The U.K.

Simple Minded

Re: The U.K.

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:46 am
'You still here?' EU asks Britain

THE EU has been puzzled to find the UK still yapping around its heels months after it had supposedly left for good.

The trading bloc was relieved when its most troublesome member left to take control of its own affairs, but has since found Britain wants to stick around to have arguments about vaccines and paperwork.

EU politician Michel Barnier said: “We thought we were done with the UK. We thought, okay, strange decision, but it’s up to you. Good luck selling cheese to Singapore.

“But now Britain wants to hang around the EU endlessly, like those kids who leave school at 16 and then turn up outside the gates every afternoon on a shitty little scooter.

“You’ve left now. We explained this to your negotiators, very carefully and slowly in the only language you understand. We even used drawings and, during one session with David Davis, sock puppets.

“A common analogy is someone who’s cancelled their gym membership and still wants to use the facilities. But you’re like someone who wants to take a running machine home and lavender in the jacuzzi.

“It’s all been a massive, pointless hassle. But no other countries are thinking of leaving now. And, most importantly, we don’t have to watch those prancing UKIP twats in the European Parliament.

“So overall, thanks.”
Yurps! they're all like that!

Lesson from history: "Once Yurapeon, always Yurapeon!"
YMix

Post by YMix »

Spanish police and immigration officials expect to deport around 500 UK citizens within weeks with targets already earmarked to be picked up and sent home for not having the correct paperwork to remain. Authorities have previously turned a blind-eye to Brits not legally registered in Spain but under Brexit rules they have to be out of the country by March 31 when they will be deemed as illegal immigrants as their 90-day legal stay comes to an end.

A small exodus began last week as expats - including some whose applications for residency have been rejected - started to head back to Britain to beat Wednesday's deadline.

Anthony Cook, who has lived in Spain for seven years, told Global247news: “The Spanish dream is over for me, it’s time to go back to Cardiff.

"It’s been a blast but the new regulations have made it impossible to stay.

"The freedom of movement has gone and I don’t want to end up getting deported and fined.”

Fellow returning expat Shaun Cromber voted Leave but said he did not believe Brexit would end his Spanish lifestyle.

He said: "Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this.

"My application has been rejected and we are on our way home – my wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK.

“I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after five years can’t believe it has come to this.

"We applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... is-johnson

I like that Shaun guy. He's been in Spain for five years, meaning he moved there in 2016, either shortly before or after he voted to leave. :|
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:19 pmYurps! they're all like that!

Lesson from history: "Once Yurapeon, always Yurapeon!"
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Spiked | The working-class revolt against the Labour Party

The working classes has no use for the woking classes.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

YMix

Post by YMix »

As the consequences of their actions begin to dawn on Leave-supporting papers - “Britain’s vegetables are rotting in the fields; soon imports will fill the shelves instead,” reported the Sunday Times, while the Telegraph told readers “Food isn't reaching shops as lack of drivers hits supply chain” - the same is true of the few celebrities who backed quitting the EU.

“I’m like the turkey who voted for Christmas,” admitted Alex Polizzi, TV’s Hotel Inspector, who has been unable to find staff for her own hotel in East Sussex and is consequently having to work round the clock taking food orders, serving drinks and doing the housekeeping.

“Brexit has caused us enormous problems with recruitment,” she told the i newspaper. “We had forgotten how much we relied on these enthusiastic young professionals from hospitality schools across Europe.”

It’s a far cry from the halcyon pre-referendum times when all Alex had to serve up were glib one-liners like, “The European Union reminds me of an overpriced, badly run hotel.” A room at her new place costs from £190 per night.

From an ironing maiden to Iron Maiden, with the heavy metal band’s vocalist Bruce Dickinson appearing on Sky News to bemoan the costly visas and permits now required if British bands want to tour in the EU. Dickinson, who in 2016 had declared, “Brexit actually opens our borders… (it) will not change the status of the UK by very much”, now regrets the decision to bring his sector to the slaughter, said: “Don’t get me started on the Government’s attitude to the entertainment industry.

“It’s very well known that I voted for Brexit. But you know the idea is after you’ve done it you then go in and be sensible about the relationship you have with people. So at the moment all this guff about not being able to play in Europe, and the Europeans not being able to play over here and work permits and all the rest of the rubbish – come on! You know, get your act together.”
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit ... ge-8118650
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Well, the Brits seem to be bearing these disasters, pardon me, inconveniences with their usual stiff upper lip.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Who let the Wogs out?

