Russia

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Russia

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

US, Iran, and Russia joint naval exercise .. :D

Despite tensions between the countries, "in an unprecedented move, naval ships from the US, Iran, and Russia were participating in the exercise."
Heracleum Persicum

https://asiatimes.com/2024/03/putins-go ... ns-failed/

There are more than 16,000 sanctions imposed against Russia. Yet the Russian economy and war machine grew by 3.6% in 2023 and is projected to grow another 2.6% in 2024.

How have 16,000 strategic sanctions issued by some of the most powerful economies in the world failed to derail Putin?

"Achilles' heel" of western financial system is the DOLLAR

World knows that Dollar is "dead man walking" and running away from when the music stops.

Putin hoarded GOLD .. and big Gold producer

Gold is borderless, international, has no serial number, untraceable, central banks have no control on it (to usurp), currency since Bronze Age

Heracleum Persicum

https://asiatimes.com/2024/03/america-h ... -more-war/

The most important fact about Putin’s re-election is that 88% of Russians voted, a much higher turnout than in any Western democracy.

Russians may not have had much choice of candidate but they had a choice of voting or not.

The massive turnout is consistent with Putin’s 85% approval rating according to the independent Levada poll.

Instead of collapsing, Russia has become the focal point for a reorganization of global supply chains and their financing, and its economy is growing, rather than shrinking by half, as President Biden promised in March 2022.

Europe paying the price of all this .. am astonished Europeans not revolting.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:36 am .

The most important fact about Putin’s re-election is that 88% of Russians voted, a much higher turnout than in any Western democracy.

Russians may not have had much choice of candidate but they had a choice of voting or not.

The massive turnout is consistent with Putin’s 85% approval rating according to the independent Levada poll.

Instead of collapsing, Russia has become the focal point for a reorganization of global supply chains and their financing, and its economy is growing, rather than shrinking by half, as President Biden promised in March 2022.

The way to kneecap Russia, and as a bonus Iran, would is for the US to ramp up oil and gas production driving down their respective prices.

Unfortunately, with the global warming zealots in charge in the Obama, pardon me, Biden admin this is not an option.

As for the Europeans, they are beginning to revolt. For reasons entirely unrelated to Russia. Rather due to the delusional edicts of their national governments and that of the EU politburo, pardon me, European Commission.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:57 am .

https://asiatimes.com/2024/03/putins-go ... ns-failed/

There are more than 16,000 sanctions imposed against Russia. Yet the Russian economy and war machine grew by 3.6% in 2023 and is projected to grow another 2.6% in 2024.

How have 16,000 strategic sanctions issued by some of the most powerful economies in the world failed to derail Putin?

"Achilles' heel" of western financial system is the DOLLAR

World knows that Dollar is "dead man walking" and running away from when the music stops.

Putin hoarded GOLD .. and big Gold producer

Gold is borderless, international, has no serial number, untraceable, central banks have no control on it (to usurp), currency since Bronze Age

If this were indeed the case, rather than a delusional fantasy, then there would no market for US govt bonds or, to be more accurate, the yield on such bonds would be rocketing upward.

As for gold, digging it up out of the ground only to bury it somewhere else - in some vault - is hardly the best use of resources.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

So Russia's reward for siding with the Muslims, in general, and the Gazans, in particular, is a terrorist attack by ISIS on attendees
at a concert hall in Moscow where more than 130 people were killed and 180 others injured.

Brilliant.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:51 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:36 am .

The way to kneecap Russia, and as a bonus Iran, would is for the US to ramp up oil and gas production driving down their respective prices.

Unfortunately, with the global warming zealots in charge in the Obama, pardon me, Biden admin this is not an option.

As for the Europeans, they are beginning to revolt. For reasons entirely unrelated to Russia. Rather due to the delusional edicts of their national governments and that of the EU politburo, pardon me, European Commission.

