COVID-19 and Other Pandemics | Anarchy in the USA

This too shall pass.
crashtech66

Re: COVID-19 and Other Pandemics | Anarchy in the USA

Post by crashtech66 »

So, no? Oh, well.
Time will tell. Hopefully we still have a significant control group to help determine the long term consequences of this experiment.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

crashtech66 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:55 am So, no? Oh, well.
Time will tell. Hopefully we still have a significant control group to help determine the long term consequences of this experiment.
The problem is not the data. The problem is the propaganda masters are still stifling research and lying to the public. People are being ridiculed by for mentioning the evidence.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:39 am
The problem is not the data. The problem is the propaganda masters are still stifling research results and lying to the public. People are being ridiculed by for mentioning the evidence.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

The problem is not the data. The problem is the propaganda masters are still stifling research and lying to the public. People are being ridiculed by for mentioning the evidence.
Some endure ridicule better than others. I have discovered to my own dismay that with age I seem to be becoming even more thin-skinned about some things, when I had always dreamed the reverse would be true. Also dismaying are those who seem able to detect the slightest of institutional capture in one discipline, but can't seem to even imagine it in another. Particularly pernicious in the case of the medical establishment is when profits conflict so directly with the well-being of the populace. This is an inversion, a perversion of the market forces that have done the West so much good. This is likely what makes it more difficult to detect, much less root out.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Myocarditis occurring ONLY in the vaccinated. No increase in disease patients.

https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/11/8/2219/htm

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:17 pm
Some endure ridicule better than others. I have discovered to my own dismay that with age I seem to be becoming even more thin-skinned about some things, when I had always dreamed the reverse would be true. Also dismaying are those who seem able to detect the slightest of institutional capture in one discipline, but can't seem to even imagine it in another. Particularly pernicious in the case of the medical establishment is when profits conflict so directly with the well-being of the populace. This is an inversion, a perversion of the market forces that have done the West so much good. This is likely what makes it more difficult to detect, much less root out.
I just received this via email yesterday. It does not effect me directly, as I no longer have a John Hopkins doctor. However I have been seeing stuff about how health insurance is being cancelled by insurance companies based on anything they can find. To get rid of patients more likely to cost more money. Even with ACA policies that require no pre-exisiting conditions go uncovered.
Dear Patient or Guardian,
Because you are a patient at Johns Hopkins Medicine, your health is our highest priority. That is why we need to let you know that your Johns Hopkins doctors, nurses and caregivers may have to leave the CareFirst network as soon as December 5, 2022. As a result, CareFirst may cover less, or none, of the care you receive at Johns Hopkins starting on December 5, 2022, leaving you to pay more to see your doctors, nurses and caregivers. This letter provides more information about this possible change and what you should do.

Why is this happening?

What CareFirst pays Johns Hopkins’ doctors, nurses and other caregivers has not kept up with inflation. In fact, what CareFirst pays for care is lower than what most other area insurance companies pay. It is very hard for Johns Hopkins, or any health care system, to provide world-class care at the rates we are currently paid by CareFirst.

What do patients need to know?

We don’t want any of our patients to lose insurance coverage for their care, and we are doing everything we can to reach a fair agreement with CareFirst before the December deadline. While we negotiate to stay in the CareFirst network, we want to make sure that we answer all of your questions and provide you with the resources you need.

• For additional details about these potential changes to CareFirst’s coverage and answers to common questions, please look at the frequently asked questions (FAQs) that accompany this letter. You can also visit Hopkinsmedicine.org/CareFirstCoverage for the latest information on this topic.

• If you want to speak to someone to understand whether these potential changes to CareFirst’s coverage could impact you, we have set up a special call center at 443-997-0549. The call center will be open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. You can also contact CareFirst directly at the customer service number located on the back of your CareFirst health insurance card.

