A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Typhoon

Re: A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Post by Typhoon »

NY Times | Eric Schneiderman, New York’s Attorney General, Is Accused of Abusing 4 Women
Eric T. Schneiderman, the New York attorney general who has risen to prominence as an antagonist of the Trump administration and a defender of women’s rights, faced calls for his resignation after four women accused him of physically assaulting them in an article published Monday by The New Yorker.

Two of the women, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, who spoke on the record to the magazine, said they had been choked and hit repeatedly by Mr. Schneiderman. Both said they had sought medical treatment. Another woman, a lawyer, said she was slapped violently across the face. A fourth woman also said she had similar experiences.

All the women in the article, who had been romantically involved with Mr. Schneiderman, said the violence was not consensual.
Should these allegations prove true, this character is a carbuncle in need of lancing.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reuters | And he's gone.
(Reuters) - New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman resigned on Monday after allegations of physical abuse by four women were reported in an article in the New Yorker magazine.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Another confirming datapoint....

any of the Kennedy clan proclaiming "the rich should pay their fair share!"
open border advocates who don't allow illegal immigrants to bunk with their own children.
Al Gore on lifestyles that produce a carbon footprint
Politicians with armed security saying Americans will only be safe with more gun control legislation

as you previously noted:
Typhoon wrote:In my anecdotal experience,
the more strident the self-proclaimed altruist and humanitarian,
the greater the jerk in his or her personal dealing with other people.

It is as if commitment to the Cause absolves such individuals of standard norms of civil behaviour.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Another Democrat.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NY Times | Google Walkout: Employees Stage Protest Over Handling of Sexual Harassment
Employees at Google offices around the world held a wave of walkouts on Thursday to protest the company’s handling of sexual harassment.

The walkouts, which started in Asia and spread across continents, were planned for around 11 a.m. in their time zones. Protests were expected through the day in Google offices in the United States.

The backlash was prompted by an article in The New York Times last week that revealed that Google had paid millions of dollars in exit packages to male executives accused of harassment, while staying silent about the transgressions.

As late morning arrived in different time zones on Thursday, Google employees walked away from their work at offices in Singapore; Hyderabad, India; Berlin; Zurich; Dublin; and London.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Googles given them a sniff of blood now, its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

long term, after the dust has settled, Id hope the "proffesionals dont discuss politics or religion" rule comes back - thats the only one that enables "diversity"
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wow.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:Googles given them a sniff of blood now, its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

long term, after the dust has settled, Id hope the "proffesionals dont discuss politics or religion" rule comes back - thats the only one that enables "diversity"
:D. nice tongue in cheek technique. I am humbled.

The choice now lies before the herd, be loyal to one's SJW ideals, or to their tech God.

The resultant inner turmoil means no safe spaces exist...... especially not between their ears! Or under their thumbs! ;)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wait until this comes around to Facebook.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

City J | “Believe all survivors”

The gander gets goosed.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Liberals.
Doc

Post by Doc »

When the "me too" movement morphs into the "Uncle Joe to?" movement. Well I guess it is because hes moving kind of slow at some shady hotel in a village full of minimumly clothed women.

2Jx2jEPvh88
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I remember wondering if people drank that water.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote:City J | “Believe all survivors”

The gander gets goosed.
Cosmic justice. Or in ORZ, "what goes around, comes around."
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I remember wondering if people drank that water.
Seems like that must have been choo choo juice in those parts.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

64gTjdUrDFQ
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

I have a dozen reasons not to like Joe Biden, however, I agree with Heather Mac Donald that this whole thing is sick.

Joe Biden and the deranged policing of personal space - Heather Mac Donald, The Spectator, 3 April 2019
https://spectator.us/joe-biden-policing-personal-space/
Joe Biden and the deranged policing of personal space

I feel sorry for upcoming generations for many reasons. This #MeToo hysteria is one of them, even though I have no interest in getting closer than a foot or two away from any woman.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Apollonius,

Well said. Excellent article. Thanks for posting. Since I'm assuming we are both old farts of roughly the same background, I'm sending you a virtual handshake and a hearty slap of the back of approval. Hopefully, you are not offended. ;)

If you are, I say, "Don't be a snowflake! Grow up!" :P

My peers and I have long noted the lack of a sense of humor of the younger generation. To me it seems a type of self-flagellation. Cosmic Justice: being miserable when insignificant things offend one's preferred sensibility.

