U.S. Foreign Policy

YMix

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I won and didnt spin anything.
Wrong on both counts.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:I won and didnt spin anything.
Wrong on both counts.
No he is not. Cato is a Never Trump outfit.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:And they have paid the price.
Not a binary choice.

Almost all industrialized nations do not have abstinence as part of their education program,
yet have been very successful in limiting AIDS.
OK so whats your solution for Africa.
Why should I presume to "solve" Africa's problem.

It's their problem, they should solve it, if they care to.

Even if, so some reason, I believed that I could and should, the most difficult thing to change is culture.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:No he is not. Cato is a Never Trump outfit.
I wasn't talking about CI, but about Mr. Perfect's willingness to overlook government waste when it suits him. Weren't you screaming some time ago about the 500 or 600 million wasted on that shoddy Obamacare database? You'll be pleased to know that 1.4 billion is not actually that much.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
I wasn't talking about CI, but about Mr. Perfect's willingness to overlook government waste when it suits him.
If you get to do it you have to let other people do it.
Weren't you screaming some time ago about the 500 or 600 million wasted on that shoddy Obamacare database? You'll be pleased to know that 1.4 billion is not actually that much.
By Democrat standards you are certainly right. It stimulates.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Not a binary choice.

Almost all industrialized nations do not have abstinence as part of their education program,

Even if, so some reason, I believed that I could and should, the most difficult thing to change is culture.
Convenient.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:If you get to do it you have to let other people do it.
Reagan must have taken a similar view given all that deficit spending. That's what fiscal conservatism amounts to in the end.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Convenient.
You mean your attempt to change the subject with that "what's your solution" thing? Yeah. Very convenient. Also, transparent. :D
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Not a binary choice.

Convenient.
Realistic.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:If you get to do it you have to let other people do it.
Reagan must have taken a similar view given all that deficit spending. That's what fiscal conservatism amounts to in the end.
If so then you would really like fiscal conservatism.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Not a binary choice.

Convenient.
Realistic.
Convenient, you spend a lot of time trying to change American culture but when faced with a real problem like aids in Africa conveniently turn away.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:If so then you would really like fiscal conservatism.
Under the name social democracy.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

:D whatever that means.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:And effective, as you were exposed as not caring about the money or the aids problem. Just more at empty knife twisting by ymix.
Dodge. Squirm.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No need to dodge your knives ymix. I never even knew you were poking me :D .
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Convenient.
Realistic.
Convenient, you spend a lot of time trying to change American culture but when faced with a real problem like aids in Africa conveniently turn away.
Indeed. This is certainly the place to do so. After all, no one was quoted more than the OTNOT board at the RNC and DNC.

Anyways, not only do US social conservatives and progressives insist on minding other people's business in their own country,
they presume that they are entitled to do so elsewhere.

Speaking of working to change culture, were you a Trump delegate at the RNC?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Convenient.
Realistic.
Indeed. This is certainly the place to do so. After all, no one was quoted more than the OTNOT board at the RNC and DNC.

Anyways, not only do US social conservatives and progressives insist on minding other people's business in their own country,
they presume that they are entitled to do so elsewhere.

Speaking of working to change culture, were you a Trump delegate at the RNC?

Personally I got banned by Twitter for a while for being reported as a spam bot last night. Then they apologized and reinstated my account. :D

Not a brag just wanted to say that people here and Spengler do have an effect. Personally I get a lot of my ideas challenged here and there that is hard to find elsewhere online. I can't overstate how important that is. If you really want to know how good your ideas are or not you have to have others challenge them and you have to understand theirs. Well enough that you could make a good argument for them. If you can't do that you are not really thinking for yourself. You are just parroting what others are teaching you to parrot

The reason I really got banned was because many Hillary supporters did not like my humor. This is the Tweet I got suspended for in a trend about Trump, Hillary's emails and Putin:
BREAKING ALERT!! RUSSIA AND BERNIE BEHIND ATTEMPTED COUP AT DNC !! ARRESTS EMINENT !!
Thank you katsung47 :D

Anyway thanks folks
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Freedom House | Paul Manafort Is the Tip of the Iceberg
Trump’s [now ex-]campaign chairman is under the microscope for his dealings in Ukraine,
but he is part of a much larger consulting industry that serves the interests of autocrats.
Rot comes from within.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

The New Yorker
DOES HENRY KISSINGER HAVE A CONSCIENCE ?

" . . . If there are things that have to be done, you should do them quickly. ”

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

The New Yorker

One hopes not, for his sake.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:

The New Yorker

One hopes not, for his sake.