We don’t want anything to come between you and the caregivers you rely on. Our hope is that your Johns Hopkins doctors and nurses can stay in the CareFirst network, and that there is no impact on the cost of care you receive.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Aggressive Measures, Rising Inequalities and Mass Formation During the COVID-19 Crisis: An Overview and Proposed Way Forward

Frontiers in Public Health, Forthcoming

79 Pages Posted: 6 Jun 2022 Last revised: 8 Aug 2022

Michaéla Schippers
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) - Department of Technology and Operations Management

John P. A. Ioannidis
Stanford University - Meta-Research Innovation Center at Stanford (METRICS)

Ari Joffe
University of Alberta - Stollery Children's Hospital; John Dossetor Health Ethics Center, University of Alberta

Date Written: May 24, 2022

Abstract
A series of aggressive restrictive measures around the world were adopted in 2020-2022 to attempt to prevent SARS-CoV-2 from spreading. However, it has become increasingly clear that an important negative side-effect of the most aggressive (lockdown) response strategies may involve a steep increase in poverty, hunger, and inequalities. Several economic, educational and health repercussions have not only fallen disproportionately on children, students, and young workers, but also and especially so on low-income families, ethnic minorities, and women, exacerbating existing inequalities. For several groups with pre-existing inequalities (gender, socio-economic and racial), the inequality gaps widened. Educational and financial security decreased, while domestic violence surged. Dysfunctional families were forced to spend more time with each other, and there has been growing unemployment and loss of purpose in life. This has led to a vicious cycle of rising inequalities and health issues. In the current narrative and scoping review, we describe macro-dynamics that are taking place as a result of aggressive public health policies and psychological tactics to influence public behavior, such as mass formation and crowd behavior. Coupled with the effect of inequalities, we describe how these factors can interact towards aggravating ripple effects. In light of evidence regarding the health, economic and social costs, that likely far outweigh potential benefits, the authors suggest that, first, where applicable, aggressive lockdown policies should be reversed and their re-adoption in the future should be avoided. If measures are needed, these should be non-disruptive. Second, it is important to assess dispassionately the damage done by aggressive measures and offer ways to alleviate the burden and long-term effects. Third, the structures in place that have led to counterproductive policies, should be assessed and ways should be sought to optimize decision-making, such as counteracting groupthink and increasing the level of reflexivity. Finally, a package of scalable positive psychology interventions is suggested to counteract the damage done and improve future prospects for humanity.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:26 pm

CDC four weeks ago admitted that they very publicly screwed the pooch on the way they handled the COVID pandemic concerning Test Data and communications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g26ZtHpHlVM

g26ZtHpHlVM

Today a Facebook exec testified before congress that Facebook colluded and conspired with the CDC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT6poJns9mQ

OT6poJns9mQ

So "Follow the science" is just a dog whistle for "Say and do what the government tells you to".

IE NOT SCEINCE but rather basing public health care decisions opinion "on polarized parochial politics, tribalism, and histrionic mainstream and social media posts by charlatans and opportunists. polarized parochial politics, tribalism, and histrionic mainstream and social media posts by charlatans and opportunists."

COVID has become the new global warming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WnuA1Ac79Y

0WnuA1Ac79Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcqfgIPHzDI

lcqfgIPHzDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ICBBK-d-C0

But hey it pays well if say one is on the Vaccination board. Or a NIH government researcher at large. You won the $193 million dollar lottery, via royalists from the drug companies. The more vaccines and drugs sold by Big Pharma the more money they get. And DR Fauci knows better than to tell who at NIH has benefitted big bucks from the drug trade.

3ICBBK-d-C0

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

x0u8jWMluSk
Doc

Post by Doc »

VAERS data on covid vaccine adverse effects

https://openvaers.com/covid-data

VAERS reported deaths 1990 to 2022:
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-63080543
What is Ebola and why is Uganda's outbreak so serious?
By Anne Soy
Senior Africa correspondent

Published
19 hours ago

Health workers are at risk from treating Ebola patients
An outbreak of Ebola in Uganda is proving more difficult to deal with than more recent epidemics, but the president has rejected calls for a lockdown.

So far 31 cases have been confirmed, though it is feared that there could be many more.

What is Ebola?
It is a deadly virus with initial symptoms which can include a sudden fever, intense weakness, muscle pain and a sore throat.

Subsequent stages can include vomiting, diarrhoea and - in some cases - both internal and external bleeding, known as haemorrhaging.

The incubation period can last from two days to three weeks. Ebola can be associated with other illnesses such as malaria and typhoid.

Why is this outbreak so serious?
The fact that it was three weeks before the first case was detected on 20 September has caused concern.

Ebola spreads between humans by direct contact with bodily fluids and contaminated environments. Funerals can be a particular risk if mourners have direct contact with the body.

Most of the 31 cases identified are in Uganda's central district of Mubende, of whom six people have died.

However, the death toll may be higher. The health ministry says there were 18 deaths, linked to confirmed cases, where burials took place before they could be tested.

The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates the fatality rate is between 41% and 100%.

Is there a vaccine?
Another concern is that this is the Sudan strain of Ebola, for which there is no approved vaccine, unlike the more common Zaire strain.

This means there has been no vaccination of health workers, who account for six of the confirmed cases.

Someone being vaccinated against Ebola in Ivory Coast
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Ebola vaccines developed in the last few years have not been tested on the Sudan strain
The Zaire strain was responsible for the largest ever outbreak of Ebola, in West Africa from December 2013 to 2016. More than 11,000 people died.

With more than 28,000 cases in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, scientists carried out intensive research into Ebola vaccines.

Two years after that epidemic ended, the then unlicensed Ervebo vaccine, developed by Merck, was used during an outbreak of the Zaire strain in the west of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

It was granted clearance by the WHO, which said it had limited infections and saved lives.

A second vaccine by Johnson & Johnson has since been approved for use by the European Medicines Agency.

But neither of these vaccines has been tested against the Sudan strain.

Nonetheless Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni said his government was exploring whether it was worth trying them.

How is Uganda dealing with the outbreak?
The focus is on contact tracing - finding those who have been in close proximity with patients, especially those who attended the community funerals.

A 51-bed treatment facility is operational in Mubende district, the epicentre of the outbreak. A second facility is due to be set up soon.

President Museveni said two mobile laboratories would be sent to Mubende by Friday, so that people would not have to travel for tests and risk spreading the virus.

Medics have expressed concern about the lack of adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves and masks. They have also called for the affected region to be put under quarantine.

However, President Museveni ruled out restrictions, saying: "Ebola is not spread like corona[virus]" as it is not an airborne disease.

He said markets, schools and places of worship would remain open, but urged people to observe personal hygiene and avoid close contact.

How does Ebola spread?
Ebola jumps to humans from infected animals, such as chimpanzees, fruit bats and forest antelope.

Bushmeat - wild forest animals hunted for human consumption - is thought to be the natural reservoir of the virus.

It then spreads between humans by direct contact with contaminated bodily fluids - blood, saliva, vomit, semen, vaginal discharge, urine, faeces and sweat.

Men who have recovered from Ebola have also been found to harbour the virus in their semen for a period after recovery.

What precautions can be taken?
To prevent infection, health professionals advise avoiding contact with cases, including stopping shaking hands, washing hands with soap and water and cleaning surfaces with chlorinated water.

It is also important to isolate cases and their contacts. Countries usually set up holding centres for suspected cases and treatment centres for laboratory-confirmed cases.

Someone in Uganda looking at an Ebola poster
IMAGE SOURCE,EPA
Image caption,
Quarantines have been ruled out
In eastern DR Congo, which borders Uganda, survivors of Ebola played a key role in providing care for infected patients as it has been established that they cannot be re-infected.

However, medical teams must wear full PPE when attending to cases to prevent infection.

Bodies, in a body bag, must be buried by those wearing proper PPE. More recent innovations have included having body bags with clear covers around the face to enable families to view the body safely before burial.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... tions.html
The lockdown effect: Record numbers of children are being hospitalized with colds after their immunity was weakened by social distancing and masks, CDC report reveals
Record number of tests on inpatients under 18 years old picked up a common virus in August last year
The level was comparable only to December in previous years, when it has also crossed the 50 per cent mark
Scientists warned the sharp rise was likely down to lockdowns weakening immunity among children
By LUKE ANDREWS HEALTH REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 16:05 EDT, 6 October 2022 | UPDATED: 10:39 EDT, 7 October 2022

ore children and young people are being hospitalized with colds and respiratory problems than ever after the Covid pandemic, official data suggests.

