The U.K.

Mr. Perfect

Re: The U.K.

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Keep in mind azari you carrying water for Greenspan, Rubin, Jewish bankers. You switched sides.

This was Brit Joe, saying he had it. You on Zionist team now.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
...Northern Ireland back to Republic of Ireland (leaving England) ...

Northern Ireland, despite Martin McGuiness's huffing and puffing, won't be going anywhere. There isn't a sliver of a chance. The vote in NI split along the usual Catholic/Protestant zones, and the electorate is highly pilliarized so no politician has enough support to drag the north into the republic.
My guess is, the Queens will say, people now know much more of the facts of exit, therefore a 2nd referendum justified

That probably the plan.

When has Elizabeth been so bold?

Last I read in the tabloids, the Queen was in favor of 'Leave'. But let's say we take that with a huge grain of salt- the Sun first reported it after all- the Queen would not use her standing to involve herself as it ultimately would be a waste of any political capital she possesses and opens up the monarchy to political vulnerabilities if anything went askew. Whether they are in or out, she (and her family) still get to be royalty. That has been her number one issue since the whole Diana thing; securing her family position and the monarchy from any calls of dissolution while making the Windsors unhappiness-proof. As Brexit has zero effect on her and not a soul would be blaming her for it (even if the whole of the Isles sank economically, ) why get involved now?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The EU was poorly conceived and destined to fail from the beginning. The Brexit referendum is just the beginning of its death throes. Trying to predict exactly how it will thrash about before it dies an ugly death seems pointless.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Torchwood wrote:What a disaster, Little England (and Wales). First time I have been ashamed to be British. It is old people to blame, clear Remain majority in the under 50s.

This will embolden Trump and Le Pen in France, as well as UKIP in UK. Welcome to Fascism mark 2.
If I remember correctly, in the past you favored UKIP... what changed your mind? You sound different lately ;)
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The NYT in the grip of total hysteria:

Britain Rattles Postwar Order and Its Place as Pillar of Stability

And it is popping up everywhere. It is not just blaming Brexit for financial consequences (initial losses with a good chance of full recovery in only a few years time)... it is a total disconnect from reality! That can become much more costly. Volatile/hysteric markets have trouble enough sitting out daily mood swings and recapture a sound average... but mass hysteria this wide spread and probably long term needs a very expensive doctor to cure.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:NOW it is time for the serious negotiations. What do YOU PEOPLE REALLY want to do?

And EXACTLY what do you mean by LEAVE THE EU?
The answer:
We've heard from everyone in the peanut gallery but what's your take? What's the word on the street in Roumania?

edit: I'm callin' it the peanut gallery here but it's looking like the board, pace Torchwood, leans towards pro-Brexit...but half of us don't have to live with it directly. Heck, I get the feelin' Alexis and Parodite already have their bags packed.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

We are waiting on proposals for Texit and Goodbyeii referendums to pop up. Something closer to home.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:The NYT in the grip of total hysteria:

Britain Rattles Postwar Order and Its Place as Pillar of Stability

And it is popping up everywhere. It is not just blaming Brexit for financial consequences (initial losses with a good chance of full recovery in only a few years time)... it is a total disconnect from reality! That can become much more costly. Volatile/hysteric markets have trouble enough sitting out daily mood swings and recapture a sound average... but mass hysteria this wide spread and probably long term needs a very expensive doctor to cure.
That, IMSMO, is the most fascinating aspect of humanity. Events themselves are never as interesting, nor as revealing as how they are marketed, or the interpretation the observer chooses or the majority of observers choose.

Optimistic mood: EU good, pessimistic mood: EU bad. "Everyone" "knows" the dominate mood is the correct one (and the minority views should not be considered).... right up until the mood changes..... and then it is not.

As the old saying goes, everyone is right about the trend, but wrong at both ends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

My under informed opinion is that the EU needs the UK (and the City of London) far more than the UK needs the EU.

If anyone can help me flesh out this perception with some facts I would appreciate it.

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

As Typhoon has reminded us many times: some things are hard to predict especially the future. Now that most likely indeed the UK leaves the EU, all predictions from certain doom to hallelujah scenarios will be put to the test the coming years.

The primary goal of this Brexit was to secure British democracy and sovereignty; take back controls, restore the possibility to vote in/out people who decide over your country. I think the loss of democracy within the EU is factual and not just perception. The EU as a growing bureaucratic dictatorship is real and something to be really worried about. The Euro as a currency by nature pushes for more centralized fiscal policies from Brussels, with banks as the willing executioners and henchmen who love more national dept of member states - for as long as they can continue gambling for gains and can socialize their losses to taxpayers wherever-they-are. These are also facts. The combination EU+Euro is therefor destructive in sum-total. A bombshell me'd day.

My guesstimate is that a Brexit (without an overdose of longterm hysteria) is better for the UK but also for the EU. It puts pressure on the EU to "reform" its bureaucratic tendencies and is a wake-up call for remaining member states to not to let the EU erode their national democracies. This can only be good news.

I don't think it is possible to predict future losses and gains in pure economic terms; there is more going on than a Brexit in the world. Just the fact that there analysts who are much less hysterical and even positive should be enough to relax.

Just a quick read, but it sounds rational and probably not far from the reality to be expected in the future:

https://woodfordfunds.com/economic-impa ... it-report/
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Liberals love Democracy until it goes against them, then lookout.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is most excellent Ymix! Sounds like a musical.

"To remain in Romanian is better than in Spain"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Liberalism; failing to deliver since Woodrow Wilson.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The real solution is to screw all the nationalistic crap, and make it a personal choice whether each individual joins the EU or not.

Make joining or leaving the EU as easy for each of it's members as it is to join a health club or a Sam's club.

When the time is right, present your membership card and reap the benefits or pay the dues.

Hell, I might even join just to gain the status of appearing sophisticated and intellectual.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The EU is ultimately xenophobic, Japan is not on the list, and it supporters pseudointellectuals at best.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Alright, I am willing to help my Yurp cousins who are less adept at problem solving.

First realization, some EU members are more equal than other EU members. If you are willing to join,you must accept this aspect of reality.

Based on dues, and individual capabilities, there will be several levels of EU membership, benefits will be in accordance with status, and the membership cards will be color coded.

Platinum - Elites
Gold - Germans
Silver - French, Austrians
Bronze - Portugal, Spain
Lead - Greece
Coal - Romanians

I hope this helps.....
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:Alright, I am willing to help my Yurp cousins who are less adept at problem solving.

First realization, some EU members are more equal than other EU members. If you are willing to join,you must accept this aspect of reality.

Based on dues, and individual capabilities, there will be several levels of EU membership, benefits will be in accordance with status, and the membership cards will be color coded.

Platinum - Elites
Gold - Germans
Silver - French, Austrians
Bronze - Portugal, Spain
Lead - Greece
Coal - Romanians

I hope this helps.....
Why not model it on Obamacare? When someone needs it they get it on demand.

For example: You are German and you have just lost a long and disastrous war against Russia the US England and France. So now you are stuck in a ruined country under occupation. But wait !! You really aren't German after all you belong to the EU and you suddenly realize you are nationally fluid and you are actually French!! And you didn't start the war the damn Germans did !!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The EU got teabagged.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of EU.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of EU.
:lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

English and Welsh tea.
brexitdem.jpg
brexitdem.jpg (52.91 KiB) Viewed 1101 times