As Don Juan said "Self-importance is our greatest enemy; think about it. What weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellow men. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. Without self-importance we are invulnerable. Self-importance can't be fought with niceties."

It is a different world out there when every personal interaction that is not ideal is seen as symptomatic of all that is wrong with the world and a cause du jour for societal reformation. The SJW yutes can have it.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-biden-r ... 1554420280

Even though she is sounding more and more like an older person who laments "this is not the world I was born into," Peggy can still turn a phrase. I think she is right. If he runs again, Joe will be viewed as the aging movie star or athlete who thought he could best Father Time:

" .....And that is apart from those young reporters who consider themselves culture cops, and who enjoy beating people like you with the nightstick of their wokeness.

Why will it be painful to witness all this? Because it will mark the fall of a political figure who was normal. Who knew there was a left over here and a right over there and a big middle. Who went with the flow of cultural leftism but understood the other side’s reservations and signaled that in some way he had some sympathy for them. Who knew politics wasn’t always about absolutes.

This in contrast to the up-and-coming manipulators for whom it is second nature to feign warmth and outreach, but whose every hug is backed by the sharp and crooked finger of accusation. Their engine is resentment, their fuel is unearned self-esteem, their secret is lust for power.
It would be one thing if you wanted to enter the race to persuade the party on the merits of more-centrist approaches and working with the other side. But is that your intention? You’ve been apologizing for calling Mike Pence decent, and groveling over your “white man’s culture.” If you go with that flow, it will wash you away.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I had an uncle (by marriage and dead now) that was a pedophile. He always acted like Joe Biden acts around women and girls. I always thought he was strange for doing that before I found out.

Though with the Other Biden Story about his son's company in Ukraine and Biden getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired that was going after that company....seems like interesting timing for the creepy Uncle Joe stories...
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Apollonius wrote:I have a dozen reasons not to like Joe Biden, however, I agree with Heather Mac Donald that this whole thing is sick.

Joe Biden and the deranged policing of personal space - Heather Mac Donald, The Spectator, 3 April 2019
https://spectator.us/joe-biden-policing-personal-space/
Joe Biden and the deranged policing of personal space

I feel sorry for upcoming generations for many reasons. This #MeToo hysteria is one of them, even though I have no interest in getting closer than a foot or two away from any woman.
He was pretty creepy with his lack of personal space, I spose its a cultural thing , Im not sure its a legal thing.

Doesnt matter what sex they are , their is only a small handful of folks who I feel comfortable getting in as close as he did in public to many young women - I fully expect some to complain about it.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

The problem with pedophile is they like ....

qSG07IgmNyA
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 02a3cd1d9b
Epstein, 66, is accused of running a sex trafficking ring resulting in the abuse of dozens of underage girls in Florida and New York in the early 2000s. He was arrested in New Jersey, as he arrived from Paris on Saturday night.
this is the guy all the loony conspiracy sites bang on about , linked directly to clinton and trump, the british royals and many other top of the pile types.

could end up most interesting.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 02a3cd1d9b
Epstein, 66, is accused of running a sex trafficking ring resulting in the abuse of dozens of underage girls in Florida and New York in the early 2000s. He was arrested in New Jersey, as he arrived from Paris on Saturday night.
this is the guy all the loony conspiracy sites bang on about , linked directly to clinton and trump, the british royals and many other top of the pile types.

could end up most interesting.
latest ditty I heard was when Acosta was asked why he gave Epstein the sweetheart deal years ago, was that Acosta was told by higher up pols that Epstein "belonged to intelligence and to back off."

Not too hard to imagine that charade being played. Everyone under suspicion of being a pervert connected to Epstein is a member of an international intelligence op designed to get foreign political officials in a compromising position (no pun intended).

Other than Tabloid headlines, I doubt much will come out of the latest hoopla. Epstein just might have a shitload of videos ready to auto download to the internet if he goes more than a few days without entering a code on his computer or smart phone.