A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Simple Minded

Re: A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:No, it is not time to move on.

Nobody is really making any sense of this flap of sexual accusations. They are all different, but the news makes them all sound the same.

Nobody is trying to put the fire out because they are all enchanted with dancing in the smoke.
Yep. Sex, whether consensual or not, occurs between two INDIVIDUALS, just like love, hate, prejudice, approval, disdain, etc. All the flap about left-right in this issue is as meaningless as all the other left-right, rich-poor, white-black group identity religious babel.

there is something to be gained by pushing the same old, same old tripe about this abuse is institutional in _________..... no doubt. Paycheck, strategic advantage, etc.

I like the fire ceremony analogy. Purifying oneself with the smoke of burning your opponents..... or the institution you despise..... they're all pagans!

ho hum.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Play for pay has been an open secret in the entertainment industry for a long time, but talent is still largely silent. The system in politics is more entrenched than I thought.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Play for pay has been an open secret in the entertainment industry for a long time, but talent is still largely silent. The system in politics is more entrenched than I thought.
How to stand out from the other applicants?

As you said, pay to play is as old as humanity.

Sometimes, in order to get ahead, ya gotta give some head!

I think in the old days it was called reciprocity, the golden rule or going the extra mile, or something like that......
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Play for pay has been an open secret in the entertainment industry for a long time, but talent is still largely silent. The system in politics is more entrenched than I thought.

I think in the old days it was called reciprocity, the golden rule or going the extra mile, or something like that......
Not legal in the US. Not ethical and pretty disgusting everywhere.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Power has always been a factor in human relationships and until the postmodern revolution, people just took it in stride and tolerated it and worked through it to where they wanted to go. Now resentment claims power not to leverage a comfy place in the hierarchy but to upset the game board and scatter the pieces because nobody wants to play by anybody's rules but their own. We haven't, or will refuse, to come to the revelation that it's better to live with the male chauvinist piggy-pigs than the fluid-gendered, FYIAD angry babies....'>......

The point is not to tolerate an unjust situation or become overly cynical about establishing something that gets closer to the idea of a happy and free humanity free from oppression and exploitation. The point is without rules or mores negotiated between humans and societies, you'll end up with chaos and everybody gets nothing. We still don't understand the the only way to achieve equality is to take everything from everyone.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
YMix

Post by YMix »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:until the postmodern revolution, people just took it in stride and tolerated it and worked through it to where they wanted to go.
:|
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Folks , this smartphone integrated with top photo (and video) camera, is the started 2nd sexual revolution

1st Sexual revolution started with "Birth Control" pill .. Christian notion sex only for making babies (you sinner if you enjoy it) was out of the window .. folks don't want baby, sinners paradise (relax, Pontiff said sinners too go to paradise)

2nd sexual revolution is now, sexting and taking picture of underbelly and all those juicy "Selfi" .. all on the go

In that sense, this should be now acceptable within "community standard" .. sort of "vanilla" in the never heard "new world", 3rd gender, I don't know Iam a man or woman (and want to use both washrooms) and and and

Come on

Poor Charley (Rose).

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

Not legal in the US. Not ethical and pretty disgusting everywhere.
Those involved in the business in E Asia play a much rougher game. Old school.

For example,

Yakuza, drugs, and 'slave' contracts

Atlantic | Send lawyers, drugs, and money

Not always clear where govt and business ends and the underworld begins.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Power has always been a factor in human relationships and until the postmodern revolution, people just took it in stride and tolerated it and worked through it to where they wanted to go. Now resentment claims power not to leverage a comfy place in the hierarchy but to upset the game board and scatter the pieces because nobody wants to play by anybody's rules but their own. We haven't, or will refuse, to come to the revelation that it's better to live with the male chauvinist piggy-pigs than the fluid-gendered, FYIAD angry babies....'>......
Quite.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:The point is not to tolerate an unjust situation or become overly cynical about establishing something that gets closer to the idea of a happy and free humanity free from oppression and exploitation. The point is without rules or mores negotiated between humans and societies, you'll end up with chaos and everybody gets nothing. We still don't understand the the only way to achieve equality is to take everything from everyone.......
Odd, isn't it, given there is no lack of historical evidence.

