U.S. Foreign Policy

Typhoon

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Post by Typhoon »

:lol:

Not bad.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
whats the difference between asians and racism ?

racism has many faces.

When they all look alike, does it get easier or harder to be a racist?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Reason | Poll: Active Military Members Have Had Quite Enough of Nation Building, Regime Change
U.S. military forces have been "ground down by 15 years of combat, the longest period of continuous conflict in American history" and "The country is employing its military at a rate it cannot sustain," the editors of Military Times write in an editorial published earlier this week.
Explains Trump's popularity with the military.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Reason | Poll: Active Military Members Have Had Quite Enough of Nation Building, Regime Change
U.S. military forces have been "ground down by 15 years of combat, the longest period of continuous conflict in American history" and "The country is employing its military at a rate it cannot sustain," the editors of Military Times write in an editorial published earlier this week.
And Gary Johnson's.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Compare the vote totals and you can't conclude Gary Johnson is popular.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Happy 15th Birthday to America’s Endless War in Afghanistan
After 15 years, 2,385 dead U.S. soldiers, more than 20,000 wounded and hundreds of billions of dollars spent, the mission is unfulfilled. The war in Afghanistan is America’s longest and it seems it may never end.
Tops marks for tenacity, if nothing else, the Soviet Russians only lasted for 9 years. The Brits only has three short goes of it.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
And a testament to Obama's visionary foreign policy, which has kept us from any needless, large scale military interventions while deftly mopping up the mess Bush left with remarkable cost efficiency. ISIS is all but defeated in Syria thanks to little more than leisurely air strikes and a handful of special forces raids in support of an Iraqi military that is finally growing more capable and confident. In a move of almost Nixonian brilliance, Obama has also began the long and delicate pivot away from Saudi Arabia by laying the ground work for normalizing relations with Iran. Sensing the changing winds, the Saudis at last seem to be getting serious about long-term reform. Obama's been playing 3D chess all along while conservatives have failed to graduate from Chutes and Ladders, failing to grasp the significance of master strokes such as the Iranian cash payment deal.

But what can we expect from a party so stupid that it overrode a veto and then blamed the President when they realized that the veto should have been left to stand? Dumb as rocks.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
And a testament to Obama's visionary foreign policy, which has kept us from any needless, large scale military interventions while deftly mopping up the mess Bush left with remarkable cost efficiency. ISIS is all but defeated in Syria thanks to little more than leisurely air strikes and a handful of special forces raids in support of an Iraqi military that is finally growing more capable and confident. In a move of almost Nixonian brilliance, Obama has also began the long and delicate pivot away from Saudi Arabia by laying the ground work for normalizing relations with Iran. Sensing the changing winds, the Saudis at last seem to be getting serious about long-term reform. Obama's been playing 3D chess all along while conservatives have failed to graduate from Chutes and Ladders, failing to grasp the significance of master strokes such as the Iranian cash payment deal.

But what can we expect from a party so stupid that it overrode a veto and then blamed the President when they realized that the veto should have been left to stand? Dumb as rocks.
Explain Trump's popularity with the US military. Obamawar is a failure.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

That's nonsense. The armed forces have been sitting pretty for the last 8 years doing almost nothing. We're not losing hundreds of servicemen a year anymore. Now, the average soldier can't appreciate that because he's a clueless durian who couldn't cut it in the private sector and needs Big Government to hold his hand through life.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

That's nonsense. The armed forces have been sitting pretty for the last 8 years doing almost nothing. We're not losing hundreds of servicemen a year anymore. Now, the average soldier can't appreciate that because he's a clueless durian who couldn't cut it in the private sector and needs Big Government to hold his hand through life.
Oh so the people that are out their putting their lives on the line to support your freedom are nothing but "durians" Tell you what Zack, why don't you sign up for the Army and actually do something important with your life?

I will even go further than that Zack. I have 9 relatives that served between Afghanistan and Iraq. One was gassed in the first gulf war. The other 8 served in the latter wars.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Oh so the people that are out their putting their lives on the line to support your freedom are nothing but "durians"

Sorry, but military service is not in and of itself worthy of unconditional support and respect.

What I'm saying is politically incorrect to be sure but it's the truth. I'm sorry that you are not strong enough to accept that and need to speak in terms of established political convention. Possessing a desire to take risks with one's life is entirely orthogonal to other personality traits, such as one's moral values and ability to contribute constructively to the betterment of society. Another politically incorrect truth is that soldiers aren't putting their lives on the line for my freedom. They're often mucking things up in far-off places or killing innocent people. I've even personally known some who enlisted to get revenge on who they perceived to have attacked America: Arabs and Muslims. I never asked them to do that and would gladly have my tax dollars spent elsewhere.

Tell you what Zack, why don't you sign up for the Army and actually do something important with your life?
Sorry, I'm much too valuable for the military and its nefarious foreign adventurism. I'll gladly pay lip service in public, though, so that some other sucker enlists and gets sent off to patrol IED-laden alleys for the "glory" of it all.

