The End of the MSM and the Deep State. Thread 1

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The End of the MSM and the Deep State

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:20 am its interesting how the public service (which provides stability across different politicans and parties) and the deep state are the same thing.

A "country" has always been bigger than any political fashion - treaties, long term trades etc all need to be consistent from year to year.
Spoken like a true secret agent man. Your cover's blown ASIS. :)

ivRKfwmgrHY

"pay no attention to the differences between a civil service and bureaucracy."

"if you don't listen to bureaucrat X, the whole order, which predates him, is gonna go down the drain."
noddy

Post by noddy »

heh, got me :[

just for amusement, as a westminster durian.

* preferential voting that makes sure every election comes back to the 2 main parties, barring one of the new parties truly gaining the magority.
* 2 houses , usually controlled by the opposite parties, to maintain gridlock, unless one party truly gains the magority.
* civil service and corporate powers which remain consistent from year to year, despite the party in control
* referendums/plebacites being a sign of spineless leadership and waste of public money
* 3 layers of government (local, state and federal) with overlapping responsibilities and a public that barely keeps track of who taxes them for what.

Im sure I could rattle out more, but thats the immediately obvious stuff that leaves me wondering where swamp starts and reality finishes.
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Our spengler calls out the deep state:
For the record, I don't care whether there was quid pro quo with Ukraine or not. If President Trump used military aid as a bargaining chip to persuade the government of Ukraine to investigate foreign subversion of our political system, he was doing his job as commander-in-chief to protect this country from its external enemies. The parade of striped-pants cookie-pushers from the State Department feeding information to closed-door Democratic Party kangaroo courts in the House of Representatives is irrelevant. Trump is fighting a mutiny by the U.S. intelligence community. If the mutineers succeed, it will be the end of the republic. If a cabal of bureaucrats nestling in the bowls of our $80 billion a year intelligence bureaucracy can bring down an elected president of the United States, the republic is finished.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/i-killed-m ... an-orphan/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

their is no doubting the status quo is against Trump.

Its probably just a use of language thing, much like with Obama, I never understood exactly what the expectation levels are when people are getting passionate and optimistic.

maybe australian politics just leaves me unable to read the american stuff, we never beleived we are free of the system, we just hope we can move it a wee bit in our direction sometimes.
ultracrepidarian