Issues of Race in the USA

Simple Minded

Re: Issues of Race in the USA

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:28 am
What HEP might have to do with historical slavery completely escapes me.
"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!"

"People with multiple tools in their kit are racists!" (tm)
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Two knees is White privilege.jpeg
Two knees is White privilege.jpeg (84.45 KiB) Viewed 9400 times
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Apollonius wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:25 pm Two knees is White privilege.jpeg
If I may, that is "brutally funny!"

You are still one of my heroes Apollonius! :D
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:56 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:24 pm
noddy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:30 am I agree with them that they arent very nice people, their is no problem here, barring the fact they are a magority in many places.

Sheltered and spoilt, definite about the amazing value of their own opinion, yet also so useless they can barely function.

was humanity designed to have so many princes and princess's ? it doesnt do nice things to the royal family.
Most of us aren't all that kind and that has always been the majority.

It still doesn't account for how one figures agreements can be organized around the idea that in all outcomes to events, there are no victors; only violators and victims.

Saying everything is illegitimate over and over again is lamest attempt at permanent revolution to date.
Maybe so, but it sells to the adolescent mindset, which is still popular into one's 40's with many.

What would be the correct response to one who is "anti-illegitimate?" Oh yeah, "RACIST!"

See how easy the new normal is?
It is a norm because its pretty clear conservatives, as a whole, agree that the United States is an illegitimate country too-- though I suspect most of them have been backed into that position.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:07 am
It is a norm because its pretty clear conservatives, as a whole, agree that the United States is an illegitimate country too-- though I suspect most of them have been backed into that position.
Please elaborate, especially in terms of who is a conservative? or how does a conservative think?

IMSMO, much of the current chic verbiage/dialogue sounds a lot more like a zeitgeist of pessimism, than any sort of honestly thought out ideology. In Elliott Wave Theory terms, "social mood." "Climate Change" and "Racism" sound a lot like "Tulip Bulb Mania" and Paul Erlich's End of the World preaching from the 1970's.

Kinda like when people went from saying "Groovy!" to saying "Cool!"

How many decades of peace and prosperity can a people endure before they flip the mental switch? Some claim it is about 80 years or four generations.

I suspect for most it has always been about what is near and dear to them locally. The Internet Age has changed many into "Think locally, post globally bots." (tm). Now that is news! ;)

In the "good ole days" it was only the 20% of the people you actually knew on a first name basis that were nuts. Now, its 20% of everyone with internet access. Fighting fire with fire means it is a much bigger contagion.

Meanwhile, locally, people seem nicer than ever, regardless of what is on the TV or Social Media (very limited second hand knowledge).
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

It would be an excellent social experiment to go one step farther than's Big Tech's methodology of making the kids play nice or playing God, and shut down all social media, political commentary, and MSM for 30 days, 90 days, and a year.

Would more people panic due to the information blackout, or would they simply re-focus on things that are more applicable to them?

IE: would they find that they were reacting primarily to things that were simply parts of the collective imagination? Would they become nicer, happier or saner?

"Dear Dairy, Today I learned that when I stop stomping on the Yellow Jackets nests, they leave me alone. Tomorrow I am going to stop throwing stones at the Hornet's nest and see if the same thing happens."
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:11 pm It would be an excellent social experiment to go one step farther than's Big Tech's methodology of making the kids play nice or playing God, and shut down all social media, political commentary, and MSM for 30 days, 90 days, and a year.

Would more people panic due to the information blackout, or would they simply re-focus on things that are more applicable to them?

IE: would they find that they were reacting primarily to things that were simply parts of the collective imagination? Would they become nicer, happier or saner?
"Information blackout"? What a great title for a teenage/20 something horror move !!! Or maybe something like "Don't answer the TicToc!!"

rmou2L0IQZg

"Dear Dairy, Today I learned that when I stop stomping on the Yellow Jackets nests, they leave me alone. Tomorrow I am going to stop throwing stones at the Hornet's nest and see if the same thing happens."
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:54 am
"Information blackout"? What a great title for a teenage/20 something horror move !!! Or maybe something like "Don't answer the TicToc!!"

rmou2L0IQZg

Those were the good ole days.

Follow up sequels could be "Don't Access Social Media!" "Don't Turn on the TV!" and "Don't Turn on Your Smartphone!"

We have already gotten very close to "COVID is the Zombie Apocalypse!" so why not?

We should all follow Joe Biden's advice of "turn on the record player!"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:41 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:54 am

rmou2L0IQZg

Those were the good ole days.

