The Lucky Country

Typhoon

Re: Darwin is not dead! Next level in Evolution!

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:could belong here, in evolution thread, or Big Brother thread:

https://www.darwin.nt.gov.au/council/tr ... ty-smarter
I'm still p*ssed that the historic Hotel Darwin was knocked down. The walls gave the impression of being a metre thick.

Imperial Japan could not do it, nor could Hurricane Tracy, but the shyster developers managed to do so.

Stayed there during a cyclone in the 1990's. Fond memories.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: The Lucky Country

Post by Typhoon »

Well, noddy, are you pleased to learn that you're now part of the "global elite"?

Grauniad | It’s winter in Australia but we’re part of the global elite now
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

those wishing to pay tribute, form an orderly queue to the left.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:those wishing to pay tribute, form an orderly queue to the left.
"queue" is a word that only the most whitest, elitist of the white elites use........

I envy your white privlege...... I think white people might be inherently lucky......
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy ... 815b67f89f

fresh doom, straight off the grill, gluten free and organic
‘We’re almost out of ammo’: Reserve Bank considering ‘extreme measures’ to save economy
As interest rates approach zero, the Reserve Bank of Australia is considering “extreme measures” to try to avert an “emergency”.

What happens if the RBA cuts rates to near zero, and the economy still doesn’t respond?

The Reserve Bank of Australia has cut interest rates to 1 per cent, and, despite what you might hope, nobody expects them to stop cutting.

I have an alternative theory to the ones being proposed by all the various talking heads.

we had a 30 year boom due to the once in a lifetime sequence of events that started with the american credit frenzy, then moved onto the rapid industrialisation of china and this meant that we skipped the GFC that the credit frenzy caused not due to any skill or economic wisdom, it was just because china was spending money like charlie sheen in a hooker factory.

now.. all that has gone, China and America are having a trade war which turns us into friendly fire and we finally get the GFC.

historically we have run off a 10 years up, 10 years flat business cycle, nobody can predict what happens after a 30 years up event.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

alrighty then. one can't have too much doom these days.

I remember the Merkin version of said Strayan bank using the phrase almost out of ammo a few years back. the end of the world has slipped my memory banks.

GFC? first thought was that in a Strayan article it must mean Giant F**kin C*nt! but according to the lookup function it means Guatemaian Football Club.

when are white people gonna stop blaming everyone else for their troubles.

after 30 years no one cares mate. its a generation thing.
noddy

Post by noddy »

id say we are leading the world in per capita doom right now, its truly a proud moment for a cynical misanthrope.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

more doom, this time ethical and vegan - eating the young.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/for-the-fir ... -before-it
Each new generation of Australians since Federation has enjoyed a better standard of living than the one that came before it. Until now. Today’s young Australians are in danger of falling behind.

A new Grattan Institute report, Generation gap: ensuring a fair go for younger Australians, reveals that younger generations are not making the same economic gains as their predecessors.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:id say we are leading the world in per capita doom right now, its truly a proud moment for a cynical misanthrope.
What is your secret of maintaining pride? Over here, all the White Supremacists Racists (99.9996% of white people, according to MSM scientists) are riddle with white guilt, climate guilt, and shame in general.
noddy

Post by noddy »

its just a matter of reprogramming your self to take pride in absurd new things.

eg: the amount of folks who are proud of how many genders they have, as if anyone else cared what nickname they gave their genitals.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:43 am its just a matter of reprogramming your self to take pride in absurd new things.

eg: the amount of folks who are proud of how many genders they have, as if anyone else cared what nickname they gave their genitals.
Thank you Sensei. Genius as usual.

Have you ever considered writing a self-help ebook for guilty white westerners and self-loathing POC's?

May I suggested the title of Green Sustainable Homeopathic non-GMO Self-Identification Therapy for the Selfless Altruistc Enlightened Soul

Sounds way more woke than some knockoff on Chicken Soup for the Soul.

Could be worth billions, and you could be the first Strine saint.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Brilliant solution to a non-problem.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/04/thousands ... lly-meats/

The vegan chic wanted attention, now she's got it. Good hearted public humiliation solves a lot of non-problems.

Hopefully, the grillers will invite her over for a few beers and she will get laid several times.

Someday, I hope to be an Honorary Strayan.
noddy

Post by noddy »

The event has been cancelled due to legal threats.

This entire episode shows just how alien modern middle class australia is, the fact she could take this poor guy to court and escalate the matter over something as basic as kids playing in the backyard and eating BBQ is not good at all.

This is a nightmare of the future.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:42 am Brilliant solution to a non-problem.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/04/thousands ... lly-meats/

The vegan chic wanted attention, now she's got it. Good hearted public humiliation solves a lot of non-problems.

Hopefully, the grillers will invite her over for a few beers and she will get laid several times.

Someday, I hope to be an Honorary Strayan.
Whoa! I didn't realize this was an Aussie thing. People 'round here were so upset about it, I just assumed this was an American thing.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:24 am The event has been cancelled due to legal threats.

This entire episode shows just how alien modern middle class australia is, the fact she could take this poor guy to court and escalate the matter over something as basic as kids playing in the backyard and eating BBQ is not good at all.

You Real Striners are shattering my delusions of what superior beings you guys could be. Go ahead with the mass grilling, and when the cops show up, video them on your cell phones and yell "Racist!"

works in all the erudite blue parts of Merka.

Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts are probably banned over there, aren't they?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:33 am

Whoa! I didn't realize this was an Aussie thing. People 'round here were so upset about it, I just assumed this was an American thing.
Post an address for round here, and as long as you buy the green, carbon free, charcoal, I'll scrape up some road kill and we'll have a real BBQ.

Unless you are in NYC, then we'll just collect some giant rats and cook them.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:53 pm
noddy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:24 am The event has been cancelled due to legal threats.

You Real Striners are shattering my delusions of what superior beings you guys could be. Go ahead with the mass grilling, and when the cops show up, video them on your cell phones and yell "Racist!"

works in all the erudite blue parts of Merka.

Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts are probably banned over there, aren't they?
meh, their is no fighting the uptight middle class, all that you can do is avoid em, shame for that family to be stuck in a strata titled hellhole.

in my part of australia, people burn refuse in their backyards and flood the neighbours full of smoke , while underage kids ride motorbikes on the footpath.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 am
meh, their is no fighting the uptight middle class, all that you can do is avoid em, shame for that family to be stuck in a strata titled hellhole.

in my part of australia, people burn refuse in their backyards and flood the neighbours full of smoke , while underage kids ride motorbikes on the footpath.
Yep. Hopefully bicycle helmets are as rare as hen's teeth.

You've just splained what I like about America's zip code culture. Voting with your feet is much more effective than petitioning the locals to change for one's preferred idea of "the better." Long live diversity, apathy, and indifference. The building blocks of variety.

Hardest part is getting the altruists and busybodies to mind their own business.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Australia doesnt have any noticable version of states rights so politics, economics, law are all fairly unified and centralised.

Different areas have different flavours and you can change your neighbours but its not like America on those levels.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:28 pm Australia doesnt have any noticable version of states rights so politics, economics, law are all fairly unified and centralised.

Different areas have different flavours and you can change your neighbours but its not like America on those levels.
Damn shame. In some ways, the internests have made the process better and easier than ever. Safespaces are everywhere over here, except between the ears of those who claim to need a safe space.

"I need a safe space!"
"Why don't you logoff?"
"Racist!"

As Washington DC, gets ever more self-important, it seems ever more easy to ignore them. Political infighting is a wonderful. The last thing we need is those losers trying to solve actual problems.

"F**k off!" is one of the greatest tools of communication ever invented by the pacifists.

Nothing like an infinite collection of separatist collectives to enhance the universal feeling of "we."

"Me, myself, and I" is a collective everyone can identify with.

Hopefully, tribalism and regionalism will remain healthy in the US for another 30 years. After that, I'll probably be dead.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

noddy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:28 pm Australia doesnt have any noticable version of states rights so politics, economics, law are all fairly unified and centralised.

If the laws are uniform, there's a vast difference in enforcement techniques, for sure. In the case of burning garbage, lax enforcement may not be a good thing, since it a huge contributor to dioxin pollution.
noddy

Post by noddy »

crashtech66 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm

If the laws are uniform, there's a vast difference in enforcement techniques, for sure. In the case of burning garbage, lax enforcement may not be a good thing, since it a huge contributor to dioxin pollution.
It's mostly garden refuse or yard litter- my point was in relation to the folks suing the neighbours for bbq smoke smells.

Law enforcement is generally only done when someone complains, the furthur away from the inner city middle class you get, the less likely the law will be applied.

We are a federated country, the differences between the states are sometimes quite large on cultural levels but generally, the federal laws apply to all, within the limits of local carefactor to enforce it.

the main difference between Aus and USA is we dont have the gun rights/states rights thing you do, thats all quite alien, plus we only have 5 states anyway.

WA - Texas
QLD - Florida
NSW - California
VIC - Canada
SA - one of the wasp dominant places that everyone forgets exists.
NT - WA/QLD.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Very similar to here. As much as the MSM and the pols want the gullible to think in terms of national problems, very few exist beyond the local level.

Local law enforcement know this, so, luckily, most of the national utopian laws get ignored. Only "newsworthy" because national pols, especially congressional reps & senators know that in order to make a splash in the national news, they need to talk in terms of national apocalyptic epidemics, rather than address the issues in their districts or states.

That was one of the enjoyable aspects of Trump bitch slapping Elijah Cummings. "You want to talk about national social justice issues? Why don't you fix the rat infestation problem your constituents are living with every day?" Alas, sweeping in front of your own door to clean up the world is boring. Doing a cape and becoming a super SJW to promote theoretical solutions is more glamorous.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.news.com.au/national/attack ... 06d1c4c276
Attack on Saudi oil facility could cause nightmare situation for Australia
For decades federal politicians have ignored appeals to preserve Australia’s strategic oil reserve. Now we have just three weeks of fuel in the tank.
why waste money on blah blah strategic buffer nonsense. why indeed.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

"Dragons be everywhere!!! That's why you need us to slay them!!!"

Strine MSM does doom and gloom every bit as well as Merkin MSM.

Running out of fossil fuels is a nightmare? I thought the very existence of plentiful fossil fuels was the nightmare to be dreaded. Therefore, running out of fossil fuels solves the Climate Change Existential Threat.

Problem solved.

Luckily, the Strine pols are more farsighted than the Merkin kind, and you guys can thrive on Solar power now.

Merkin pols are thinking "Damn! Wish I'd thought of that!!"