Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Azrael

Re: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics

Post by Azrael »

Physicists Discover the Secret of Quantum Remote Control

article excerpt below:

The ability to control one quantum particle by manipulating another somewhere else sounds like the stuff of science fiction. Now physicists say they know how to do it

. . .

Christine Muschik at the Mediterranean Technology Park in Barcelona and a bunch of mates say they’ve worked out how to teleport quantum stuff continuously.

That will allow them to manipulate one quantum particle while watching the effects occur in another particle elsewhere. That’s essentially quantum remote control.
cultivate a white rose
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Update and more analysis about DWave.

D-Wave’s black box starts to open up

excerpt:

I would argue that what he has shown is that D-Wave gives you a hardware implementation of simulated quantum annealing, but one that isn't coherent or entangled. And that is not hair-splitting. If I'm right, then even if they reconfigure the spin configuration so that something like Shor's algorithm could be implemented, it will not give you the expected speed-up when factoring prime numbers because the underlying assumptions of Shor's proof are not met by the device.

On the other hand, this might point to a way to test the internal coherence. It may be possible to not just calculate the final ground states but the probabilities of intermediate steps on the way to the solution. This calculation could be performed for both coherent and incoherent processes. Then you could check this by repeating the experiments and stopping early to see which distributions turn up.

On balance, Lidar gave a very clear and thorough presentation of the data so far. I would have to say that with every new paper, I become more convinced that this system is quantum in an important sense. For instance, even if I'm right that it isn't coherent, it is still going to provide a speed-up due to tunneling (all else being equal). What I think D-Wave may really need isn't more testing but a new generation of hardware engineers—those with more experience in integrated circuit design and fabrication—so that they can improve the hardware with more ease.

comment by author, Chris Lee:

I should note that I haven't quite got it right with respect to Shor's algorithm. A mathematician friend of mine noted that any complete Ising model can be mapped to the D-Wave Ising model at the cost of reducing the effective number of qubits (this is in the article). But, since Shor's algorithm can't be mapped to the current D-Wave architecture (as far as I know), it cannot be mapped to any Ising model.

That implies that D-Wave's computer is unlikely to be significantly better than a classical computer at factorization.
cultivate a white rose
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Fascinating.

There's something I don't understand . . .

What about the D and F orbitals? They aren't at least one of these shells incomplete? The article says that the D and F shells are diffuse. So, shouldn't this imply that Mercury is chemically at least moderately reactive?

Of course, I know that mercury isn't very reactive, but I still don't entirely understand why.
cultivate a white rose
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ars Tech | Thorium put to use, kills a few more versions of Supersymmetry
Its electrons say we won't find anything beyond the Standard Model at the LHC.
Well, anything beyond the SM predicted by Supersymmetry.

An experimental tour de force, btw.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Anyone know how this is proceeding? I have looked around but there is not much recent news about it when I google.

World's most powerful laser to tear apart the vacuum of space
A laser powerful enough to tear apart the fabric of space could be built in Britain as part major new scientific project that aims to answer some of the most fundamental questions about our universe.
Image 1 of 2
Richard Gray

By Richard Gray, Science Correspondent

7:00AM GMT 30 Oct 2011

Comments639 Comments

Due to follow in the footsteps of the Large Hadron Collider, the latest "big science" experiment being proposed by physicists will see the world's most powerful laser being constructed.

Capable of producing a beam of light so intense that it would be equivalent to the power received by the Earth from the sun focused onto a speck smaller than a tip of a pin, scientists claim it could allow them boil the very fabric of space – the vacuum.

Contrary to popular belief, a vacuum is not devoid of material but in fact fizzles with tiny mysterious particles that pop in and out of existence, but at speeds so fast that no one has been able to prove they exist.

The Extreme Light Infrastructure Ultra-High Field Facility would produce a laser so intense that scientists say it would allow them to reveal these particles for the first time by pulling this vacuum "fabric" apart.

They also believe it could even allow them to prove whether extra-dimensions exist.

