Transport: Planes, Trains, Boats, Autos, and Rockets

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Transport: Planes, Trains, Boats, Autos, and Rockets

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck2z80JgPX0

for Iranian nuke Submarines (in production)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

DIY: ambulance -> camper van

DIY: ambulance -> camper van

ldw34L2xbLA
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Drive | Company Builds Powerful 500cc ‘One-Stroke’ Engine, Immediately Installs It in a Miata
I love weird engines—give me a rotary, a turbine, or, hell, even a flat-eight and I'll be happy. That's why I was so excited when I heard that INNengine of Granada, Spain had produced a opposed-piston engine that packed a pretty powerful punch in an extremely tiny package.

There's no cylinder head in this motor. Also no crankshaft, no camshaft, and no valves. That's why it's no surprise that this engine tips the scales at just 85 pounds. Somehow, it still produces 120 horsepower with just half a liter of displacement, thanks to what the company calls a single-stroke combustion cycle. Perfect to throw into a Miata
Brilliant.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

that is cool.
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Nope. All NG is being discouraged on favor of electric in the US, even gas stoves, as part of the 15 min cities project.

They want a power source that they can turn off easily.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

I actually dealt with a company that ran buses with gasoline/NG fuel. They had a government contract. When it expired so did they.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

My father was an Air Force AE on the WrightPat team. My X-15 model plane was made by North American; not Revell.

Fun fact: the first astronaut wings went to X-15 pilots.

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:22 pm
My father was an Air Force AE on the WrightPat team. My X-15 model plane was made by North American; not Revell.
Very cool.
Fun fact: the first astronaut wings went to X-15 pilots.
Yes, several were the first to reach what is considered to be outer space.

von Kármán Line
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Well, can't you just push the alarm button on your key fob like when you lose your car at a Walmart?....'>......

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/09 ... g-n1727856
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:27 am Well, can't you just push the alarm button on your key fob like when you lose your car at a Walmart?....'>......

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/09 ... g-n1727856
The simplest explanation is that the pilot defected, and the military want that narrative in play.

I remember a lot of press about Russian and DPRK pilots flying to the west back in the cold war days.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz6cd9tHiyM&t=13s

True , detecting on radar no same as having a missile radar lock to shoot it down .. but it already half way there .. once radar detects, it much easier for an interceptor to shoot it down.

My guess is, next we will see an Israeli F-35 be shot down with a missile .. that will settle the question.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:16 am .

True , detecting on radar no same as having a missile radar lock to shoot it down .. but it already half way there .. once radar detects, it much easier for an interceptor to shoot it down.

My guess is, next we will see an Israeli F-35 be shot down with a missile .. that will settle the question.
I'll believe it if and when it happens.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:03 pm

Yes, you will see it at the right time

If Russians, Chinese , Iranians have the missile that can have a lock on F-35 , they would keep it close to their chest to make US, West, nations who waist their money buying F-35, South Korea, Israel and others feel secure and enter adventures .. and .. at the right time , BANG , shoot a few F-35 down ..

AT THE RIGHT TIME , is the key .. it has to have the BANG effect
Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:16 am
Typhoon wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:03 pm

Yes, you will see it at the right time

If Russians, Chinese , Iranians have the missile that can have a lock on F-35 , they would keep it close to their cheats to make US, West, nations who waist their money buying F-35, South Korea, Israel and others feel secure and enter adventures .. and .. at the right time , BANG , shoot a few F-35 down ..

AT THE RIGHT TIME , is the key .. it has to have the BANG effcet
Sure. Any day now . . .
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

EV Owners Waking Up to the Nightmare of Massive Repair Bills

"Sticker shock" has taken on a whole new meaning when new electric vehicle owners get their first repair bill following a simple fender bender. The Wall Street Journal reports that a San Francisco resident got in a minor accident with his electric truck. He thought that repairs would be "a couple-thousand-dollar bill from the repair shop and to be without his truck for a couple of weeks."

Instead, the first-time EV owner was shocked to get a $22,000 bill for repairs that took 2 1/2 months.
https://pjmedia.com/rick-moran/2023/12/ ... p=28831817
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reading articles such as the above makes me consider buying a VW bug and modifying - updating it.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UHQVUGj0qvA

Iranian F-14 Cockpit .. excellent plane
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/H2VtNLGFo_A

Houthis are the first to use "Ballistic" missiles against moving ship .. AND HIT

All Iranian missiles

Need a very sophisticated guidance system

A ballistic missile, by definition, goes straight up, very high, and , comes (pretty much) straight down .. hitting a moving ship with that, the missiles must "correct" on the go .. there no defence