Follow up sequels could be "Don't Access Social Media!" "Don't Turn on the TV!" and "Don't Turn on Your Smartphone!"

We have already gotten very close to "COVID is the Zombie Apocalypse!" so why not?

We should all follow Joe Biden's advice of "turn on the record player!"
Exactly !! But I thought Biden said "turn on your gramp-o-phone. :D

"Eh!?! Could you repeat that?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphophone

I think I pick on Joe too much. I probably should discuss President Harris more. :P
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:18 pm

I think I pick on Joe too much. I probably should discuss President Harris more. :P
It really doesn't matter whether Biden/Harris are coherent or even sane since there is no opposition party. The only opposition they face is within the ranks of the Democratic Party. Repubs are all AWOL since they banished Trump.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:48 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:18 pm

It really doesn't matter whether Biden/Harris are coherent or even sane since there is no opposition party. The only opposition they face is within the ranks of the Democratic Party. Repubs are all AWOL since they banished Trump.
Yeah more or less. They say Susan Rice is running the country. I heard another Biden aid was calling shots as well. Seems like the country is being run by a committee. That does not bode well.

I was in the hospital over night a couple of months ago for tests. I saw something there that disturbed me greatly. The floor was filled by personnel. With computer terminals of wheels entering data. The nurses were all at desks entering data as well. They were spending at least 10 times more time(and that is conservative), doing that than they were taking care of patients. At least..

Sitting there I realized they were mostly doing it for insurance billing purposes. All dependent on computers.

One of the med types that seemed to be standing in the hall the entire time I was there, started arguing with the head nurse because they had a rush of check ins to, do and the med person started arguing with the head nurse that it wasn't her job to do that. The head nurse seemed to have let the issue go.

But what bothered me is that medicine, like so many other things, has become nearly so complicated and weighted down, that it is very close to collapsing. It would not take much I fear.

There is so many things like this I can think of.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:03 am
Yeah more or less. They say Susan Rice is running the country. I heard another Biden aid was calling shots as well. Seems like the country is being run by a committee. That does not bode well.

I was in the hospital over night a couple of months ago for tests. I saw something there that disturbed me greatly. The floor was filled by personnel. With computer terminals of wheels entering data. The nurses were all at desks entering data as well. They were spending at least 10 times more time(and that is conservative), doing that than they were taking care of patients. At least..

Sitting there I realized they were mostly doing it for insurance billing purposes. All dependent on computers.

One of the med types that seemed to be standing in the hall the entire time I was there, started arguing with the head nurse because they had a rush of check ins to, do and the med person started arguing with the head nurse that it wasn't her job to do that. The head nurse seemed to have let the issue go.

But what bothered me is that medicine, like so many other things, has become nearly so complicated and weighted down, that it is very close to collapsing. It would not take much I fear.

That is not all that surprising. I think COVID was the final piece of the puzzle to fall into place regarding the complete destruction of any free market influences in medicine. Very similar to public school education.

All the medical professionals I know have no confidence whatsoever in official COVID statistics. They all think the official stats are skewed by perverse financial incentives. Most estimate a 300% factor.

If you have any rich relatives that list you as an heir, now would be a good time to take them out. COVID Co-Morbidities are everywhere ya know.

I heard Caterine Austin Fits say a couple days ago that 34% of all small businesses were closed during the COVID Pandemic. Help wanted signs are everywhere. Lots of employees decided to quit working when the supplemental govt unemployment checks were authorized.

Social Engineering at the highest levels. Meanwhile, in the irrelevant parts of America, not much has changed in the last few years.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mass-murderer Mao Used Critical Race Theory-Style Indoctrination, Too

JRC3U3GjOvw
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

duplicate deleted
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:28 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:03 am

That is not all that surprising. I think COVID was the final piece of the puzzle to fall into place regarding the complete destruction of any free market influences in medicine. Very similar to public school education.

All the medical professionals I know have no confidence whatsoever in official COVID statistics. They all think the official stats are skewed by perverse financial incentives. Most estimate a 300% factor.

If you have any rich relatives that list you as an heir, now would be a good time to take them out. COVID Co-Morbidities are everywhere ya know.

I heard Caterine Austin Fits say a couple days ago that 34% of all small businesses were closed during the COVID Pandemic. Help wanted signs are everywhere. Lots of employees decided to quit working when the supplemental govt unemployment checks were authorized.

Social Engineering at the highest levels. Meanwhile, in the irrelevant parts of America, not much has changed in the last few years.
In 2009 there was little inflation reported. In some way that was true. Import of cheap CCP products did hold inflation down.But if you track the value of gold VS the dollar VS Stocks from 2009 until 2012 Gold and stocks track pretty closely while the dollar lost ground in relation to the other two.

