Issues of Race in the USA

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Issues of Race in the USA

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

"..."Mapping the Margins," by Kimberlé Crenshaw....." is where it all began. First part is dynamite, but watch the second part too on his 'New Discourses' channel:

1kSPD4GRyYw
"Mapping the Margins," by Kimberlé Crenshaw, is an academic law paper that changed the world (abridged pdf here). It was published in the Stanford Law Review in 1991 and makes the case for putting intersectionality into all cultural analysis. It is also more or less unambiguously the birthplace of Wokeness, as in this paper, Crenshaw indicates explicitly that, to her, intersectionality is "a provisional concept linking contemporary politics with postmodern theory," that is, as Jordan Peterson has it, postmodern neo-Marxism. Crenshaw is no minor figure, by the way. She is the creator of intersectionality as well as the co-creator (with her mentor Derrick Bell) and namer of Critical Race Theory. This paper is, in all likelihood, by far her most influential.
Yes...... that James Lindsay.....'>......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 am Taki's Mag - Z Man | New Religion
A century later, a similar sort of frenzy has gripped America, but this time it is something of a religion rather than a fashion statement. Black people are being elevated to the status of magical beings, gods walking among us from whom we must seek both grace and forgiveness for the sins of the past. Last summer this worship of black people by the beautiful people burst forth with public foot-washing ceremonies.
What we have with this new religion is three main pillars. One is that black people are so special and precious, we must organize society to please them. Another pillar is that the condition of black people is not their fault, but the fault of white people and their white supremacy culture. The final pillar is that whites can only gain salvation by committing themselves to elimination of whiteness to the satisfaction of black people.
Excellent article!

Climate Change, White Liberal Guilt, Black Liberal Self-loathing, Racism..... we have waaaaay tooooo many versions of original sin floating around the West these days.

What ever happened to the original version of original sin? Are you alive? Then you are guilty!!!! Case closed!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:22 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 am Taki's Mag - Z Man | New Religion
A century later, a similar sort of frenzy has gripped America, but this time it is something of a religion rather than a fashion statement. Black people are being elevated to the status of magical beings, gods walking among us from whom we must seek both grace and forgiveness for the sins of the past. Last summer this worship of black people by the beautiful people burst forth with public foot-washing ceremonies.
What we have with this new religion is three main pillars. One is that black people are so special and precious, we must organize society to please them. Another pillar is that the condition of black people is not their fault, but the fault of white people and their white supremacy culture. The final pillar is that whites can only gain salvation by committing themselves to elimination of whiteness to the satisfaction of black people.
Excellent article!

Climate Change, White Liberal Guilt, Black Liberal Self-loathing, Racism..... we have waaaaay tooooo many versions of original sin floating around the West these days.

What ever happened to the original version of original sin? Are you alive? Then you are guilty!!!! Case closed!
Speaking of sin floating around....

I had a friend that used to ask people in his boat "Are you sinners?" above this rapid. (there was actually a sign hanging above the rapid that said "Prepare to meet thy God"

https://youtu.be/1Fuz9KG4FoQ?t=172

Not all that dangerous, but it helped toughen up people for the big stuff.to what was to come down stream.....
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

66qb33QMSlg
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:08 am 66qb33QMSlg
TY.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

jPnP9IUMDLc
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:08 am 66qb33QMSlg
Yeah I heard that song a lot growing up. The church and congregation pictured looks a lot like one I have that I was in. But not quite that long ago.

My mother was baptized in a river. Something like this

zSif77IVQdY
Doc

Post by Doc »

Gets my vote for father of the year

P56rUszBPKs
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:51 am Gets my vote for father of the year

P56rUszBPKs
Good ole common sense!

Now that all things non-self destructive are deemed to be "white culture," hard work, forward thinking, science, math, punctuality, reliability, effective communication, personal responsibility, all those who wish to be officially recognized as "Being Black!" face a very dismal existence.

The modern day religious equivalent of good old self flagellation. Whip yourself to beat the White Devils out of your body and mind!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:02 pm
Doc wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:51 am Gets my vote for father of the year

P56rUszBPKs
Good ole common sense!

Now that all things non-self destructive are deemed to be "white culture," hard work, forward thinking, science, math, punctuality, reliability, effective communication, personal responsibility, all those who wish to be officially recognized as "Being Black!" face a very dismal existence.