"This laser will be 200 times more powerful than the most powerful lasers that currently exist," said Professor John Collier, a scientific leader for the ELI project and director of the Central Laser Facility at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Didcot, Oxfordshire.

"At this kind of intensity we start to get into unexplored territory as it is an area of physics that we have never been before."

The ELI Ultra-High Field laser is due to be complete by the end of the decade and will cost an estimated £1 billion. Although the location for the facility will not be decided until next year, the UK is among several European countries in the running to host it.

The European Commission has already this year approved plans to build three other lasers that will form part of the ELI project and will be prototypes for the Ultra-High Field laser.

Due to sited in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania, each laser will coast around £200 million and are scheduled to become operational in 2015.

The Ultra-High Field laser will be made up of 10 beams, each twice as powerful as the prototype lasers, allowing it to produce 200 petawatts of power – more than 100,000 times the power of the world's combined electricity production – for less than a trillionth of a second.

The huge amounts of energy needed to produce a laser beam of this strength is stored up over time before it is fired to produce large laser beams several feet wide that are then combined and focused down onto a tiny spot, much like sunlight through a magnifying glass.

At the focal point, the intensity of the light will produce conditions that are so extreme they do not exist even in the centre of our sun.

It will cause the mysterious particles of matter and antimatter thought to make up a vacuum to be pulled apart, allowing scientists to detect the tiny electrical charges they produce.

These "ghost particles", as they are known, normally annihilate one another as soon as they appear, but by using the laser to pull them apart, physicists believe they will be able to detect them.

It could help to explain the mystery of why the universe contains far more matter than we have been able to detect by revealing what so called dark matter really is.

Professor Wolfgang Sandner, coordinator of the Laserlab Europe network and president of the German Physics Society, said: "We are taught to think of the vacuum as empty space, but it seems even a true vacuum is filled with pairs of molecules that come into our universe for an extremely short time.

"An extremely powerful laser should be able to pull these particles apart and keep them in existence for longer.

"There are many challenges to be over come before we can do that, but it is mainly a matter of scaling up the technology we have so we can produce the powers needed."

The Science and Technology Facilities Council, which provides funds for Britain's involvement in major science facilities including the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva, has marked out the ELI as a key area it wants to focus on.

Scientists at the Centre for Advanced Laser Technology and Applications at Rutherford Appleton Laboratories in Dicot, Oxfordshire, are already developing technology that will be essential for producing such powerful lasers.

The Centre is thought to be one of the prime candidates for where the Ultra-High Field laser could be located, but it faces competition from sites in Russia, France, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic.

As well as offering new insights in to undiscovered realms of physics, scientists say the ELI lasers will also produce new laser based treatments for cancer and medical diagnostics.

Dr Thomas Heinzl, an associate professor of theoretical physics at Plymouth University, said: "ELI is going to take us into an uncharted regime of physics. There could well be some surprises along the way."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... space.html
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Acoustic levitation is pretty cool.

odJxJRAxdFU
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Cosmic 'web' seen for first time
By Simon Redfern Reporter, BBC News
Cosmic web of filaments An intense quasar can, like a flashlight, illuminate part of the surrounding cosmic web

The hidden tendrils of dark matter that underlie the visible Universe may have been traced out for the first time.

Cosmology theory predicts that galaxies are embedded in a cosmic web of "stuff", most of which is dark matter.

Astronomers obtained the first direct images of a part of this network, by exploiting the fact that a luminous object called a quasar can act as a natural "cosmic flashlight".

Details of the work appear in the journal Nature.

The quasar illuminates a nearby gas cloud measuring two million light-years across.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

In this case we were lucky that the flashlight is pointing toward the nebula and making the gas glow”

Sebastiano Cantalupo University of California, Santa Cruz

And the glowing gas appears to trace out filaments of underlying dark matter.

The quasar, which lies 10 billion light-years away, shines light in just the right direction to reveal the cold gas cloud.

For some years, cosmologists have been running computer simulations of the structure of the universe to build the "standard model of cosmology".

They use the cosmic microwave background, corresponding to observations of the very earliest Universe that can be seen, and recorded by instruments such as the Planck space observatory, as a starting point.

Their calculations suggest that as the Universe grows and forms, matter becomes clustered in filaments and nodes under the force of gravity, like a giant cosmic web.

The new results from the 10-metre Keck telescope in Hawaii, are reported by scientists from the University of California, Santa Cruz and the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg.

They are the first direct observations of cold gas decorating such cosmic web filaments.
UM 287 quasar and gas The observed portion of the cosmic web (cyan) is about 2 million light-years across

The cosmic web suggested by the standard model is mainly made up of mysterious "dark matter". Invisible in itself, dark matter still exerts gravitational forces on visible light and ordinary matter nearby.

Massive clumps of dark matter bend light that passes close by through a process called gravitational lensing, and this had allowed previous measurements of its distribution.

But it is difficult to use this method to see very distant dark matter, and cold ordinary matter remains tricky to detect as well.

The glowing hydrogen illuminated by the distant quasar in these new observations traces out an underlying filament of dark matter that it is attracted to it by gravity, according to the researchers' analysis.

"This is a new way to detect filaments. It seems that they have a very bright quasar in a rare geometry," Prof Alexandre Refregier of the ETH Zurich, who was not involved in the work, told BBC News.

"If indeed gravity is doing the work in an expanding Universe, we expect to see a cosmic web and it is important to detect this cosmic web structure."
In the dark

He added: "What is expected is that the dark matter dominates the mass and forms these structures, and then the ordinary matter, the gas, the stars and everything else trace the filaments and structures that are defined by the dynamics of the dark matter."

"Filaments have been detected indirectly before using gravitational lensing, which allows us to see the distribution of the dark matter.

"Part of the ordinary matter has formed stars, which we can see, but another component is the gas. If the gas is very hot it emits X-rays and can be seen using X-ray telescopes. Other techniques to detect cooler gas now include the method described here."
Continue reading the main story
Dark energy and dark matter mysteries
Lux dark matter detector

Gravity acting across vast distances does not seem to explain what astronomers see
Galaxies, for example, should fly apart; some other mass must be there holding them together
Astrophysicists have thus postulated "dark matter" - invisible to us but clearly acting on galactic scales
At the greatest distances, the Universe's expansion is accelerating
Thus we have also "dark energy" which acts to drive the expansion, in opposition to gravity
The current theory holds that 68% of the Universe is dark energy, 27% is dark matter, and just 5% the kind of matter we know well

How close are we to finding dark matter?

Sebastiano Cantalupo, lead author of the article, and others have used the same method previously to look for glowing gas around quasars, and had seen dark galaxies.

"The dark galaxies are much denser and smaller parts of the cosmic web. In this new image, we also see dark galaxies, in addition to the much more diffuse and extended nebula," Dr Cantalupo, from UCSC, explained.

"Some of this gas will fall into galaxies, but most of it will remain diffuse and never form stars.

"The light from the quasar is like a flashlight beam, and in this case we were lucky that the flashlight is pointing toward the nebula and making the gas glow. We think this is part of a filament that may be even more extended than this, but we only see the part of the filament that is illuminated by the beamed emission from the quasar."

While the observations support the cosmological simulations' general picture of a cosmic web of filamentary structures, the researchers' results suggest around 10 times more gas in the nebula than predicted from typical computer simulations.

They postulate that this may simply be due to limitations in the spatial resolution of the current models, or, more interestingly perhaps, may be because the current grid-based models are missing some aspect of the underlying physics of how galaxies form, evolve, and interact with quasars.

"We now have very precise measurements of the amount of ordinary matter and dark matter in the Universe," said Prof Refregier.

"We can only observe a fraction of the ordinary matter, so the question is what form the remainder takes. These results may imply that a lot of it is in the form detected here."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25809967
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Energy-Dense Sugar Battery Created

Jan. 21, 2014 — 'Sugar is a perfect energy storage compound in nature,' Y.H. Percival Zhang said. 'So it's only logical that we try to harness this natural power in an environmentally friendly way to produce a battery.'

