Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Typhoon

Re: Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Post by Typhoon »

Carbizene wrote:
Typhoon wrote:His mate was clearly not a teabagger . . .

____

One can't help but wonder why so much deadly wildlife is concentrated Down Under.

My pet "Anne Elk" theory is that the longer species exist in some isolated and undisturbed ecosystem the longer they have to evolve ever more deadly defenses.
meh...America has more deadly species...we don't have anything like Grizzly Bears, Cougars, Jaguars, Lynx, Elephant Seals, Wolverines or Wolves, we have wild Dogs, Dingos, but they are harmless in comparison to a Timber Wolf.
Yes, but you have saltwater and freshwater crocodiles, sharks, jellyfish, more than your fair share of venomous snakes, funnel web spiders, cassowaries, and the gympie gympie stinging tree.
Carbizene wrote:I think the myth that Australia is exceptional in terms of dangerous species is a carefully crafted meme constructed by a particularly clever Department of Tourism bureaucrat in order to attract dumb Americans looking for 'danger'.
So smart Americans avoid Australia?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Post by monster_gardener »

monster_gardener wrote:
Carbizene wrote:
Typhoon wrote:His mate was clearly not a teabagger . . .

____

One can't help but wonder why so much deadly wildlife is concentrated Down Under.

My pet "Anne Elk" theory is that the longer species exist in some isolated and undisturbed ecosystem the longer they have to evolve ever more deadly defenses.
meh...America has more deadly species...we don't have anything like Grizzly Bears, Cougars, Jaguars, Lynx, Elephant Seals, Wolverines or Wolves, we have wild Dogs, Dingos, but they are harmless in comparison to a Timber Wolf.

I think the myth that Australia is exceptional in terms of dangerous species is a carefully crafted meme constructed by a particularly clever Department of Tourism bureaucrat in order to attract dumb Americans looking for 'danger'.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Carbizene.
in order to attract dumb Americans looking for 'danger'.
The ones that annoy and frighten me are the ones who try to bring the "adventure" back home ........ bring back all sorts of dangerous/invasive critters which they let loose when they find it inconvenient to keep or forget to latch a door...........

Here's one example.............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_Pythons_in_Florida

I imagine DOU can comment further.........

Breaking News! This Morning..........

Earl Pitts, UhMerikan, Spokesperson for Uz Rednecks commented on this agreeing with me about the pythons and the dimwits who import them......... Said that at least alligators are OUR worthless* reptile killers..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Pitts ... aracter%29

Which echos my thoughts that some Oz & African snakes (Black Mamba) make our Rattlesnakes seem like very good citizens .......

Worthy of being on the Flag :wink:

[img]
Don't Tread on Me.JPG
Don't Tread on Me.JPG (23.79 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
[/img]
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Typhoon wrote:
Yes, but you have saltwater and freshwater crocodiles, sharks, jellyfish, more than your fair share of venomous snakes, funnel web spiders, cassowaries, and the gympie gympie stinging tree.
lol...you think the US doesn't have sharks...there was this movie once.

The US has Alligators, Portugese Man-o-War, Black widows, 27 species of Rattlesnakes, Cottonmouth and Coral snakes and as for Cassowaries being deadly so are cars.
Carbizene wrote: So smart Americans avoid Australia?
The smart ones don't leave America due to embarassment as exemplified by the fact that a Fundamentalist like frothy Santorum is considered a serious chance.
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

explanation of the above for non australians.

our obama (krudd) just backstabbed our hillary (jooliar) after she backstabbed him and stole his job, so now our newt (mad monk abbot) is a contender.
hours of entertainment, just a shame they are meant to be running the cuntry rather than providing comic relief.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-23/g ... es/3847846
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-23/r ... es/3847838
ultracrepidarian
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

bet you a slab noddy there is zero interest and really can't blame anybody, it is all political trivia and lame arse machinations to its finest degree.

I sold my tv the other day as I was sick of hearing the endless merry go round of bullshit expressed by journalists too corrupt to actually talk of anything significant. It also represents how corrupt Australian politics has become when the Politicians themselves become the issue, not the issues they should be rectifying.

I see big ears more as a Santorum figure as he is not the slut that Newt is, more the Fundamentalist.

Both sides of Australian politics are owned by Abrahamites so at the end of the day we are ruled by people who are schizophrenic so it should be of little surprise it's so retarded.

