Issues of Race in the USA

Doc

Re: Honkys and Niggers | Race in the USA Issue

Post by Doc »

There are a lot of seemingly contradictory facts in the charges being filed. Most notably the Medical examiner said that Gray suffered his injuries after he was in the police van. IF so why are the officers that arrested him being charged with murder?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:.

There are a lot of seemingly contradictory facts in the charges being filed. Most notably the Medical examiner said that Gray suffered his injuries after he was in the police van. IF so why are the officers that arrested him being charged with murder ?

http://rt.com/usa/254913-gray-autopsy-state-attorney/

Mosby said that Gray was not secured in the van with a seatbelt, which is against police regulations, and he was handcuffed and placed in leg irons. This led to his injuries, according to the investigation. During one of the stops police officers checked on Gray, saw that he was unresponsive, but failed to take any actions to assist him.

“The manner of death deemed a homicide by the Maryland state medical examiner is believed to be the result of a fatal injury that occurred while Mr. Gray was unrestrained by a seatbelt while in the custody of the Baltimore Police Department wagon,” Mosby said.

Officer Caesar Goodson, 45, who drove the van, is charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree negligent assault, manslaughter by vehicle by means of gross negligence, manslaughter by vehicle by means of criminal negligence, misconduct in office for failure to secure a prisoner, and failure to render aid.

Officer William Porter, 25, is being charged with involuntary manslaughter, assault in the second degree and misconduct in office.

Lieutenant Brian Rice, 41, who led the chase of Gray, is being charged with involuntary manslaughter, assault in the second degree, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officers Edward Nero, 29, and Garrett Miller, 26, are being charged with assault in the second degree ‒ intentional; assault in the second degree ‒ negligent; misconduct in office; and false imprisonment.

Sergeant Alicia White, 30, is being charged with involuntary manslaughter, second degree assault and misconduct in office.

“A warrant has been issued for their arrests,” Mosby told reporters. “We filed the statement of charges this morning at about 9:30, 10 o’clock this morning.”

She would not comment on whether any of the officers had been arrested yet.

“While I am committed to transparency, what I have revealed here today is now a matter of public record. However, the evidence that we have collected and continue to collect cannot ethically be released to the public,” Mosby said when she finished reading the charges she had filed.

“I strongly condemn anyone in law enforcement with access to trial evidence who has leaked information prior to the resolution of this case,” she added. “You are only damaging our ability to conduct a fair and impartial process for all parties involved.”

Mosby also called for calm in Baltimore of the wake of her announcement.

"I heard your call for 'no justice, no peace," she said. "Your peace is sincerely needed as I work to deliver justice on behalf of this young man."

World watching .. every 2nd day an unarmed black man murdered "On Camera" .. imagine how many innocent blacks are killed every day without a (video) witness

Oh Lord, have mercy

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

There are a lot of seemingly contradictory facts in the charges being filed. Most notably the Medical examiner said that Gray suffered his injuries after he was in the police van. IF so why are the officers that arrested him being charged with murder ?

Az Again I don't give a damn what Russia propaganda Today has to say. Not even a little one.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:Simple Minded,

I do not disagree sufficiently with you to make an issue of your position. But I feel that Baltimore may indeed be a sign of a much more global problem, not limited to the US, so that we should not, maybe, treat it as an isolated incident due solely to local circumstances. I am afraid we are moving towards a deeply authoritarian state, dominated by the proverbial 1% who will use the security issue to more completely enslave the rest of us. Their control of most of the economy and of the security apparatus (professional army and police) would then make it virtually impossible for a liberation movement to be successful. Specially in countries, like the US and Northern European countries, where people are excessively respectful of authority. Southern Europeans' anarchist soul may on the other hand, give them a better chance at resisting this trend.
Endo,

I can agree with much of this. We have racism/ageism/sexism/heightism/weightism/religionism/politicalism/hair colorism/good looksism etc. in the US.

As a person moves away from being Fred, but instead voluntarily chooses to identify with a group label, IMSMO, it often seems to be an effort to avoid the responsibility that comes with being an individual exercising their free will.

You and I (or any two people) can agree or disagree on anything, but once either of us assumes the other is a typical American/European/white/black/republican/democrat/liberal/conservative/Christian/Muslim etc. massive inaccuracies enter (often intentionally by design) the analysis.

Again this seem by design. The flip side of divide and conquer is unite and rule. No Govt wants to expend the continual effort of herding cats.

My guess is this is roughly equal in populations of similar size.

About 25 years ago, I noted the trend away from individual personal responsibility accelerating. More and more, "society' was deemed to be unfair, and the individual was considered a "victim." The sense of group identity seemed to be increasing at the same time. There is a grievance group for everyone. Just join one and we will compensate your for cosmic injustice!