The Spectator | What did the Romans ever do for us? [possibly pay-walled]
The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is planning to install a statue of John Chilembwe in Trafalgar Square. Mr Chilembwe was a Malawian Baptist famous for, among other things, leading an uprising where the head of a Scottish farmer was chopped off and put on a pole. He is much revered in his home country for all this and his face has appeared on banknotes. In truth, Mr Chilembwe didn’t incite the murder of many people, in the great scheme of things. If the mayor is searching for a murderer who did punch his weight, he could do worse than hoist up a statue of Francisco Macías Nguema, the former dictator of Equatorial Guinea. I do not have the exact figures of how many people he murdered, but it is impossible not to be impressed by his ambition to have everybody who wore spectacles killed. I think Francisco would look splendid standing next to Horatio Nelson.

This plague of self-flagellating obeisances, which has ripped through many of our institutions since the Black Lives Matter business last year, has now afflicted the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). Like a lot of other colleges, it has decided that it is time to ‘decolonise’ its curriculum and indeed its staff and students. The subjects taught will be re-worked so as to avoid racism. Staff have been told that if they are white, cis and heterosexual, they must accept that they are privileged and there’s an end to it. Making people feel bad about the race they were born into seems to me the very essence of racism, but there we are. Eight posts have been created for people who will be enjoined to discover racism in the nooks and crannies of the LSHTM and stamp on it with a vengeance. Eight posts! If you ever wonder what the great growth industry in Britain might be right now, look no further.

More specifically, staff will be told that they must avoid at all costs perpetuating the ‘white saviour myth’. The big problem here is that the white saviour myth is not a myth but a clear and incontestable reality — and there is no institution on Earth which better demonstrates that fact than the LSHTM. If you look at the list of the top 20 ways in which Africans die, other than at the hands of other Africans, you will largely find a list of ailments for which white people have found effective cures, palliatives or vaccines.

For example, a vaccine for yellow fever was discovered by the Nobel prize-winning South African/American virologist Max Theiler. The identification of malaria and the long list of treatments developed to combat the disease involves white people from a formidable array of countries, but especially France. It was Pierre Joseph Pelletier and Joseph Caventou who first started treating patients with quinine back in 1820, and Alphonse Laveran who discovered the malaria parasite in 1880. The most effective treatment, chloroquine, was invented by the German Hans Andersag at Bayer IG in 1934. Sleeping sickness or trypanosomiasis? A Brit, David Bruce, discovered the causative agent and the vector, the Tsetse fly, and a Swiss bloke, Ernst Friedheim, the best cure for late-stage patients, melarsoprol.

An ebola vaccine was created, against all the odds, by researchers largely from Winnipeg in Canada (and was at first shunned by the idiots in the World Health Organisation). Aids continues to wreak destruction in Africa south of the equator, and while some African heads of state were denying a link between HIV and Aids, or denying the disease existed at all, as victims were forced to recourse to the local witch doctor, the American group (with German roots) Merck, Sharp and Dohme were busy discovering the retroviral drugs which now make the condition not merely survivable, but liveable with in some comparative comfort.

None of this, none of it, should need to be said. It is so patently obvious. Not least the stuff about ebola, because the disease was discovered in 1976 by a Belgian bloke called Peter Piot — who is now the director of the LSHTM. It may be unfortunate and politically uncomfortable that just about every single medical advance made in the past 300 years has been by white people, but it is nonetheless true. For sure, colonialism helped to facilitate, both directly and indirectly, whitey’s ability to create large pharmaceutical companies and universities which provided the forum for research. (The various African empires somehow did not have quite the same result.) But there is no doubt that in the area of medicine (and in many others too), whitey was and still is a saviour, and it is therefore no myth.

Trouble is, this runs counter to the current liberal thesis — comprised as ever of non-sequiturs and flagrant denials of observable reality — that everything the white man has done in relation to Africa is entirely malign and that white supremacy and capitalism are to blame for pretty much all the evils of the world. And yet it is capitalism which enabled those drugs and treatments mentioned above to be developed on a mass scale, so that impoverished Africans might benefit from them. And it is capitalism which has lifted so many billions of people out of poverty.

Liberals will also wave a bit of cultural relativism in your face, insisting that there is nothing in white culture which makes it inherently superior to indigenous African culture. Nothing — except for a means to stop people dying in their millions from preventable illnesses. Oh, and education and democracy, the rule of law, female emancipation etc ad infinitum. Yes, we are back with: what did the Romans ever do for us? Racism is foul. But what the LSHTM and others are doing is not its antithesis. It is a delusion and just more of the same.