It seems like a war conducted by a third rate power. Like that time in 1967 when Egypt was claiming to be beating Israel in the 6 day war right up until the time Nassar admitted Egypt lost the war and offered to resign.

Except this time the enemy isn't Israel.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

VWrfjUzYvPo

https://borgenproject.org/countries-tha ... e-slavery/

167 countries still have slavery today?!?!?!
noddy

Post by noddy »

if you count poor people working for sub minimum wages out of desperation, then australia has slavery.

all the farmers are whinging that with the covid lockdowns they cant import them anymore so the vegetables are going unpicked.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:32 am if you count poor people working for sub minimum wages out of desperation, then australia has slavery.

all the farmers are whinging that with the covid lockdowns they cant import them anymore so the vegetables are going unpicked.
It saddens me to learn that the US did not have a monopoly on stupid politicians that decided wide spread economic suicide was a viable solution to fighting the pandemic.

Gets real difficult to harbor hard feelings against the Chinese in light of so many self-destructive responses.

"We have met the enemy and he is us!" preferred gender pronouns aside......

Meanwhile on this side of the pond the explosion in unemployment benefits means that so many people have decided to go for the free money that help wanted signs are everywhere. Australian pols decided to keep the workers out, while the US pols decided to pay the workers not to work. What could go wrong in either case?
noddy

Post by noddy »

if lettuces need to cost $5 each to pay for workers to pick them, then thats what they should cost - my country has all the middle class hidden taxes and licenses and rents and fees and if the middle class assholes want all that, then they can pay the baseline workers enough money to pay for all that.

simples.

the entire reason we have a populaiton of angry low class is because we import enough desperate poor people to suppress their wages and we import enough middle class cashed up people to maintain house prices above what they can afford.

the corporate connected dont have to play by the rules, the government connected dont have to play by the rules, hardly any of the sheltered middle class has to play by the rules, the only folks that have to actually experience capitalism are the folks that do work which a migrant can do.

the people that beleive in that system will be first against the wall when the revolution comes, and ill not be stopping it.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:56 am if lettuces need to cost $5 each to pay for workers to pick them, then thats what they should cost - my country has all the middle class hidden taxes and licenses and rents and fees and if the middle class assholes want all that, then they can pay the baseline workers enough money to pay for all that.

simples.

the entire reason we have a populaiton of angry low class is because we import enough desperate poor people to suppress their wages and we import enough middle class cashed up people to maintain house prices above what they can afford.

the corporate connected dont have to play by the rules, the government connected dont have to play by the rules, hardly any of the sheltered middle class has to play by the rules, the only folks that have to actually experience capitalism are the folks that do work which a migrant can do.

the people that beleive in that system will be first against the wall when the revolution comes, and ill not be stopping it.
amen. in a free market either the lettuce would cost $5 a head, or no one would pay that and those farmers would move on to some other crop or some other occupation.

stories of price fixing in the US are legion. tune in to the Victor Davis Hanson video that I posted a week or so ago.

it does sound very similar to what is occurring in many parts of the US. the dems used to be seen as supporting the blue collar types, the union types, by restricting immigration. the repubs used to be seen as fiscally conservative types who favored big business. the roles have flipped as they seem to do every 20 years or so, with the exception of there have been no fiscally responsible or even conservative types to be found in govt for the last 30 years or more.

the other day I noted to my wife, "there is a 20 foot long section of the sidewalk that is torn up for repair, huge signs saying SIDEWALK CLOSED, and an orange plastic barrel on both sides of the repair area every 50 feet for a quarter mile in both directions. This type of make work insanity did not exist 30-40 years ago. I can recall when the cost of repairing the sidewalk would have been less than the cost of transporting dozens of plastic barrels."
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:35 am
noddy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:56 am if lettuces need to cost $5 each to pay for workers to pick them, then thats what they should cost - my country has all the middle class hidden taxes and licenses and rents and fees and if the middle class assholes want all that, then they can pay the baseline workers enough money to pay for all that.

simples.

amen. in a free market either the lettuce would cost $5 a head, or no one would pay that and those farmers would move on to some other crop or some other occupation.

stories of price fixing in the US are legion. tune in to the Victor Davis Hanson video that I posted a week or so ago.

