The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote:Oh, my RPLP friends are going to be having coronaries today.... :lol:
I have offered to set up support groups for the delicates in these confusing Trumpian times.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Oh, my RPLP friends are going to be having coronaries today.... :lol:
I have offered to set up support groups for the delicate in these confusing Trumpian times.
I appreciate that, but I'm sure a nice serving of Hemlock in a historic, commemorative mug, er, uh, make that a wine glass, will sell better.

Maybe Alexis could recommend an appropriate cheese to go along with the Hemlock.

I'd suggest Cheeze Whiz and Malt Duck, but they're too snobby for that. :D

some may voluntarily sign up for the Trump Train part doo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNGGuxMEtQU
Alexis

Sacking of Rome?

Post by Alexis »

According to The Guardian - UK - election of Trump is comparable to the sacking of Rome.
The unthinkable is only unthinkable until it happens. Then, like the sacking of Rome, it can seem historically inevitable. So it is with the global political earthquake that is the election of Donald Trump as the next president of the United States.
Fortunately, these journalists do not wander in hyperbole.

Just imagine what they would say, if the did.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Simple Minded wrote:I appreciate that, but I'm sure a nice serving of Hemlock in a historic, commemorative mug, er, uh, make that a wine glass, will sell better.

Maybe Alexis could recommend an appropriate cheese to go along with the Hemlock.
SM, French cuisine do not deal in poisonous herbs.

Do you think this is McDonald's, or what? :shock:

Regarding support groups for the downtrodden, I'd suggest transport to the ultimate safe space:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol some of us did learn lessons, some of did not. The election results reflected that accordingly.
Censorship isn't necessary
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Is there anyone who can now deny that the MSM and the Democrat Party are one and the same.

Someone deny it, I dare you.
I deny it. The MSM is a tool of the globalist olgarchy, Dems and GOPe. The GOPe is so lame it could not even get a horse into this race.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:

Regarding support groups for the downtrodden, I'd suggest transport to the ultimate safe space:

:lol: That's only going to work out for the travelers if everyone looks and thinks like they do wherever they arrive.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Alexis wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:I appreciate that, but I'm sure a nice serving of Hemlock in a historic, commemorative mug, er, uh, make that a wine glass, will sell better.

Do you think this is McDonald's, or what? :shock:

Closer to home
SAFESPACES.jpg
SAFESPACES.jpg (241.99 KiB) Viewed 417 times
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Is there anyone who can now deny that the MSM and the Democrat Party are one and the same.

I deny it. The MSM is a tool of the globalist olgarchy, Dems and GOPe. The GOPe is so lame it could not even get a horse into this race.
Lol the GOPe owns 60% of government fedstatelocal. Msm being Democrat doesn't preclude them from being globalist lol. Its all the same.
Doc

Post by Doc »

cyhmk.jpg
cyhmk.jpg (102.73 KiB) Viewed 409 times
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Congratulations to the supporters of the POTUS election winner and condolences to the supporters of the loser.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

It will be interesting to see how much support Trump gets from the GOP. Prior to noon yesterday, he was viewed as the nutcase who wore a suicide vest to their homecoming prom, and then proceeded to neuter all the candidates for Homecoming King.

Will they have long memories?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Doc wrote:
cyhmk.jpg
:)

Priceless.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Congratulations to the supporters of the POTUS election winner and condolences to the supporters of the loser.
We enjoyed it. Another week or so, and we can start speculating about 2018....
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Congratulations to the supporters of the POTUS election winner and condolences to the supporters of the loser.
Thank you.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:
We enjoyed it. Another week or so, and we can start speculating about 2018....
Trump wins.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Alexis wrote:

I can recommend fugu sashimi | 河豚 [blowfish; pufferfish] prepared by an amateur chef.

Suggest the ovaries and liver.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Preliminary estimates of voter turnout are 55.6%.

Not too different from previous recent elections.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Results as of now with 95.2% of votes accounted for:

Trump 290 electoral votes. Clinton: 228 electoral votes.

Trump: 59,692,974 popular votes (47.5%). Clinton: 59,923,027 popular votes (47.7%).

Trump ultimately obtains the electoral college majority to win the election, but narrowly loses the popular vote by 230,053, and, as such, joins 4 other presidents in our history who did the same: John Quincy Adams 1824, Rutherford B. Hayes 1876, Benjamin Harrison 1888, and George W. Bush in 2000.

Trump is the president elect, and I wish him the best and for his success for the sake of my country. However, this was an ugly, divisive election between parties, within parties, and within American society. Much healing and relationship building will need to be accomplished for a successful presidency to be possible.

Trump's victory speech was somewhat encouraging in that regard. We shall see. Crowing and gloating about victory is the last thing the victors and their supporters need to be doing now, as well as blaming and seeking scapegoats by the losers. Shocks will wear off, life will go on, and all we can do is the best we can as responsible citizens. I remain very pessimistic about our future, however. The dysfunction goes way beyond any individual party or presidential administration.
YMix

Post by YMix »

but narrowly loses the popular vote by 230,053
Ha! :lol:
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote:
The count puts a .002 margin between them. How much would you bet that we couldn't rout that out by the usual patterns of voter fraud?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Alexis wrote:

I can recommend fugu sashimi | 河豚 [blowfish; pufferfish] prepared by an amateur chef.

Suggest the ovaries and liver.
:lol: :lol:

with white or red sake?

and a side order of grits and biscuit gravy!
YMix

Post by YMix »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:The count puts a .002 margin between them. How much would you bet that we couldn't rout that out by the usual patterns of voter fraud?
Taking into account voter fraud and disenfranchisement perpetrated by both sides?

Anyway, that wasn't the point for me, but rather the fact that the popular vote is split almost equally between the candidates. No landslide for Trump.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
YMix wrote:
The count puts a .002 margin between them. How much would you bet that we couldn't rout that out by the usual patterns of voter fraud?
I thought only "climate scientists" used numbers that small..... I'm gonna take a poll......