Mass Migrations

YMix

Re: Preposterous on several counts

Post by YMix »

Alexis wrote:Speaking of which, how could physical constraint be applied to prevent people going from A to B... when both countries are in Schengen space and no border control exists between them? This relocation scheme is simply incompatible with Schengen principle of "no control at inner borders"!
I assume they are planning to set up labor borders, so to speak, using work permits. No work permit for you in Germany, but here's one for Slovakia.
- The numbers are totally inadequate. Obviously the politicians know that, however they want to first get accepted the principles of accepting the migrants as well as of sharing them between countries, then they will update the numbers progressively. Lies and deceit
Absolutely.
Then once the country has received order to comply... what if it just continues not to comply? What happens then?
No idea. The infringement procedure? Would such a country even be infringing on some EU document?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Re: Mass Migrations

Post by noddy »

without having time to research all the detail this sounds awfully like a recipe for creating angry right wing millitia and civil wars.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

European wars are not civil.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
noddy

Post by noddy »

:) cough.
ultracrepidarian
Alexis

Re: Preposterous on several counts

Post by Alexis »

YMix wrote:The infringement procedure?
No detail about that. I assume at some point the procedure would result in some European tribunal ordering Slovakia to comply. Schnell, bitte!

Then asssuming Slovakian government is unimpressed, the procedure would escalate to Schnell! without the bitte.

Then... what? I'm at a loss to imagine what sufficient pressure European institutions could bear on a restive government who knew they had the support of their population.

Speaking of which and while we're speaking of Central Europe, here is a picture of beautiful Prague, capital of the Czech Republic.

NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

So this deal is 'all gums' because it lacks the teeth of mandatory quotas, and that was the only way they could Poland on board?

And if so, it's basically a PR move for northwestern European leaders to go back to their rabbles and say, "We are all sharing the burden!" while the goal will still be to migrate to Germany, Scandinavia, the Netherlands, France and the UK?
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:IDF soldiers did not let paramedics approach the teenager, who the Israelis claimed had tried to stab one of them.
Photos posted online, however, appear to contradict the accusation
Azari, you are in the wrong thread. :)

This is the "Mass migrations" topic within the "Europe" subforum.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Alexis wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:IDF soldiers did not let paramedics approach the teenager, who the Israelis claimed had tried to stab one of them.
Photos posted online, however, appear to contradict the accusation
Azari, you are in the wrong thread. :)

This is the "Mass migrations" topic within the "Europe" subforum.
Quite.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Alexis

Young idealistic far leftist German mayor on migrants

Post by Alexis »

Harbinger of things to come?

Here is Boris Palmer, young Grüne mayor of Tübingen speaking about migrants
(note: die Grünen, the Greens, are a far leftist ecologist German polical party)

"We cannot uphold our asyl standards"

"We have to admit that German society is arriving at a rupture point"

"We cannot (afford to not expel some of these migrants) or people from other countries will think they should come too"

"The pain threshold of all German society is soon to become apparent. For not only engineers and academics are coming, but a lot more analphabetes"

"We are in a period of idealism about refugees, but it can't last"

"More than 70% of refugees are young men with quite different ideas about women, religion, freedom of expression, homosexuality or environmental protection from us Greens"
That young mayor has been experiencing first hand the beginning -merely- of difficulties resulting from this influx of population.

Nothing is better than reality hitting you in the face to give pause to think. Palmer then must be congratulated for his decision to speak straight.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Boris Palmer is a very Germanic name.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like a lot of nativism in Europe.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Young idealistic far leftist German mayor on migrants

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Alexis wrote:Harbinger of things to come?

Here is Boris Palmer, young Grüne mayor of Tübingen speaking about migrants
(note: die Grünen, the Greens, are a far leftist ecologist German polical party)
The Greens may be far left in Europe, but a quick google search reveals that Mr.Palmer has a history of advocating for more green-conservative coalitions, bucking party lines and angering his party.

So it may not be shocking that a guy like him speaks candidly like that; but he may have a good beat on current on-the-ground psychology.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Well...
Manuel Valls : "La France accueillera 30.000 demandeurs d'asile, pas plus"
Manuel Valls était l'invité de l'émission "Des paroles et des actes", sur France 2, jeudi 24 septembre. Il est revenu sur l'accueil des migrants en France.

Manuel Valls se veut ferme sur la question migratoire. Le Premier ministre a déclaré que la France n’accueillerait "pas plus" de 30.000 demandeurs d'asile.