I do think there is something to be said for labor being more corrupt than liberal, in SA there is a massive pointless project making a double storey highway where there is no need, not unlike the Palin bridge to nowhere. I think what drives labors corruption is a sense of well we won't get the cash and opportunity via the private school network so we will just cook the books. I went to the house of the SA minister of infrastructure and he had penfolds wine on tap in a million dollar house that was decorated like it fell out the back of a truck.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i wont be surprised if neither party can crack 50% at the next election.

and yes, i think most people will ignore it and get on with their lives, i always think that.. which is why i cant stand authoritarianism, best off leaving us at what we already do.

as for who is the most corrupt, i struggle to seperate them, moral panic versus economic incompetence... oh what choices.

since the "liberal" party is for authoritarian conservatives who cant stand freedom and the labour party is full of people who wouldnt know what work was if it slapped em, im thinking ill have to start the psycho big spending totalitarian party and test if this contrarian naming system holds true.

ultracrepidarian
monster_gardener

Carbizene wrote:bet you a slab noddy there is zero interest and really can't blame anybody, it is all political trivia and lame arse machinations to its finest degree.

I sold my tv the other day as I was sick of hearing the endless merry go round of bullshit expressed by journalists too corrupt to actually talk of anything significant. It also represents how corrupt Australian politics has become when the Politicians themselves become the issue, not the issues they should be rectifying.

I see big ears more as a Santorum figure as he is not the slut that Newt is, more the Fundamentalist.

Both sides of Australian politics are owned by Abrahamites so at the end of the day we are ruled by people who are schizophrenic so it should be of little surprise it's so retarded.

I do think there is something to be said for labor being more corrupt than liberal, in SA there is a massive pointless project making a double storey highway where there is no need, not unlike the Palin bridge to nowhere. I think what drives labors corruption is a sense of well we won't get the cash and opportunity via the private school network so we will just cook the books. I went to the house of the SA minister of infrastructure and he had penfolds wine on tap in a million dollar house that was decorated like it fell out the back of a truck.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Carbizene Carp.

In UZ, I'm sure he would be an Elephant :wink: / Republican.............

Think about it............ Disney character :wink: ,,,,,,,,,, that could fly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe an Elf or Vulcan .............. :wink:

Noddy wrote:
so now our newt (mad monk abbot) is a contender.
I'm not going to be Rasputin' you........... :wink:
Abbott is a socially conservative Catholic.[132][133] As a former Catholic seminarian, Abbott's religiosity has come to national attention and journalists have often sought his views on the role of religion in politics. Abbott says that a politician should not rely on religion to justify a political point of view:

“ We are all influenced by a value system that we hold, but in the end, every decision that a politician makes is, or at least should, in our society be based on the normal sorts of considerations. It's got to be publicly justifiable; not only justifiable in accordance with a private view; a private belief.[109]
Various of the political positions supported by Abbott have been criticised by church representatives, including aspects of Coalition industrial relations policy, asylum seeker and Aboriginal affairs policy.[134][135][136]
Various of the political positions supported by Abbott have been criticised by church representatives, including aspects of Coalition industrial relations policy, asylum seeker and Aboriginal affairs policy.[134][135][136] After criticisms of Liberal Party policy by clergy, Abbott has said: "The priesthood gives someone the power to consecrate bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ. It doesn't give someone the power to convert poor logic into good logic."[134]
:lol: :lol:

Looks like he doesn't always toe the Church/party line which in principle is good.............
monster_gardener

Rail Road Tracks.......................

noddy wrote:Image
Thank you Very Much for your post, Noddy.

WoW! Great pic.......

;) :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bet she'd like to tie him to some railroad tracks................

And vis versa..........

W8_Fm3XaTdI

This would never have happened in Canada :wink:

Dudley's horse if not Dudley himself would have rescued her............

But at least the horse tried :wink:

Start at 0:10..........

eHFt3XFDoC0

This one is even better........

Q83Jqd2h0Yg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Carbizene wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
lol...you think the US doesn't have sharks...there was this movie once.