I have often noticed that young people need to know the group identity of a person before they are willing to evaluate an opinion as being valid or not. Interesting phenomena, it seems cyclical/generational to me.

No doubt much of my BIOS is due to my parents not allowing me to indulge in self-pity during my formative years. They had a low tolerance for whining and pouting.

I think that proves they were racists!! ;)

Dr. Walter Williams says it well, IMSMO, "I'm glad I grew up in the US at a time when white people didn't like black people."

I'm glad I grew up in a time when society ignored the wishes of children! I would have milked it for all it is worth! :)
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Az Again I don't give a damn what Russia propaganda Today has to say. Not even a little one.

:lol: :lol:

Doc, pls post which news and analysis sources you care so that we keep to that source

Re this fiasco, pretty much all media sayin same thing, I could have posted same content from Washington Post or NYT

and, Doc, world watching, America must come with an explanations why, as NYT said and I posted, 10% of black man are in jail, why everyday so many innocent blacks are murdered by white police officers, a fraction captured on camera .. sayin I don't care what RT says kiddin yourself

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:
There are a lot of seemingly contradictory facts in the charges being filed. Most notably the Medical examiner said that Gray suffered his injuries after he was in the police van. IF so why are the officers that arrested him being charged with murder?
Once the police arrest someone they become responsible for that person's safety. Being in a police van proves the police were responsible. Second or third degree murder charges would be expected, with cooperative participants probably allowed to plead down to manslaughter or negligent homicide.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
Once the police arrest someone they become responsible for that person's safety. Being in a police van proves the police were responsible. Second or third degree murder charges would be expected, with cooperative participants probably allowed to plead down to manslaughter or negligent homicide.
But the police officers that put Gray into the van and never saw him again are being held responsible. That makes no sense.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The police officers charge in the Freddy Gray murder:

It seems it is not about racism after all.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:The police officers charge in the Freddy Gray murder:

Doc,

That line up is a gift to racists.

Alex.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

You may very well be right. It is about the misuse of power by all levels of government, it's about authoritarianism vs. democracy, it's about exploitation of the have-nots by the rich who control all sources of power - the economy, the police, the armed forces. Black police officers - like white police officers - are mostly not racist, they are simply the new serfs of a new feudal society. They attack, they kill, they maim, they arrest on command by the new lords who write the law as they see fit. I'm afraid the have-nots must start killing the haves before things can change. With so many weapons around, it shouldn't be hard to implement...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
But the police officers that put Gray into the van and never saw him again are being held responsible. That makes no sense.
I think that this defense will prove popular with goodfellas arrested for stuffing a guy into the trunk of a car and dropping the car off at the car compactor at the local junk yard.

"Okay, okay, so I put him in, but I'm telling ya, I never seen him again."
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
Yes it does. If the police arrest someone in the US they are responsible for keeping them under observation and delivering them safely. Ever notice how when someone is arrested and put into a squad car the arresting officer guides their head so the criminal will not bump their precious little noggin on the doorframe? That is standard procedure because the police are responsible for the safety of the arrestee.

The arrest of the officers is correct, but it an active murder investigation permits Baltimore PD to immediately slam a lid on any more public investigation. The cover-up begins with the arrest of the officers.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:

Doc,

Alex.
alex,

You may be right. Someone for almost everyone to hate.

If we could add some at least one Asian, Native American, Jew, Muslim, female, Wall-streeter, and trans-gender....... I'd be satisfied. ;)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I think the good news about what is going on in Baltimore is it does not seem to have much of a racial bias. Also, it does not seem anywhere near as manufactured as Trayvon Martin or Ferguson.

It seems more about an out of control local government than anything else. At least based on the information I have seen. It may be a story that is being reported honestly that will lead to some actual solutions.

Being born into a dysfunctional family, single parent family, or a dysfunctional neighborhood is a tough challenge for any young person to overcome.

Single moms have it tough.

If my father was not the unquestioned Alpha Wolf in our house, ready and willing to deploy Weapons of Ass Destruction at the drop of a hat, my three brothers and I would have forced my mother to either become Attila the Hun, or she would have been overrun.

The video of the mom slapping her son, and of the mayor's speech granting rioters space to destroy speak volumes of this situation.

“I’ve made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said during a press conference Saturday night.

“It’s a very delicate balancing act, because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”

I suspect that those few words may have nullified hundreds of hours of negotiations and perhaps millions of $ of incentives to get businesses to invest in Baltimore.... perhaps for a decade or two.

a slip of the lips as they say.....
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:

Doc,

Alex.
That is BS IT is an indictment of the progressives of Baltimore. Baltimore officials have left the impression for over a week that this is "racism". IT is a disaster for lying progressives.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
Yes it does. If the police arrest someone in the US they are responsible for keeping them under observation and delivering them safely. Ever notice how when someone is arrested and put into a squad car the arresting officer guides their head so the criminal will not bump their precious little noggin on the doorframe? That is standard procedure because the police are responsible for the safety of the arrestee.