French Revolution → Reign of Terror

Russian Revolution → Stalin → Reign of Terror

Chinese Revolution → Mao → Great Leap Backward and the Cultural Devolution

Cambodian Revolution → Pol Pot → Reign of Terror

Etc.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:No, it is not time to move on.

Nobody is really making any sense of this flap of sexual accusations. They are all different, but the news makes them all sound the same.

Nobody is trying to put the fire out because they are all enchanted with dancing in the smoke.

I want the truth to come out. All of it. In the long run the country will be better off.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:.

I want the truth to come out. All of it. In the long run the country will be better off.

Want truth come out :lol:

Truth is , this the new scam

First they angled a rich durian, moved in, in a yr became common law partner, cashed in the chips, half of house etc .. best get quick rich play, cost was a few BJ if the guy could still stand straight, most couldn't.

Now, not even a BJ needed .. just shout "he touched my bum" or said "you got nice tits", and here comes $ 20 m insurance settlement check.

All rubbish

Car insurances decline to pay if driver was drunk .. sexual misconduct should be outlawed to insure .. if so, the lady will know there no money in this, and, will not go to the bosses Hotel room thinking boss wanting show her his stamp collection.

As long as insurance companies pay big checks for this, smart girls love "easy money".

Poor Charley Rose.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:.

Want truth come out :lol:

Truth is , this the new scam

First they angled a rich durian, moved in, in a yr became common law partner, cashed in the chips, half of house etc .. best get quick rich play, cost was a few BJ if the guy could still stand straight, most couldn't.

Now, not even a BJ needed .. just shout "he touched my bum" or said "you got nice tits", and here comes $ 20 m insurance settlement check.

All rubbish

Car insurances decline to pay if driver was drunk .. sexual misconduct should be outlawed to insure .. if so, the lady will know there no money in this, and, will not go to the bosses Hotel room thinking boss wanting show her his stamp collection.

As long as insurance companies pay big checks for this, smart girls love "easy money", like mouse loving cheeeeese.

Poor Charley Rose.

All fine as well AZ BUt there are real charges of rape. And there were BJ's Straight white men told that they have the part that will make them rich in famous if they are only willing to give one. Child actors that grow up to committed suicide because they never got over being raped as children and passed around like a toy. Sure some women went for the offer. But others walked away.

RDDc--zfKEI

Yeah I think some of the charges are pretty thin gruel Charlie Rose for example putting his hand on a woman's knee in a car. But he also strutted around butt naked women that were employees in his apartment. And the woman in the car was married to someone else.

Al Franken is a petulant little boy that never emotionally graduated the 7th grade. And he is a US Senator.

John Conyers paid out a likely illegal payment from his Senate office budget. Then denied that plain fact ever happened.

There is hard evidence and /or an admission of guilt with all of the above.

The $15 million slush fund pay out by congress show how bad the situation really is

Wide spread abuse of power in about the most corrupt way possible. The Weinstein story in the New Yorker NBC wouldn't publish The NYT had a similar story and WOULD NOT PUBlISH IT Until its editors found out that that the New Yorker was going to publish

2AaXeNOXRps

I am not the one that can't handle the truth. I have a male relative that something like the above happened to. He walked away. He made it big time away But he wasn't an actor He did set design at the time. When he walked away he was told he would never have a future career. Would never get another job. Fortunately for him he is really really good at what he does. Now he runs quarter billion dollar projects in the design and construction of world class amusement parks for a company that every one that is reading this has heard of.

This is not going to go away. These abusers of power deserving all the scorn and humiliation in the world and the maximum jail time allowed under the law.

