TED Talks

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Parodite

TED Talks

Post by Parodite »

Not sure if this is he right section. For any interesting Ted Talk.

http://www.ted.com/
Parodite

The power of introverts

Post by Parodite »

Susan Cain: The power of introverts
In a culture where being social and outgoing are prized above all else, it can be difficult, even shameful, to be an introvert. But, as Susan Cain argues in this passionate talk, introverts bring extraordinary talents and abilities to the world, and should be encouraged and celebrated.
Doc

Re: The power of introverts

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:Susan Cain: The power of introverts
In a culture where being social and outgoing are prized above all else, it can be difficult, even shameful, to be an introvert. But, as Susan Cain argues in this passionate talk, introverts bring extraordinary talents and abilities to the world, and should be encouraged and celebrated.
Thanks Parodite. I know someone that this will help.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Re: The power of introverts

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:Susan Cain: The power of introverts
Thanks Parodite. I know someone that this will help.
Glad to be of help, Doc.
Parodite

Re: TED Talks

Post by Parodite »

Taylor Wilson: My radical plan for small nuclear fission reactors

Taylor Wilson was 14 when he built a nuclear fusion reactor in his parents' garage. Now 19, he returns to the TED stage to present a new take on an old topic: fission. Wilson, who has won backing to create a company to realize his vision, explains why he's so excited about his innovative design for small modular fission reactors -- and why it could be the next big step in solving the global energy crisis.
On youtube:

5HL1BEC024g