The arrest of the officers is correct, but it an active murder investigation permits Baltimore PD to immediately slam a lid on any more public investigation. The cover-up begins with the arrest of the officers.
But the evidence is that Gray did ot bump his head on the way in. He hit his head after he had already traveled to another location. He died by government neglect.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:

You may very well be right. It is about the misuse of power by all levels of government, it's about authoritarianism vs. democracy, it's about exploitation of the have-nots by the rich who control all sources of power - the economy, the police, the armed forces. Black police officers - like white police officers - are mostly not racist, they are simply the new serfs of a new feudal society. They attack, they kill, they maim, they arrest on command by the new lords who write the law as they see fit. I'm afraid the have-nots must start killing the haves before things can change. With so many weapons around, it shouldn't be hard to implement...
This is about quotas. There was a story where Baltimore police officers were complaining bitterly that if a young cop wants to get ahead in the dept. they need to make as many arrests as possible. That is undoubtedly why Gray was arrested as he was found to have done nothing illegal. The official reason e was arrested was because of the knife he was carrying. But the knife was legal. This is a failure of the progressive government of Baltimore. They went for one week certainly knowing right from the start that this was not about racism. Yet they said nothing And in fact tried to leave the impression it was all about "racism" Is not the actions and words of the progressive officials of Baltimore not "racist"?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote:Well, it is more than a little amusing that the Free Love Generation is obsessed that their own kids* might be having sex in less than appropriate ways.

*Actually, they are not kids but adults responsible for their own decisions, but childhood has now been apparently extended into at least middle-age.
Right. Because people hate being at rest, we waste a lot of time and energy doing one thing then its opposite only to reverse course again for no discernible reason other than to ward of our uneasiness with tranquility. While this has little to do with the particulars in Baltimore, it has a lot to do some the logical leaps being intuited by our chattering class.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

There are four issues here:

1) The concrete incident of Freddy Gray and the Baltimore Police Department, represented by those six cops shown above

2) Continuing problems around race in the United States

3) Continuing militarization of the police/the police brutality angle

4) The vandalism of Baltimore and its governance or lack thereof.

Now, just as a knee jerk reaction I would connect 3 to 1 and maybe even 4 to 3; and I can understand how one would point to 2 out of 1, as well as seeing how all four points can be connected.

But can it be sufficiently shown that these points correlate outside of the minds of people who already believe they should?

The more I think about it, the less sure I am that anything outside a link between 1 and 4 are demonstrable. That it is impossible to glean 2 and 3 without coming at it politically. And that our answers diverge so wildly from what has come out of the mobs, there is a dissonance going on.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:There are four issues here:

1) The concrete incident of Freddy Gray and the Baltimore Police Department, represented by those six cops shown above

Now, just as a knee jerk reaction I would connect 3 to 1 and maybe even 4 to 3; and I can understand how one would point to 2 out of 1, as well as seeing how all four points can be connected.

But can it be sufficiently shown that these points correlate outside of the minds of people who already believe they should?

The more I think about it, the less sure I am that anything outside a link between 1 and 4 are demonstrable. That it is impossible to glean 2 and 3 without coming at it politically. And that our answers diverge so wildly from what has come out of the mobs, there is a dissonance going on.
Napster, yer getting old dude! deal with it! :)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:There are four issues here:

Re #4. The French, at least, stormed the Bastille, I don't think that they set fire to and looted their own neighbourhoods.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

The French, at least, stormed the Bastille, I don't thing that they set fire to and looted their own neighbourhoods.
Trouble with any revolution are the "sans-cullotes"... It would be great to have revolutions only with aristocrats and oligarchs and without those wanting to get rid of them... ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
The French, at least, stormed the Bastille, I don't thing that they set fire to and looted their own neighbourhoods.
Trouble with any revolution are the "sans-cullotes"... It would be great to have revolutions only with aristocrats and oligarchs and without those wanting to get rid of them... ;)
Baltimore is nearly as far from revolution as are pro sports soccer/hockey/basketball/etc riots.

I don't recall the revolutionaries of the American War of Independence burning down Boston in protest against the Redcoats.
Heracleum Persicum

America Finally Turns Its Attention to Rampant Racism

Spiegel

Why is America only now having an honest debate about racism ? The dead from Charleston are also the dead of a nation that has long refused to work through its past mistakes.

chicks comin back to roost

Mr. Perfect

Re: America Finally Turns Its Attention to Rampant Racism

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Where is the honest debate.
Censorship isn't necessary