The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Typhoon

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: . . .
Gotta love a wedding. I bet he brought a classy gift.
Just a businessman doing business in NYC. Honestly Doc, you are a political ingenue.

Cooperation between parties is Trump's true advantage, and the basis of all successful politics. This R/D polarization is only for rallying the unwashed masses and vaporizes a election day +1. The ability to seduce your competition cannot be reduced to soundbites, but it the single most valuable talent.

But Trump is not the only successful Look closely at Kasich. He can bring Dems across the isle. Not a showy candidate, but a deeply successful mix of executive, legislative, local and national service. This is the only fully qualified candidate.
Hollywood Rep - Paglia | Kasich Won
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Just a businessman doing business in NYC. Honestly Doc, you are a political ingenue.

Cooperation between parties is Trump's true advantage, and the basis of all successful politics. This R/D polarization is only for rallying the unwashed masses and vaporizes a election day +1. The ability to seduce your competition cannot be reduced to soundbites, but it the single most valuable talent.

But Trump is not the only successful Look closely at Kasich. He can bring Dems across the isle. Not a showy candidate, but a deeply successful mix of executive, legislative, local and national service. This is the only fully qualified candidate.
Kasich is the only truly qualified GOP candidate. This really was not a debate. It was a balloon/dart carnival midway hustle. Trump won, because he refused to kowtow to the GOP overlords. No Ron Paul/Ross Perot backroom assasination for him.

Kasich gets the level 2 prize. A couple more wins and he can trade up to the giant stuffed clownfish. Trump aimed a 9mm at the Adelson/Koch machines. He won the debate in the first ten seconds by showing how diplomacy actually works.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote:If there is little to no consensus about anything between Reps and Dems.. what hope is there for the US.
The greatest hope. The end of the Democrat party and liberalism in the US. All our dreams coming true.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Kasich is the only truly qualified GOP candidate. This really was not a debate. It was a balloon/dart carnival midway hustle. Trump won, because he refused to kowtow to the GOP overlords. No Ron Paul/Ross Perot backroom assasination for him.

Kasich gets the level 2 prize. A couple more wins and he can trade up to the giant stuffed clownfish. Trump aimed a 9mm at the Adelson/Koch machines. He won the debate in the first ten seconds by showing how diplomacy actually works.
Kasich won the leftist vote gladly we don't have any of those. Nothing changed except jeb will poll a little weaker.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump is bringing out unbelievable derangement in the most surprising quarters. Hope it continues.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

They are saying the debate was the biggest of all time. Pack those bags democrats
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Kasich won the leftist vote gladly we don't have any of those.
You've lead us to believe the Republican Party is perfect, how can they habor a candidate that attracts the gauchiste?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Are you a CNN moderator. I'm more focused on economic resurgence and destroying government and reclaiming freedom. Won't you join me.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Tsk, tsk.
GOP insiders: Donald Trump is biggest loser

Donald Trump’s first presidential debate was a disaster.

That’s the assessment of Republican insiders in this week’s POLITICO Caucus, our weekly bipartisan survey of the top strategists, activists and operatives in Iowa and New Hampshire. They offered their reactions immediately after watching Thursday’s 9 p.m. prime-time debate in Cleveland.

Forty-four percent called the controversial real estate mogul the biggest loser of the evening, critiquing everything from his refusal to rule out a third party run, to perceived misogynistic comments to his acceptance of single-payer health care in other countries.

“Trump is an egomaniacal thug and everyone who never watched The Apprentice now knows that, too,” an Iowa Republican charged.

“What was his worst response: third party, chauvinism, single-payer, or bankruptcies?” railed a New Hampshire Republican, who like all participants was granted anonymity in order to speak freely. “His limited number of supporters can’t look the other way on this stuff forever.”

“Trump came across as peevish in his refusal to support the victor of the primary process,” said another New Hampshire Republican. “As a Republican I was proud of all the candidates on the platform with the exception of Trump.”Trump, who went into the debate as the highest-polling candidate in the field, has dominated headlines for weeks, sucking up oxygen from other candidates and forcing fellow presidential hopefuls to take positions on some of his more controversial statements concerning issues such as illegal immigration.

Democrats have reveled at the unsettling effect Trump has had on the GOP field, and sought to equate his views with those of the Republican Party. So it was perhaps not surprising that more than a third of the Democrats who are POLITICO Caucus participants named him as the winner of the debate, noting that he was the center of attention in every respect— given his rank in the polls, he even stood at the center podium.

[...]
C:\SoundFx\sharpeningknives.wav
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Sorry.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... t-stronger
When it became clear last week that Trump was the Republican front-runner, everyone assumed that the big battle shaping up in Republican politics was going to be between Trump and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush. But judging by Thursday’s raucous, electric debate, Trump may have sensed his true opponent before anyone else had a clue: It’s Fox News. Throughout the evening, Trump and his inquisitors battled back and forth like gladiators. Both parties emerged as huge winners.
#loinformationlifestyleisharmfultoyourhealth
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think, I'm not sure yet, but I think the derangement we are seeing from the left and the establishment in this case is that they rightly sense that Trump spells their doom. The other GOP candidates aren't as directly frightening. Yes, the Democrats are going extinct. But if extinction come slow enough you can live in denial.

Trump rewrites all the rules, in the good way. The necrotic media and power structures are about to get blown away if Trump succeeds. All the people on the gravy train, left right center are about to be on the street. The fear is so palpable.

The @$$ kicking Trump is doing will eventually be given full force to the Democrat party, and you guys will not survive. It will be fast and it will be ugly, in the sense of how merciless he will be and how complete your destruction will be.

Popcorn time.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

One of the major challenges Democrats face is there are no skeletons in the Trump closet. He is an open book, a public figure for 30 years.

There are no Clintonian bimbo eruptions to come, no Cosby women to come out of the closet. All the people who work with him love him. The women that come forward will support him. Like this one.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/07/brand ... s-comment/
During the GOP debate Thursday night, Megyn Kelly brought up the season of “Celebrity Apprentice” when Donald Trump told Brande Roderick it would be “a pretty picture to see her on her knees,” and now Roderick is defending Trump, saying she doesn’t remember him making the comment in the first place.

“Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women’s looks,” Kelly said to Trump. “You once told a contestant on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president?”

Trump defended himself by arguing that the country is too politically correct, and the former Playboy Playmate is defending him as well.

“Like him, I didn’t even remember him saying that,” Roderick said during an interview on MSNBC Friday morning. “I’ve always had a positive experience around Donald. He’s always been encouraging. He’s never been disrespectful to me.”

“I don’t condone men being derogatory, but I think he’s just on television. He’s trying to be funny. He didn’t mean anything horrible by it.”
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

What if Trump decides to run for the Dems eventually.. is that in theory possible?
Deep down I'm very superficial
kmich

Post by kmich »

Parodite wrote:What if Trump decides to run for the Dems eventually.. is that in theory possible?
No, Trump will run for Trump, not for anyone else. That is his appeal.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/08/ ... oundation/
Fiorina Slams Trump: I Didn’t Get a Call From Bill Clinton Or Give to Foundation

by Ian Hanchett6 Aug 2015289

Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina criticized fellow candidate Donald Trump by citing his phone call with former President Bill Clinton and donations to the Clinton Foundation at the first Republican presidential debate on Thursday.

Fiorina stated, “I didn’t get a phone call from Bill Clinton before I jumped in the race. Did any of you get a phone call from Bill Clinton? I didn’t. Maybe it’s because I hadn’t given money to the foundation, or donated to his wife’s Senate campaign. Here’s the thing that I would ask Donald Trump in all seriousness. He is the party’s frontrunner right now, and good for him. I think he’s tapped into an anger that people feel. They’re sick of politics as usual. You know, whatever your issue, your cause, the festering problem you hoped would be resolved, the political class has failed you. That’s just a fact. And that’s what Donald Trump taps into. I would also just say this, since he has changed his mind on amnesty, on healthcare, and on abortion, I would just ask what are the principles by which he will govern?”
Smart businessmen always give to both parties to ensure access. They are not buying influence, but they want to ensure that the door is always open. This is evidence of Trump's smarts and honesty.

Only a corrupt or dishonest businessman would wed themselves to a single party.
Yeah but they don't usually have the former vice pres and sec of state show up at their wedding AND a former vice pres of the other party call three weeks before they announce a run for president against the former president's wife. Plus all of trumps flip flops on major issues. This called marketing where you can lie as much as you can get away with, and the ends always justify the you ever

Hmmm Actually sounds like Donald is Hillary's separated at birth brother.

Trump got more negative votes on his debate performance from Republicans than from Democrats by a 2-1/2 to 1 margin. 45% of republicans thought he sucked 20% of democrats did. So why Trump would draw in more democrats and fewer republicans would support him.

Fiorina is my favorite at the minute. SO many choices.

But maybe I am being unfair to the Donald
Trump: Kelly Had ‘Blood Coming Out of Her Eyes, Blood Coming Out Of Her Wherever’ In Debate

So Trump is claiming it was her time of the month?

:roll:
Last edited by Doc on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

I'm gonna drown in pepto bismol with all this Fiornia love.