Invité de l'émission politique de France 2 "Des paroles et des actes", le chef du gouvernement a souligné que "l'honneur de l'Europe, c'est d'accueillir ces réfugiés", avant de donner des chiffres: "Il y a 500.000 personnes qui viennent en Europe chercher une protection. La France a accueilli, depuis 3 ans, en moyenne, 66.000 demandes d'asile. L'Allemagne, 400.000 en 2014. Ce sont là les ordres de grandeur. La Commission européenne a proposé des centres d'accueil de 160.000 demandeurs d'asile. La France a proposé d'en accueillir 30.000.

Et ce ne sera pas plus."

"Il y a un double message très important à faire passer", a-t-il poursuivi. "Il y a cette tradition d'accueil, le droit d'asile. C'est un droit constitutionnel, international, inscrit au coeur même des valeurs de notre pays, de la République, de la France. En même temps, il y a quelque chose d'important. Nous ne pourrons pas en Europe accueillir tout ceux qui fuient la dictature en Syrie".

Manuel Valls est aussi revenu sur les mesures de sécurité liées à la question migratoire. "Pour que Schengen soit fiable, il faut des gardes-frontières, des frontières qui soient protégées. L'UE a le droit à avoir des frontières", ajoute-t-il. "Pour que le droit d'asile fonctionne, il faut que ceux qui sont déboutés soient reconduits à la frontière".

"Est-ce que l'on peut faire passer un message qui consiste à dire: 'venez tous en Europe ?' Non, ce n'est pas possible", estime le Premier ministre, qui rappelle que "l'immigration a toujours été une chance pour notre pays, mais tout cela doit être maîtrisé."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parts of Europe have their own natural defenses . . .

'Finland's no good': Disappointed migrants turn back
Tornio (Finland) (AFP) - Hundreds of predominantly Iraqi migrants who have travelled through Europe to reach Finland are turning back, saying they don't want to stay in the sparsely-populated country on Europe's northern frontier because it's too cold and boring.
Never underestimate the sisu of a drunken Finn.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Parts of Europe have their own natural defenses . . .

Tornio (Finland) (AFP) - Hundreds of predominantly Iraqi migrants who have travelled through Europe to reach Finland are turning back, saying they don't want to stay in the sparsely-populated country on Europe's northern frontier because it's too cold and boring.
My buddy from Egypt often said the same about Rochester, NY.

"We're desert people. We're not made for this."
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:

I once attended a goat farm in desolate mid-Sweden. But oh my.. the short day light, the cold snow white empty stillness, it didn't do what Christmas post cards do. My serotonin levels dropped by the day so I quit early back home.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

I once attended a goat farm in desolate mid-Sweden. But oh my.. the short day light, the cold snow white empty stillness, it didn't do what Christmas post cards do. My serotonin levels dropped by the day so I quit early back home.
It is amazing how environment can affect people's emotions. Being raised in Rochester, with probably over 150 cloudy days a year it seemed normal, after moving to Virginia, I would not dream of moving back (not to mention taxes that are much higher).

After spending 3 months in Saudi Arabia, I flew to Amsterdam. As the plane broke thru the clouds, just seeing green made me feel like I was happily drunk.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: I flew to Amsterdam. As the plane broke thru the clouds, just seeing green made me feel like I was happily drunk.
i cant tell if this was a double entendre or a happy accident.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Living in the US Midwest, the summers were fine. Hot, but less humid.

The interesting part was just how quickly the weather could change. Bright and sunny in the morning, funnel clouds by afternoon with a 10C drop in temperature.

The winters were impressive. Impressively cold and windy. I took a perverse pleasure in spending as much free time outdoors as I could.

Grew to love the flat prairie with it's open Big Sky.
Alexis

I'm hallucinating

Post by Alexis »

I'm hallucinating.

And so will you when you read the following excerpts of reality in Merkelistan - more commonly known as Germany

Germany is preparing itself a very serious hangover.

Is Angela Merkel the worst German chancellor of the postwar era?
noddy

Post by noddy »

blink.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Re: I'm hallucinating

Post by Typhoon »

Alexis wrote:I'm hallucinating.

And so will you when you read the following excerpts of reality in Merkelistan - more commonly known as Germany

That's so weird that it strains credulity.

Too bizarre for words, if accurate.

As for Merkel. Probably.

