Postmodernism and Critical Theory. Or why the Empress has no clothes.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Typhoon

Re: Postmodernism and Critical Theory. Or why the Empress has no clothes.

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:12 am Woke Quantum Mechanics

Forget about postmodernist neo-Marxist claptrap philosophies. The real culprit and Father of Woke is much closer to home, as it hides its face in that sci-tech golden champion beast: quantum mechanics.

Will make the case, if not by showing causal correlation, then certainly revealing some compelling logical correlations using “spooky action at a distance” (better known as guilt by association), that Woke wants to regress back to a state of womb-like superposition. Where you can be more than one thing at the same time, and even at more than one place at the same time! Where “together you are strong” because in a mob of n-particles probability amplitudes are the square root of a Sum(). Which also explains why mobs are easier to predict than erratic individuals burdened with too much potentiality and uncertainty. Safety in the herd!

Free until no longer

Non-local causal entanglement (not just logical correlation; the crucial difference to always keep in mind when faced with the usual charlatans making psychotic claims about QM) for as long as you remain physically connected to the parts that were shattered into space, when you and your pre-natal mob-friends were smashed through that barium borate crystal and got separated for good. After which to cohere or to decohere is the only question left.

Love decoheres very easily, fragile as it is. To postpone decoherence for as long as possible, and over a distance as long as possible… is worthy of Nobel prizes. This reveals a deep longing for God alias Love in our culture. We want God’s love to never decohere of course, but that wave function collapsed at the cross, as we all know for 2000+ years. (To turn failure into victory; a brilliant master move! An effort however that, like quantum computing, has not been proved to work)

Woke is clearly a post-Christian phenomenon. Extinction rebellion probably the clearest symptom; maximum decoherence-phobia, self-guilt and externalized devils and demons.

The superposition of gender

Gender fluidity: being in two states at the same time, before a measurement collapses you into either a male or a female. Psi calculates the odds of what will be. But once you are not-this-but-that, when that blissful superposition decohered… all hell breaks loose. Now you have quite some immutable characteristics. But the memory of gender fluid superposition lingers on in the background; the time when nothing was decided… yet. All just a maybe, pure and divine potentiality.
QM is a set of mathematical descriptions of the physical universe operates and has nothing to say about human culture.
Of course, that does not stop philosophers and other spunk artists from invoking it.
Not unlike relativity and the theory of evolution.

"Woke" is just a reapplication of the "false consciousness" of the "oppressed" proletariat versus the awakened "true consciousness" of the Marxists.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:17 am
Parodite wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:12 am Woke Quantum Mechanics

Forget about postmodernist neo-Marxist claptrap philosophies. The real culprit and Father of Woke is much closer to home, as it hides its face in that sci-tech golden champion beast: quantum mechanics.

Will make the case, if not by showing causal correlation, then certainly revealing some compelling logical correlations using “spooky action at a distance” (better known as guilt by association), that Woke wants to regress back to a state of womb-like superposition. Where you can be more than one thing at the same time, and even at more than one place at the same time! Where “together you are strong” because in a mob of n-particles probability amplitudes are the square root of a Sum(). Which also explains why mobs are easier to predict than erratic individuals burdened with too much potentiality and uncertainty. Safety in the herd!

Free until no longer

Non-local causal entanglement (not just logical correlation; the crucial difference to always keep in mind when faced with the usual charlatans making psychotic claims about QM) for as long as you remain physically connected to the parts that were shattered into space, when you and your pre-natal mob-friends were smashed through that barium borate crystal and got separated for good. After which to cohere or to decohere is the only question left.

Love decoheres very easily, fragile as it is. To postpone decoherence for as long as possible, and over a distance as long as possible… is worthy of Nobel prizes. This reveals a deep longing for God alias Love in our culture. We want God’s love to never decohere of course, but that wave function collapsed at the cross, as we all know for 2000+ years. (To turn failure into victory; a brilliant master move! An effort however that, like quantum computing, has not been proved to work)

Woke is clearly a post-Christian phenomenon. Extinction rebellion probably the clearest symptom; maximum decoherence-phobia, self-guilt and externalized devils and demons.

The superposition of gender

Gender fluidity: being in two states at the same time, before a measurement collapses you into either a male or a female. Psi calculates the odds of what will be. But once you are not-this-but-that, when that blissful superposition decohered… all hell breaks loose. Now you have quite some immutable characteristics. But the memory of gender fluid superposition lingers on in the background; the time when nothing was decided… yet. All just a maybe, pure and divine potentiality.
QM is a set of mathematical descriptions of the physical universe operates and has nothing to say about human culture.
Of course, that does not stop philosophers and other spunk artists from invoking it.

"Woke" is just a reapplication of the "false consciousness" of the "oppressed" proletariat versus the awakened "true consciousness" of the Marxists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpVd7k1Uw6A

ZpVd7k1Uw6A

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:17 am
Indeed.

Next question is why people invoke them to begin with. I suspect this happens mostly involuntarily due to our cognitive machinery. No matter how rational you look into the skies, parts of the brain try to discover faces, or at least... something familiar. The shock and awe experienced when the mysterious quantum world revealed itself in the first half of the 20th century is example of same. What does it mean? How does it connect to the other already connected dots?