A Virginia Tech research team has developed a battery that runs on sugar and has an unmatched energy density, a development that could replace conventional batteries with ones that are cheaper, refillable, and biodegradable.

The findings from Y.H. Percival Zhang, an associate professor of biological systems engineering in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Engineering, were published today in the journal Nature Communications.

While other sugar batteries have been developed, this one has an energy density an order of magnitude higher than others, allowing it to run longer before needing to be refueled, Zhang said.

In as soon as three years, Zhang's new battery could be running some of the cell phones, tablets, video games, and the myriad other electronic gadgets that require power in our energy-hungry world, Zhang said.

"Sugar is a perfect energy storage compound in nature," Zhang said. "So it's only logical that we try to harness this natural power in an environmentally friendly way to produce a battery."

In America alone, billions of toxic batteries are thrown away every year, posing a threat to both the environment and human health, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Zhang's development could help keep hundreds of thousands of tons of batteries from ending up in landfills.

This is one of Zhang's many successes in the last year that utilize a series of enzymes mixed together in combinations not found in nature. He has published articles on creating edible starch from non-food plants and developed a new way to extract hydrogen in an economical and environmentally friendly way that can be used to power vehicles.

In this newest development, Zhang and his colleagues constructed a non-natural synthetic enzymatic pathway that strip all charge potentials from the sugar to generate electricity in an enzymatic fuel cell. Then, low-cost biocatalyst enzymes are used as catalyst instead of costly platinum, which is typically used in conventional batteries.

Like all fuel cells, the sugar battery combines fuel -- in this case, maltodextrin, a polysaccharide made from partial hydrolysis of starch -- with air to generate electricity and water as the main byproducts.

"We are releasing all electron charges stored in the sugar solution slowly step-by-step by using an enzyme cascade," Zhang said.

Different from hydrogen fuel cells and direct methanol fuel cells, the fuel sugar solution is neither explosive nor flammable and has a higher energy storage density. The enzymes and fuels used to build the device are biodegradable.

The battery is also refillable and sugar can be added to it much like filling a printer cartridge with ink.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 093044.htm
I wonder whether diabetic people would be able use them... ;)
Parodite

Negative Absolute Temperature for Motional Degrees of Freedo

Post by Parodite »

Negative Absolute Temperature for Motional Degrees of Freedom
Negative Absolute Temperature for Motional Degrees of Freedom

S. Braun, J. P. Ronzheimer, M. Schreiber, S. S. Hodgman, T. Rom, I. Bloch, U. Schneider

1 Fakultat fur Physik, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munchen,
Schellingstr. 4, 80799 Munich, Germany

2 Max-Planck-Institut fur Quantenoptik, Hans-Kopfermann-Str.1, 85748 Garching, Germany
E-mail: ulrich.schneider@lmu.de

Absolute temperature, the fundamental temperature scale in thermodynamics, is usually bound to be positive. Under special conditions, however, negative temperatures - where high-energy states are more occupied than low-energy states - are also possible.
So far, such states have been demonstrated in localized systems with finite, discrete spectra. Here, we were able to prepare a negative temperature state for motional degrees of freedom. By tailoring the Bose-Hubbard Hamiltonian we created an attractively interacting ensemble of ultracold bosons at negative temperature that is stable against collapse for arbitrary atom numbers. The quasi-momentum distribution develops sharp peaks at the upper band edge, revealing thermal equilibrium and bosonic coherence over several lattice sites. Negative temperatures imply negative pressures and open up new parameter regimes for cold atoms, enabling fundamentally new many-body states and counterintuitive effects such as Carnot enginesabove unity effciency.
[...]
WTF! And these guys are not crackpots..are they?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

No, they're not.

