Republicans | What are they good for?

Typhoon

Re: Republicans | What are they good for?

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Donald Trump is what comes after the GOP's claim to the mantles of national defense, free markets and traditional values are demonstrated to be frauds and failures
Trump sort of turns the stool upside down and has each GOP faction drop their pants and sit on one of the legs.
Very good.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:So how are things going in Romania these days?
Same as things will be in West Virginia pretty soon. Multinationals are doing a brisk trade, the banks are growing fat, the average worker is paid 300 euros per month and is unlikely to draw a decent pension.
YMix,

We kept the Joos from taking over Appalachia by advertising that there's a rifle behind every blade of grass, and behind every sheep and goat is a redneck inbred with a heat seeking missile. The trick is to make occupation difficult and expensive. Just like some of the big cities......

As the Striners say "Worked the treat!"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Donald Trump is what comes after the GOP's claim to the mantles of national defense, free markets and traditional values are demonstrated to be frauds and failures
Trump sort of turns the stool upside down and has each GOP faction drop their pants and sit on one of the legs.
Very good.
Trumpaphobia.
Censorship isn't necessary
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Very good.
Trumpaphobia.
You're missing the point, P. Slow down and go beyond the one word reactionary boasting posting. Trump is going to win the election and the control of the GOP. The man is involved in a hostile takeover of a GOP oligarchy who have not been practicing what they preach.

The Adelson, Bush & Koch controlled GOP promised national defense but delivered failed wars and "misplaced" trillions in defense funds. They promised free markets but gave the big banks free taxpayer money and expanded crony capitalism. They promised family values but destroyed families with lies, war and poverty.

Read the Reagan era GOP players like PCR, Buchanan, Stockman and Wanta. Bush 1 glimpsed Reagan's 'Morning in America' and immediately pulled down the window shades.

Trump is preening and greedy but he is also mostly honest. He should do an ok job as President, but he will definitely do an outstanding job of serving Adelson, Bush, Koch etc. their asses on a silver platter. He will personally control the GOP for the next eight years, and the wannabe candidates know it.

That's why they are so circumspect in their criticism. They need to stay off Trump's enemies list, because he is going to control their fates.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:He will personally control the GOP for the next eight years, and the wannabe candidates know it.
Not necessarily. It's not nearly the first time that a party establishment takes on a troublesome newcomer. If the GOP supermajority refused to cooperate with Trump, what could happen? The party would lose the next election to their buddies in the Democratic establishment. Remember Boies Penrose:
"Yes, but I'll preside over the ruins." — Boies Penrose's reply to a Republican Party reformer's accusation that Penrose was ruining the party's prospects for victory (and the reformer's chances for dominance over the party's apparatus) by putting up a slate of candidates who were stand-pat party hacks with no chance of winning.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Trump,
Middle America’s Messenger

America is saying, “Goodbye to all that.”

For Trump is not only a candidate. He is a messenger from Middle America. And the message he is delivering to the establishment is: We want an end to your policies and we want an end to you.

If the elites think they can not only deny Trump the nomination, but turn back this revolution and re-establish themselves in the esteem of the people, they delude themselves.

This is hubris of a high order.

Joe was lied to, he had it

Real alternative is Trump and Sanders

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:He will personally control the GOP for the next eight years, and the wannabe candidates know it.
Not necessarily. It's not nearly the first time that a party establishment takes on a troublesome newcomer. If the GOP supermajority refused to cooperate with Trump, what could happen? The party would lose the next election to their buddies in the Democratic establishment. Remember Boies Penrose:
"Yes, but I'll preside over the ruins." — Boies Penrose's reply to a Republican Party reformer's accusation that Penrose was ruining the party's prospects for victory (and the reformer's chances for dominance over the party's apparatus) by putting up a slate of candidates who were stand-pat party hacks with no chance of winning.
Elections are a state process. Primaries are not democratic and are run by closely held private corporate entities, but they do wish we would ignore that fact. A GOP member has influence equal to a Sam's Club or AAA member.

Corporate gamesmanship is what Trump does for a living. One should not ignore that fact.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: You're missing the point, P. Slow down and go beyond the one word reactionary boasting posting. Trump is going to win the election and the control of the GOP. The man is involved in a hostile takeover of a GOP oligarchy
It's not hostile. It's going very easily.
who have not been practicing what they preach.
It's not that. It's that they failed to deliver. So time for them to go.
The Adelson, Bush & Koch controlled GOP promised national defense but delivered failed wars and "misplaced" trillions in defense funds. They promised free markets but gave the big banks free taxpayer money and expanded crony capitalism. They promised family values but destroyed families with lies, war and poverty.
Not exactly. It's that the above mentioned fumbled the government into the hands of your people who have delivered us into endless war, lies and poverty.
Read the Reagan era GOP players like PCR, Buchanan, Stockman and Wanta. Bush 1 glimpsed Reagan's 'Morning in America' and immediately pulled down the window shades.