After all, her legacy is one of emasculated electric power generation in Deutschland combined with a massive increase in coal consumption.

That and her doner kebabinization of the Berlin Philharmonic

Alexis

Germany's police warns about escalating violence among migra

Post by Alexis »

"The men are fighting between themselves" (in German)
After the recent violences, the Federal President of the German police union Rainer Wendt fears an escalation of violence in refugee hostels. There is a "risk that the situation not only on the border but also in the refugee housings would come out of control,"

Wendt reiterated: "Our study shows that there is unfortunately in many places - not only in Kassel and in Hamburg - almost daily highly targeted and well prepared ethnically or religiously motivated violent clashes."

"There young, testosterone-driven men literally thresh in one another. These are not jostling due to the narrowness of the space, which can be seen because the asylum seekers go to part with weapons on each other, which they have previously tinkered of furniture itself - In the absence of other weapons."
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

obama Refugee Chief Didn’t Know Boston Bombers Were Refugees

Post by monster_gardener »

Thank You Very Much to the Moderators for maintaining the Forum,
At a Thursday Congressional hearing regarding the Obama administration’s plan to welcome tens of thousands of additional refugees into the United States, the administration’s top refugees official revealed that she had no idea whether the Tsarnaev brothers who carried out the Boston bombing arrived in the U.S. as refugees.

Barbara Strack, who serves as the chief of the Refugee Affairs Division at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service of the Department of Homeland Security, was grilled by the subcommittee’s chairman, Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama. Sessions asked Strack whether it was accurate that the two Boston bombers, Dzhokhar and Tamerian Tsarnaev, had entered the U.S. as refugees from Chechnya.

“I would need to check with my colleagues, sir,” Strack replied.
Does not inspire confidence that refugees are going to be properly vetted for terrorist intentions & tendencies before being allowed in.....
Last edited by monster_gardener on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

How Merkel Makes Room for Muslim Migrants......

Post by monster_gardener »

Alexis wrote:I'm hallucinating.

Thank You VERY MUCH for your post, Alexis....
Deserves to be quoted more fully especially for those who do not like to click on links......

Hamburg city officials say that owners of vacant real estate have refused to make their property available to the city on a voluntary basis, and thus the city should be given the right to take it by force.

"The proposed confiscation of private land and buildings is a massive attack on the property rights of the citizens of Hamburg. It amounts to an expropriation by the state [and a] "law of intimidation." — André Trepoll, Christian Democratic Union.

"If a property is confiscated... a lawsuit to determine the legality of the confiscation can only be resolved after the fact. But the accommodation would succeed in any event." — Tübingen Mayor Boris Palmer.

Officials in North Rhine-Westphalia seized a private resort in the town of Olpe to provide housing for up to 400 migrants

"I find it impossible to understand how the city can treat me like this. I have struggled through life with grief and sorrow and now I get an eviction notice. It is a like a kick in the stomach." — Bettina Halbey, 51-year-old nurse, after being notified that she must vacate her apartment so that migrants can move in.

The landlord is being paid 552 euros ($617) for each migrant he takes in. By cramming as many migrants into his property as possible, he stands to receive payments of more than 2 million euros a year from government.

"Considering that migrants cannot afford to rent new properties... moves must be initiated in which higher income households purchase or build more expensive accommodations for themselves in order to free up the less expensive housing for migrants." — The Berlin Institute for Urban Development, the Housing Industry and Loan Associations

"I saw an unbelievable situation: the elderly volunteer lifted the table halfway, looked at the migrant and moved his head asking the migrant to lend a hand. The migrant paused for a moment and then just walked away." — Firsthand account, refugee shelter.

German authorities are applying heavy-handed tactics to find housing for the hundreds of thousands of migrants and refugees pouring into the country from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

With existing shelters filled to capacity, federal, state and local authorities are now using legally and morally dubious measures — including the expropriation of private property and the eviction of German citizens from their homes — to make room for the newcomers.

German taxpayers are also being obliged to make colossal economic sacrifices to accommodate the influx of migrants, many of whom have no prospect of ever finding a job in the country. Sustaining the 800,000 migrants and refugees who are expected to arrive in Germany in 2015 will cost taxpayers at least at least 11 billion euros ($12 billion) a year for years to come.

As the migration crisis intensifies, and Germans are waking up to the sheer scale of the economic, financial and social costs they will expected to bear in the years ahead, anger is brewing.
More at the link..........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light