On way of classifying the fundamental particles [fields] of nature is according to their intrinsic spin: either half-integer or whole integer

Fermions: spin 1/2 [in units of Planck's constant]

Bosons: spin 0, 1, 2 [in units of Planck's constant]

The two types exhibit very different collective QM behaviour:

Fermions: Fermi Dirac statistics

The solidity of matter [that you can't put your hand through a wall] is due to FD stats, specifically the Pauli Exclusion Principle:

http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/jo ... /1.1705209

http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/jo ... /1.1664631

http://prl.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v35/i11/p687_1
. . . it is not the electromagnetic repulsion between outer-shell orbital electrons which prevents two wood blocks that are left on top of each other from coalescing into a single piece, but rather it is the exclusion principle applied to electrons and protons that generates the classical macroscopic normal force.
This work was completed in . . . 1975. :!:

Bosons: Bose Einstein statistics

The physics of lasers, for example, is due to BE stats.

Recently a lot of work has been done on Bose Einstein condensates which exhibit counterintuitive QM behaviour at the macroscopic scale. The above report is another example.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

A new physics theory of life?

Life as in an open dynamic self-assembling system far from thermodynamic equilibrium.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

This is just a general question and not really on topic, but what is it with some of the internet wiseguys dissing on Albert Einstein? Seems like a fashion statement or an oblique way of slighting the American scientific community...... because they're not rabidly opposed on his statements on special relativity enough, I suppose.......:roll:...........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:This is just a general question and not really on topic, but what is it with some of the internet wiseguys dissing on Albert Einstein? Seems like a fashion statement or an oblique way of slighting the American scientific community...... because they're not rabidly opposed on his statements on special relativity enough, I suppose.......:roll:...........
Short answer: The crackpot index

I'm not sure which "internet wiseguys" you're referring to, so I'll guess.

Criticisms of Einstein's scientific work: These are invariably arguments based on ignorance.
Typically some "wiseguy" has not made the effort to understand the physics of special relativity [SR] and general relativity [GR] and the implications, yet has decided that SR and GR "must" be wrong as they are at odds with his beliefs as to how the universe "must" work. Often the non-sequitur of "common sense" is invoked. The reality is that experiment, not belief, is the final arbiter. SR is one of the most thoroughly experimentally tested theories in physics and has passed all such experimental tests to-date. GR has also passed all experimental tests to-date. Furthermore, Maxwell's Laws of electromagnetism transform according to SR, so if SR was wrong, then electric power generation and transmission, electric motors, radio, television, and internet, microwave ovens, and high energy particle accelerators [LHC], to name a few, would work differently than they do.

Criticisms of Einstein as an individual: There is an expectation by some that people who have made outstanding contributions and achievements in some field should also have lead exemplary lives. The "dedicated man of science as saint" syndrome. Einstein is probably one of the best examples of this phenomenon. The reality is that in his youth, he was a libertine whose lifestyle was very much at odds with conventional middle-class morality. His first marriage failed and he was an indifferent parent.

Not sure about "slighting the American scientific community". Link?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:This is just a general question and not really on topic, but what is it with some of the internet wiseguys dissing on Albert Einstein? Seems like a fashion statement or an oblique way of slighting the American scientific community...... because they're not rabidly opposed on his statements on special relativity enough, I suppose.......:roll:...........

Criticisms of Einstein's scientific work: These are invariably arguments based on ignorance.
Typically some "wiseguy" has not made the effort to understand the physics of special relativity [SR] and general relativity [GR] and the implications, yet has decided that SR and GR "must" be wrong as they are at odds with his beliefs as to how the universe "must" work. Often the non-sequitur of "common sense" is invoked. The reality is that experiment, not belief, is the final arbiter. SR is one of the most thoroughly experimentally tested theories in physics and has passed all such experimental tests to-date. GR has also passed all experimental tests to-date. Furthermore, Maxwell's Laws of electromagnetism transform according to SR, so if SR was wrong, then electric power generation and transmission, electric motors, radio, television, and internet, microwave ovens, and high energy particle accelerators [LHC], to name a few, would work differently than they do.

Criticisms of Einstein as an individual: There is an expectation by some that people who have made outstanding contributions and achievements in some field should also have lead exemplary lives. The "dedicated man of science as saint" syndrome. Einstein is probably one of the best examples of this phenomenon. The reality is that in his youth, he was a libertine whose lifestyle was very much at odds with conventional middle-class morality. His first marriage failed and he was an indifferent parent.
Einstein's first wife in fact did a lot of the work checking his math for relativity. When he divorced her to marry his second wife he promised her the money from his Nobel prize. Which he had not even been nominated for at that point, and she accepted the offer Being sure he would win.

As for the science of everything I am reading "Hidden In Plain Sight: The simple link between relativity and quantum mechanics."
So far it seems to be a String theorists vs Quantum loop gravity theorists grudge match.

Which leads me to my own crackpot theory that closed strings are fuzzy quantum particles that can be anywhere in three dimensions, sweeping out cylinders While open strings aren't fuzzy. At least not in more than two dimensions. As it stands at this point I am absolutely certain and uncertain my theory is correct.

http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Einstein's first wife in fact did a lot of the work checking his math for relativity. When he divorced her to marry his second wife he promised her the money from his Nobel prize. Which he had not even been nominated for at that point, and she accepted the offer being sure he would win.
That he did.
Doc wrote:As for the science of everything I am reading "Hidden In Plain Sight: The simple link between relativity and quantum mechanics."
So far it seems to be a String theorists vs Quantum loop gravity theorists grudge match.
It's a metaphysical "how many angels on the head of a pin" debate at this point, as there is no experimental evidence for either.

Some string theorists, in particular, have been less than honest in promoting string theory as an established fact to the public rather than a hypothesis that has made zero testable predictions to date.
Doc wrote: Which leads me to my own crackpot theory that closed strings are fuzzy quantum particles that can be anywhere in three dimensions, sweeping out cylinders While open strings aren't fuzzy. At least not in more than two dimensions. As it stands at this point I am absolutely certain and uncertain my theory is correct.

http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/
:lol:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Thank you for you well-considered response Typhoon.....'>>......
This is sorta hard to qualify (including phone and personal conversations.....) and the yardstick you gave me covers most of it. The American scientific community is unsympathetic to 'commonsensical' and 'enlightened' visions of time and space travel or alternate energy generation - and since SR and GR seems to thwart most of these designs, Albert come in as the Bad Guy. Also many of these forums and discussion groups are outside of North America and..... I just don't feel like looking at them again......'>..........

And what did he invent anyway?....... how can he be brighter than Nikola Tesla?.......XDDDD..........

Black Hole is a conspiracy: http://www.sjcrothers.plasmaresources.com/ and some more stuff, you get the picture.....;P........

This deraillment can probably go here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=184
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Thank you for you well-considered response Typhoon.....'>>......
You're welcome.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:This is sorta hard to qualify (including phone and personal conversations.....) and the yardstick you gave me covers most of it. The American scientific community is unsympathetic to 'commonsensical' and 'enlightened' visions of time and space travel or alternate energy generation - and since SR and GR seems to thwart most of these designs, Albert come in as the Bad Guy. Also many of these forums and discussion groups are outside of North America and..... I just don't feel like looking at them again......'>..........

. . ..

Black Hole is a conspiracy: http://www.sjcrothers.plasmaresources.com/ and some more stuff, you get the picture.....;P........
I see. Those links definitely score high on the crackpot index.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:This deraillment can probably go here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=184
I'd have to extend the title of the thread to include crackpots . . . :wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The interesting question remains to me: what does this practical limit in qm measurement say about the nature of reality. If we can't go further and probe any deeper and... even understand why we can't...

V4UfAL9f74I

Also think this is a final blow Nietzsche's theory of eternal recurrence. If you can't predict with 100 % certainty what will happen next... you can be near 100% sure that what happens never happened before and will never happen again either.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

@NSACareers

tpfccdlfdtte pcaccplircdt dklpcfrp?qeiq lhpqlipqeodf gpwafopwprti izxndkiqpkii krirrifcapnc dxkdciqcafmd vkfpcadf. #MissionMonday #NSA #news
Heracleum Persicum

convert light into matter

Post by Heracleum Persicum »