Trump is preening and greedy but he is also mostly honest. He should do an ok job as President, but he will definitely do an outstanding job of serving Adelson, Bush, Koch etc. their asses on a silver platter.
And the entire Democrat party. It's going to be great.
He will personally control the GOP for the next eight years, and the wannabe candidates know it.
Absolutely. Bill Kristol, David Brooks, Stephen Hayes, can be added to the list of people who will be put out of work.
That's why they are so circumspect in their criticism. They need to stay off Trump's enemies list, because he is going to control their fates.
Too late. Not only will the left wing establishment be eliminated (along with leftism itself) but the GOP ranks will be cleansed. It's going to be great.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote: Not necessarily. It's not nearly the first time that a party establishment takes on a troublesome newcomer. If the GOP supermajority refused to cooperate with Trump, what could happen?
We'll vote in new people in the primaries.
The party would lose the next election to their buddies in the Democratic establishment. Remember Boies Penrose:
No.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote: You're missing the point, P. Slow down and go beyond the one word reactionary boasting posting. Trump is going to win the election and the control of the GOP. The man is involved in a hostile takeover of a GOP oligarchy
It's not hostile. It's going very easily.
Totally hostile. Adelson and the Kochs are in total retreat, and Trump is sodomizing the Bush clan. If Trump presses the Bush II corrupt & inept response to 9/11 the entire GOP will squeal like a pig.
who have not been practicing what they preach.
Mr. Perfect wrote:It's not that. It's that they failed to deliver. So time for them to go.
Failed hypocrites and traitors. "Losers". Face it, P. We were betrayed.
Mr. Perfect wrote:Not exactly. It's that the above mentioned fumbled the government into the hands of your people who have delivered us into endless war, lies and poverty.
"My People" was Republican Ron Paul.

Trump is preening and greedy but he is also mostly honest. He should do an ok job as President, but he will definitely do an outstanding job of serving Adelson, Bush, Koch etc. their asses on a silver platter.
Mr. Perfect wrote:And the entire Democrat party. It's going to be great.

Do you realize how many speeches Hillary must make to Goldman Sachs just to buy herself enough C-cells to make it through the week? That woman is free enterprise personified. As Adolph Clitler.
He will personally control the GOP for the next eight years, and the wannabe candidates know it.
Mr. Perfect wrote:Absolutely. Bill Kristol, David Brooks, Stephen Hayes, can be added to the list of people who will be put out of work.
I too see "Will parrot PNAC talking points for food" written in magic marker on corrugated carton in their future.
Mr. Perfect wrote:Too late. Not only will the left wing establishment be eliminated (along with leftism itself) but the GOP ranks will be cleansed. It's going to be great.
[/quote]
The current GOP slate must become Trump concubines or die. Rubio does a good job of helping his constituency, so I hope Trump has the decency to give him a reach-around.

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

All that needs to be said

I0tE6T-ecmg
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Totally hostile. Adelson and the Kochs are in total retreat, and Trump is sodomizing the Bush clan. If Trump presses the Bush II corrupt & inept response to 9/11 the entire GOP will squeal like a pig.
It's not hostile because it's coming from the people. The rest is fighting the last wars, most people have moved on.
Failed hypocrites and traitors. "Losers". Face it, P. We were betrayed.

"My People" was Republican Ron Paul.
I would say no. Anyone who supports single payer hc is antithetical to the beliefs of myself and Ron Paul.
Do you realize how many speeches Hillary must make to Goldman Sachs just to buy herself enough C-cells to make it through the week? That woman is free enterprise personified. As Adolph Clitler.
Either way, the end of the Democrats and liberalism is finally at hand.
The current GOP slate must become Trump concubines or die. Rubio does a good job of helping his constituency, so I hope Trump has the decency to give him a reach-around.
They are just going to die. Trump is known quantity with a long life history and unlike obama who sold out by embracing the Clintons (people forget that the change he originally was for was change from Hillary), Trump has a history of defeating opponents and then dropping them in a river. Change is coming.
Heracleum Persicum

what’s going on inside Melania Trump’s head

Grew up in Slovenia ? ? ? .. Hellooooo "Anna Chapman"

A KGB mole in "White house bedroom" .. direct line to Putin :lol:

What a disaster, what a disaster

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

No disaster. The first lady will be a trophy wife. Nobody cares she is not really 'first' or a 'lady'.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

No disaster. The first lady will be a trophy wife. Nobody cares she is not really 'first' or a 'lady'.

