The U.K.

Ibrahim

Re: The U.K.

Post by Ibrahim »

Colonel Sun wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:True. Age will do it to us all.

Including this guy. He looks terrible. However, you don't seem to be able to rebut anything they say.

. . .
Rebuttals are always more interesting that slurs.

That's "debate" in the 21st century. Some random guy makes 200 videos calling a fifth of the world's population irredeemable violent savages and you're supposed to parse it all and make thoughtful rebuttals. Debate the neo-nazis, debate ISIS. Debate people who don't share any of the same fundamental moral precepts you do.

There's no way to do it, because none of it is rational.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Meanwhile, Patreon has been doing a serious buff up on Carl Benjamin, aka. Sargon of Akkad, essentially because he said a...... bad word....:0......:

sEoYpHY69WI

The follow up is Patreon getting it handed right back at them:

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/ ... gon-akkad/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote: . . .

I think I preferred British heroes back when they were mutton-chopped and pith-helmeted genocidaires. These whining racist trolls and their "free speech" grift is harder to respect.

. . .
Unlike like the rest of the planet's genocidaires, the "mutton-chopped and pith-helmeted genocidaires" were key in building the civilization,
with its scientific, technological, and cultural advances, that we enjoy today.

While the rest of the world can learn how to fly an airplane, only the West and E Asia can build one.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Colonel Sun wrote:

I think I preferred British heroes back when they were mutton-chopped and pith-helmeted genocidaires. These whining racist trolls and their "free speech" grift is harder to respect.

. . .
Unlike like the rest of the planet's genocidaires, the "mutton-chopped and pith-helmeted genocidaires" were key in building the civilization,

While the rest of the world can learn how to fly an airplane, only the West and E Asia can build one.

I guess some groups of people are just naturally better than others. Are there any youtube videos that talk about this topic at great length?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

There is a short series of these by a history professor on the run-up to WWI. Not what I was taught in school. Seems reasonably well sourced. Covers Cecil Rhodes, Balfour, Boer War etc.

tclAbWvBt70
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:There is a short series of these by a history professor on the run-up to WWI. Not what I was taught in school. Seems reasonably well sourced. Covers Cecil Rhodes, Balfour, Boer War etc.
Predictably, it covers a lot of carefully selected things BUT the run-up to war June 28th to August 1st.

If the sequence of events that actually led to war was covered, that would destroy good "professor" Corbett's theories. We can't allow that, can we :) ?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Ibrahim wrote:

I guess some groups of people are just naturally better than others. Are there any youtube videos that talk about this topic at great length?
Hercleum Persicum waxed eloquently about the superiority of Persian culture for years on this site.

Oddly enough, he did so from his domicile in Vancouver, Canada.

I took that as an indicator, and mentally filed all his posts in the "actions speak louder than words" category.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:
Colonel Sun wrote:

. . .

A few:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtiT7nu3NzU

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5o8i89

Rather, some cultures have contributed more to civilization than others.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Colonel Sun wrote: Rather, some cultures have contributed more to civilization than others.

Sounds like those cultures doing all the heavy lifting deserve a pass on anything disagreeable they might have done at the same time they were doing all of that valuable inventing. Maybe if you belong to a second-rate culture your life might not be worth quite as much, or at least it has to be weighed against the greater benefit of human civilization.

Thanks for the links.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Simple Minded wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

Hercleum Persicum waxed eloquently about the superiority of Persian culture for years on this site.

I took that as an indicator, and mentally filed all his posts in the "actions speak louder than words" category.
He was an odd fellow. I don't see him around, was be banned?

HP might have been over the top in his cultural chauvinism, but philosophically I don't see a conflict in arguing that Persian civilization was one of the greatest in history, but that it might presently be better to live in Vancouver than Fars.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

HP just vanished around the time Trump was elected.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Ibrahim wrote:[

HP might have been over the top in his cultural chauvinism, but philosophically I don't see a conflict in arguing that Persian civilization was one of the greatest in history, but that it might presently be better to live in Vancouver than Fars.
HP was fun. Like all group identity adherents, he generated some great banter. Take away the group identity religions, and it all gets back to Joe says X, Fred says Y. Since both Joe and Fred are insignificant in the big picture, meh. I speak for group ? is a easy way to feel less impotent.

Difference of opinion is always fun, but IMSMO, the splitting of hairs when it comes to determining the definition of words is a lot more amusing.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

He was advanced in years and may have gone the way of all flesh.
Censorship isn't necessary
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:He was advanced in years and may have gone the way of all flesh.
I hope not. Poor God. All day in heaven: "This place is nice, but let me tell you about Iran . . ."

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:
Colonel Sun wrote: Rather, some cultures have contributed more to civilization than others.

Sounds like those cultures doing all the heavy lifting deserve a pass on anything disagreeable they might have done at the same time they were doing all of that valuable inventing. Maybe if you belong to a second-rate culture your life might not be worth quite as much, or at least it has to be weighed against the greater benefit of human civilization.
Your inference, not mine.

All civilizations, nations, societies have committed atrocities at some point in the past.
However, as far as I am aware, only in the West today do some people insist on self-flagellation over events that occurred long before they were born.
Ibrahim wrote: Thanks for the links.
You're welcome.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

HP was not banned.