Typhoon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:51 am

Iran's per capita Oil export is negligible .. less than $ 0.6 per capita a day

Economist
United by a common foe,
the trio now vow to advance a common foreign policy :

support for a multipolar world no longer dominated by America.
All see stronger economic ties as the basis for their alliance.

Economist.png
Economist.png (2.73 MiB) Viewed 283 times
Parodite

The SIRI Cartel [Re: Russia]

Post by Parodite »

Dalton gang. Goes without saying, that gangsters and gangs always compete with other criminal, quasi-criminal and non-criminal powerful players.

Mexican drug cartels are a good example. The Sinaloa cartel at one point became way too powerful, as they allied with Mexican politicans (using the popular phrase "did them an offer they couldn't refuse") and decided together to decimate all competing cartels. Politicans could claim they were fighting the drug cartels but helped Sinaloa become the unipolar powerhouse in Mexico. That is, for as long as it lasted.

The China-Russia-Iran cartel... it should have an appropriate name. Sino Rus Iran? Just SIRI (tm)? Yes, lets baptise them the SIRI Cartel.

I agree it is better to have more than one gang calling the shots. But the nature of every gang is to try dominate, grow bigger. The smallest transgressions into each others territory however, will be retaliated ruthlessly. Something like independent courts and innocent before proven guilty are non-existing in gang world. So the ecology of cartels and gangs is rather restless and unpredictable. As well as ruthless and bloody.

But fair enough, SIRI is among us now. It is not clear if they just want to share, or dominate and take over. Will be given the benefit of the doubt. Transgressions however will be met with premordial force and merciless precision.

Even gangsters have to live by certain rules and respect borders. Some things never change.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Re: The SIRI Cartel [Re: Russia]

Parodite wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:29 pm
Even gangsters have to live by certain rules and respect borders. Some things never change.

This no brainer ..

Pomegranates (Pers*ans) and China, pretty much, dominated the known world till 1000 yrs ago .. And the records are clear
That''s rich. The Pomegranates had their asses decisively kicked by the Greeks.

Irrelevant to history after Thermopylae.

The Chinese spent much of their history squabbling amongst themselves.

Both societies were static and, in the case of China, dominated by bureaucrats and thus did not capitalize on their [impressive] explorations and inventions.

PR China is currently reverting to historical form.

Europe (and much later US), coming out of dark ages, dominated the world since, say, 1400 .. And the records too are clear

Looking at the too records, who is the "Gangster" ? :lol:

Now joke aside, as said, "military means" as instrument of domination, rapidly losing traction, that trend accelerating ..

The future domination by any group will not come by military means, but by "leading in knowledge, science, cultural and social harmony"

There will be no more venues for "Gangsterism" as "material, hard assets, territory, etc" no venue for domination.

World is changing rapidly, we entering New Word, conventional wisdom & mindset obstructs seeing what's coming.
Persian colonization good, Western colonization bad. Right.

The remarkable rise in the average individuals standard of living and quality of life was due to the scientific and industrial revolutions that occurred in the West.

Persia, China, and Russia had nothing to do with it.
Japan, unlike China, realized that if it did not want to become a Western colony, then it would have to rapidly modernize.

No one wants to live under a "New World Order" run by murderous autocrats and crazy theocrats.
Parodite

Re: The SIRI Cartel [Re: Russia]

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:17 pm
Parodite wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:29 pm

This no brainer ..

Pomegranates (Pers*ans) and China, pretty much, dominated the known world till 1000 yrs ago .. And the records are clear
That''s rich. The Pomegranates had their asses decisively kicked by the Greeks.

Irrelevant to history after Thermopylae.

The Chinese spent much of their history squabbling amongst themselves.

Both societies were static and, in the case of China, dominated by bureaucrats and thus did not capitalize on their [impressive] explorations and inventions.

PR China is currently reverting to historical form.

