The Donald....the newest savior.....

noddy

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by noddy »

dodgin overdue bills, cancelling contracts and duckin and weavin from commitments are the skills merkia needs most right now.

heh.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:dodgin overdue bills, cancelling contracts and duckin and weavin from commitments are the skills merkia needs most right now.

heh.
Brilliant.

I'm forging your birth certificate as we speak. Whadda ya doing on November 8th? If ya got any pictures in which you look part black and/or part female, that would improve our chances of success. Please send immediately.

Destroy any pics which show an orange tint on your skin.

Nutscapes of your hometown may also help.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Perhaps, but it is doubtful that he will work for anyone other than himself if elected POTUS.
He hasn't worked for anyone else but himself his entire life. I don't understand why anyone would expect Trump to suddenly start working for the nation/people/whatever.
Its a Merikan thang YMix. Google the phrase "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" for clarification.

Alright, alright, quit yer whining, I'll do it for you! ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=i%27m+f ... JTgF9GzYdE

Or take a couple lessons from Hank Kimball, whose modern career would probably be climate scientist or politician (as Twain said, I repeat myself).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jn32OCQ7ns
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Both Clinton and Trump suck enough on the level of stinky character to make it a zero sum game. But one of them will be POTUS. Remains which one suckers at the helm is less damaging to the USA. I would vote for Trump. 8-) :o
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:Both Clinton and Trump suck enough on the level of stinky character to make it a zero sum game. But one of them will be POTUS. Remains which one suckers at the helm is less damaging to the USA. I would vote for Trump. 8-) :o
This is probably the best argument for "Tailgunner" Trump that I have read to-date.

Would make for an interesting campaign slogan,

"Vote for T. T.

He'll do the least damage."
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Parodite wrote:Both Clinton and Trump suck enough on the level of stinky character to make it a zero sum game. But one of them will be POTUS. Remains which one suckers at the helm is less damaging to the USA. I would vote for Trump. 8-) :o
This is probably the best argument for "Tailgunner" Trump that I have read to-date.

"Vote for T. T.

Congrats to you both. You're more American than either of you knew. Welcome to the our life. :)

Now that you are both one of us, feel free to splinter at will..........
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Clinton is very clearly the candidate who would do the least damage. We've been through a Clinton presidency before and it worked out just fine. Trump, OTOH, has a proven record of gross incompetence and wanton disregard for anything but his own ego. His unwillingness to relinquish his businesses and his secrecy over his personal finances would change half a century of precedent for the worse, a major step backwards from any of Clinton's corruption. Trump's surrogates are no less frightening -- just look at Chris Christie.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:

"Vote for T. T.

lol that would do. Requires also new types of questions from the moderators of tv debates. "Why is the other candidate worse than you are?" etc. Something akin the old camels race where the camel who arrives last will win. So the camel jockeys decide to sit on each others camel and make them run as fast as they can. Let the biggest sucker win.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote: . . . just look at Chris Christie.
I'd rather not, given a choice, if it's all the same to you.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:Clinton is very clearly the candidate who would do the least damage. We've been through a Clinton presidency before and it worked out just fine. Trump, OTOH, has a proven record of gross incompetence and wanton disregard for anything but his own ego. His unwillingness to relinquish his businesses and his secrecy over his personal finances would change half a century of precedent for the worse, a major step backwards from any of Clinton's corruption. . . . .
Sounds like you and your like-minded compatriots had better get out and vote then.

A low voter turnout will probably favour Tailgunner Trump over Harridan Hillary.

Going by vague memory, Carter lead Reagan in most, if not all, polls, yet Reagan swept up the overwhelming majority of states.

Of course, there's always "Dewey defeats Truman" as a lesson in POTUS election prediction.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

"Vote for T. T.

lol that would do. Requires also new types of questions from the moderators of tv debates. "Why is the other candidate worse than you are?" etc. Something akin the old camels race where the camel who arrives last will win. So the camel jockeys decide to sit on each others camel and make them run as fast as they can. Let the biggest sucker win.
Given the odd state of the global economy, one would have to be nuts to want the job of Blametaker-In-Chief.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:dodgin overdue bills, cancelling contracts and duckin and weavin from commitments are the skills merkia needs most right now.

heh.
Brilliant.

. . .
Seconded.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

T94hJo48ec0
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Given the odd state of the global economy, one would have to be nuts to want the job of Blametaker-In-Chief.
Hmmm... in several past elections, I remember various experts who were certain the excrement was going to hit the fan in the next presidential term. So they advised voting for the person you liked the least. That way you could see them swinging from the lampposts in a couple short years.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

He does make a perceptive point about the "bullies".