Our brains are hard-wired to continuously update our map of reality. It takes seriously as-is or as-it-appears, whatever we encounter. Everything has initial value in that it needs attention. It can be dangerous to not pay attention!

Sensory input leads, cognitive integration, a cultural-global narrative follow. Imagery and language used by science are like any other object or idea coming our way. Things that don't fit, grab our attention even if we wish they didn't. They invoke curiosity (the good scenario), the need to find out followed by some action. But possibly also fear... with downstream paranoia and psychoses. A map can be under serious tectonic stress. Quantum Mechanics pretty much shook the map and the territory.

For a car mechanic there is no problem applying sci-tech knowledge. No need to "know more" at a deeper sci-tech level. How-to is always enough for its purposes.

No need to go on a rant about the ontological nature of a system, a particle-wave sub-system before it is measured. Whether or not the mathematical representation tells something about the ontological nature of a system before a measurement/outcome occurs, is as far as I understand QM, irrelevant. I believe Nils Bohr himself was of that opinion. Yet whole tribes of scientists, philosophers and culture pundits went on a pilgrimage crossing that ontological redline, going into the deep of insanity. This always happens when people start making claims about unknowns. Religious claims.

Unknown-unknowns are never a problem of course. A known-unknown like a UFO however, is a more difficult guest. Filling in blanks, maybe a hallucination, or still something real just not yet identified? Partly real, partly imaginary, or maybe neither....

Nothing is more intriguing than a mystery. Me thinks our brains are not built to leave them alone. On the contrary, they are like magnets! In the end, maybe just be an effing car mechanic and leave the known-unknowns and other irrelevancies to the wind... air baloons.
Indeed. Imaginary maps created of known-unknowns, assembled into an atlas describing a woke but sense-less reality.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Quillette | Fantastical Beliefs in a Post-Christian Age
Without a faith, people must find new sources of meaning, new congregations to which they can belong.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The New Apocalypticism
Climate catastrophe as secular, millenarian prophesy
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ngerhutte/
Anne Frank kindergarten will be renamed ‘to be more diverse’
German nursery said it wanted a name ‘without a political background’
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:14 am https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ngerhutte/
Anne Frank kindergarten will be renamed ‘to be more diverse’
German nursery said it wanted a name ‘without a political background’
How Ironic that just last week Jewish students at a NYC University were forced to hide in the library(some in the attic) from an angry anti-Semitic crowd of leftists.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html
Jewish students take refuge in library and lock themselves in while pro-Palestinian demonstrators POUND on the door to gain entry at NYC's liberal Cooper Union college

Last week, a climate scientist teaching at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago issued a groveling apology after calling Israelis 'pigs', 'savages' and 'irredeemable excrement.'

Dr. Mika Tosca, who describes herself on social media as 'Chicago's radically optimistic transsexual climate scientist', published a screed on her Instagram Story on Tuesday.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

the great moral quandaries of our time, which the best and brightest are spending philsophomasturbating their time on.

can I chop off my knob and be a woman, and....

ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:35 am the great moral quandaries of our time, which the best and brightest are spending philsophomasturbating their time on.

can I chop off my knob and be a woman, and....

How many years ago did Mr. Perfect warn us trans/child/animal sex was on the depravity agenda?

I remember thinking he was overthinking, but he was right.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

yes, I would have argued against it.

I spose technically, its still on the "thought provoking" fringe and not an actual political push... yet.

but my faith in it remaining that way has certainly taken a beating.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:40 am yes, I would have argued against it.

I spose technically, its still on the "thought provoking" fringe and not an actual political push... yet.

but my faith in it remaining that way has certainly taken a beating.
It’s ‘real’ in the US, but not authentic. NGO funded agitators.

Communism can’t work if people are a happy, cohesive lot. They need everyone angry, afraid and isolated.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

I tend to see it all as wedge politics more than anything else.

if we are all squabbling over what you call people who chop their dick off, we arent squabbling about immigration and economic policy and the lavender which is actually genuflecting our lives around.

if i want to dereail coherancy in the working class, sexual morality is a great place to drop an argument bomb.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

which isnt to say the progressive sexual agenda should be left to fester without pushback.

just that the media has a habit of moving our eyes away from the ball in play and only letting us squabble on some issues, incase we found common ground on more important ones.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

If what commercial media drives is click bait... good news is no news. Chopping off dicks, affection-love'n sex between different species.. anything that stands out from the statistical ordinary will do. Fear, fascination, what else. There seems to be a limit however, which is when humor kills, err transcends everything! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHbzSif78qQ

Won't say women don't have a sense of humor... just that The Empress wears different cloths. Without any cloths.. she needs to cancel everybody out of the room, except for that one Prince of Paradise who can make her laugh, finally.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

All y’all still watch Commercial Media? The US audience has turned it off. It’s pretty much just a money laundry now.

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

its the new media thats got everyone frothin over the trannies.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

I dont really think their is much different going on in the ownership or players on new media vs old - the only difference is the new media doesnt have to play by broadcast rules or old media restrictions.

any ole durian might be able to post to "social media "but the levers on who goes viral and who doesnt, and who can afford to get their channels promoted etc.

nothing has changed

Elon might give lefties lavender but he is a global corporation man, their is only so much his circles differ from the status quos
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

just as i ranted on a variaiton of this in another thread...spooky
ultracrepidarian