and settled in Akşehir in Konya.

Then, when the war between Yavuz Sultan Selim and Shah Ismail took place, they migrated to Dersim. They come from the Turkmen tribe. They are not Kurds. But I'm not a person interested in ethnic groups.[67]

During the 1950s, his father changed their family name from Karabulut to Kılıçdaroğlu, since all the people in the village they lived in had the same family name.[68]

Some journalists have denoted his Alevi identity,[69][64] however Kılıçdaroğlu did not make a statement about his religious beliefs for a long time. In July 2011, he said:

I always refused to do politics upon ethnic identities and religion. I am an Alevi. Since when is it a crime to be Alevi in this country?[70]

He is Alevi Shia , very close to Iranian Shia .. both are 12 Imam and the rest

https://www.refworld.org/docid/42df61b320.html

Alevis in Central Anatolia base their beliefs on 12er Shi'ism.

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18805/TU
Heracleum Persicum

In a televised speech, council chief Ahmet Yener said Erdogan had received 49.49% of the vote, while his main challenger, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, received 44.79%.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:24 am .

In a televised speech, council chief Ahmet Yener said Erdogan had received 49.49% of the vote, while his main challenger, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, received 44.79%.
Round 2 runoff?
Heracleum Persicum

80% probability Erdogan will win

West, openly, wants Erdogan to lose .. that main reason Erdogan will win

This election is perceived in Turkey (and worldwide) as a "referendum" for Turkey's foreign policy direction , East or West ?

Turks now voting, deciding, whether Turkey should continue turning east (like Iran and Arabs did) .. or .. abandon East and turn West again

Turks are pissed off with Western policy in Syria leading to millions of Syrian refugee into Turkey and EU policy towards Turkey and European attitude towards Turks.

That is why they overwhelmingly will reelect Erdogan.

My prediction is Erdogan will win with 55% or higher vote

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Statista | The Key Issues Turks Want Their Next President To Address

30005.jpeg
30005.jpeg (503.23 KiB) Viewed 2135 times

"Should Erdogan get the works.
Well, that's nobodies business but Turks."
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:50 pm .

80% probability Erdogan will win

West, openly, wants Erdogan to lose .. that main reason Erdogan will win

This election is perceived in Turkey (and worldwide) as a "referendum" for Turkey's foreign policy direction , East or West ?

Turks now voting, deciding, whether Turkey should continue turning east (like Iran and Arabs did) .. or .. abandon East and turn West again

Turks are pissed off with Western policy in Syria leading to millions of Syrian refugee into Turkey and EU policy towards Turkey and European attitude towards Turks.

That is why they overwhelmingly will reelect Erdogan.

My prediction is Erdogan will win with 55% or higher vote

Erdogan wins with 53% of the vote