News from Forum Participants

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: News from Forum Participants

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Doc wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 pm
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:15 am
Simple Minded wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:08 am
How's your toilet paper stash looking?
Wrong man in my family to ask. My father has amassed a three year supply.

It was not accumulated all at once but it became a compulsion issue where every time he left his house he'd pick up toilet paper when he saw it "just in case."

Then he'd call me about it.

It was just from the interruption of his normal routine from lockdown. He's gonna be completely lost about what to do when he retires.
DId you know that in some parts TPing someone's house is now a felony? :lol:
No, I didn't know that.

Don't know about you but I never did that sort of hijinks as a teen.

Never liked the idea of wasting the tp and creating all that clean up work for people.

==========================

What we did instead was buy a sack or two of potatos and leave one in as many mailboxes as possible with a little note making whatever stupid 'eye' puns would come to mind.

Or graffiti people's driveways using sidewalk chalk.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:35 am
Doc wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 pm
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:15 am
Simple Minded wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:08 am
How's your toilet paper stash looking?
Wrong man in my family to ask. My father has amassed a three year supply.

It was not accumulated all at once but it became a compulsion issue where every time he left his house he'd pick up toilet paper when he saw it "just in case."

Then he'd call me about it.

It was just from the interruption of his normal routine from lockdown. He's gonna be completely lost about what to do when he retires.
DId you know that in some parts TPing someone's house is now a felony? :lol:
No, I didn't know that.

Don't know about you but I never did that sort of hijinks as a teen.

Never liked the idea of wasting the tp and creating all that clean up work for people.

Neirther did I. Though I know some that did

==========================

What we did instead was buy a sack or two of potatos and leave one in as many mailboxes as possible with a little note making whatever stupid 'eye' puns would come to mind.

Or graffiti people's driveways using sidewalk chalk.

We used to pull a prank with a fishing weight,string, and piece of tape. Put the fishing weight a couple of feet from the end of the string. Tape the end to someone's window at night. Take the other end of the string and hide 20 or so feet from the window. Tap the weight against the window until someone came to look out the window. When they walk away, repeat. Too bad there wasn't cell phone video and Youtube back then.

The local kids here used to ring people's door bells late at night.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Received my first COVID-19 vaccine [Pfizer] dose.

No problems.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 pm Received my first COVID-19 vaccine [Pfizer] dose.

No problems.
...other than that brand new third arm. ;)
NapLajoieonSteroids

I'm the last (or next to last- don't think my brother has gotten it yet either) 'round this group without the shot; it just hasn't worked out scheduling wise so far.

But today was the 1st day in a long time we did not wipe down the grocery packaging, and it feels weird.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:35 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 pm Received my first COVID-19 vaccine [Pfizer] dose.

No problems.

Well, better a brand new third arm than "having a cow".

Smallpox_vaccine_Jenner.png
Smallpox_vaccine_Jenner.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 19563 times

That French epigram comes to mind, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose" - "the more things change, the more they stay the same".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:45 am I'm the last (or next to last- don't think my brother has gotten it yet either) 'round this group without the shot; it just hasn't worked out scheduling wise so far.

But today was the 1st day in a long time we did not wipe down the grocery packaging, and it feels weird.
I had both my shots months ago. No serious side effects. Interestingly, the vaccine is still deemed "experimental."

I've heard a couple interviews with the doctor who developed mRNA technology. He claims long term side effects are of course, unknown.

Was all the hype and fear mongering due to those in the know, bing cognizant that COVID was a bio-weapon that leaked, or good ole fashioned money making (if it bleeds, it leads!), or a social experiment?

Obviously it was/is a real disease, but the unprecedented response would suggest somebody got "some splaining to do!"
NapLajoieonSteroids

Man, no matter how strange things get, apparently it can get stranger still.
noddy

Post by noddy »

hmm ?

for me, work has been double duty loads and long hours and the new propterty requires much more outdoor time , its currently bonfire season so thats been fun.

ive been sticking to the no beers, intermitten fasting thing ,as per typhoon, its doing well on reducing other symptoms aswell.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

eh, I wouldn't know where to really begin
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:17 am hmm ?

for me, work has been double duty loads and long hours and the new propterty requires much more outdoor time , its currently bonfire season so thats been fun.

ive been sticking to the no beers, intermitten fasting thing ,as per typhoon, its doing well on reducing other symptoms aswell.
That's great to hear.

My father ballooned in weight in his 40s, and he spent two-ish decades yo-yoing back and forth. And with it all sorts of nagging problems appeared; nothing too serious in his case, but quality of life stuff which could get worse as he aged. Then right before his sixtieth birthday he said enough was enough and whipped himself into shaped in a matter of months by intermittent fasting and walking.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:17 am hmm ?

sounds like behavior that is not only personally beneficial, but if applied en masse would cure a great number of currently chic social diseases.

fire is cleansing to one's soul. even a good form of recreation for the soulless.

for about 12 months now it has been bonfire season in several large cities in the US. unfortunately, they seem to be burning out the live growth rather than the dead wood.