Now the fingers are wagging in mutual recrimination and it becomes clear why abusers of the senate are not being forced to resign.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/22/conye ... nd-senate/

Conyers’ Attorney Hints At ‘Allegations’ Against ‘Many Members’ Of The House And Senate
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

gold diggers have nothing todo with rapists.

madness.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

madness.

"Rape" not "Rape" used 2B

Swedes say, any moment she shouts NO, it is a NO :lol: .. makes pretty much all men a rapist.

Does Assange look like a rapist ?

Drunk can not give consent ? .. seen any girl drinking milk before havin fun ? come on .. she can always claim she was drunk.

"Rape" is a "criminal" act .. one better off killing somebody than having a BJ in collage dorm if she proves she had 2 beers.

This will lead to backlash.

Now, one must install "surveillance camera" in living room (focused on sofa), in Kitchen, in Bedroom recording all, take her testimony she declaring she had no alcohol and volunteering for all .. she always could argue she was coerced to this, so, witnesses needed, leading to 3 participants and and. :D

For one to understand this, one must have a son, he can be totally ruined by any girl .. even a false claim would ruin his life before proven innocent.

This a typical case of "feminist" taken advantage to "pervert" a "legitimate" concern (of rape).

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:gold diggers have nothing todo with rapists.

madness.
Well said. Many of what we are reading in the news were nothing more than business agreements, no matter how unsavory, immoral, or illegal.

innocent until proven guilty in a court of law will never apply to celebrities. they live and die in the marketing world of public opinion.

be immoral for an hour a few times, and see your income skyrocket by a factor of 1,000 or 10,000 for a few years or a couple decades, or hold on to your moral standards and wait for the next potential big break? This is not even a choice for most people.

how many of the rich starlets of today would jump into the Wayback Machine and exchange all their current wealth and fame for their past virtue and an uncertain career that may include being an actress of virtue who waits tables?

A few minutes in the sack, and tens of millions of dollars will come my way? Where do I sign up to be abused? No resume needed?

"Please to meet you sir. I'm looking forward to working with you. I think that together, we can.........."

Or wait, were the abused the people who were not offered the "sex for success" opportunity?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:gold diggers have nothing todo with rapists.

madness.
Well said. Many of what we are reading in the news were nothing more than business agreements, no matter how unsavory, immoral, or illegal.

innocent until proven guilty in a court of law will never apply to celebrities. they live and die in the marketing world of public opinion.

be immoral for an hour a few times, and see your income skyrocket by a factor of 1,000 or 10,000 for a few years or a couple decades, or hold on to your moral standards and wait for the next potential big break? This is not even a choice for most people.

how many of the rich starlets of today would jump into the Wayback Machine and exchange all their current wealth and fame for their past virtue and an uncertain career that may include being an actress of virtue who waits tables?

A few minutes in the sack, and tens of millions of dollars will come my way? Where do I sign up to be abused? No resume needed?

"Please to meet you sir. I'm looking forward to working with you. I think that together, we can.........."

Or wait, were the abused the people who were not offered the "sex for success" opportunity?
1) Harvey Weinstein had it written into his contract what would happen if he were accused of sexual assault and was recorded by the NYPD trying to coerce a woman who did not agree in any way to the abuse, and the charges disappeared
2) Al Franken is pictured committing a sexual assault and admits he did it
3) John Conyers accuser was paid off with Tax payer dollar as hush money

Most of the above is just not evidence it is proof of wrong doing. IE Abuse of power

The plug should be pulled the power turned off.

There are a lot of other charges that show some evidence, but nothing close to actual proof.

It is for the ones that did not except the abuse that the power of those above need their power removed.

If the police arrive at the scene of a murder finding someone standing in the room, with the dead body, holding a smoking gun DO teh police:

A) take teh gun away and put the person in handcuffs?
or
B) Say oh this person has not had their day in court so we can't take away the gun?

