U.S. Foreign Policy

Doc

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Post by Doc »

^^^^When was the Hillary/Obama Syrian policy not in free fall?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Never ceases to amaze how every US admin and it's critics think that world history [re]starts at each POTUS inauguration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria#Ottoman_Syria

The US admins have been messing in and up in the Muddled East,
just like Britain, France, and Russia before them, since they first became involved.

All also had/have delusions of control. Critics included.

Turkey, under Erdogan, is no ally of the West.
One of autocrat Erdogan's main goal is to continue the Turkish tradition of killing Kurds in Syria, Iraq and, of course, in Turkey.

Along with the innocent civilian casualties in Iraq, Syria, and elsewhere, I sympathize with the modern Kurds.
Note that Kurdish women have long fought alongside men.

Yet the PKK is still on the US State departments sh*t list, to appease Turkey,
while the 9/11 supporting and funding extremists Saudis are supposedly great friends and allies.

Current geopolitical machinations always seem rational to those in the thick of it,
while after the passage of time they invariable appear surreal and ridiculous.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Never ceases to amaze how ever US admin and it's critics think that world history [re]starts at each POTUS inauguration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria#Ottoman_Syria

The US admins have been messing in and up in the Muddled East,
just like Britain, France, and Russia before them, since they first became involved.

All also had/have delusions of control. Critics included.

Turkey, under Erdogan, is no ally of the West.
One of autocrat Erdogan's main goal is to continue the Turkish tradition of killing Kurds in Syria, Iraq and, of course, in Turkey.

Along with the innocent civilian casualties in Iraq, Syria, and elsewhere, I sympathize with the modern Kurds.
Note that Kurdish women have long fought alongside men.

Yet the PKK is still on the US State departments sh*t list, to appease Turkey,
while the 9/11 supporting and funding extremists Saudis are supposedly great friends and allies.

Current geopolitical machinations always seem rational to those in the thick of it,
while after the passage of time they invariable appear surreal and ridiculous.
That is what happens with incompetence surreal and ridiculous decisions are made Particularly when White House influence is up for sale
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Well, speaking of surreal, probably the most successful foreign lobby to ever influence the White House was the so-called "China Lobby" of the Soong + Kai Shek gang which effectively directed US policy with regards to China from about the 1930's until the Nixon admin started the process of reestablishing relations with the PRC.

Across both Republicrat and Demopublican admins.

Effectively had purged, via their considerable influence, anyone from US admins who had actual knowledge of and understood the real situation in China.
Such people had their careers, and often their lives, destroyed.

One of their key goals, besides scamming what would be billions in today's dollars from the USA, was to start a war between then Imperial Japan and the USA. The end goal was to involve the US in a land war in mainland China with Imperial Japan, so that Chiang Kai-Shek could focus on his real [and only] goal, fighting Mao for control of China. They were partly successful, in that by having the US stop selling [California] oil to Japan, by having State deceive FDR and against his wishes, the result was that war did occur.

However, it did not play out as they had expected. The US did not engage in a land war in mainland China.
Chiang Kai Shek has to retreat to and occupy Taiwan, where his rule was so corrupt and cruel that Japanese culture is still very popular there. No small achievement on his part.

In the US, the result was the "Who lost China?" hysteria and witch hunts, all driven by a complete ignorance of mainland China thanks to the "China Lobby".

The ongoing Taiwan issue, a potential serious future conflict, is their legacy.

By comparison, today's influence sellers and lobbyists are rank amateurs.
_____

If memory serves, Chiang Kai-Shek holds the record for the number of cover appearances on Luce's Time magazine.
_____

Ironically, the "China Lobby" gang did change the course of history. In Japan, in the USA, and in Western Europe.
Or, with a bit of poetic license, everywhere but in mainland China.

Another demonstration of the Law of Unintended Consequences
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Hillary Clinton

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

We love Israel. And we love to pay taxes to Israel. Israel is well loved by America.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:We love Israel. And we love to pay taxes to Israel. Israel is well loved by America.

:D

O, Lord, have Merci when the RedNeck had it

Heracleum Persicum

Cuba’s revolutionary leader Fidel Castro (R) is seen during a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (L), in Havana, September 22, 2016.jpg
Cuba’s revolutionary leader Fidel Castro (R) is seen during a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (L), in Havana, September 22, 2016.jpg (54.91 KiB) Viewed 1210 times

Japanese PM Abe visits Cuba in historic meeting

Abe not somebody visiting Castro just like this, specially not Castro

Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.
Mr. Perfect wrote:We love Israel. And we love to pay taxes to Israel. Israel is well loved by America.