The lady lavandered/genuflected/[all the language filter words on the board] Hewlett Packard. You want to say the Compaq debacle wasn't her? By all indications that's fair; but she's a proven incompetent who lived a life of upwards promotion. [Self-Proclaimed] Bad secretary moves up the corporate ladder and becomes a bad CEO who then runs a bad Senate campaign which somehow qualifies her to be President of the United States. [or more realistically, she is running for a cabinet position/VP].
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

As James Kunstler, who does have his moments, pointed out in his column this week, Trump does have one issue, immigration. I have been thinking for years that a candidate who would plausibly promise a moratorium on immigration into the USA could win handily.

As I said above, Sanders also has a secret issue, anti-GMO. Are we set have a campaign on "The Issues" for once? That combined with real conventions could make this years' a spectacle worth watching!
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:I'm gonna drown in pepto bismol with all this Fiornia love.

The lady lavandered/genuflected/[all the language filter words on the board] Hewlett Packard. You want to say the Compaq debacle wasn't her? By all indications that's fair; but she's a proven incompetent who lived a life of upwards promotion. [Self-Proclaimed] Bad secretary moves up the corporate ladder and becomes a bad CEO who then runs a bad Senate campaign which somehow qualifies her to be President of the United States. [or more realistically, she is running for a cabinet position/VP].
That makes her better than Hillary Clinton.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:I'm gonna drown in pepto bismol with all this Fiornia love.

That makes her better than Hillary Clinton.
okay.

I'm starting to think you have a crush on Hillary. You talk about her more than Bill does. :D

She is another one who defies gravity. If you ignore sex scandals, all of the Clinton's other woes are from schemes she screwed up. She incompetent at being shady- if you are going to put scoundrels in power, you'd hope they'd be better at it than Hillary.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I don't want her to be President.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

kmich wrote:
Parodite wrote:What if Trump decides to run for the Dems eventually.. is that in theory possible?
No, Trump will run for Trump, not for anyone else. That is his appeal.
True. Hillary will run to represent her donors. Just another way Trump is better than Hillary.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Fiorina has Trump's problem of inexperience. The Presidency is only one part of a representational system and is not the CEO of America, Inc. The strings of power and the relational systems are entirely different.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

After bama experience is no longer a qualification for President.
YMix

Post by YMix »

C:\SoundFx\sharpeningknives01.wav
Trump dumped from conservative event in Atlanta over 'inappropriate' comments

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was dumped from a prime speaking role to an important gathering of conservative activists on Friday for his criticism of Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly after a combustible debate performance.

Trump was scheduled to deliver the keynote address on Saturday night at a conference in Atlanta organized by Red State, an influential conservative group.

Red State chief Erick Erickson said he had disinvited Trump from the event because of what he described as "demeaning" remarks about Kelly who was one of three moderators during the first major Republican debate on Thursday night in Cleveland.

"While I have tried to give him great latitude, his remark about Megyn Kelly was a bridge too far," Erickson said, adding he had invited Kelly, one of Fox's highest profile anchors, to attend his conference in Trump's place.

Trump was unbowed by the dumping.

"This is just another example of weakness through being politically correct," his campaign said in a statement.

"For all of the people who were looking forward to Mr. Trump coming, we will miss you. Blame Erick Erickson, your weak and pathetic leader. We'll now be doing another campaign stop at another location."

During the debate, Kelly asked Trump to respond to derogatory statements he had made in the past about women, calling them "fat pigs" for example. Trump tried to wave off the question and dismissed Kelly during a raucous debate performance.

"And honestly Megyn, if you don't like it, I'm sorry," Trump said. "I've been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me. But I wouldn't do that."

Erickson said in a Facebook statement that in a CNN interview Trump said of Kelly: "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever."

"His comment was inappropriate," said Erickson.

"It is unfortunate to have to disinvite him. But I just don't want someone on stage who gets a hostile question from a lady and his first inclination is to imply it was hormonal. It just was wrong," he said.

"He is not a professional politician and is known for being a blunt talker. But there are even lines blunt talkers and unprofessional politicians should not cross. Decency is one of those lines."

A variety of Republican presidential candidates have been speaking at the Red State gathering in Atlanta and Trump was scheduled for a prominent appearance.

Shortly before Erickson's statement, Trump's campaign had just put out a media advisory with the schedule for Trump's appearance.

The New York billionaire has been riding high in the polls in recent weeks as Republican search for their nominee to face the Democrats' choice in the November 2016 election.

Carly Fiorina, the business executive who is the only woman running for the Republican nomination and who spoke to Red State on Friday, applauded Trump's dumping.

"I stand with @megynkelly," she tweeted.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.