Written by
Rod Liddle

Rod Liddle is associate editor of The Spectator.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

in summary:
uvPbj9NX0zc
YMix

Post by YMix »

YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc

Post by Doc »

https://nypost.com/2021/11/15/uk-taxi-d ... tal-blast/
Hero taxi driver locks terror suspect in car before blast outside Liverpool hospital
By Emily Crane
November 15, 2021 8:24am Updated

A British taxi driver is being hailed as a hero after he locked a suspected terrorist in his car just seconds before a bomb exploded outside a Liverpool hospital.

The male suspect was the only person killed after his improvised explosive device detonated inside driver David Perry’s taxi outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital on Sunday, authorities said.

British police said Monday they were treating the blast as terrorist incident.

Surveillance footage obtained by the Sun showed Perry’s taxi pulling up outside the hospital’s entrance after he picked up the suspect about 10 minutes away.

The bomb exploded before the car had even come to a complete stop.

Seconds later, Perry can be seen fleeing from the driver’s door as smoke and flames billowed from the vehicle.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

For 2021, national tourist board Visit Britain has forecast that visitor numbers will be lower even than in 2020, when travel restrictions were at their highest.

Visitor numbers to the UK plummeted from 40.9 million in 2019 to 11.1 million in 2020 -- a dip of 73%.

But 2021 seems to have gone even worse for the UK's inbound tourism sector, with just 7.4 million visitors predicted to visit before the year is out -- down 82% on 2019.

And although all destinations, of course, have been devastated by the pandemic, the UK's figures show that travelers aren't bouncing back as they are in nearby countries, which have seen visitor numbers swell as they loosened restrictions.

Neighbor France, for instance, saw a 34.9% growth of tourists in 2021 from 2020, bringing in an extra $43 billion to the economy; while flights to summer hotspots Spain and Turkey have recovered to 64% and 74% of their 2019 figures, even for flights this winter.

Greece was almost back to pre-pandemic levels over the summer, with 86% of the arrivals of July and August 2019, according to aviation data analysts Forward Keys. The UK, in turn, managed just 14.3% of 2019 levels, according to its data.

Industry insiders describe the UK's situation as a perfect storm: rocketing Covid rates while European neighbors were stabilizing; inconsistent travel rules; and the effects of Brexit, which are finally being felt, both within the UK and by those wishing to travel there.

Add in relatively low government spending on a tourism recovery plan, as other countries go all out to court visitors, and you're left with plummeting numbers.
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:41 pm
And no one has robbed these trains? They have no idea how fortunate they are:

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

YMix wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:41 pm
my country has that internally, just because of covid protocols, some of the comments on the twatter suggest simmilar.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

noddy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:06 ammy country has that internally, just because of covid protocols, some of the comments on the twatter suggest simmilar.
Interesting. We don't have that.
noddy

Post by noddy »

YMix wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:18 pm
noddy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:06 ammy country has that internally, just because of covid protocols, some of the comments on the twatter suggest simmilar.
thats because Romania is a right wing libertartian country, taking its covid the natural way. :P
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

noddy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:43 amthats because Romania is a right wing libertartian country, taking its covid the natural way. :P
Or a god-fearing Krishchan country, dealing with COVID the way god intended.

Incidentally, a monk from Piatra Neamt who said the vaccinated would grow scales and turn into zombies has been admitted to hospital with COVID. Since he's been given Remdesivir, he'll be talking to Bill Gates soon.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:18 pm
Does your country have trains at all
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWjBteUVtI

:lol: Argentina, am sure, nuclear soon

Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:44 pm
noddy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:43 amthats because Romania is a right wing libertartian country, taking its covid the natural way. :P
Or a god-fearing Krishchan country, dealing with COVID the way god intended.

Incidentally, a monk from Piatra Neamt who said the vaccinated would grow scales and turn into zombies has been admitted to hospital with COVID. Since he's been given Remdesivir, he'll be talking to Bill Gates soon.
Do they still give people Remdesivir?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

M. Hutchinson | Fool, Britannia!
For a country where previously sound policies had produced the Industrial Revolution, Britain has developed a remarkable propensity to shoot itself in the foot economically, providing a Shakespearean low comedy to disinterested observers but condemning its people to increasing impoverishment. Alas, there is little sign that this behavior is about to change.