It is not rocket science or brain surgery, If someone is a threat to themselves or others the police have a right to take the threat away pending trial.
If the police exhibited similar behavior they would be suspended until trial
Last edited by Doc on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

“What information do they have at their fingertips today that they didn’t have 20 years ago?”
Tripp asks.
“What information has changed ?”

There were people back then—Linda Tripp, for instance—who reflexively knew that when a president of the United States repeatedly summons a star-struck young White House intern to sexually service him, it is more than a private romantic dalliance. “I’m so weary of hearing that society’s mores have changed,” she says, “when I knew that this was an abuse of, essentially, a kid.”

When the Clintons moved into the White House in 1993, Tripp was already there, a career civil servant. A divorced mother of two teenagers, Tripp was known for strait-laced efficiency and a person with no discernible politics but who openly admired the old-school patriotism she had seen as a secretary in the George H.W. Bush White House. This made her an imperfect fit with the freewheeling Clintons, although she was, as executive assistant to Clinton’s chief counsel, located near the very seat of power (her workspace was, for a time, adjacent to Hillary’s, and she brought deputy counsel Vince Foster what turned out to be his last meal on the day he committed suicide).

The more Tripp saw of the Clinton administration, the more uncomfortable she became. She thought that the personnel in the White House travel and correspondence offices were shabbily treated, and what she saw and heard about the president’s libidinous impulses appalled her. “The housekeeping staff was afraid to bend over in his presence,” she says. Tripp’s discomfort must have been obvious, as in August 1994 she was transferred to the public affairs office of the Pentagon.

:lol:

noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
noddy wrote:.

madness.

"Rape" not "Rape" used 2B

Swedes say, any moment she shouts NO, it is a NO :lol: .. makes pretty much all men a rapist.

Does Assange look like a rapist ?

Drunk can not give consent ? .. seen any girl drinking milk before havin fun ? come on .. she can always claim she was drunk.

"Rape" is a "criminal" act .. one better off killing somebody than having a BJ in collage dorm if she proves she had 2 beers.

This will lead to backlash.

Now, one must install "surveillance camera" in living room (focused on sofa), in Kitchen, in Bedroom recording all, take her testimony she declaring she had no alcohol and volunteering for all .. she always could argue she was coerced to this, so, witnesses needed, leading to 3 participants and and. :D

For one to understand this, one must have a son, he can be totally ruined by any girl .. even a false claim would ruin his life before proven innocent.

This a typical case of "feminist" taken advantage to "pervert" a "legitimate" concern (of rape).

maybe you need a lie down.

its crazy to dismiss all the actual perverts raping children just because of gold diggers, or the swedish.

their is a huge dffference between media hysteria and law.
Last edited by noddy on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

My Flagging Sense of Propriety
This blog is about the notion that loss of self-control by males regarding the pawing of young girls is a breach of “propriety.”...

...Most readers of this website are not looking for “politeness” but for an empirical, historical look at current controversies. As I look over my long development, I have concluded that emulation of my father the doctor is the key factor, for I went into science teaching as a substitute for a career in medicine. As a science major at the Cornell University State College of Agriculture in the mid-1950s, I had to take a semester of practice teaching to get my degree. It is that story of my alleged impropriety in the Fall of 1958 at Ithaca High School that is the focus of this posting.I was anything but a feminist in that conservative decade, but I did take myself seriously as a prospective chemistry teacher (a deviant choice for a young female, I was to learn).

My supervisor was Mr. Ming, who would take a brown bag lunch with other male science faculty. In my 1950s naiveté, I thought that they would be discussing matters of scientific relevance during their lunch break, so zealous Clare improperly showed up at their confab. Mr. Ming punished me with a bad grade: a“65” because I had an inadequate “sense of propriety,” a grade that my (male) Cornell professor changed to a “90.”

I am resuscitating this memory to make a larger point than some conservative or “moderate” commentators snowed by an “avalanche” of belated confessions: that women of my generation were politely and punitively excluded from the “male” sphere, and that this situation was of more interest to me at that time in the mid-to-late 1950s than various clumsy male gropings of adolescent-looking females seem to be today (https://clarespark.com/2017/10/27/moral ... nd-lolita/).

Or, if we dig deeper, is the entire Roy Moore flap better seen as yet another assault on Southern and Western “cowboys” by neo-Progressive liberals?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I'm still amazed that none of the many, many women I have had sexual relations with have gone public.

Either they were extremely well-satisfied or they are so ashamed of their past lack of judgement, that any potential future gain would be overshadowed by an existential sense of shame.

I know which one I choose to believe........

E0LAs7X5ybE
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: this is gibberish and maybe you need a lie down.

its repulsive to dismiss all the actual perverts raping children just because of gold diggers, or the swedish.

Sounds like PTSD to me. Maybe, the morning after, sober, in the bright sunlight, with the burka off..... :o :shock:
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:My Flagging Sense of Propriety
This blog is about the notion that loss of self-control by males regarding the pawing of young girls is a breach of “propriety.”...

...Most readers of this website are not looking for “politeness” but for an empirical, historical look at current controversies. As I look over my long development, I have concluded that emulation of my father the doctor is the key factor, for I went into science teaching as a substitute for a career in medicine. As a science major at the Cornell University State College of Agriculture in the mid-1950s, I had to take a semester of practice teaching to get my degree. It is that story of my alleged impropriety in the Fall of 1958 at Ithaca High School that is the focus of this posting.I was anything but a feminist in that conservative decade, but I did take myself seriously as a prospective chemistry teacher (a deviant choice for a young female, I was to learn).

My supervisor was Mr. Ming, who would take a brown bag lunch with other male science faculty. In my 1950s naiveté, I thought that they would be discussing matters of scientific relevance during their lunch break, so zealous Clare improperly showed up at their confab. Mr. Ming punished me with a bad grade: a“65” because I had an inadequate “sense of propriety,” a grade that my (male) Cornell professor changed to a “90.”

I am resuscitating this memory to make a larger point than some conservative or “moderate” commentators snowed by an “avalanche” of belated confessions: that women of my generation were politely and punitively excluded from the “male” sphere, and that this situation was of more interest to me at that time in the mid-to-late 1950s than various clumsy male gropings of adolescent-looking females seem to be today (https://clarespark.com/2017/10/27/moral ... nd-lolita/).

Or, if we dig deeper, is the entire Roy Moore flap better seen as yet another assault on Southern and Western “cowboys” by neo-Progressive liberals?
their is something in that - tho im not sure about the final point on the attack on macho's as most of the current targets are as far removed from that as you can get.

weinstein, spacey et all are almost the opposit - they are big on passive aggresive and two face, which is wimmuns magic to the macho

the greater point about the wishy washy line between men and women being actually equal versus women being pushed around by men is an interesting fight within feminism right now - ditto the changes in “sense of propriety” as per societies assumed levels of seedyness

this truly is the sheltered sexless generation.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote: maybe you need a lie down.

its crazy to dismiss all the actual perverts raping children just because of gold diggers, or the swedish.

Sounds like PTSD to me. Maybe, the morning after, sober, in the bright sunlight, with the burka off..... :o :shock:
i dont think so.

just that some folks take the crap in the sensationalist media way too seriously.

in most countries, since the dawn of time, the public media has been the highly filtered official viewpoint but now its the most clickbaity and crazy viewpoints.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote:this truly is the sheltered sexless generation.
I was saying to someone, not in regards to any specific charge of these public figures, that some come off as extremely uncomfortable in their own skin and unable to get past that, making all sorts of situations [from the more frivolous to the serious] insurmountable traumas in the making.

That doesn't really apply to the Weinstein/Weiner cases- the stalking, the power plays, the obsessiveness....

I'm thinking more the #metoo's where some masher in a bar went in for a kiss or touched your shoulder or knee. If you don't make an issue of that at the time of the incident but wait a decade to talk about it, I've very little sympathy.