Commodities | Oil, gold, and silver . . .

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Commodities | Oil, gold, and silver . . .

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Chinese energy giant
offloading Western assets

Chinese are going to sell all western assets, down the road probably Arabs too, maybe India, Brazil too

Foreign assets in "Anglo Saxon" hemisphere are not safe .. Russia and Iran showed this

Any Nation, not adhering to Anglo bullying, in danger of frozen assets when push comet to shove.

:lol: all this are "unintended" consequences of "Iran Sanctions"

America will lose the exclusivity of SWIFT, Dollar as world currency , Sovereign Dollar reserves etc etc .. all due to "silly" Iran sanction.

Now Iran and other will "decouple" from Western dollar economy.

BRICS , here we come
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Commodities are interesting.

The deepest producing oil well is 14 km. I’m thinking maybe oil is a product of deep earth forces and there was never a 14km deep pile of dead dinosaurs. Where did the 14km of rock come from?

We know gold and diamonds are deliberately held back to keep them expensive and “rare”. Not a huge leap to think oil prices might be manipulated the same way.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.euractiv.com/section/centra ... to-the-eu/

https://akipress.com/news:672385:Russia ... azakh_oil/

Dont know what doin, but just keep your tanks topped :lol:

Brent could hit $ 300
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Silver is wild. Record deliveries draining COMEX inventory as the banks monkeyhammer spot price with naked shorts. Current spot is around $18.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:05 am Commodities are interesting.

The deepest producing oil well is 14 km. I’m thinking maybe oil is a product of deep earth forces and there was never a 14km deep pile of dead dinosaurs. Where did the 14km of rock come from?

We know gold and diamonds are deliberately held back to keep them expensive and “rare”. Not a huge leap to think oil prices might be manipulated the same way.
IT has been claimed that the Kuwait oil fields are filling up from below. Though I have not seen that confirmed.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:49 am

IT has been claimed that the Kuwait oil fields are filling up from below. Though I have not seen that confirmed.
There is an abiogenic petroleum hypothesis regarding it's origins.

So far, the major use of it has been by promoters to separate credulous investors from their cash.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:04 am

So far, the major use of it has been by promoters to separate credulous investors from their cash.
Add water and atmosphere to the abiogenic list. The trovants in Romania might be related. https://science.howstuffworks.com/envir ... ovants.htm

I don’t know how one could experimentally observe or replicate deep earth conditions. A black box model is probably the best we can do.

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Oil is slippery stuff
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:56 pm

Oil is slippery stuff
Yup. Petroleum science, as well as crude, is replete with BS&W. They love to inflate the value of the field. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_s ... _and_water

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:42 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:56 pm

Oil is slippery stuff
Yup. Petroleum science, as well as crude, is replete with BS&W. They love to inflate the value of the field. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_s ... _and_water
I was once marginally involved in a law suit over Natural gas rights. The company that was extracting the gas was cheating the land owners by selling the gas to a shell company they also owned at far below market price. But they were also reporting higher value of the gas they were extracting by well head serial number to the state as they were trying to sell the company by inflating the value of the field. They got caught because high the prices went through the roof back in the 2000's some of the land owners start asking questions when their royalty checks didn't go up by a proportional amount. Because they reported to the state by gas well what they were extracting, figuring out they were cheating was easy.

So the owners of the gas company were pretty slick in their fraud, but really stupid in their greed. Especially in WV where total damages regarding stealing mineral rights are automatically tripled after the jury verdict. The lawyers for the plaintiffs collected $125 million for probably one of the easiest class action suits to prove, and cheapest to administer ever. As the defendants basically convicted themselves and there weren't all that many plaintiffs.
The settlement was for $338 million in total:

https://www.naturalgasintel.com/nisourc ... tion-case/
Last edited by Doc on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | Colossal’ central bank buying drives gold demand to decade high
Fallout from US sanctions on Russia helped fuel 18 per cent leap in purchases last year
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Iran discovers world’s second largest lithium reserve

According to a senior official of the Iranian Ministry of Industry, Mine, and Trade (MIMT), the lithium deposits could contain some 8.5 million metric tons (MT) ready for extraction, which would make it one of the largest global discoveries.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

A good free substack on gold and silver markets.

https://econanalytics.substack.com/p/22 ... r-delivery

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Gold approaching $2,400; silver at $23.

If you were thinking about metals, I recommend thinking quickly.

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

with Iran/Israel on the edge of escalating and ditto Ukraine/Russia, the chances of proxy wars turning into regional wars are very high now.

which means this purchase is the bet on it going pearshaped.
ultracrepidarian