Only two individuals have been banned in the history of this forum:
one was a one-note Johnny with regards to Muslims, the other was some nutter who was rude, tried to expose member's identities, and to hack the forum.
noddy

Post by noddy »

there is a lot of smack talked about anti semitism and racism in the west but in the real world the west is the only place that allows large scale immigration and has viable populations of happy jews, so that means its all bullshit until someone else proves different.

white mans burden is a funny thing, folks lose their lavender if whites carry on like chinese or africans

azari was cool, rabid persian supremacist, he had the cutest way of splitting history so any time iran/persia was being dodgy, that was because the arab muslims dunnit.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
white mans burden is a funny thing, folks lose their lavender if whites carry on like chinese or africans

azari was cool, rabid persian supremacist, he had the cutest way of splitting history so any time iran/persia was being dodgy, that was because the arab muslims dunnit.
Good summary. Best part of belonging to "we" is you're not one of them. Take away "them," and relative superiority vanishes. Then you ain't shite again. "We" need "them," or our group identity self-esteem goes to hell in a hand basket.

On the flip side of the coin, having an oppressor, makes one feel justified in being a f**kup. "Oppression" is like a soothing tonic.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:He was advanced in years and may have gone the way of all flesh.
I hope not. Poor God. All day in heaven: "This place is nice, but let me tell you about Iran . . ."
:lol:

I can see it now. After several thousand years:
God: "I have f**king had it with you constantly bragging about how Iran is better than Heaven. I'm sending you home!"
HP: "OK. You know I'm from Vancouver, Canada, right?"
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
:lol:

I can see it now. After several thousand years:
God: "I have f**king had it with you constantly bragging about how Iran is better than Heaven. I'm sending you home!"
HP: "OK. You know I'm from Vancouver, Canada, right?"
:lol: to you both.

Hope that HP is well.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Colonel Sun wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

Your inference, not mine.

All civilizations, nations, societies have committed atrocities at some point in the past.
However, as far as I am aware, only in the West today do some people insist on self-flagellation over events that occurred long before they were born.
Ibrahim wrote: Thanks for the links.
You're welcome.

I don't see a conflict between acknowledging the contributions of a culture while also pointing out the atrocities. The specific conflict in which this begun was my reference to some UK vloggers who seem to rather enjoy the atrocities as well, hence the comparison to colonial redcoats.

It also stands to reason that if an individual is going to be proud of cultural accomplishments from before they were born, they must also admit to the atrocities that took place before they were born. Its logically consistent.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Simple Minded wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:HP might have been over the top in his cultural chauvinism, but philosophically I don't see a conflict in arguing that Persian civilization was one of the greatest in history, but that it might presently be better to live in Vancouver than Fars.
HP was fun. Like all group identity adherents, he generated some great banter. Take away the group identity religions, and it all gets back to Joe says X, Fred says Y. Since both Joe and Fred are insignificant in the big picture, meh. I speak for group ? is a easy way to feel less impotent.

Difference of opinion is always fun, but IMSMO, the splitting of hairs when it comes to determining the definition of words is a lot more amusing.

He certainly added diversity opinion. I've never met such a tireless advocate for Iranian superiority who wasn't also some sort of Shia fanatic.

He was (is?) just a huge fan of his cultural background.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Seconding the well wishes for HP...

...one thing lost in translation is the language barrier. English was HP's third or fourth language; sometimes I think the disconnect was due to that.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Bad news for one of the UK vloggers in defense of Western Civilzation.
The account of British conspiracy theorist YouTuber Carl Benjamin, better known as Sargon of Akkad, was removed Thursday. This followed the removal in August of U.S. far-right political commentator James Allsup.

The ban will be a particular blow for Benjamin, who was earning more than $12,000 a month from the crowdfunding site. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/qvq ... ht-figures
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Spiked | Democracy in the UK is hanging by a thread

Something deeply disturbing will happen in parliament today. Theresa May will put forward her Brexit deal that flat-out fails to deliver Brexit. More than 17million of us voted to take back control from Brussels and yet May’s deal cedes control to Brussels. If the so-called backstop is ever activated, it would keep us entangled in some of the very EU institutions we voted to leave. Even worse, it would deny us the right to walk away from these new arrangements without the EU’s say-so. May’s dodgy deal would reduce the UK to a vassal state, a bossed-about colonial outpost of the Brussels oligarchy. The people voted for Leave and yet May offers us Remain-by-another-name: a ‘Brexit deal’ that sells out Brexit. For a prime minister so wilfully to ignore the cry of her people is a sucker-punch to the most basic principles of democracy.

But it gets worse. The MPs who plan to revolt against May’s deal in the Commons today will not do so in order to protect Brexit. They are not taking a stand against May’s deal to defend what 17.4million of us – the largest electoral bloc in British history – voted for in June 2016: a clean exit from the EU. No, they see taking down May’s deal as a first step to taking down Brexit itself. Whether it’s Europhile Tories or Labour, SNP and Lib Dem MPs who have long loathed the idea of Brexit, an army of parliamentarians plans to knock down May’s deal so that they can set about knocking down Brexit.

[...]
Deep down I'm very superficial