it does sound very similar to what is occurring in many parts of the US. the dems used to be seen as supporting the blue collar types, the union types, by restricting immigration. the repubs used to be seen as fiscally conservative types who favored big business. the roles have flipped as they seem to do every 20 years or so, with the exception of there have been no fiscally responsible or even conservative types to be found in govt for the last 30 years or more.

the other day I noted to my wife, "there is a 20 foot long section of the sidewalk that is torn up for repair, huge signs saying SIDEWALK CLOSED, and an orange plastic barrel on both sides of the repair area every 50 feet for a quarter mile in both directions. This type of make work insanity did not exist 30-40 years ago. I can recall when the cost of repairing the sidewalk would have been less than the cost of transporting dozens of plastic barrels."
Seriously -- watch this:

9RbL8lTsITY
noddy

Post by noddy »

simples.

yeh its crazy.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:21 am

yeh its crazy.
it seems to be part of human nature, even well organized sane societies can go bat-lavender crazy for a couple generations. persecution of witches, Tulip bulb mania, German high society turning into Nazi's, etc.

Thinking back 40+ years, I can remember seeing sidewalk repair in a nearby town. 20' long section of sidewalk torn up, and maybe, maybe there was a wooden sawhorse with some orange paint 15 feet from each end of the torn up section. if not, the powers that be figured if you weren't paying attention and fell on your face, it would be a good learning experience for you.

reminds me of the pictures you see coming out of Asia with the guy crossing a raging river with a bicycle on his shoulder on a bridge made out of two strands of rope. the West isn't winning that multi-generational battle.

on the other hand the US's main strength as well as weakness is 300+ million people with 200+ million cultures. hopefully, none will dominate, and the good ole saying of "Huh? That's interesting! Why don't you go f**k yourself!!" will come back into favor.

only thing we know for sure is the most devastating Assault Weapon man has ever created is a computer/smart phone/tablet hooked up to the internet.

saw a great tee-shirt the other day "IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY MY OPINION, YOU SHOULD HEAR WHAT I KEEP TO MYSELF!"

nothing is worse than when everyone cares and everyone wants to help! (tm)
Attachments
bigfoot cup.jpg
bigfoot cup.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 9133 times
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -york-city
Black Lives Matter of Greater New York leader blasts vaccine mandates as racist and disrespectful

EXCLUSIVE — Black Lives Matter activists have turned on New York City's leadership over what they claim are racist COVID-19 vaccine requirements.

Mayor Bill De Blasio has aggressively pushed a "vaccine passport" system that bars entry to restaurants, gyms, and other public places without proof of COVID-19 inoculation. But with black residents lagging the overall population in vaccinations, the rules are disproportionately affecting a minority group usually in step with Democratic policies. The schism came to a head on Monday, when Black Lives Matter of Greater New York launched a protest outside a restaurant where enforcement of the policy sparked a melee .

Hawk Newsome is a black activist and co-founder of Black Lives Matter of Greater New York — one of the many prominent Black Lives Matter organizations outside the hierarchy of the Black Lives Matter Global Network . He founded the group with his sister, Chivona Newsome. Both siblings spoke at the Monday protest, where Hawk accused the city of using vaccination requirements to run cover for its "racist ways" and "discrimination."

Newsome spoke with the Washington Examiner about the difficulties vaccine-hesitant blacks are facing in the era of medical passports.

"We are not anti-vaxxers. Some of us are vaccinated," Newsome said of his group. "It's an individual's choice. No one should be forced to put something in their body."

BLM ORGANIZER SAYS DE BLASIO VACCINE MANDATE WEAPONIZED AGAINST BLACK COMMUNITY

The number of black residents in New York City who have not been vaccinated is drastically disproportionate to other racial groups. More than 70% of black people in New York City aged 18 to 44 have not gotten the injection — a statistic touted by Chivona at the Monday protest. There is a variety of reasons for the lag in shots, including religious beliefs and distrust of the government.

"It's black people who have a natural distrust of the vaccine," Newsome said. He cited the Tuskeegee Syphilis Study as an example of historic exploitation of black people by the U.S. medical community, despite the fact that vaccines are accessible to people of all racial groups.

BLMGNY is advocating for the complete abolition of vaccine requirements, not only in the city but also on a national level.

"I think, in a perfect world, [vaccine requirements] should be business by business. But it could be a slippery slope, so the mandate should be removed completely," Newsome said, adding, "It's not gonna be white men in suits on Wall Street who are gonna get stopped. There's such hypocrisy in this thing."

Newsome, a Baptist, said that what infuriates him the most is the lack of accommodations for an individual's spiritual objections to the vaccine.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Karens freak out over police lives matter sticker.