When it comes to lip service, though, nobody beats Trump, who loves to use veterans to pump up his brand but wouldn't spend a dime of his own money on them. He sure doesn't seem to think much of their abilities given that he claims to know better than four star generals how to fight America's wars. :D
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: By a burning factory. He has had a recurrent brain tumor in his brain stem. Almost died about a half of dozen times and is on pain killer so strong he has to get it through a tube inserted through his arm into a main heart artery. He can even do things for an hour or so. Four kids. The youngest two used to pack their suit cases every time their father went to the doctor to go to relatives as they figured he would end up in the hospital and they didn't want to cause more problems. The youngest was born right after the war.
Ah, right. A factory blown up by US bombs, whose fumes then set off coalition chemical detectors, which the US military decided to ignore. The military sounds awesome, man!

Who would willingly sign up for this crap? Would you go work in a factory that was known for allowing its workers to be exposed to life-impairing chemicals in order to maximize profits? Maybe not when put in those stark terms but I have a feeling you'd probably blame workers for their health problems and deny them nationalized health coverage on the grounds that they chose to go to work there. I don't why the military gets a free pass.
But you are right. One of my cousins got blown up in a Humvee in Faluja. His best friend sitting beside him was killed. So he couldn't get a job in the private sector and he actually took a government payment for his funeral.
A college friend of mine lost his brother in Afghanistan to a suicide bomber. His first tour was in Iraq, though, where he manned a roadside checkpoint gunning down Iraqis who didn't slow down quick enough to his liking. The first time he shot up a car and murdered its occupants, he was so proud of himself that he took photos of the blood streaming out of the bottom of the vehicle and showed them to his family and friends. While serving on a border crossing between Iraq and Syria, he boasted about exposing his genitals to young girls tilling a field on the Syrian side of the border. He and his buddies would also dare each other to masturbate alone in rooms with the corpses of slain insurgents. On a visit back home at a holiday party, he carelessly launched a firework into a neighbor's yard, setting the dry sagebrush ablaze, threatening the man's house. Luckily the home owner was woken up and was able to get the fire under control.

Typical army dude. I didn't feel anything when I heard he got blown up. Still don't.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote: By a burning factory. He has had a recurrent brain tumor in his brain stem. Almost died about a half of dozen times and is on pain killer so strong he has to get it through a tube inserted through his arm into a main heart artery. He can even do things for an hour or so. Four kids. The youngest two used to pack their suit cases every time their father went to the doctor to go to relatives as they figured he would end up in the hospital and they didn't want to cause more problems. The youngest was born right after the war.
Ah, right. A factory blown up by US bombs, whose fumes then set off coalition chemical detectors, which the US military decided to ignore. The military sounds awesome, man!

Who would willingly sign up for this crap? Would you go work in a factory that was known for allowing its workers to be exposed to life-impairing chemicals in order to maximize profits? Maybe not when put in those stark terms but I have a feeling you'd probably blame workers for their health problems and deny them nationalized health coverage on the grounds that they chose to go to work there. I don't why the military gets a free pass.

Years ago I had a cousin that worked in a chemical factory. She died there and the company did an autopsy before they released her body to her family A condition of employment for a single mother desperate for a decnt job rather than taking welfare in a place where jobs are hard to find....... But as you like to say just another "Average Stupid American" Creepy Trump supporters etc... Truly "Intolerable" "intolerable"

With all possible irony and sarcasm "You sur knows what's best massar"
But you are right. One of my cousins got blown up in a Humvee in Faluja. His best friend sitting beside him was killed. So he couldn't get a job in the private sector and he actually took a government payment for his funeral.
A college friend of mine lost his brother in Afghanistan to a suicide bomber. His first tour was in Iraq, though, where he manned a roadside checkpoint gunning down Iraqis who didn't slow down quick enough to his liking. The first time he shot up a car and murdered its occupants, he was so proud of himself that he took photos of the blood streaming out of the bottom of the vehicle and showed them to his family and friends. While serving on a border crossing between Iraq and Syria, he boasted about exposing his genitals to young girls tilling a field on the Syrian side of the border. He and his buddies would also dare each other to masturbate alone in rooms with the corpses of slain insurgents. On a visit back home at a holiday party, he carelessly launched a firework into a neighbor's yard, setting the dry sagebrush ablaze, threatening the man's house. Luckily the home owner was woken up and was able to get the fire under control.

Typical army dude. I didn't feel anything when I heard he got blown up. Still don't.
Sounds like your circle of friends. ;)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:

Years ago I had a cousin that worked in a chemical factory. She died there and the company did an autopsy before they released her body to her family A condition of employment for a single mother desperate for a decnt job rather than taking welfare in a place where jobs are hard to find....... But as you like to say just another "Average Stupid American" Creepy Trump supporters etc... Truly "Intolerable" "intolerable"

With all possible irony and sarcasm "You sur knows what's best massar"

Sounds like your circle of friends. ;)
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Whatever floats your boat. If that's how you like family being treated, then whatever. Amazing to watch guys get misty eyed in defense of corporations ("corporations are people!"), even when they stoop to such lows, all in the name of pleasing the fat cats who profit off of families' literal blood, sweat, and tears.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Whatever floats your boat. If that's how you like family being treated, then whatever. Amazing to watch you get misty eyed in defense of corporations ("corporations are people!"), even when they stoop to such lows, all in the name of pleasing the fat cats who profit off of families' literal blood, sweat, and tears.
1) I was in no way defending corporations. But you knew that. ;)
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

EVgZyMoycc0

Samira was born in Iran and left the country with her family after the government of Ayatollah Khomeini executed her father.

An alumnus of NYU Film School, her graduating film, Clown de la Vie won Best Short Film at the New York State Film Festival, and was a finalist at the Student Academy Awards.

She earned her Master of Arts degree at Columbia University, and followed her passion for filmmaking with a short film about the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC.

She was the first filmmaker permitted to shoot inside the Museum. Her first documentary, Our Own Private Bin Laden, was named Best Foreign Documentary and Best Film of the Festival at the 2006 European Independent Film Festival in Paris, and won the Audience Award at the International Film Festival in Seoul.

Our Own Private Bin Laden has been screened in theaters and broadcast on television in over 20 countries.

Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:1) I was in no way defending corporations. But you knew that. ;)
Corporations are people.
2) You were talking about one of degenerates that liked to expose himself to little girls and masturbate over dead bodies. But you did not say...Did he masturbate when he set the fire as arsonists usually do?
He was the brother of a college friend, who happens to come from a very conservative small town. And he was behaving quite typically for a US serviceman based on everything I've witnessed and heard. A childhood friend of mine went off the rails in high school. Got really heavy into drugs and alcohol and couldn't hack it in college. Had to drop out. His very well-off adoptive parents kicked him out of their home. His twin brother was arrested for selling drugs. Guess what? He's a Navy captain now and his Facebook is full of pro-Trump anti-Obama foaming-at-the-mouth rants. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It has always been the case throughout history that armies were comprised of a core of surplus, useless young men with nothing more to offer than their bodies, with a sprinkling of leaders from the ruling class.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote:1) I was in no way defending corporations. But you knew that. ;)
Corporations are people.
2) You were talking about degenerates that liked to expose himself to little girls and masturbate over dead bodies. But you did not say...Did he masturbate when he set the fire as arsonists usually do?
He was the brother of a college friend, who happens to come from a very conservative small town. And he was behaving quite typically for a US serviceman based on everything I've witnessed and heard. A childhood friend of mine went off the rails in high school. Got really heavy into drugs and alcohol and couldn't hack it in college. Had to drop out. His very well-off adoptive parents kicked him out of their home. His twin brother was arrested for selling drugs. Guess what? He's a Navy captain now and his Facebook is full of pro-Trump anti-Obama foaming-at-the-mouth rants. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It has always been the case throughout history that armies were comprised of a core of surplus, useless young men with nothing more to offer than their bodies, with a sprinkling of leaders from the ruling class.

Nice to see you finally decided to come back with an answer. A lot of those young men you distain so much signed up after 911 because they did not like to see their fellow Americans killed like that Forced to jump out of buildings or be burned to death.

I suppose I could come back with copies of Hillary's speeches to all the big corporate banking types Zack talking about how she and them are "Stronger Together".
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: A lot of those young men you distain so much signed up after 911 because they did not like to see their fellow Americans killed like that Forced to jump out of buildings or be burned to death. Even sorry a$$ folks like you.
Yeah. And a lot more signed up for revenge, for adventure, and to feel like they were doing something meaningful and powerful. None of which are particularly good motivations.
I suppose I could come back with copies of Hillary's speeches to all the big corporate banking types Zack talking about how she and them are "Stronger Together".
Yeah, I suppose you could come back with a non sequitur like that.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote: A lot of those young men you distain so much signed up after 911 because they did not like to see their fellow Americans killed like that Forced to jump out of buildings or be burned to death. Even sorry a$$ folks like you.
Yeah. And a lot more signed up for revenge, for adventure, and to feel like they were doing something meaningful and powerful. None of which are particularly good motivations.
Like you would have a clue what they did it for.
Yeah, I suppose you could come back with a non sequitur like that.
Not a non sequitur You just told what I said out of context.

What you said I was responding to:
Zack Morris wrote: It has always been the case throughout history that armies were comprised of a core of surplus, useless young men with nothing more to offer than their bodies, with a sprinkling of leaders from the ruling class.
So you consider yourself part of the ruling class now do ya? So when you signing up Zack? :lol: Well at least you made me laugh.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

US General Robert E. Huyser in Tehran

DOn't worry AZ if Hillary wins this election there will not be a US Foreign Policy any more as technically the whole world will be part of the US
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

SFRs.

No one here is special.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »