Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Zack Morris

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: The obvious problem with this argument is that guns can easily be purchased elsewhere with no background checks and transported.
The obvious problem with this statement is after many decades of people saying it there is no data to support it.

oBQGHfqqhHA

It's so easy for me to look up data, and facts. I wonder why other people cannot do it. I wonder.

Family or friend = straw purchaser. Wireless gun tracking based on cellular networks will soon be possible and cities could mandate it.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:
Family or friend = straw purchaser. Wireless gun tracking based on cellular networks will soon be possible and cities could mandate it.
Amen Zack. Let individual cities or counties deal with the specific problems they encounter thru local legislation decided by the local inhabitants.

Keep discussions of localized problems resulting from local culture (and even worse, the solutions the locals want to impose on the non-locals) off the national agenda, simply because the discussion of local problems is not widely applicable to other areas.

Keeping the option of voting with one's feet open is always a good thing.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Ten+ Officers Shot in Dallas

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Zack Morris wrote:That should be captured by race-specific local crime rates, which the study considered and found no correlation to. If black crime rates are higher, then the probability of encounters with the police increases. But as has long been argued, blacks are more likely to be profiled, which one would expect to lead to higher likelihood of police violence against them.
Again, what would crime rates tell you about police encounters?
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The globalists who instigated this may get more blowback than they expect.
By rights, the Second Amendment should serve as a totem of African-Americans’ full citizenship and enfranchisement. For centuries, firearms have been indispensable to black liberation: as crucial a defense against tyranny for Frederick Douglass and Martin Luther King Jr. as for Sam Adams and George Washington. . . .

. . . Far from being a digression from the principle of nonviolence, this willingness to defend oneself was heir to a long, proud tradition. Considering in 1850 what he believed to be the best response to the Fugitive Slave Act, Frederick Douglass proposed: “a good revolver.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/opini ... .html?_r=0
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:The globalists who instigated this may get more blowback than they expect.
By rights, the Second Amendment should serve as a totem of African-Americans’ full citizenship and enfranchisement. For centuries, firearms have been indispensable to black liberation: as crucial a defense against tyranny for Frederick Douglass and Martin Luther King Jr. as for Sam Adams and George Washington. . . .

. . . Far from being a digression from the principle of nonviolence, this willingness to defend oneself was heir to a long, proud tradition. Considering in 1850 what he believed to be the best response to the Fugitive Slave Act, Frederick Douglass proposed: “a good revolver.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/opini ... .html?_r=0
A proposed new US $20 bill
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
If guns that aren't wirelessly tracked are banned, only outlaws will have un-wirelessly tracked guns.

Why not just make it illegal to bring guns from areas where they are legal to areas where they are illegal "in the name of the leu"? :roll:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:That should be captured by race-specific local crime rates, which the study considered and found no correlation to. If black crime rates are higher, then the probability of encounters with the police increases. But as has long been argued, blacks are more likely to be profiled, which one would expect to lead to higher likelihood of police violence against them.
Apart from crime, which causes reports to be called in and officers developing a bias, what is a legitimate reason that police officers have such frequent contact with blacks?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Family or friend = straw purchaser.
Wow. You finally figured it out. Honestly, I didn't think you were capable. Well done. Wow.
Wireless gun tracking based on cellular networks will soon be possible and cities could mandate it.
Try it out on dope first, let me know how it goes.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Apart from crime, which causes reports to be called in and officers developing a bias, what is a legitimate reason that police officers have such frequent contact with blacks?
Who knows. Ask the people in your party, they run the PDs in those districts and have for generations.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Apart from crime, which causes reports to be called in and officers developing a bias, what is a legitimate reason that police officers have such frequent contact with blacks?
In the case of Eric Garner it was collection of a $2.86 per pack tax on "loosies" Progressives gotta have their taxes to distribute among their cronies. Without them progressive order would immediately break down and people would be dying in the city streets... Oh never mind
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
In the case of Eric Garner it was collection of a $2.86 per pack tax on "loosies" Progressives gotta have their taxes to distribute among their cronies. Without them progressive order would immediately break down and people would be dying in the city streets... Oh never mind
I think the cig tax in NYC is a bit more than $2.86 per pack. IIRC, cigs in NY are about $10 a pack higher than in VA, and in NYC you can add another $2-5 per pack. My cig smoking brother actually packs a few cartoons when he flies from CA to upstate NY.

I recently noted a sign in a VA convenient store that limited cig purchases to 3 cartons per day. I asked (axed?) about it. I was told the limit was to prevent people from buying in quantity here, and selling in the black market up north.

A friend who owns a convenient store told me if anything will get stolen in a break in, it will be the cigs. Lots of regulation drives up prices. No surprise there.

Eric Garner's death was just another a case of fascists hating free markets, and the old Leftist axiom of "to make an omelet, ya gotta break some eggs." IIRC, Garner was arrested 32 times. He probably had a nice little cash cow business going. Maybe he didn't keep up on his protection payments to the cops or the mob.

Da mob don't like no deregulation. Cuts into profit margin.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
I think the cig tax in NYC is a bit more than $2.86 per pack. IIRC, cigs in NY are about $10 a pack higher than in VA, and in NYC you can add another $2-5 per pack. My cig smoking brother actually packs a few cartoons when he flies from CA to upstate NY.

I recently noted a sign in a VA convenient store that limited cig purchases to 3 cartons per day. I asked (axed?) about it. I was told the limit was to prevent people from buying in quantity here, and selling in the black market up north.

A friend who owns a convenient store told me if anything will get stolen in a break in, it will be the cigs. Lots of regulation drives up prices. No surprise there.

Eric Garner's death was just another a case of fascists hating free markets, and the old Leftist axiom of "to make an omelet, ya gotta break some eggs." IIRC, Garner was arrested 32 times. He probably had a nice little cash cow business going. Maybe he didn't keep up on his protection payments to the cops or the mob.

Da mob don't like no deregulation. Cuts into profit margin.
$2.86 was the NYC tax per pack at the time of Garner's death.

BTW the legal limit of cartons across state lines is two. The ATF actually sits at the southern Maryland border and pulls over people witnessed going into Cigarettes stores in Va. If the occupants don't agree to turn over the cigarettes on the spot the ATF seizes the car and presses charges
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I read there were over 20 open-carry characters at the site of the tragic Dallas shootings. It was reported that they all scattered like chickensh*t when the sniper started firing and that their presence made it more difficult for the police to ID the actual sniper.

Any confirmation or refutation?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'm not sure you want to go there.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:I read there were over 20 open-carry characters at the site of the tragic Dallas shootings. It was reported that they all scattered like chickensh*t when the sniper started firing and that their presence made it more difficult for the police to ID the actual sniper.

Any confirmation or refutation?
You was expecting this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEVhrK_0AE

or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSswcQOTGgc

You must watch more Merikan TV than the open carry people at the event. ;)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

More importantly, where was Chuck Norris when we needed him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1O-1K1N_Ik
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm not sure you want to go there.

Never been to Dallas.

The closest is San Antonio.

I'm certain that there must be something worth seeing in Dallas.

Although, open carry chickensh*ts don't rate a visit.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Typhoon wrote:I'm certain that there must be something worth seeing in Dallas.
Dealey Plaza? :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Typhoon wrote:I'm certain that there must be something worth seeing in Dallas.
Dealey Plaza? :)
Last Thursday night would have been exciting. That area is called Dallas ally. Lots of pretty good bars and restaurants. Beautiful skyline from there.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:

Never been to Dallas.

Typhoon,

I'm not sure Mr. P meant "I'm not sure you want to travel to Dallas." ;)

I'm pretty sure you chose the word "chickensh*t" to bait Mr. P, but if that is really what you meant, I think that explains the cultural divide between gun owners and anti-gunners.

One side sees gun owners who don't randomly shoot people as chickensh*t, the other side sees gun owners who don't randomly shoot people as normal, law abiding citizens. The code word we use to describe them is "neighbors."

I guess if I spent more time in Detroit, NYC, Chicago, or DC, I'd be in the other camp..... :)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:

Never been to Dallas.

So... is there an argument in there...?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Bubbling up all over the place, now that Democrats and Muslims are behind these shootings over and over and over again, Democrats are discovering a low crime rate. Imagine that.

I would be so embarrassed to be liberal.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://theblacksphere.net/2016/07/democ ... -realized/
The final point on open-carry. Guns were to be a problem in Cleveland, yet there wasn’t a single shooting.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Open carry patriots may be the least likely segment of the population to commit any kind of violence. It's fantastic.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Silliest arguments based on limited observation window I've ever heard. Let's try to adapt it to a different topic:
The final word on Obama's economic policies. Economic malaise and an imminent market crash were to be problems, according to Donald Trump, yet both the stock market and hiring have rallied since he began his campaign.