Melania neither "first", nor "Lady" ? ? ?

Hmmm

2015.12.18-mrconservative-56740ad184aa0.jpg
2015.12.18-mrconservative-56740ad184aa0.jpg (56.06 KiB) Viewed 922 times

America now growing up, adapting to "European Standards", ViVe La France comet to mind.

Poor Dominique (Strauss-Kahn).

Buchanan said in a nutshell

Oh, Lord, what happened to our beloved America ? ?

Something happened .. probably in 1950's

manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:All that needs to be said

I0tE6T-ecmg
Doc,

In that pic he looks like he's farting, with difficulty. :P

Alex.
Heracleum Persicum

Polls: Trump the overwhelming Republican favorite in Florida

Trump spectacle is a one-man show

Folks, this not about Trump

This about why and what happened America in this situation

Blue colour, white middle age Americans going down the drain

What happened is, American political elite got in bed with Wall Street Crooks and ruined America, fleeced America.

Notion Trump can do anything (nobody can) beyond the point.

As Buchanan says in his article I posted here, America has a big big problem, system corrupted to the bone.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Polls: Trump the overwhelming Republican favorite in Florida

Trump spectacle is a one-man show

Folks, this not about Trump

This about why and what happened America in this situation

Blue colour, white middle age Americans going down the drain

What happened is, American political elite got in bed with Wall Street Crooks and ruined America, fleeced America.

Notion Trump can do anything (nobody can) beyond the point.

As Buchanan says in his article I posted here, America has a big big problem, system corrupted to the bone.

This is what democracy looks like

http://www.breitbart.com/immigration/20 ... ith-trump/
Displaced Disney Workers: Shame on You Marco Rubio; We Stand With Trump

by Julia Hahn28 Feb 20162,022

MADISON, Alabama — At Donald Trump’s Sunday rally at Madison City Stadium, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
79%
’s own constituents—two displaced Disney workers—publicly denounced Rubio for prioritizing the interests of his big business donors over the interests of his own constituents. The two endorsed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump for President.

Dena Moore and Leo Perrero were two Disney workers who were informed that they were going to be laid off during the holiday season of 2014. They—along with scores of their colleagues—were told that before they were let go, they’d be forced to train their low-skilled foreign replacements brought in on H-1B visas. Earlier this week, Perrero testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee about the humiliation he was forced to endure by training his foreign replacement. While Donald Trump has called on Disney to hire back all of these workers and has pledged to end H-1B job theft as President, Sen. Marco Rubio has pushed to expand the controversial H-1B program—he has introduced two bills that would dramatically boost the issuances of H-1Bs. As recently as last year, Rubio introduced a bill—endorsed by Disney’s CEO Bob Iger via his immigration lobbying firm—that would triple the issuances of H-1Bs. Disney is one of Sen. Rubio’s top financial backers—having donated more that $2 million according to Open Secrets.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Honestly Doc, Rubio is a sitting Florida Senator and Disney has significant interests in Florida. You have a point, but firing the programmers was a minor personnel act for Disney. A couple dozen people, all of whom were rehired when the press took the issue on, is not evidence of corruption. Nothing like the Carrier plant relocation.

Trump likes sweeping metaphors. I don't think he really intends to build a physical wall and send the Army to Ciudad Mexico to collect. I do think he will put tarrifs back on products outsourced to Mexico and stop the transfer of funds from illegal workers back to Mexico.

It's like when Perot talked about a giant sucking sound coming from Mexico. The Trump wall thing isn't to be taken literally.

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Honestly Doc, Rubio is a sitting Florida Senator and Disney has significant interests in Florida. You have a point, but firing the programmers was a minor personnel act for Disney. A couple dozen people, all of whom were rehired when the press took the issue on, is not evidence of corruption. Nothing like the Carrier plant relocation.

Trump likes sweeping metaphors. I don't think he really intends to build a physical wall and send the Army to Ciudad Mexico to collect. I do think he will put tarrifs back on products outsourced to Mexico and stop the transfer of funds from illegal workers back to Mexico.

It's like when Perot talked about a giant sucking sound coming from Mexico. The Trump wall thing isn't to be taken literally.
If one person loses their job by an H1B visa worker H1B being a program to bring in foreign workers when here is NO AMERICAN TO TAKE A JOB AVAILABLE, then it is wrong.