To paraphrase Voltaire,

"God preserve me from self-righteous would-be altruists who believe that they are morally superior*,

my enemies and my friends I can deal with."

*such people believe because they "care" about "whatever" more than the rest of us,
the standard codes of moral and social conduct do not apply to them.

tl;dr: the ends justify the means
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Hmmm... in several past elections, I remember various experts who were certain the excrement was going to hit the fan in the next presidential term. So they advised voting for the person you liked the least. That way you could see them swinging from the lampposts in a couple short years.
Good point. The track record of both experts and amateurs in predicting the future is no better than that of the local fortune teller.

Corollary: would would have to be nuts to want the job, period.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

tqoSV6-Hmn8

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... Ahmadinejaaaaaaat .. GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:

To paraphrase Voltaire,

"God preserve me from self-righteous would-be altruists who believe that they are morally superior*,

*such people believe because they "care" about "whatever" more than the rest of us,

Indeed. The situation with Trump reminds me of Pim Fortuyn who was killed by an environmental and animal rights terrorist. Fortuyn's political views on Islam and immigration would now not be labeled as racist and dangerous anymore: all he wanted was a more controlled immigration in order to be able to help integrate those that got in better, avoid the emergence of Muslim ghettos etc. But the climate was so triggerly warned sensitive to the issue that even bringing immigration up was considered proof of racist and near neo-nazi motives by the then still very regressive left (that is now much less regressive). They started a long campaign of demonizing Pim Fortuyn in the media.. a true mob frenzy to bring him down. Then a mentally instable guy with schizoid/psychotic problems did what he did... as a service to society. Plenty of similar instable people available in the USA willing to take down Trump who feel justified and covered by the bullies Scott Adams mentions.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Good point. The track record of both experts and amateurs in predicting the future is no better than that of the local fortune teller.

Corollary: would would have to be nuts to want the job, period.
Mencken: "The desire to save others is almost always a false front for the desire to rule others." Maybe AI & genetic engineering can someday produce an altruist that has no sense of self.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/26/michael ... -hell-win/

“Trump’s election is going to be the biggest ‘f**k you’ ever recorded in human history — and it will feel good,” Moore argued."

What I can't figure out is would the world's biggest FU in history be just another micro-aggression or something else?

"Trumped" may become a verb like "Borked."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:http://www.salon.com/2016/10/26/michael ... -hell-win/

“Trump’s election is going to be the biggest ‘f**k you’ ever recorded in human history — and it will feel good,” Moore argued."

What I can't figure out is would the world's biggest FU in history be just another micro-aggression or something else?

"Trumped" may become a verb like "Borked."
Well, it would certainly raise my opinion of Michael Moore.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth by the establishment pundits would be a wonder to behold.

However, I do I have to wonder about the claim that it would be the "biggest ‘f**k you’ ever recorded in human history".
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

To paraphrase Voltaire,

Indeed. The situation with Trump reminds me of Pim Fortuyn who was killed by an environmental and animal rights terrorist. Fortuyn's political views on Islam and immigration would now not be labeled as racist and dangerous anymore: all he wanted was a more controlled immigration in order to be able to help integrate those that got in better, avoid the emergence of Muslim ghettos etc. But the climate was so triggerly warned sensitive to the issue that even bringing immigration up was considered proof of racist and near neo-nazi motives by the then still very regressive left (that is now much less regressive). They started a long campaign of demonizing Pim Fortuyn in the media.. a true mob frenzy to bring him down. Then a mentally instable guy with schizoid/psychotic problems did what he did... as a service to society. Plenty of similar instable people available in the USA willing to take down Trump who feel justified and covered by the bullies Scott Adams mentions.
Kingfish.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:

However, I do I have to wonder about the claim that it would be the "biggest ‘f**k you’ ever recorded in human history".
Madame Guillotine immediately springs to mind as a entire level of exponential hyperbole above that.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:
Parodite wrote:Indeed. The situation with Trump reminds me of Pim Fortuyn who was killed by an environmental and animal rights terrorist. Fortuyn's political views on Islam and immigration would now not be labeled as racist and dangerous anymore: all he wanted was a more controlled immigration in order to be able to help integrate those that got in better, avoid the emergence of Muslim ghettos etc. But the climate was so triggerly warned sensitive to the issue that even bringing immigration up was considered proof of racist and near neo-nazi motives by the then still very regressive left (that is now much less regressive). They started a long campaign of demonizing Pim Fortuyn in the media.. a true mob frenzy to bring him down. Then a mentally instable guy with schizoid/psychotic problems did what he did... as a service to society. Plenty of similar instable people available in the USA willing to take down Trump who feel justified and covered by the bullies Scott Adams mentions.
Kingfish.
Can't connect the dots here, but if kingfish refers to fishy... indeed. ;)