Politics Down Under

Typhoon

Re: Politics Down Under

Post by Typhoon »

Taki's Mag | The Flight from White Down Under.

Don't think that the author is a true blue fair dinkum Aussie, so it is his story accurate?

If yes, then it's funny ha ha.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:49 am Taki's Mag | The Flight from White Down Under.

Don't think that the author is a true blue fair dinkum Aussie, so it is his story accurate?

If yes, then it's funny ha ha.
never saw this.

their is certainly a tendancy for left wing academics to claim the smallest drop of aboriginal blood - especially in south eastern australia.

in melbourne, their are no "pure bloods" left at all, so its all varying degrees of "identification".
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Why the Solomon Islands Chose China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD5FiPq_iOs

cD5FiPq_iOs
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

WUWT | Australia goes Green

Good luck to "The Lucky Country".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

noddy , Liberals won

What will be changes in political terms re China policy , if any ?

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diploma ... e=homepage

Australia’s new PM Albanese has chance to mend fences with China, analysts say

Incoming Labor government unlikely to shift much on the big issues but might be less provocative towards Beijing, observers say
noddy

Post by noddy »

Liberals lost - Chinese immigrants prefer Liberals - pro business, anti gay, anti foreigners.

Labour won - Chinese government prefers Labour - not confrontational, wont sabre rattle or grandstand.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Australia has finally caught the "Net Zero" bus.

Parliament of Australia | Australia’s trade in figures

Table 2: Australia’s top 15 export products

All but four of Australia's top exports are commodities which are typically require a lot of energy to produce.

Coal is the 2nd largest export and natural gas is the 4th. Hobbling these would, I think, have a significant impact on the Aussie economy.
noddy

Post by noddy »

this might happen - its hard to say at this stage.

many like the simpler formula of right wing being against carbon taxes and left wing being for them but it isnt actually that clear in our politics.

this new "teal" movement - literally the mixing of the right wing blue with the greenies green makes the maths more complex.

the labour party has always paid lip service to the global warming peeps but they have also only survived due to traditional worker votes so arent as anti business as you might expect - they are the right wing side of the left wing, wobbling in the centre.

I have no doubts they will raise taxes, i have no doubts their will be action - but this all happens in the context of our right wing idiots going full anti china and getting many of our exports shut down anyway - this part of it is not covered by the right wing media.

if labour restores our gravy train with china, it will be the chinese, not us, paying the new taxes.

its a complex game - but when the mining companies and farmers vote for the left wing, you know the right wing has made a complete pigs ear of it.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

its probably a poisoned chalice election anyway.

runaway inflation, global economy in the toilet, low investment due to both of those things, covid debts, fuel prices out the wahoozie.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teal movement +1 :lol:
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:28 pm Teal movement +1 :lol:
"Let them eat Teslas"
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

https://amp.theaustralian.com.au/nation ... 9b9f35bc4e

AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT LET UNITED STATES CONTROL AND DICTATE AUSTRALIA’s SOVEREIGN INTEREST THROUGH AUKUS

… AUSTRALIA SHOULD GET OUT OF THE
NONSENSE OF “AUKUS”, SAYS FORMER
PM PAUL KEATING

“The Quad is a piece of strategic nonsense.

We shouldn’t be stringing together the US,
Japan, India and Australia to try to contain
China.

Taiwan, I repeat, is NOT of vital Australian
interest.

If I’ve got any advice for them (the US) it’s
to stick to strategic ambiguity like glue.

The chances of the Americans having a
victory of Taiwan is nil, in my opinion, and
why would we want to be part of that defeat?”
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Yes, the world should definitely signal that China should just go ahead and subjugate Taiwan once and for all, no one will lift a finger. :roll:
Heracleum Persicum

crashtech66 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:33 pm Yes, the world should definitely signal that China should just go ahead and subjugate Taiwan once and for all, no one will lift a finger. :roll:

Taiwanese are Chinese .. they should stick together as Anglos did last many 100 yrs .. Europeans too should stick together

Why should China "subjugate" Taiwan .. does New Yorkers subjugate California :lol:

Come on .. first fix things at home :lol: