Report: Navy SEAL kills Osama bin Laden, loses health care

Doc

Post by Doc »

The house from the May 2011 Bin Laden raid is pictured. | AP Photo

The SEAL Team Six shooter shared gripping new details about the May 2011 Bin Laden raid. | AP Photo
By KEVIN CIRILLI | 2/11/13 9:02 AM EST

The man who shot and killed Osama bin Laden says that the military essentially told him to go “f—- yourself” after he left the service and inquired about continuing health care coverage.

The SEAL Team Six shooter — who is not named in an Esquire cover story published online Monday — shared gripping new details about the May 2011 Bin Laden raid in Pakistan and his uneasy transition back into civilian life.
Continue Reading

The shooter left the military about three years shy of the official retirement requirement of 20 years of military service, he told Center for Investigative Reporting executive chairman Phil Bronstein, who wrote the Esquire story.

“My health care for me and my family stopped at midnight Friday night,” he said in the days after he left the service. “I asked if there was some transition from my Tricare to Blue Cross Blue Shield. They said no. You’re out of the service, your coverage is over. Thanks for your sixteen years. Go f-ck yourself.”

The man who killed Bin Laden does not receive pension, healthcare or family protection since he left the military, Bronstein writes.

“As I watched the Shooter navigate obstacles very different from the ones he faced so expertly in four war zones around the globe, I wondered: Is this how America treats its heroes? The ones President Obama called ‘the best of the best?’” Bronstein wrote.

In the story, the shooter also recalls the moments leading up to the raid in which he “was counting back and forth to a thousand to pass the time […] I remember banking to the south, which meant we were getting ready to hit. We had about another fifteen minutes.”

He continued; “Instead of counting, for some reason I said to myself the [former President George W. Bush] 9/11 quote: ‘Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended.’ I could just hear his voice, and that was neat. I started saying it again and again to myself. Then I started to get pumped up. I’m like: This is so on.”

And when he saw Bin Laden?

“He look confused. And way taller than I was expecting,” the shooter told Esquire. “For me, it was a snapshot of a target ID, definitely him. Even in our kill houses where we train, there are targets with his face on them. This was repetition and muscle memory. That’s him, boom, done.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/r ... z2KbP48CJb
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Enki

Re: Report: Navy SEAL kills Osama bin Laden, loses health ca

Post by Enki »

Every time I see one of those "Wounded Warrior", commercials, all I can think about is the abdication of responsibility by the VA.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Gubmint healthcare. Look forward to lots more of it (destroyed lives).
Censorship isn't necessary
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Gubmint healthcare. Look forward to lots more of it (destroyed lives).
No, this is the opposite of Gobmint healthcare.

This is what you have fought so hard to achieve.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nah, this is trillions given to the 1% by Obama, a trickle to bureau paper pushers, and a stiff arm to soldiers, who have been let down by the gubmint run VA over and over and over and over again. I think this is what is so attractive about gubmint healthcare to the left, it destroys so many lives.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Nah, this is trillions given to the 1% by Obama, a trickle to bureau paper pushers, and a stiff arm to soldiers, who have been let down by the gubmint run VA over and over and over and over again. I think this is what is so attractive about gubmint healthcare to the left, it destroys so many lives.
You're the only one wishing for Americans to be raped and murdered by other Americans.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Not wishing Tinker, lamenting. You called it moping. Now I've moved into acceptance. Sort of a Milo Doctrine for the left in America. If they want to rape and murder each other then I must support them and cheer them, exercising their free will/will, whatever you call it. If they see the error of their ways I support them and cheer them also. Whatever they decide. But whatever that may be I am sure not getting in the middle of it anymore.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Ossama was unarmed

he should explain why he shot an unarmed man ? ?

Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Without universal healthcare, this is what happens: a legal maze of requirements and exceptions designed to deny coverage.

BTW, isn't this the guy who tried to capitalize on his role in the Bin Laden assassination by authoring a book without the Pentagon's approval?
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Prize Money or Soldiers May Need to think like Businessmen..

Post by monster_gardener »

Thank You Very Much for your post, Doc.

