Italy

Parodite

Re: Italy

Post by Parodite »

My hope is Meloni decides not to just survive the dictats from Brussels - where the only limited space given to her will be to rant about conservative values - but to destroy the EU before it comes to its full dictatorial fruitition around 2030.
Deep down I'm very superficial
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Perhaps I am a fool to find this woman inspirational. I do hope American conservatives are taking notes.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Parodite wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:59 pm My hope is Meloni decides not to just survive the dictats from Brussels - where the only limited space given to her will be to rant about conservative values - but to destroy the EU before it comes to its full dictatorial fruitition around 2030.

Brussel must be strengthened, and not weakened

Europe can only survive united .. a balkanized Europe has no power against new powers emerging in the new world

European future is only with "United states of Europe"
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

crashtech66 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:45 am Perhaps I am a fool to find this woman inspirational. I do hope American conservatives are taking notes.
I like her too, very refreshing. For being authentic, integrating healthy and justified emotion with buck loads of common sense and a pragmatic intelligence. And she knows how to deliver a speech! Volcanic… a style I like.

Compare her with anything available in the rest of the West. Trump, a clumsy windbag cowboy shooting from the hip with no talent to win hearts or minds outside his own personality-cult fan base. Nor can he construe intelligible sentences that fit a POTUS. Other US republicans are whispering stiffies compared to Giorgia Vesuvia Meloni. The mainstream center-to-left has gone mad everywhere, being hijacked by woke and environmentalist fascists unable to woke-up from their deep self-righteous hypnosis.Very little to expect there either.

In my own country NL, there is Thierry Baudet and his FvD who completely squandered his mission - that I supported with money and membership. Down from initially 22 seats (a record gain in Dutch history for a new party) to a mere 4 seats in the polls today. The reason FvD failed IMO is that he [Baudet] continued using the language of his culture war in parliament. IMO a politician should wear another hat the moment s/he becomes a plumber, voted into office to fix certain problems. Success is then defined by how much you achieved with actual policies going into effect. Baudet didn’t achieve anything. Same with Geert Wilders' PVV who primarily is an anti-Islam party without a program.

It is a danger in itself when those populist parties, that do have some good points and things to fight for, achieve zero-nil-nothing for their voter base for decades. At one point some of these voters will produce real Hitlerian reptiles again. Which in turn will give the notoriously infantilized greenies and lefties plus their globalist sponsors justification and free access to unlimited power and seal the fate of nation-state democracy for the forseeable future. It all probably has gone beyond that point of no return already. It is serious reform, destructive war or miracles.

The way I look at other politicians in Europe is if they seem to me people who want to mind their own national democratic business, as civilized neighbors in my European neighborhood - including a post-Putin Russia preferably. If they are willing to help dismantle the EU, or at least seriously reform, prune it back to something less invasive and doesn’t eat away national democracy and national sovereignty to the degree it does now, and increasingly so.

I don’t need to agree with everything people vote for in other nation states in my neighborhood, as long as they respect national borders completely. No More War in Europe! Just a willingness to participate on a voluntary basis in a coordinating body with shared interests concerning trade, environment, reforming a rogue financial industry (the sickest baby most in need of serious treatment) and a common military defense.

What to do with NATO is a question up for grabs: it’s time we Euros start to pay for and organize our own defense and stop freeloading on US money and gear. I totally sympathize with Mericans who wonder why so much $ US has to go abroad when the country itself is falling apart. And nothing is really discussed first there… nor explained to the Merican tax payer who funds all that far away sh*t. At the same time, the USA is also rapidly becoming an unpredictable rogue missile itself, a home internally divided to the point of near civil war.

It would not be wise however if Europe and US stopped being allies. To destroy is easier than to repair.

Russia Putin Inc. should just get over its divorce from former USSR satellite states and leave these girls alone. They just don’t love you anymore Vlad! Then join an expanded NATO that secures USA, Europe with Russia included. This will also finally end the age-old paranoia that terrorizes the Russian soul for way too long. To be able to relax, be neighbors in a civilized neighborhood without the need to behave like murderous maffiosi.

The West also has a responibility to help post-Vlad Russia relax, not push them further and further into a corner with no exit avaliable. That exit is probably available somewhere just before a nuclear confronting is inevitable. Who blinks first. Russian roulette, it works. With a bit of luck.
Deep down I'm very superficial
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

@Parodite, your analysis seems good to me, so many devils in so many details, though. I'm tempted to wander far OT by addressing various points you make. Hopefully Ms. Meloni can walk the walk, too. If so, other similarly minded leaders will take notice and do well to emulate.