Experts have repeatedly warned lockdowns and measures used to contain Covid like face masks also suppressed the spread of germs which are crucial for building a strong immune system in children.

A retrospective report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today showed levels of common cold viruses hit their highest level ever among under-18s in August 2021.

The CDC samples random pediatric hospitals across the US and makes national estimates to gauge how prevalent viruses are.

There were nearly 700 children in hospital sick with a respiratory virus across the seven wards studied in August last year, of which just over half had tested positive for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) - which is normally benign.

This was the highest levels ever recorded in summer, and came off the back of a year and a half of brutal pandemic restrictions forcing many to stay indoors.

The record all-time high is in December, when 60 per cent of children on wards with respiratory illnesses were infected with RSV.

While the report only looked at August 2021, separate data from the CDC indicates that hospital visits for children under four years old with respiratory problems may be getting worse.

In the week ending September 18 this year, of all emergency department visits for toddlers 4.7 per cent were for breathing difficulties across the US — a record high.

Dr Scott Roberts, a medical director at Yale University, today told DailyMail.com that lockdowns robbed children of the chance to build up immunity to common bugs.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Makes sense. Zero germs, too much “hygiene” can leed to auto-immune diseases. As is I believe proven with eczema and asthma. If during childhood we are not exposed too enough dirt, problems arise later on.

The interesting analogy between our immune systems and how societies deal with out-group influence. Strangers.. immigrants et-al. “Xenophobia” seems to me the natural ground state of an immune system. Never trust anybody ringing your door bell, until you are convinced s/he is harmless or useful. “Ah , it’s you! Come in!”, or instead: “Who de F are you.. what do you want? My money, steal my stuff? Get the F outahere Bro. Police is on its way.”

It is either successfully block the intruder from entry, kill it after it sneaked in, integrate and absorb it, or make the relationship reciprocal when a win-win available. All kinds of bacteria and viruses live inside our bodies as reciprocal business partners. Kill them, and we’d die too.

The ruling Han Chinese class seems extremely afraid of germs. They not only engage in Zero Covid, but also want to extinguish all non-Han threats. If you want to find systemic racism go to China.

Hitler was very afraid of and disgusted by “Jewish dirt”. History shows that extreme fear of dirt and germs leads to rogue auto-immune disease with obsessive compulsive disorders emerge in its slipstream. The Nazi salut is a good example of a ritualistic behavior that is part of an ideological OCD.
Last edited by Parodite on Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Maybe the Nazi salute was just an armpit check.

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:30 pm Maybe the Nazi salute was just an armpit check.
From now on, every time we see them, no more nice stylish Nazi saluts.. just armpit checks :( You ruined it!
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Sniff heil!

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

In the USA business buys politics. This gain of function scandal is just another example. A bit unfortunate it killed ~ 18 million people, but it is possible to get away with murder of course. If you have the right connections.

Historically it has been the GOP who was best at diverting attention from evil-doing dirty corporations to evil doing dirty-government. The Repubs have been thoroughly brainwashed to never trust GVT (itself a good idea of course) while always turning a blind eye to free market enterprise. After all, making money is an honorable activity and part of the American dream. The enemy is not business but government. The truth being that neither can be trusted of course. All centers of power need to be held to account and pruned if not slain, chopped to pieces before they go monopolistically rogue.

The GOP "forgot" to embrace and amplify the issues and concerns that the traditionally left Democrat party took ownership of before it went corrupt, woke-and-crazy: the environment, social fairness, how/what safety nets, civil rights while keeping a hawk-eye on big business and their monopolistic, corrupt tendencies. Especially: how to keep government out of the lobbying pockets of big business, closing revolving doors between gvt, burocratic deep state swamp and big corp.