I wonder why he dropped out so close to retirement..............

That said similar happened to Carlos Hathcock, his injuries forced him to retire just 55 days short of full retirement........

AIUI had to make do with a lesser medical retirement..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hat ... ietnam_War

Wasn't there a $25 or $30 Million dollar bounty on the head of that Salafi Slimeball Osama.....

Seems that that should be a nice piece of change even divided up among the Seal Team 6 members on the strike...........

Should go back to the old days when those of Uz Down in the Black Gang got some of the prize money when an enemy ship was taken..........

Same thing could have been done with Osama........

Not just the Uz Bounty..........

Other things............ Like Osama's bank accounts.......

More :twisted:

Wonder how much Osama's turban would have fetched at auction....... ;)

Or if the Chinese Organ Bankers would have been interested in his corneas.......... :twisted:

Buy Your Very Own Terrorist Eyes...........

Just be sure you aren't buying "The Hand of Borgus Weems"..........

http://www.tv.com/shows/night-gallery/t ... ems-76993/

ll1UnZoAkow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll1UnZoAkow

May just souvenirs are better... :twisted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prize_money#Examples
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener

Why Do Osama bin Ladin

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Ossama was unarmed

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

Would like to say for fun and Prophet ;) :twisted: oops I mean profit but unfortunately with Commanders in Cheap ;) :twisted: like our Lazy Lying Son of a Bitch Eater Obama the profit and prize money does not trickle down ;) :twisted: to those of Uz Down in the Black Gang..........

Just like would have/should have done the leader of near mid 20th Century German, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Kim Il Devil whatever..........

Unless there is a better alternative...... Better for uz and Uz that is.........

Probably he was not taking any chances........

With a sneaky devious Salafi Slimeball who had sent his men on an unwitting Suicide Mission..... the muscle boyz on 911 thought they had a chance of coming back alive and Osama laughed about their folly........

Easy to hide a weapon under those dirty robes or in that dirty turban.......... If Osama wore it, it's unclean......... ;) :lol:

But shooting him may have been a mistake......

It might have been worthwhile to take Osama alive and give him a Drum Head Court Martial........

He had already confessed on video...............

So give him a choice of turning over the bank accounts, his co-conspirators and all other info and getting a firing squad.........

Or lethal injection of pig blood if he wanted to be a tough guy martyr............ :twisted: :lol:

Was going to say should have treated his body like pirates were....... or what happened to Nick Berg, Daniel Pearl and others at the hands of Osama's Salafi Slime kind but.........

Am now aware of commercial opportunities that might benefit Uz Soldiers like the subject of this post........

Now if he agreed to convert to some other religion on video....... That might have commercial as well as political opportunities.........

Imagine the book contracts.........
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

The military chews people up and spits them out, that's what it does in every country. Some countries are better or worse at veteran care than others, but its part of the business. Like the NFL.
monster_gardener

Update - Seal has insurance - Dispute about Accuracy........

Thank You VERY Much for the Thread, Doc.

Was listening to Rush yesterday..... Said that this story about the Navy Seal was false....

Seems Rush was at least partially correct....... Washington Post has issued a correction......
Correction: The original version of this article said the Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden was uninsured. He lost insurance coverage after leaving the military and now purchases his own plan.
Also........
Update: Stars and Stripes reports “Like every combat veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the former SEAL…is automatically eligible for five years of free healthcare through the Department of Veterans Affairs.” The author, Phil Bronstein, still stands by the story:

[Bronstein] said the assertion that the government gave the SEAL “nothing” in terms of health care is both fair and accurate, because the SEAL didn’t know the VA benefits existed.

“No one ever told him that this is available,” Bronstein said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... uninsured/
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Zack Morris wrote:Without universal healthcare, this is what happens: a legal maze of requirements and exceptions designed to deny coverage.

BTW, isn't this the guy who tried to capitalize on his role in the Bin Laden assassination by authoring a book without the Pentagon's approval?
Different guy. This guy was the #2 through the door, vice the guy who shot UBL in the chest as he already lay near death with his head split open from 3 shots from the #2.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."