R.I.P. Whitney Houston (48)

This too shall pass.
Demon of Undoing

Re: R.I.P. Whitney Houston (48)

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Enki wrote:There is a biblical rebuttal to their opinion too.

And, all things considered, a much, much better one.
Parodite

God's Mood Swing

Post by Parodite »

God has mood swings. Because his character is created by many people over a very long period of time, who all put their own face and heart into it. Look at God, is to look at humanity.

To only be a God-consumer is a sin and leads to schizophrenia, religious us-vs-them hate cults. God-producers is what we need, who are daring enough to put some personal plaster on that divine face for a change, chop away some old features, add some new!
Deep down I'm very superficial
Enki

Re: R.I.P. Whitney Houston (48)

Post by Enki »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Enki wrote:There is a biblical rebuttal to their opinion too.

And, all things considered, a much, much better one.
If I were to follow the bible's commandments literally and to the letter, I should be in the Levant murdering Canaanites.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Demon of Undoing

Re: God's Mood Swing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Parodite wrote:God has mood swings. Because his character is created by many people over a very long period of time, who all put their own face and heart into it. Look at God, is to look at humanity.

To only be a God-consumer is a sin and leads to schizophrenia, religious us-vs-them hate cults. God-producers is what we need, who are daring enough to put some personal plaster on that divine face for a change, chop away some old features, add some new!

An interesting perspective.