:D

O, Lord, have Merci when the RedNeck had it

Redneck supports Israel more than anyone.
Censorship isn't necessary
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:Rats abandoning ship
I don't think Filipinos are "rats".

Why would their president be one?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Rats abandoning ship

As with the POTUS candidates, wishing it to be so does not make it so.
Heracleum Persicum

Alexis wrote:.

Rats abandoning ship

I don't think Filipinos are "rats".

Why would their president be one ?

Alexis , "Rats abandoning ship" is an American Expression , nothing to do who is a rat

"Rats abandoning ship" meaning is in this case American "hegemony" is loosing grip and all nations within that hegemony leaving American grip, which is happening now openly with Philippine moving now towards Russia and China

Question now is, whether this a wise move by Philippine ? ?

Very very wise

why so ?

well, China still will be next to Philippine in 100,000 yrs, and, America in 100,000 yrs will still be 15000 km away from Philippine and American interest change.

Neighbours should settle their differences between and by themselves .. not let "outsiders" mix in that issue

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Speaking of POTUS veto, in another thread, the US Congress has overridden Obama's veto of the bill enabling families of 9/11 victims to sue the Saudi Arabian government.

Foggy Bottom must be having fits.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Speaking of POTUS veto, in another thread, the US Congress has overridden Obama's veto of the bill enabling families of 9/11 victims to sue the Saudi Arabian government.

The bill before congress was specific to Saudi Arab and 911. But a precedent has been set !!! Citizens can now by pass the State Dept and file class action law suits against a foreign government. Collecting of course is a different matter.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Speaking of POTUS veto, in another thread, the US Congress has overridden Obama's veto of the bill enabling families of 9/11 victims to sue the Saudi Arabian government.

Indicator of a growing strength in a more isolationist zeitgeist?
Heracleum Persicum

9/11 was an "inside job" .. to let ball rolling for what followed .. things were prepared since yrs for that

This "suing Saudi" just a scam to usurp all Arab money, fleece Arab Petro dollars

Saudi pretty much finished .. the smart Sheikhs have moved to London and NY .. the dum ones will sink with the ship .. Qaddafi, here we come

Interesting fenomena : Enemies of our beloved Persia, one by one, are eliminated by West/America .. First Afghan Taliban were wiped out by W. Bush, than Saddam pretty much hanged, than came Qaddafi and now Al Saud

And, the beauty of all this is, all "FREE OF CHARGE"

Looks like, West decided to hand ME to our beloved Persia, all with a clean sheet of paper

BTW , eliminating Sovereign immunity excellent news, now all those Chilean murdered by CIA order by Pinochet, and Iranian murdered by CIA order (all documents in foreign ministry) Mossadegh time can sue America and demand trillions of dollars

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

BTW , eliminating Sovereign immunity excellent news, now all those Chilean murdered by CIA order by Pinochet, and Iranian murdered by CIA order (all documents in foreign ministry) Mossadegh time can sue America and demand trillions of dollars
No change here. The US will be able to attach Saudi assets assuming the House follows through. SA owns recorded securities which can be electronically seized as well as US land based assets.

Chile and Iran (and others) have always been able to sue the US but it is moot because the US does not own Chilean or Iranian assets those countries can seize.

Being the world's reserve currency makes a big difference.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
No change here. The US will be able to attach Saudi assets assuming the House follows through. SA owns recorded securities which can be electronically seized as well as US land based assets.

Chile and Iran (and others) have always been able to sue the US but it is moot because the US does not own Chilean or Iranian assets those countries can seize.

Being the world's reserve currency makes a big difference.
Yeah the general idea is that the US State Dept doesn't want governments to by sued foreigners. It is not a international law. But just that they want what they want. With out any assets available to collect, there is not much point other than propaganda
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

EejwOLBHDxg
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Cuba’s revolutionary leader Fidel Castro (R) is seen during a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (L), in Havana, September 22, 2016.jpg

Are you sure that's not the Chinese dude, Who?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:EejwOLBHDxg
If Obama thinks this is the most embarrassing thing since 1983, then obviously he doesn't read the papers much.

He really should get out more.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:

:lol:
Hu's on first?
I know that "all Asians look the same", but it is Japan PM Abe. :wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | Poll: Active Military Members Have Had Quite Enough of Nation Building, Regime Change
U.S. military forces have been "ground down by 15 years of combat, the longest period of continuous conflict in American history" and "The country is employing its military at a rate it cannot sustain," the editors of Military Times write in an editorial published earlier this week.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

:lol:
Hu's on first?
I know that "all Asians look the same", but it is Japan PM Abe. :wink:
whats the difference between asians and racism ?

racism has many faces.
ultracrepidarian