The modern day religious equivalent of good old self flagellation. Whip yourself to beat the White Devils out of your body and mind!
QL0u8JmfRU0

Personally I think Electrons are racist. They are the emitters of the white devil photons. IE have you ever seen a black photon? Without photons whiteness would not be possible. Therefore I think it is necessary we cancel all electrons and remove them from society immediately. Only then can we move down the path of racial justice towards a truly color blind society.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The fascinating part, IMSMO, is, it used to be that only extremely simple minded people looked at things in terms of black and white!

The circle of life.......

I heard a statement the other day attributed to the University of Chicago (paraphrased): "If you expect your opinions not to be challenged, if you expect not to be triggered, you are in the wrong place and you should go to school somewhere else."

That pretty much settles it. Must not be much money in that perspective or it would be more popular than the alternative idiocy.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:51 pm The fascinating part, IMSMO, is, it used to be that only extremely simple minded people looked at things in terms of black and white!

I heard a statement the other day attributed to the University of Chicago (paraphrased): "If you expect your opinions not to be challenged, if you expect not to be triggered, you are in the wrong place and you should go to school somewhere else."

That pretty much settles it. Must not be much money in that perspective or it would be more popular than the alternative idiocy.
Hey Khmer Rouge ideology was so popular it took over a country.

Aj-YS6r81oQ
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:06 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:51 pm The fascinating part, IMSMO, is, it used to be that only extremely simple minded people looked at things in terms of black and white!

Aj-YS6r81oQ
Go Tim go!

Once the Mom's get involved, things happen quickly!!!!

Interesting that this is happening in one of the bluest counties in the US. The Loudon School Board members might be in serious physical danger.

Shutting down a School Board meeting specifically called for the voicing of opinions? That's a pretty serious F**k You!" in anyone's book.

Might be time to form a local militia called the PMS Paratroopers, "Hoist the Black Flag. Roll up your sleeves and start slitting throats!"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:13 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:06 pm

Aj-YS6r81oQ
Go Tim go!

Once the Mom's get involved, things happen quickly!!!!

Interesting that this is happening in one of the bluest counties in the US. The Loudon School Board members might be in serious physical danger.

Shutting down a School Board meeting specifically called for the voicing of opinions? That's a pretty serious F**k You!" in anyone's book.

Might be time to form a local militia called the PMS Paratroopers, "Hoist the Black Flag. Roll up your sleeves and start slitting throats!"
I think the locals chickened out. So instead of having mostly peaceful protests of looting arson and beating people in the streets, are instead going for a recall of the board . :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Very interesting!

LxKu6-05n7k

qnf3yL8DnTM
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:03 pm Very interesting!

LxKu6-05n7k

qnf3yL8DnTM
Let tell you a story. It used to be if you could get 20 people to show up at a public meeting to protest a decision from a previous meeting the decision would be reversed. I know of one case where that exact thing happened.

My home town city council decided that along with an old building demolished to build a new city hall, decided to demolish a building adjacent that housed the town Senior center. It was an old building but was in good shape. The Seniors loved it and it was well used by them. It even had a big dance floor where dances were held every Saturday night.

Anyway the week after the the decision to tear it down about 20 seniors showed up at the City Council meeting And the Council reversed their decision. VICTORY !!

Well not so fast... the next week the city council announced that a bulldozer demolishing the other building accidentally hit the senior center building a broke its foundation.

I happened to be at that meeting. Don't know why but I have always very good at telling when someone is speaking a lie. So later that night curiosity got the better of me and I went to take a look at the building a couple of days later. There was no damage to it. I guess I was about 19 at the time.

I mentioned that to a local prominent person in the city that took an interest in the town's politics.He told me that as there was a six foot fence involved to get to the building it was better I say nothing about it. That he would take care of it.

Being young I let it go at that. The day after that the building was raised.

I don't know who the guy talked to but at the time I did not understand how things like this worked. In hind sight I can say that the building that was used to replace the senior center was purchased as more or less part of the same deal as the demolition. Which was formerly owned by another prominent person in the city. It had been vacant for years....

Call that a life lesson into politics and corruption.

Excellent presentation in the first video on the nature of government and free speech. Thanks for posting it.

I think I agree with Weinestein's statements on McAfee on government..

People that think there is nothing extremely wrong about with government at this point, are blind, deaf, and are in a coma.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:46 am Image
Favorability??

Of all the subsets, white liberals are the only herd that is self-loathing? Is that the correct read?