I think your post would be great in a discussion of Europe as a whole. I personally want to see Europe do well and wish my own country was still acting more in the spirit of the Marshall Plan to Western countries in distress. Re Russia, I think we blew our chance there after the fall of the USSR, our helping hand tends to turn to a grasping and greedy one. Takes a lot to feed the beast. It's not clear what could be done to alleviate a century of distrust other than to back off and encourage a more Eurocentric defense alliance, but that's not really good for the business of our most influential corporations.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:03 pm
crashtech66 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:45 am Perhaps I am a fool to find this woman inspirational. I do hope American conservatives are taking notes.
I like her too, very refreshing. For being authentic, integrating healthy and justified emotion with buck loads of common sense and a pragmatic intelligence. And she knows how to deliver a speech! Volcanic… a style I like.

Compare her with anything available in the rest of the West. Trump, a clumsy windbag cowboy shooting from the hip with no talent to win hearts or minds outside his own personality-cult fan base. Nor can he construe intelligible sentences that fit a POTUS. Other US republicans are whispering stiffies compared to Giorgia Vesuvia Meloni. The mainstream center-to-left has gone mad everywhere, being hijacked by woke and environmentalist fascists unable to woke-up from their deep self-righteous hypnosis.Very little to expect there either.

In my own country NL, there is Thierry Baudet and his FvD who completely squandered his mission - that I supported with money and membership. Down from initially 22 seats (a record gain in Dutch history for a new party) to a mere 4 seats in the polls today. The reason FvD failed IMO is that he [Baudet] continued using the language of his culture war in parliament. IMO a politician should wear another hat the moment s/he becomes a plumber, voted into office to fix certain problems. Success is then defined by how much you achieved with actual policies going into effect. Baudet didn’t achieve anything. Same with Geert Wilders' PVV who primarily is an anti-Islam party without a program.

It is a danger in itself when those populist parties, that do have some good points and things to fight for, achieve zero-nil-nothing for their voter base for decades. At one point some of these voters will produce real Hitlerian reptiles again. Which in turn will give the notoriously infantilized greenies and lefties plus their globalist sponsors justification and free access to unlimited power and seal the fate of nation-state democracy for the forseeable future. It all probably has gone beyond that point of no return already. It is serious reform, destructive war or miracles.

The way I look at other politicians in Europe is if they seem to me people who want to mind their own national democratic business, as civilized neighbors in my European neighborhood - including a post-Putin Russia preferably. If they are willing to help dismantle the EU, or at least seriously reform, prune it back to something less invasive and doesn’t eat away national democracy and national sovereignty to the degree it does now, and increasingly so.

I don’t need to agree with everything people vote for in other nation states in my neighborhood, as long as they respect national borders completely. No More War in Europe! Just a willingness to participate on a voluntary basis in a coordinating body with shared interests concerning trade, environment, reforming a rogue financial industry (the sickest baby most in need of serious treatment) and a common military defense.

What to do with NATO is a question up for grabs: it’s time we Euros start to pay for and organize our own defense and stop freeloading on US money and gear. I totally sympathize with Mericans who wonder why so much $ US has to go abroad when the country itself is falling apart. And nothing is really discussed first there… nor explained to the Merican tax payer who funds all that far away sh*t. At the same time, the USA is also rapidly becoming an unpredictable rogue missile itself, a home internally divided to the point of near civil war.

It would not be wise however if Europe and US stopped being allies. To destroy is easier than to repair.

Russia Putin Inc. should just get over its divorce from former USSR satellite states and leave these girls alone. They just don’t love you anymore Vlad! Then join an expanded NATO that secures USA, Europe with Russia included. This will also finally end the age-old paranoia that terrorizes the Russian soul for way too long. To be able to relax, be neighbors in a civilized neighborhood without the need to behave like murderous maffiosi.

The West also has a responibility to help post-Vlad Russia relax, not push them further and further into a corner with no exit avaliable. That exit is probably available somewhere just before a nuclear confronting is inevitable. Who blinks first. Russian roulette, it works. With a bit of luck.
No King to be found. Leadership that is insane.

You are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

EmTz7EAYLrs
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Denethor and Theoden were captured by a persistent defeatism, directly or indirectly due to the influence of Sauron. Realism is most often helpful, but allowing one's mind to be captured by nihilism is not.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:49 pm
No King to be found. Leadership that is insane.

You are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

EmTz7EAYLrs
One can't help but wonder if Tolkien was inspired the events of the Siege of Vienna, 1683, where the Polish-Lithuanian Hussars, along with other European forces*, led by King Jan III Sobieski broke the siege and routed the far larger Ottoman army.

*Very pan-European, well pre-EU, and far more effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9x5ADYWXeo

-9x5ADYWXeo
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.