Not to mention the completely corrupt financial industry of bankster gangsters, especially the investment banker prankster thugs who managed to kill the Glass-Steagall act, turning the whole world economy in a casino that is kept afloat by just one big bubble of printed money, speculation and derivative poo. Capitalizing gains but socializing losses. Ponzi thuggery.

Hindenburg Inc. Printed money plus derivative dog-poo, the perfect hybrid hydrogen-dung fuel for its destruction.

Now that the Dems have completely lost their mind and abandoned their traditional role in society, the question is if the GOP can pick it all up. Like a single parent. It doesn't look the they can nor really want to. A little bit of that emerges, but it is all too little too late for the GOP.

Nothing will change. Fauci won’t go to jail, nor his other US accomplices in this gain of function scandal. The Chinese are corrupt by default and behave as expected. The CCP is a criminal syndicate, as is the kleptocratic Putin LLC gang. Do business with those mobsters and snakes long enough: one day you get bitten and pay the price. Oh, but wait, it is not them getting bitten and pay the price. That is the rest of us.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:58 pm In the USA business buys politics. This gain of function scandal is just another example. A bit unfortunate it killed ~ 18 million people, but it is possible to get away with murder of course. If you have the right connections.

Historically it has been the GOP who was best at diverting attention from evil-doing dirty corporations to evil doing dirty-government. The Repubs have been thoroughly brainwashed to never trust GVT (itself a good idea of course) while always turning a blind eye to free market enterprise. After all, making money is an honorable activity and part of the American dream. The enemy is not business but government. The truth being that neither can be trusted of course. All centers of power need to be held to account and pruned if not slain, chopped to pieces before they go monopolistically rogue.

The GOP "forgot" to embrace and amplify the issues and concerns that the traditionally left Democrat party took ownership of before it went corrupt, woke-and-crazy: the environment, social fairness, how/what safety nets, civil rights while keeping a hawk-eye on big business and their monopolistic, corrupt tendencies. Especially: how to keep government out of the lobbying pockets of big business, closing revolving doors between gvt, burocratic deep state swamp and big corp.

Not to mention the completely corrupt financial industry of bankster gangsters, especially the investment banker prankster thugs who managed to kill the Glass-Steagall act, turning the whole world economy in a casino that is kept afloat by just one big bubble of printed money, speculation and derivative poo. Capitalizing gains but socializing losses. Ponzi thuggery.

Hindenburg Inc. Printed money plus derivative dog-poo, the perfect hybrid hydrogen-dung fuel for its destruction.

Now that the Dems have completely lost their mind and abandoned their traditional role in society, the question is if the GOP can pick it all up. Like a single parent. It doesn't look the they can nor really want to. A little bit of that emerges, but it is all too little too late for the GOP.

Nothing will change. Fauci won’t go to jail, nor his other US accomplices in this gain of function scandal. The Chinese are corrupt by default and behave as expected. The CCP is a criminal syndicate, as is the kleptocratic Putin LLC gang. Do business with those mobsters and snakes long enough: one day you get bitten and pay the price. Oh, but wait, it is not them getting bitten and pay the price. That is the rest of us.
You get what you pay for. Unless of course it is taxes.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Life expectdncy.jpeg
Life expectdncy.jpeg (33.14 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:09 pm
Actually, I agree! :)

Maybe We-da-People should enforce a paradigm shift. Instead of voting for Political-Party Tribe-Church A or B ( C, D..), we should just vote on taxation: how much exactly goes to what exactly. I like a simple, stable, predictable relatively low flat tax on everything under all circumstances, except during natural disasters or war. Precondition of course is that the bankster-gangster-gambler-pranksters are removed from the playing field and locked up in federal-casino-prisons where they can play high-risk Ponzi with their own money all day, not ours.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:56 am
Doc wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:09 pm
Actually, I agree! :)

