Romania

Doc

Re: Romania

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:25 pm
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:45 pmAntivaxxer is a propaganda identity. Intelligent people want treatments that are tested to be safe and effective.

Health bureaucrats do not want people to exercise common sense, so they slander citizens who question obviously dangerous and untested treatments as ‘antivax’.
This is the kind of thing that will be analyzed for a long time. It sounds like common sense to say "this vaccine was developed too quickly, it's untested and I don't know what's in it". However, the same people take drugs for various conditions and have absolutely no idea how those drugs were developed and tested, nor what's in them. That's not common sense.
They assume since the FDA has said they are safe they are safe. Though the credibility of the FDA CDC and NIH have gone down quite a bit since COVID came along.

I can understand and respect the people's reluctance to trust the authorities, but the way that reluctance manifests itself is appalling, while the kind of justifications many people express are inconsistent, nonsensical or hysterical. Can't approve of that.
The decision to take the vaccine or any med should be between doctor and patient. The Vaccine rollout short circuited that in the US. You can get free vaccinations on demand in many places without consulting your doctor.

Haring so many prominent politicians here that have been caught disregarding the government proscribed precautions like wearing a mask in public do not exactly breed trust either. Almost seems like mandates have nothing to do with COVID.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:02 pmThey assume since the FDA has said they are safe they are safe.
No, they don't. They simply don't think about it or prefer cognitive dissonance over consistency. Same thing with people who say "Covid is a hoax" and "Migrants are bringing Covid through the southern border". Covid was a hoax until Fox told them to blame it on the migrants (or the Chinese). Then it suddenly became a huge problem, but not huge enough to wear a mask or vaccinate.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:18 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:02 pmThey assume since the FDA has said they are safe they are safe.
No, they don't. They simply don't think about it or prefer cognitive dissonance over consistency. Same thing with people who say "Covid is a hoax" and "Migrants are bringing Covid through the southern border". Covid was a hoax until Fox told them to blame it on the migrants (or the Chinese). Then it suddenly became a huge problem, but not huge enough to wear a mask or vaccinate.
Yes they do actually. Many people waited to take the vaccines until they were approved by the FDA. That is why the Pfizer vaccine was approved when it was. Of course that is the European version of the vaccine which is not available in the US. If The Pfizer vaccine that is available here was approved then Moderna and J&J vaccines would use would have to be prohibited for use, since they were not approved for anything other than Emergency use. IE Emergency use is only authorized when there is no other treatment/drug available.

I never thought covid was a hoax. In fact I was criticized here for saying it was. Democrats like Pelosi and Bill Debaisio said there was nothing to worry about and pointedly encouraged people to ignore it initially. Heavily criticized Trump for banning travel from China.(Which delayed COIVD getting to the US for months) It was after Fauci said Masks don't work before he said they should mandatory that people started loosing trust in the government line.

The Wuhan virus is now endemic. It is never going to go away. But the Spanish Flu never went away either. Its still out there.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:26 pmYes they do actually. Many people waited to take the vaccines until they were approved by the FDA.
Just as many hid behind the lack of approval and are still unvaccinated.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Pfizer vax is still unapproved. Corminanty was approved even though it is not available, and there is a bait & switch operation going on.

The Pfizer ex-head of vax development calls COVID a hoax. So does Nobel virologist Luc Montagnier.

The FDA, CDC and WHO are independent and privately funded NGO’s. Listen to the real medical experts and ignore the bureaucrats.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:11 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:26 pmYes they do actually. Many people waited to take the vaccines until they were approved by the FDA.
Just as many hid behind the lack of approval and are still unvaccinated.
In the US people are protesting partly because even if they have had COVID the mandate is still insisting they should have a vaccine.
Their body their choice I suppose. Though it seems like most of the anti mandate protests have been in Europe, and if they already had it they are not being required to get the vaccine.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... %253D%253D
YMix

Post by YMix »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:25 am Pfizer vax is still unapproved. Corminanty was approved even though it is not available, and there is a bait & switch operation going on.

The Pfizer ex-head of vax development calls COVID a hoax. So does Nobel virologist Luc Montagnier.

The FDA, CDC and WHO are independent and privately funded NGO’s. Listen to the real medical experts and ignore the bureaucrats.
Except that highly vaccinated Western Europe is doing OK, while hundreds die every day in low vaccination Romania.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 am
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:25 am Pfizer vax is still unapproved. Corminanty was approved even though it is not available, and there is a bait & switch operation going on.

Except that highly vaccinated Western Europe is doing OK, while hundreds die every day in low vaccination Romania.
Unfortunate, but accurate.

covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate.png
covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate.png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 22104 times

Source: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covi ... ZL~BRA~ARG

The advantage of the internet + social media is that it enables one to collect, display, and access information with unprecedented speed.

The disadvantage is that the quacks peddling snake-oil can do the same with regards to misinformation.

The irony is that 2 of the 3 COVID-19 vaccines used in the West were developed in the US, yet the US is the leader in COVID-19 deaths per capita in the West due to the politicization and fictionalization of what are basic public health care measures.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 am

Does Romanian have vaccines available?vWhile the death rate for Flu is about 1/5th from that of COVID it has the same death age distribution as covid. I know quite a few people who should have taken the Flu vax but never did because they were afraid of it. Which makes mandating it largely self defeating.

In West Africa international health care workers did relieve some suffering but largely did not directly help patients get better from Ebola. What they did do was example to people what they had to do to avoid getting Ebola i the first place. When people got afraid of it that is when they started to listen to what the health experts were saying.

In the US government officials and politicians said a lot of things that conflicted with each other and even themselves individually over time. They lost a lot of their credibility because of that. So people were less likely to listen to them. Which is not optimal.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:42 pmDoes Romanian have vaccines available?
More than enough. We've received 18.5 million shots so far. More than 4 million shots were donated and sold to other countries, but still about 800,000 shots expired because the vaccination rate was way behind schedule.

Over the summer, vaccination was down to a couple thousand people per day. Now, when so many people are dying that we can't bury them fast enough, we've reached 40,000 people getting their FIRST shot in one day. Way too late. Waiting time to schedule a funeral is one week.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:12 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:42 pmDoes Romanian have vaccines available?
More than enough. We've received 18.5 million shots so far. More than 4 million shots were donated and sold to other countries, but still about 800,000 shots expired because the vaccination rate was way behind schedule.

Over the summer, vaccination was down to a couple thousand people per day. Now, when so many people are dying that we can't bury them fast enough, we've reached 40,000 people getting their FIRST shot in one day. Way too late. Waiting time to schedule a funeral is one week.
:(

Are people staying at home?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:22 pmAre people staying at home?
Nope.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 am
Doc wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:22 pmAre people staying at home?
Nope.
Not good. At this point not much is.

During the Spanish Flu pandemic at first no one took it seriously. Then later children whose parents had died from it were being allowed to starve to death because all the adults in their neighborhood were so frightened of getting the flu, that no one gave them any food.

The same thing more or less with the west Africa Ebola out break.

People typically don't behave to protect themselves or those around them until they are truly afraid of dying. Just human nature.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... tific-work

‘A moral issue to correct’: the long tail of Elena Ceaușescu’s fraudulent scientific work
YMix

Post by YMix »

In funnier news, an Irishman left one hell of a Bucharest party last night/this morning and, around 4 AM, he somehow ended up near the Parliament (People's House) and decided that the huge building was his hotel. He jumped the wall (proving once more that walls don't work), broke a window and got inside, where he was apprehended by gendarmes and turned over to police officers from Precinct 17.

I'll raise a glass in his honor. :D
YMix

Post by YMix »

According to a French TV station, Romania has taken advantage of the stuff going down in Ukraine to annex Hungary. I don't know how that happened, but I'm quite pleased with the situation.

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:05 pm According to a French TV station, Romania has taken advantage of the stuff going down in Ukraine to annex Hungary. I don't know how that happened, but I'm quite pleased with the situation.

Opportunists! I guess the recent outbreak of salmonella in the romaine lettuce was also an ‘error’!
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:20 pmOpportunists! I guess the recent outbreak of salmonella in the romaine lettuce was also an ‘error’!
I can neither confirm, nor deny...
YMix

Post by YMix »

We're on a roll!

I think it's time to annex Russia and put an end to this crap.
noddy

Post by noddy »

least your safe now, away from the border scirmishes.

sometimes we move to austria and it gets quite confusing, I can barely order a beer.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:54 pm We're on a roll!

:lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:54 pm We're on a roll!

That's like the town of Duck, West Virginia. Someone asked me where it was. I said "I don't know, its gone south for the winter"
YMix

Post by YMix »

"For their day [June 1], children want simple things"
"We're talking about multiple rocket launchers, mounted on light armored vehicles"

#simplethings
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:42 am Image

"For their day [June 1], children want simple things"
"We're talking about multiple rocket launchers, mounted on light armored vehicles"

#simplethings
Easy mistake. The kid mixed up Santa Claus with Sinister Klaus.

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:38 pmEasy mistake. The kid mixed up Santa Claus with Sinister Klaus.
Yeah, that would be our president, Klaus Iohannis.