individuals who burn their own shite tend to use a lot more discrimination than mobs that burn whatever is closest.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Old news, but I just found this clip online and I am in it dancing with two women.
WXzsVDl08A4
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

you look alot like Ellen Barkin.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:15 pm
My father ballooned in weight in his 40s, and he spent two-ish decades yo-yoing back and forth. And with it all sorts of nagging problems appeared; nothing too serious in his case, but quality of life stuff which could get worse as he aged. Then right before his sixtieth birthday he said enough was enough and whipped himself into shaped in a matter of months by intermittent fasting and walking.
this is essentially my problem and solution, somewhere in the late 40's a switch flipped and went from skinny to porky very quickly.
Simple Minded wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:14 pm
sounds like behavior that is not only personally beneficial, but if applied en masse would cure a great number of currently chic social diseases.

fire is cleansing to one's soul. even a good form of recreation for the soulless.

for about 12 months now it has been bonfire season in several large cities in the US. unfortunately, they seem to be burning out the live growth rather than the dead wood.

individuals who burn their own shite tend to use a lot more discrimination than mobs that burn whatever is closest.
I have to burn off in mid winter to make sure all the leaves and branches arent built up for next summer when its fire season - will get fined if I dont.

maybe they could do something simmilar in urban murica in regards struggling business's needing insurance payouts.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:17 am

I have to burn off in mid winter to make sure all the leaves and branches arent built up for next summer when its fire season - will get fined if I dont.

maybe they could do something simmilar in urban murica in regards struggling business's needing insurance payouts.
I have considered burning several brush piles, and did burn a couple over the last few years, but living in a rain forest means it's not really worth the effort. Anything under an inch in diameter rots away fairly quickly. 10-12 foot high brush piles have vanished in just a few years. Leaves seem to magically disappear before the next autumn. I try to reserve burning to stuff that is only over 3" in diameter. Usually I just pile it up to make little wildlife havens. Local predators are also happy.

I think you have come closer to decoding the behavior in a lot of democrat cities than the Merkin MSM. Let the local BLM/Anitfa mob Burn, Loot, and Murder their own nests and people, and with any luck the Federal Govt will throw tons of money to the local mayors and governors. If not, the property can be purchased for a song after the insurance companies decide to abandon that zip code.

All the feel good narrative is simply icing on the cake that the locals should be eating...... In some of these dysfunctional areas I suspect the goal of the local politicians is permanent martial law. For the DC elite, it is a national police force replacing local police jurisdictions.

My wife has often noted that in many locations, Atlas Shrugged is playing out in real time.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:17 am

If you could provide us with a shipping address, we could send you a bunch of BLM/Antifa Conservationists who are highly trained in future wildfire suppression tactics. I think an equivalent body weight of Roo Jerky or Coal would be a fair trade.

After bonfire season is over, they could be re-trained as roadkill removal professionals.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:40 pm you look alot like Ellen Barkin.
They hired me to dance with Barkin and paid me double. Then director McBride saw Earl in Lafayette who loved to dance with 2 women. We called them Earl’s Girls.

So I had to attempt that instead of dancing with Barkin. The first try I whopped those two women together like blackboard erasers.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:16 pm
They hired me to dance with Barkin and paid me double. Then director McBride saw Earl in Lafayette who loved to dance with 2 women. We called them Earl’s Girls.

So I had to attempt that instead of dancing with Barkin. The first try I whopped those two women together like blackboard erasers.
:lol:

Who knew that we have an bona fide authentique film star among us.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:50 am

No problems.

That French epigram comes to mind, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose" - "the more things change, the more they stay the same".
Well, I've now received my 2nd dose. Arm was more sore than after the 1st dose, for a few days.

Unfortunately, no new powers, super or otherwise.
No cows sprouting, no magnetic attraction, no 5G reception, no new appendages, no Hulk shirt ripping [how did he manage to keep his pants from ripping?] transformations, no chip implants that would enable me to engage in telepathic conversations with Bill Gates.

Just the boring reality that I'm set for the incoming 4th wave of COVID-19.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:20 am

No problems.

Well, I've now received my 2nd dose. Arm was more sore than after the 1st dose, for a few days.

No cows sprouting, no magnetic attraction, no 5G reception, no new appendages, no Hulk shirt ripping [how did he manage to keep his pants from ripping?] transformations, no chip implants that would enable me to engage in telepathic conversations with Bill Gates.

J&J three mini strokes, numb arm 25 days after. New super power: being able to take future shots with no pain in one arm.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:08 pm

No problems.

J&J three mini strokes, numb arm 25 days after. New super power: being able to take future shots with no pain in one arm.
Mini-strokes? 😳

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Colonel Sun wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:09 am
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:16 pm

:lol:

Who knew that we have an bona fide authentique film star among us.
When I told my ex I was in a movie for 10 seconds she wanted to know how I rated being in a love scene.

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:56 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:08 pm

No problems.

Mini-strokes? 😳
Yeah. Long run Well medium to long run I should be ok. It kinda of weird actually as my arm muscles seems to be tense all of the time. Like being exercising constantly. It numb sort of down to the wrist. Finger tingle a little. If I pick up a full bottle of say soda it feel like it is empty.

Anyway mostly posted this as a heads up to anyone that has not taken a vaccine as of yet. Before you do it talk to your doctor. They know your history, and will hopefully judge by your history and not play the averages.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Deleted.
Last edited by Doc on Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.