The US has Alligators, Portugese Man-o-War, Black widows, 27 species of Rattlesnakes, Cottonmouth and Coral snakes and as for Cassowaries being deadly so are cars.
Good point.
Carbizene wrote:
So smart Americans avoid Australia?
The smart ones don't leave America due to embarassment as exemplified by the fact that a Fundamentalist like frothy Santorum is considered a serious chance.
Despite it's eccentricities, betting against the US has been a sucker's bet for 112 years at least. This will change one day, but when is anybody's guess.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

noddy wrote:

:lol:
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Typhoon wrote:
Despite it's eccentricities, betting against the US has been a sucker's bet for 112 years at least. This will change one day, but when is anybody's guess.
No doubt but something has changed within the US with stupidification being the preffered ether for sales and when McDonalds jobs become something to be treasured and held for those closest then an almost Medieval feudal system is present. This is also reflected in the massive disparity between CEO and average wages, thirty years ago it was 30 times larger now it is 350. The Industrial revolution is built on a premise of a fair days work/fair days pay and it is through this people are able to buy a place to live, so while some say the Industrial revolution is over which I don't agree with, there still has to be some sort of economic compact for all, otherwise it is just Feudalism.

One wonders of the true state of the US economy, 'printing' trillions of electro-dollars seems little more than Weimar to me and merrily hidden via tricky accounting practices.

One of things Marx did get right was the whole means of production now owned by China seems like a lock to me.

American dicking around with the TPSP in some sort of gambit of laying siege to China, note Brzezinski points out the TPSP military escalation in Oz, suggests America is still stuck in a 1850's model of Gunboat Economics, understandable as that was the good old days but not so much in terms of reality as expressed in the flat Earth of the wireless net.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Tony Jones asked the other day to a labour guy:

" I spoke privately to one of the most senior figures in the Labor Party today and his view is that the senior people in the Gillard camp have decided it'd be better to lose the next election under Julia Gillard than go back to Kevin Rudd. "

So Australian Labor dicks would rather have four years of big ears self loathing and prosthelytising than deal with Rudd, this is how nuts it is here polticians would rather lose power because of personal applecarts and sects being upset.
noddy

Post by noddy »

monster_gardener wrote: In UZ, I'm sure he would be an Elephant :wink: / Republican.............

Think about it............ Disney character :wink: ,,,,,,,,,, that could fly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe an Elf or Vulcan .............. :wink:

Noddy wrote:
so now our newt (mad monk abbot) is a contender.
I'm not going to be Rasputin' you........... :wink:
Abbott is a socially conservative Catholic.[132][133] As a former Catholic seminarian, Abbott's religiosity has come to national attention and journalists have often sought his views on the role of religion in politics. Abbott says that a politician should not rely on religion to justify a political point of view:

“ We are all influenced by a value system that we hold, but in the end, every decision that a politician makes is, or at least should, in our society be based on the normal sorts of considerations. It's got to be publicly justifiable; not only justifiable in accordance with a private view; a private belief.[109]
Various of the political positions supported by Abbott have been criticised by church representatives, including aspects of Coalition industrial relations policy, asylum seeker and Aboriginal affairs policy.[134][135][136]
Various of the political positions supported by Abbott have been criticised by church representatives, including aspects of Coalition industrial relations policy, asylum seeker and Aboriginal affairs policy.[134][135][136] After criticisms of Liberal Party policy by clergy, Abbott has said: "The priesthood gives someone the power to consecrate bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ. It doesn't give someone the power to convert poor logic into good logic."[134]
:lol: :lol:

Looks like he doesn't always toe the Church/party line which in principle is good.............
hah, this is why i actually dont like/trust him, he is a populist and doesnt have any principles... he is very tribal and tends to attack the other side on all issues just because its them doing it rather than being consistent about the "why".

So Australian Labor dicks would rather have four years of big ears self loathing and prosthelytising than deal with Rudd, this is how nuts it is here polticians would rather lose power because of personal applecarts and sects being upset.
labour is dead man walking no matter what they do, so its all just waiting for the next election... they wont get the independants again because those independants will never get a seat again and they will continue to bleed lefties to the greens... they have completely confused and alienated their working base with a whole bunch of contradictory nonsense

eg: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-29/s ... ut/3858738 from the same party that says global warming is the issue of our generation and manufacturing should be paying more taxes... how effing stupid.

the only reason the liberals arent a dead set certainty is because of abbot.. even though im his target audience and i despise the labour/green coalition, i really struggle to convince myself to vote for him...too populist, too fear driven.
ultracrepidarian
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Bet you a $1000 big ears waltzs in with Labor disappearing even further up it's own butt in a fit of denial.
noddy