It always good to first read the article .. it ain't what you thinkin

Heracleum Persicum

Russia could use Incirlik airbase ‘if necessary’
- Turkish PM

Incirlik will be crowded, US, Russia, Saudi, NATO, Germans and Iran, all might be using Incirlik :lol:

Turkish PM opens door for Russian use of Incirlik

DEBKAfile August 21, 2016, 10:17 AM (IDT)

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said Saturday that Russia could possibly use country's southern Incirlik Air Base if it becomes necessary.

This confirmed DEBKAfile’s prediction that Moscow, after gaining an air base in Iran last week, would also seek access to the strategic base in southern Turkey in the light of the Putin-Erdogan rapprochement.

Yildirim added that since Incirilik was available to the warplanes of the United States, Qatar, Germany and other nations fighting the Islamic State in Syria, Russia would be granted the same privilege – if necessary.

“Turkey opened Incirlik airbase to fight Daesh [Islamic State, formerly ISIS/ISIL] terrorists. It is being used by the US and Qatar. Other nations might also wish to use the airbase, which the Germans are also now using,”

Iran will allow Russia use its Hamadan airbase for as long as Moscow sees fit,
Iran’s Defense Minister said

Doc

Post by Doc »

Russia could use Incirlik airbase ‘if necessary’
- Turkish PM

Incirlik will be crowded, US, Russia, Saudi, NATO, Germans and Iran, all might be using Incirlik :lol:

Turkish PM opens door for Russian use of Incirlik

DEBKAfile August 21, 2016, 10:17 AM (IDT)

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said Saturday that Russia could possibly use country's southern Incirlik Air Base if it becomes necessary.

This confirmed DEBKAfile’s prediction that Moscow, after gaining an air base in Iran last week, would also seek access to the strategic base in southern Turkey in the light of the Putin-Erdogan rapprochement.

Yildirim added that since Incirilik was available to the warplanes of the United States, Qatar, Germany and other nations fighting the Islamic State in Syria, Russia would be granted the same privilege – if necessary.

“Turkey opened Incirlik airbase to fight Daesh [Islamic State, formerly ISIS/ISIL] terrorists. It is being used by the US and Qatar. Other nations might also wish to use the airbase, which the Germans are also now using,”

Iran will allow Russia use its Hamadan airbase for as long as Moscow sees fit,
Iran’s Defense Minister said

Why not just Nuke Syria and be done with it then?
YMix

Post by YMix »

No idea if this has already been posted; the article is from April. Pretty interesting.
Toward a Global Realignment
Zbigniew Brzezinski

As its era of global dominance ends, the United States needs to take the lead in realigning the global power architecture.
Heracleum Persicum

US’s Syria policies are in free fall
Turkey is increasingly eyeing Russia and Iran as its key interlocutors to resolve the Syrian problem.

. . Ilnur Cevik wrote that Biden “put on a Hollywood act in Ankara”. Cevik’s sharp remarks catch the ugly mood in Ankara:

He (Biden) flashed smiles all day long and pretended to embrace the Turkish people… told our leaders that the U.S. is a country ruled by law… Yes, of course, when the U.S. was clandestinely kidnapping and arresting al-Qaeda suspects all around the world and putting them into the hell hole called Guantanamo Bay, the U.S. was following the rule of law, international law and even American laws. The law in the U.S. is, of course, as supreme as the policemen that kill innocent law-abiding black Americans in the streets and get away with it. So it seems Biden came to Ankara, listened to us with great “sympathy” and then told us what would not happen and flew home.

What next ? Clearly, Erdogan won’t blink. That leaves Obama to choose between Gulen’s extradition or stand by the CIA’s cover-up.

Within a day of Biden’s visit, Turkey disclosed that the Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces General Valery Gerasimov is visiting Ankara to discuss “military cooperation.”

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu also dropped a heavy hint that Russian President Vladimir Putin may visit Antalya next week on Erdogan’s invitation to watch a football match.

Indeed, Turkey gave prior intimation to Moscow and Tehran regarding Euphrates Shield. The Moscow reports said Turkey “coordinated” with Russian military.

Unsurprisingly, the expressions of concern by Moscow and Tehran have been for record, way below condemnation of Euphrates Shield.

Meanwhile, Erdogan may visit Tehran soon. The Saudi establishment daily Asharq Al-Awsat quoted ‘diplomatic sources’ that Tehran is mediating between Ankara and Damascus.

Simply put, US’s Syria policies are in free fall. Turkey is increasingly eyeing Russia and Iran as its key interlocutors to resolve the Syrian problem.

Turkish intelligence has been keeping contacts with Damascus since May. Formal relations and open dealings are now a matter of time. Ankara is reconciled to President Bashar Al-Assad remaining in power.

Thus, Turkey is driving the last nail on the coffin of Washington’s decade-long ‘regime change’ agenda in Syria.

Turkey has become a stakeholder in Syria’s unity and integrity. This also has fall-outs on Iraq. In fact, beneath the radar, there are churnings on the eastern side of the Euphrates as well.

:lol: