“Appalling” American Sniper “dehumanizes” Muslims and Arabs

Doc

Re: “Appalling” American Sniper “dehumanizes” Muslims and Ar

Post by Doc »

Not even
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:.

Not even

As I assume Doc a " מענטש mentsh ", am sure
he means "Holly Wood" NOT EVEN, meaning HollyWood "even worst"

n'est-ce pas, Doc :)

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Not even

Did you even see the movie?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

Not even

Did you even see the movie ?

NO

I hate violent movies

Heracleum Persicum

american_sniper_routh_trial-3.jpg
american_sniper_routh_trial-3.jpg (196.36 KiB) Viewed 1462 times

Both had attended high school southwest of Dallas in the town of Midlothian
Each had played football for the Midlothian Panthers
and been involved with the Future Farmers of America,
though 14 years apart.

“They are all victims,” said Huggins, 56, a collections manager, also called for jury duty. “Eddie’s a victim. Chad Littlefield’s a victim, and so is Chris. And then you’ve got the families. Everybody’s going through their own hell.”
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:

Not even

NO

I hate violent movies

So you are talking here out of ignorance...

Move along folks Nothing to see here of interest.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

My wife volunteers at the local cinema and she says that she doesn't want to see this one. She says it's "not nice".

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

A bad movie that does not star "Black Bushmaster" in the leading role????

Is that possible?

Anti-war movies doing well at theaters. The parallels to the 1960's continues to grow.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

Not even

NO

I hate violent movies

ignorance ?

The movie is full of violence, not everybody enjoys watching killings

But, this thread about "film review", what great Americans saying about this movie.

Pls watch what "Chomsky" sayin

5X30Gkp9FVs

He began by reading a glowing review of the film in The New York Times that began by insulting “America’s coastal intelligentsia, which has busied itself with chatter over little-seen art dramas while everyday Americans showed up en masse for a patriotic, pro-family picture which broke all attendance records in its opening days.”

“What was the patriotic, pro-family film that so entranced everyday Americans?” Chomsky asked by way of response. “It’s about the most deadly sniper in American history, a guy named Chris Kyle, who claims to have used his skills to have killed several hundred people in Iraq.

“In [American Sniper], he describes what the experience was like, so I’ll quote him. His first kill was a woman, who walked into the street with a grenade in her hand as the Marines attacked her village. Chris Kyle killed her with a single shot, and he explains how he felt about it.”

“‘I hated the damn savages I’d been fighting,’” Chomsky said, quoting Kyle. “‘Savage, despicable, evil — that’s what we were fighting in Iraq. That’s why a lot of people, myself included, called the enemy savages. There was really no other way to describe what we encountered there.’”

After admitting that he had not seen the film, only read numerous reviews, Chomsky noted that The New Yorker “said it was great, kept to the cinematic values, said it was well done — but there were others who found it appalling, including [Newsweek's] Jeff Stein, a former US intelligence officer who wrote a very critical review, keeping to the content.”

Stein recalled a visit he had made to a “clubhouse for snipers, where to quote him, ‘the barroom walls featured white-on-black Nazi SS insignia, and other Wehrmacht regalia. The Marine shooters clearly identified with the marksmen of the world’s most infamous killing machine, rather than regular troops.”

“Getting back to Chris Kyle,” Chomsky continued, “he regarded his first kill as a terrorist — this woman who walked in the street — but we can’t really attribute that to the mentality of a psychopathic killer, because we’re all tarred by the same brush insofar as we tolerate or keep silent about official policy.”

“Now, that [sniper] mentality helps explain why it’s so easy to ignore what is most clearly the most extreme terrorist campaign of modern history, if not ever — Obama’s global assassination campaign, the drone campaign, which officially is aimed at murdering people who are suspected of maybe someday planning to harm us.”

“I’d advise you to read some of the transcripts with drone operators,” Chomsky said. “They’re harrowing — the guys who are sitting in front of computers in Las Vegas,” drawing a comparison to the manner in which Kyle dehumanized his targets.

Here's what VNN, folks who where actually fighting over there, says about the movie

Chris Kyle is eulogized as “America’s deadliest sniper” having killed singlehandedly over 200 people during his four tours of duty in Iraq. It doesn’t matter if most of his victims were “terrorists” or if he was serving in good faith to protect the lives of other American soldiers.

For Americans to celebrate him as a “warrior hero” is indicative of the moral corruption that US society has descended into. It shows how much that violence has become endemic in the American psyche.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

Not even

NO

I hate violent movies

ignorance ?

The movie is full of violence, not everybody enjoys watching killings

But, this thread about "film review", what great Americans saying about this movie.
You can't honestly review a film that you have not seen. PERIOD
Heracleum Persicum

valid argument

I have not "reviewed" the movie myself, except sayin did not watch the movie due to too much violence

but, I will let others speak

Chomsky spoke, VNN spoke

Lets see what others have to say

Doc

Post by Doc »

valid argument

I have not "reviewed" the movie myself, except sayin did not watch the movie due to too much violence

but, I will let others speak

Chomsky spoke, VNN spoke

Lets see what others have to say

Unless you personally watched it you have nothing to add literally. Regurgitating what others have said is not a substitute for rational thought.

Suggestion: Watch the movie it may surprise you.
Heracleum Persicum

SomktZGgwLw

Doc

Re: “Appalling” attempt to dehumanize Chris Kyle

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

SomktZGgwLw

Your post has nothing to do with this thread. :evil:

Again if you have not seen the film you have little to add.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

SomktZGgwLw

:lol:

Come on, Doc

This thread, started by Azari, is about the : American Sniper “dehumanizes” Muslims and Arabs

and the above uTube clip is the result of the title of the movie

If day in day out American media hammer how "sh*t" Muslim religion is and how "sh*t" Arabs are, well, Doc, what do you expect ? ?

No need to see the movie, everybody commenting on it

Instead, the honourable way would have been "Clean" Eastwood making a movie about the Palestinians

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:

SomktZGgwLw

Come on, Doc

Man the BS you are shoveling is getting deep. I guess I need to get taller boots.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

SomktZGgwLw

Come on, Doc

Man the BS you are shovelling is getting deep. I guess I need to get taller boots.

Essence of this thread was to show how it could lead to these kinds of tragedies

Your reaction and antagonism validates that concern

Instead of expressing sorrow about those 3 innocent (I guess Syrian) Muslims executed and commenting on the clip posted, you attack the poster .. confirms the spirit of this thread being right on the money

Barakat, who was a doctoral student at the University of North Carolina’s School of Dentistry, had married Yusor in December.

In a recent charity move, he helped provide free dental supplies to 75 homeless people in Durham, according to the last picture on his Facebook page.

Barakat and his wife also organized a fundraiser to get dental care to refugees from Syria. He had planned to travel to Turkey to treat children who have become refugees following the war in Syria.

This a public open fora, read by general public

Will let the public judge who shovelling BS here :)

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

SomktZGgwLw

Come on, Doc

Man the BS you are shovelling is getting deep. I guess I need to get taller boots.

Essence of this thread was to show how it could lead to these kinds of tragedies

Your reaction and antagonism validates that concern

Instead of expressing sorrow about those 3 innocent (I guess Syrian) Muslims executed and commenting on the clip posted, you attack the poster .. confirms the spirit of this thread being right on the money

Barakat, who was a doctoral student at the University of North Carolina’s School of Dentistry, had married Yusor in December.

In a recent charity move, he helped provide free dental supplies to 75 homeless people in Durham, according to the last picture on his Facebook page.

Barakat and his wife also organized a fundraiser to get dental care to refugees from Syria. He had planned to travel to Turkey to treat children who have become refugees following the war in Syria.

This a public open fora, read by general public

Will let the public judge who shovelling BS here :)

Yeap

BTW have you actually watched the movie yet? :D
Heracleum Persicum

BTW have you actually watched the movie yet ? :D

Sick watching killings .. all news is about killings

No, can't watch the movie

Heracleum Persicum

His three combat tours in Afghanistan had been boiled down to a 38-second video clip,
played and replayed on YouTube more than a million times.
In it,
Rob Richards and three other Marine Corps snipers
are seen
urinating on the bodies of Taliban fighters they had just killed

Total dismay” were the words then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton used to describe the video when it surfaced on the Internet in January 2012. “Utterly deplorable,” agreed then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

Richards’s career in the military was finished.

More than two years later — long after the rest of the country had moved on to other scandals — Richards, 28, died at home and alone from an accidental painkiller overdose.

Now an ammunition can carrying his cremated remains sat on the table of a hotel bar in Arlington, Va., as his family, friends and fellow Marines swirled around it.

Almost everything about war is complicated, messy or morally fraught; in this case even more so. A Marine vilified by his country’s leaders and court-martialed for “bringing discredit to the armed forces” would soon be buried at Arlington National ­Cemetery, the country’s most hallowed ground. On this mid-February night before the funeral, dozens who knew Richards beyond those 38 seconds gathered to celebrate his life.

Richards’s mother spotted her son’s platoon commander and platoon sergeant, both of whom were in the video, ordering drinks at the bar. “My boys, my sons,” she called out to them. The two men are out of the Marine Corps now and have thick beards and long hair.

The platoon sergeant rolled up the sleeve of his sweatshirt to show off a memorial tattoo bearing Richards’s name on his wrist. “Right where everyone can see it,” he said.

Richards’s mother, Cate, a senior sales executive for IBM, hugged him and rested her head on his shoulder. When Richards was a sniper team leader in Afghanistan, she sent him regular care packages with items he and his Marines most needed. Her weekly shopping list included clean socks, cans of Chef Boyardee and six packs of Red Bull to help them stay alert in their hide sites while they watched for the enemy.

“Sniper den mom,” they called her back then.

The bar was filling up with Marine snipers telling war stories. “Remember that Mark 12 gunner who got three head shots at 1,000 yards,” one of the Marines was saying.

Sad, really sad

Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Chef Boyardee and Red Bull. An eloquent metaphor for American culture.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:Chef Boyardee and Red Bull. An eloquent metaphor for American culture.
Personally, I blame AGW.

Zack,

Seriously dude, it sounds like you a living in a cultural dessert. Have you considered moving, or at least getting some new friends?
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

aI1fqOELQ48
Been busy doing stuff
Doc

Post by Doc »

BTW have you actually watched the movie yet ? :D

Sick watching killings .. all news is about killings

No, can't watch the movie

So why talk about a movie you have not even seen?