Post by noddy »

its his to lose but if anyone can put their foot in their mouth and pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, its ole big ears.

ill take up your bet but only in noddian dollars, they deflate at 10% pa and ill repay you at 1% pa.... a state of the art combination of the best of the american and european systems :P
ultracrepidarian
monster_gardener

Big Ears:More like ReThugLickan Dumbo or DemonRat JackAss Do

noddy wrote:its his to lose but if anyone can put their foot in their mouth and pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, its ole big ears.

ill take up your bet but only in noddian dollars, they deflate at 10% pa and ill repay you at 1% pa.... a state of the art combination of the best of the american and european systems :P
Thank you Very Much for your post, Noddy
its his to lose but if anyone can put their foot in their mouth and pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, its ole big ears.
Then the question is whether Big Ears is More like a ReThugLickan Dumbo Elephant............

Or a DemonRat JackAss Donkey ..............

Both have big ears...........

Hoof 'n Mouth Disease........... Hmmmmnnnn.......... Both can get it ............... Sometimes has good side effect......... Tell the truth occasionally as with Veep Joe Biden...........

Sometimes amusing as with Present Dunce :wink: Obama...... Naval Medical Zombie Corpsemen ;) :lol: .... 57 States of UZ :wink: ..... :o :shock: wait a minute......... maybe this was a moment of truth too :wink: ............ Carbizene talks about Oz :wink: being a State of UZ :wink: ............. Who are the others ???? *

*My Guesses: Oz, Israel, Puerto Rico, Panama, South Korea, England, Canada, Mexico....Maybe NZ...... Hmmmmn one or more too many....................... Just Joking .................. Mostly anyway............ In any case except for PR these states have Congress Critters and SeNutters :wink: In-Congrous :wink:
Last edited by monster_gardener on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

How is the property market Down Under?

I recall plots showing the it was an even larger bubble than the US on a per-capita basis.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

noddy wrote:its his to lose but if anyone can put their foot in their mouth and pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, its ole big ears.

A rubber chicken could beat Dullard, people expect BE's to eat his foot.

I love how Dullard broadens her Oztralian speek when she is really trying to reach the people, genuflecting commie.

Do you work for Goldman Sachs?
Carbizene

Re: Big Ears:More like ReThugLickan Dumbo or DemonRat JackAs

Post by Carbizene »

monster_gardener wrote: *My Guesses: Oz, Israel, Puerto Rico, Panama, South Korea, England, Canada, Mexico....Maybe NZ...... Hmmmmn one or more too many....................... Just Joking .................. Mostly anyway............ In any case except for PR these states have Congress Critters and SeNutters :wink: In-Congrous :wink:
Definitely NZ after the Kim Dotcom roll over and Sweden after the arrest of Pirate bay founders... plus all the bitches that have signed TPSP..so the numbers of new states keep climbing until the wall of China and the Federation of Russia is hit and then the crying starts.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Typhoon wrote:How is the property market Down Under?

I recall plots showing the it was an even larger bubble than the US on a per-capita basis.
The bubble has slightly deflated to pre-crash US levels.

Our bubble has the air pump of China, we like to believe. Of course our economy is run by a Cartel of 4 banks with a vested interest in high real estate prices.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Carbizene wrote:
Typhoon wrote:How is the property market Down Under?

The bubble has slightly deflated to pre-crash US levels.

Our bubble has the air pump of China, we like to believe. Of course our economy is run by a Cartel of 4 banks with a vested interest in high real estate prices.
its stopped going up but hasnt really deflated as yet.

its powered by many things but the mining boom is the big one, combined with a government that keeps a very tight grip on the land releases so that the supply is always a tad less than the demand.

the question is when its going to crash...my prediction is a double whammy of baby boomers retiring and then selling their investment properties combined with a slowdown in mining.

this will happen sometime within the next 5 years.
ultracrepidarian
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

I'm looking forward to the bombing of I-ran to form a alliance between Russia and China when they realise just how unhinged the New Abrahamites are. I think one of the first acts will be for China to buy all its steel and coal from Russia..sayonara bubble..sayonara Australia, get used to feeling like a Thai hooker.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

I think Dumbo may get in, eventually; but he'll only get one term, if that.
ill take up your bet but only in noddian dollars, they deflate at 10% pa and ill repay you at 1% pa....
Oy vey!
a state of the art combination of the best of the american and european systems :P
cultivate a white rose