Re: Media Bias

Post by Mr. Perfect »

18YMTWFpKmo
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

National Post | America is being mocked by the shallow bias of its free press
Anti-Trump mainstream media in the U.S., joined by their fatuously chirping Canadian counterparts, are failing the general public.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:Israel is a sh*thole country in the middle east unworthy of emulation. It's locked in perpetual warfare and a great deal of its citizens are religious fanatics incapable of setting any sort of standard for the world.
Israel's GDP per capita ranks higher than that of the EU, of France, and is comparable to that of Japan.

The World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report 2016-2017 ranks Israel 2nd after Switzerland in terms of innovation and 3rd in terms of quality of research institutions.

As a nation they are doing rather well considering that they are surrounded by hostile and hopelessly backward neighbours.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Alex Jones censorship threats. Keep in mind 9-11 conspiracy videos have high circulation on youtube.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/infow ... index.html
InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.
YouTube needs a dedicated conspiracy theory section for nutters, such as Mr. Jones, one that encompasses all political/cultural views.

This would allow the looney tunes of different persuasions to fight amongst themselves in the comments sections of various videos.

A LooneyTuneTube as it were.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Alex Jones censorship threats. Keep in mind 9-11 conspiracy videos have high circulation on youtube.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/infow ... index.html
InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.
YouTube needs a dedicated conspiracy theory section for nutters, such as Mr. Jones, one that encompasses all political/cultural views.

This would allow the looney tunes of different persuasions to fight amongst themselves in the comments sections of various videos.

A LooneyTuneTube as it were.
Just go with LooneyTube CS as that would apply to the internet tubes as well.

If the human spectrum of beliefs and conspiracy theories a large portion of the population will always follow them. Now off to an afternoon of black helicopter watching on my last day before I move to either Canada or France because after the 2004 presidential elections there will never be another election after GW Bush wins. Better than joining the "resistance" I just don't have the ohms and watts for that.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Quite.

LooneyTube does sound better.
Doc

Post by Doc »

64gTjdUrDFQ
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Die Gedanken sind frei
gmwTa9qRq0o

DIE GEDANKEN SIND FREI VERSION 2.0

Die Gedanken waren frei, wer konnt' sie erraten.
Sie flogen vorbei wie nächtliche Schatten.
Kein Mensch konnt' sie wissen, kein Jäger erschiessen
damals blieb es dabei: Die Gedanken waren frei!

Doch heute sind Gedanken gewiesen in Schranken,
von tausend falschen Freunden, Versicherungen und Banken.
Mit Facebook, mit Twitter, mit Snapchat, wie bitter
wird alles überwacht, was Du jemals hast gedacht!

Deine Meinung ist noch frei, wir wollen sie wissen.
Bitte sag uns was Du denkst, ich will es nicht missen.
Zensieren und löschen, die Wahrheit verwischen
hilft nicht, es bleibt dabei: Deine Meinung ist noch frei!

Und legt man uns still in finsteren Zeiten
weil kritische Gedanken sich zu stark verbreiten,
dann wehrt Euch bevor die Zensurierungsorgie
Eure Meinung vermummt und die Wahrheit erstummt!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote:Die Gedanken sind frei
gmwTa9qRq0o

DIE GEDANKEN SIND FREI VERSION 2.0

Die Gedanken waren frei, wer konnt' sie erraten.
Sie flogen vorbei wie nächtliche Schatten.
Kein Mensch konnt' sie wissen, kein Jäger erschiessen
damals blieb es dabei: Die Gedanken waren frei!

Doch heute sind Gedanken gewiesen in Schranken,
von tausend falschen Freunden, Versicherungen und Banken.
Mit Facebook, mit Twitter, mit Snapchat, wie bitter
wird alles überwacht, was Du jemals hast gedacht!

Deine Meinung ist noch frei, wir wollen sie wissen.
Bitte sag uns was Du denkst, ich will es nicht missen.
Zensieren und löschen, die Wahrheit verwischen
hilft nicht, es bleibt dabei: Deine Meinung ist noch frei!

Und legt man uns still in finsteren Zeiten
weil kritische Gedanken sich zu stark verbreiten,
dann wehrt Euch bevor die Zensurierungsorgie
Eure Meinung vermummt und die Wahrheit erstummt!
Nice.

The other day I was talking to a guy that owns a business. He had to move out of an office that he i renting and told his two youngest employees that they needed to help him move the boxes out of the office. He said their response was that moving boxes was not part of their job.

It brought to mind the scene from Tara from Gone with the Wind were Scarlet tells the house slave that he needs to get out inthe fields to help gather food and the former slave tells her "But miss Scarlet I am a house slave not a field slave"

Honestly Americans schools today are about teaching children how to be good slaves and good followers and have been trending that way since the 1960's