Whites dislike White liberals the most, while Asians like conservative Asians the best, and Black like Liberal Blacks the best?

Can you provide a link? thanks!
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:49 pm
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:46 am Image
Favorability??

Of all the subsets, white liberals are the only herd that is self-loathing? Is that the correct read?

Whites dislike White liberals the most, while Asians like conservative Asians the best, and Black like Liberal Blacks the best?

Can you provide a link? thanks!
The data is from:

"Nationscape is a featured project of Democracy Fund Voter Study Group in partnership with UCLA political scientists Lynn Vavreck and Chris Tausanovitch. It is fielded by Lucid, a leading market research platform."

VoterStudyGroup

Though I think Zach Goldberg is the one who put it together-- as I remember seeing it on his twitter feed first.

"Well, who is Zach Goldberg?"

I'm glad you asked. Goldberg is a guy whose been tracking the great awokening way before it was popular. I think he possibly coined the great awokening for, as he points out, there is a start date around 2012/2013 where all of this exploded into the mainstream.

His twitter feed
Doc

Post by Doc »

Can't we all just get oppressed?
NapLajoieonSteroids

They are trying to measure enthnocentric attitudes; it would be that white liberals view whites in general very unfavorably. This tracks with other polls which show how odd white liberals are in their loathing towards people they perceived to look or act like themselves.
NapLajoieonSteroids

How the Media Led the Great Racial Awakening
Research shows that how members of advantaged or “privileged” social groups react to group inequality is informed by his/her views of its legitimacy. Those who are inclined or habituated to see it as illegitimate (such as white liberals) are likely to experience feelings of shame, guilt, and/or in-group-directed anger. These aversive feelings, in turn, correspond to needs for moral acceptance and validation vis-à-vis members of disadvantaged out-groups. These needs then motivate the adoption of pro-out-group (or “woke”) attitudes and behaviors that both signal one’s moral solidarity with the unjustly disadvantaged out-group while also distinguishing oneself from the undeservingly privileged in-group. In the other direction, group members that don’t perceive that such inequalities are entirely or at all illegitimate are likely to resent being unjustly blamed for them and to consider the maligning of their moral status unfair.

The divergent moral reactions toward perceived inequities have not emerged in a vacuum. Rather, the informational or media environment interacts with underlying orientations to elicit them. Members of society can be encouraged to see themselves and others as belonging to homogenous in-groups and out-groups. They can, further, be made aware, through frequent reminders and exposure, of the outcome disparities between them and the pervasiveness of discrimination. Finally, these inequalities must be framed as illegitimate and resulting from the past and/or present injustices perpetrated by the advantaged against the disadvantaged. Taken together, and in the context of the “Great Awokening,” white people need to see themselves as belonging to a collective that enjoys illegitimate privileges at the expense of racial others. Similarly, nonwhites need to be frequently reminded of their victimhood and unjust social position. They see themselves as belonging to a collective that is bound by their experience of racial oppression. The effect overall in terms of the coverage at publications like the Times and Post is that quite often, articles about racism are not reports about events occurring in a particular time and place—they are part of a totalizing theory of the world.

As the graph below illustrates, the greater the mentions of “racism” and “racist(s)” in newspaper accounts, the greater the mentions of “white people.” Though the correlation between the two terms are strong across all four newspapers, it is near perfect (i.e., r=1) for the left-leaning New York Times, and weakest for the center-right Wall Street Journal. Of course, this association—white people and racism/racist(s)—is both predictable and sensible given American history. One might conclude, then, that as the media devotes more coverage to racism and race-related issues, it is inevitable that white people would be mentioned more as well since, as a group, they are implicated in these discussions.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:49 pm
They are trying to measure enthnocentric attitudes; it would be that white liberals view whites in general very unfavorably. This tracks with other polls which show how odd white liberals are in their loathing towards people they perceived to look or act like themselves.
Abbreviated to "Daddy Issues"
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Excellent article Napster. Thanks for posting! Rings true regarding my personal experience with the Liberals I have known.

They like to imagine they are Robin Hood, but when it comes time for them to "ante up or shut up!" they do neither.

I think when Obama didn't prove to be "The Magic Negro." a lot of them went batshit crazy!

As I have often noted, the first thing the "race baiters" do is to sort the data by race. Then they proudly proclaim "Look at what the data shows!" Very similar to "Climate Scientists." Ignore data and influences that don't support your case, and all the rest falls neatly into place.