Maybe We-da-People should enforce a paradigm shift. Instead of voting for Political-Party Tribe-Church A or B ( C, D..), we should just vote on taxation: how much exactly goes to what exactly. I like a simple, stable, predictable relatively low flat tax on everything under all circumstances, except during natural disasters or war. Precondition of course is that the bankster-gangster-gambler-pranksters are removed from the playing field and locked up in federal-casino-prisons where they can play high-risk Ponzi with their own money all day, not ours.
Literally your tax dollars at work:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... -rate.html

This is playing with fire - it could spark a lab-generated pandemic': Experts slam Boston lab where scientists have created a new deadly Covid strain with an 80% kill rate
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:31 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoqjESsau8c

KoqjESsau8c
OK so a group of scientists using gain of function made a new virus combination with a much higher transmission rate than the original COVID virus, that only kills 80 % of those it infects, and the more deadly original

The funny thing is that the Boston Herald does not actually have a pay wall that I can see

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/10/17 ... n-on-mice/
Boston University COVID researchers combine omicron spike protein with original virus, test strain on mice

While the omicron variant caused mice to experience mild infections, the combined omicron and original strain had a mortality rate of 80%. (NIAID-RML/AP)

By RICK SOBEY | rick.sobey@bostonherald.com | Boston Herald
PUBLISHED: October 17, 2022 at 7:05 p.m. | UPDATED: October 18, 2022 at 8:37 a.m.
Boston University COVID researchers have combined the omicron variant spike protein with the original virus, testing the created strain on mice “to help fight against future pandemics,” according to BU.

The scientists in BU’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories found that all mice infected with only the BA.1 omicron variant had mild cases and survived, while the combined omicron spike protein with original COVID-19 virus strain inflicted severe disease with an 80% mortality rate.

When mice were infected with just the original, ancestral virus strain, 100% of the mice died.

“First, this research is not gain-of-function research, meaning it did not amplify the Washington state SARS-COV-2 virus strain (original virus from 2020) or make it more dangerous,” BU said in a statement following online reports that the university called “false and inaccurate.”

“In fact, this research made the virus replicate less dangerous,” the university added.

{/quote]

Hmmm You take a virus that is more deadly but relatively not so transmissible and combine it with a virus that is relatively less deadly but transmits much more rapidly and that is not gain of function. Interesting theory...
This study provides important insights into omicron’s ability to cause disease, according to the researchers.

“Consistent with studies published by others, this work shows that it is not the spike protein that drives Omicron pathogenicity, but instead other viral proteins,” said lead study author Mohsan Saeed.

“Determination of those proteins will lead to better diagnostics and disease management strategies,” Saeed said.

“Furthermore, this research mirrors and reinforces the findings of other, similar research performed by other organizations, including the FDA,” BU said. >>like in Wuhan I suppose<< “Ultimately, this research will provide a public benefit by leading to better, targeted therapeutic interventions to help fight against future pandemics.”

The study did not include humanized mice.

“One potential limitation of our study is the use of K18-hACE2 mice for pathogenesis studies instead of the primate models that have more similarities with humans,” the study reads. “It should however be noted that the K18-hACE2 mouse model is a well-established model for investigating the lethal phenotype of SARS-CoV-2.”
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Bubonic Express on Steroids

The actual Boston research paper:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

I haven't been in the mood yet to try figure out what the reality was here; if the original Wuhan virus initially killed 100% of mice or 0%. Crucial difference! If it was 100% and then went to 80% kill rate, or from 0% to 80% kill rate. From 0% to 80% would indeed be not just playing with fire, but potentially killing billions of people. Imagine that. Irresponsible, outrageous. Time for jail time!

If it turns out indeed a case of 100% to 80% kill rate instead, then that is only relatively better news and still pretty bad. It is unknown how such a new virus would behave if it escaped. Maybe we all did build up enough immunity against the original Wuhan virus by now to not get seriously sick even if we get it. With the Omicron spike protein it would of course spread very fast. But that wouldn't matter if only very few people would get very sick because of it.

I find this all too depressing. Our governments fail us completely. Of course this was also gain of function research. And it is playing with fire.
Now that tens of new labs are being built around the world where various irresponsible morons will continue organizing and playing with this type of fire, it seems only a matter of time before some major pandemic gets us all on our knees and buried.