It was 23 at Disney, but isn't just Disney:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... lacements/
Lawyer For Displaced Disney Workers: 1,200 American Workers In N.Y. Are Training Their Foreign Replacements
In this handout photo provided by Disney Parks, English-Irish boy band The Wanted performs 'Santa Claus is Coming To Town' while taping the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade TV special December 6, 2013 at the Magic Kingdom park at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The 30th annual holiday telecast airs December 25 on ABC-TV. The show also will air in Canada on CBC Network, and across the globe on the American Forces Network. (Photo by
Mark Ashman/Disney Parks via Getty Images

by Michelle Fields26 Nov 20151,722
Sara Blackwell, the Florida attorney representing the former Disney workers that were replaced by foreign workers told Breitbart News Daily that there are 1,200 Americans in New York who will suffer the same fate as the Disney workers.

“Right there in New York, 1,200 Americans are training their replacements” Blackwell said. Adding that it’s also, “happening at AT&T right now.”

Blackwell is the attorney representing the 23 Disney workers who are preparing to suing Disney after they lost their job to foreign workers.

This week, she filed a complaint with the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) on behalf of the former workers alleging that they are victims of national origin discrimination.

“I think that it’s an immigration reform issue, but more than that it’s a discrimination issue, it’s an American issue,” Blackwell told Breitbart News Daily host Steve K. Bannon.

Blackwell also praised Breitbart News for being the only news outlet that has been writing about the issue of H-1B visas and the effect it’s having on American workers.

“I don’t know why, the conservatives, the tea party, I don’t know why they are the only ones listening and talking about it. I had five or six different news channels calling, and news reporters calling, to write about the Disney issue. But only Breitbart would put in the actual issues. Why aren’t the liberals talking about how hundreds of thousands of Americans are losing their jobs?”
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:If one person loses their job by an H1B visa worker H1B being a program to bring in foreign workers when here is NO AMERICAN TO TAKE A JOB AVAILABLE, then it is wrong.
How socialist/merchantilist of you to care :D

I live beneath the Mouse's tail and know the specifics. The positions were Disney World programmers who ran a system for predicting and optimizing guest experience. Maintainance programmers. Disney operates in many countries, but Disney World is the basic model. F'rinstance, Disney Paris is modeled on Florida but the colors are different, Mickey smokes, Minnie has hairy underarms and Pluto poops on the sidewalk. Language and customs must be compatible with the host country.

Bringing in foreign workers for an international cultural enterprise makes perfect sense. Microsoft and Apple are the world's OS. They need H1-b employees. Anyone on the internet sees what happens with poorly written translation, but poor cultural translation can be worse. Some bean counter mismanaged 23 people in this instance but it was quickly corrected. One stupid, minor mistake. NBD. When WDW China is announced Disney is going to need trained people fluent in the local culture.

The problem is not the US seducing the best and brightest away from Post-colonial Asia with H1-B visas. The problem is that we do not know how to exchange these overachievers by shipping our welfare freeloaders back to Asia where they can fulfill their human potential by stir-frying prawns over a dented hubcap.

Note how everyone (including Trump) in the GOP has ignored Carrier's moving a 1,400 person plant to Mexico. Software is multilingual and multicultural. We need some internationalization in culturally based industries, but craft positions are a different story. This is the hill you want to die on, Doc.

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:If one person loses their job by an H1B visa worker H1B being a program to bring in foreign workers when here is NO AMERICAN TO TAKE A JOB AVAILABLE, then it is wrong.

I live beneath the Mouse's tail and know the specifics. The positions were Disney World programmers who ran a system for predicting and optimizing guest experience. Maintainance programmers. Disney operates in many countries, but Disney World is the basic model. F'rinstance, Disney Paris is modeled on Florida but the colors are different, Mickey smokes, Minnie has hairy underarms and Pluto poops on the sidewalk. Language and customs must be compatible with the host country.

Exactly !!!

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
The problem is not the US seducing the best and brightest away from Post-colonial Asia with H1-B visas. The problem is that we do not know how to exchange these overachievers by shipping our welfare freeloaders back to Asia where they can fulfill their human potential by stir-frying prawns over a dented hubcap.
Now I'm really confused. :?

It sounds like you have the solution.....

build walls and rafts?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Now I'm really confused. :?

It sounds like you have the solution.....

build walls and rafts?
Close. Amphibious food trucks. Every company who does a H1-B hire must also buy a food stamp family a floating Ford cookmobile and send them abroad.

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Exactly !!!

That's an AK-47 visa, not an H1-B.

Teresa of Ávila