Europe (and much later US), coming out of dark ages, dominated the world since, say, 1400 .. And the records too are clear

Looking at the too records, who is the "Gangster" ? :lol:

Now joke aside, as said, "military means" as instrument of domination, rapidly losing traction, that trend accelerating ..

The future domination by any group will not come by military means, but by "leading in knowledge, science, cultural and social harmony"

There will be no more venues for "Gangsterism" as "material, hard assets, territory, etc" no venue for domination.

World is changing rapidly, we entering New Word, conventional wisdom & mindset obstructs seeing what's coming.
Persian colonization good, Western colonization bad. Right.

The remarkable rise in the average individuals standard of living and quality of life was due to the scientific and industrial revolutions that occurred in the West.

Persia, China, and Russia had nothing to do with it.
Japan, unlike China, realized that if it did not want to become a Western colony, then it would have to rapidly modernize.

No one wants to live under a "New World Order" run by murderous autocrats and crazy theocrats.
Suppose this was CS talking ☺️ or did HP experience a mind morph.

HP, I edited my long brain fart in the UK thread with SIRI on my black list. I guess it would help if SIRI decided do the same thing reciprocally and stick to their own empire as well, while respecting our common borders. You have nothing to fear from the Cyrus 2.0 cartel, because our strategic choice is to completely ignore SIRI 1.0 😉
noddy

Post by noddy »

China and Iran are different stories to Russia.

Russia has only ever grown through butchery and anytime the butchered get a chance to leave, they do so.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am
China and Iran are different stories to Russia.

Russia has only ever grown through butchery and anytime the butchered get a chance to leave, they do so.

True, China and Iran are different stories to Russia.

But

Russia an important partner of the alliance .. they have leading edge military technology, vast territory, unlimited natural resources, strategically positions bordering to China, Central Asia, Iran, to Baltic and to Eastern Europe.

Iran now deeply involved with Russian military technology .. they talking many top military helicopter and planes manufacturing in Iran.

Trio China-Russia-Iran pretty much unbeatable.

Was Western own making .. Mull*hs were appeasing Bush and later Trump .. US answered with "Axes of evil" and Bolten wanting to crush Irani*n bones .. :lol:
noddy

Post by noddy »

Im already comfortable with a war against Iran and Russia - seems almost impossible for it to not happen.

doubt China will go all in - they will play both sides and then step back, and stay on Chinas side.

India has already decided it wen too far towards the Russian side, is now moving back to the US side

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News ... tions.html

what you dont seem to understand is that all these non western countries have always been able to cooperate outside the western market , the west could maybe stop some things here and there but in the big picture....

the reason the non west cant setup good relations with each other has nothing to do with the west.

the only things bonding the non west is jealousy and anger at the west.

its not mutual respect and trust.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am
Im already comfortable with a war against Iran and Russia - seems almost impossible for it to not happen.

doubt China will go all in - they will play both sides and then step back, and stay on Chinas side.

India has already decided it wen too far towards the Russian side, is now moving back to the US side

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News ... tions.html

what you dont seem to understand is that all these non western countries have always been able to cooperate outside the western market , the west could maybe stop some things here and there but in the big picture....

the reason the non west cant setup good relations with each other has nothing to do with the west.

the only things bonding the non west is jealousy and anger at the west.

its not mutual respect and trust.

War with Iran and Russia for what ? ?

A war with Iran and Russia will not solve any Western problems, rather it would fast track Western decline, all western allies in ME (Arabs) will be turned "upside down" with grave consequences.

If such a war happens, West would lose after dust settles, all western world alliances will decouple, new alliances appear.

The "unwinding" already happening but at slower pace but orderly fashion .. if war happens, Unwinding will happen much quickly and with unintended consequences.

There will be no war with Iran because Iran is the "king maker" in West/East confrontation. In fact Biden (am sure Trump too will) bending to mad mullahs in all fronts.

And

With present Israel situation, West in much weaker position in Middle East.

In Middle East Mull*hs now in driver seat. :lol:

noddy

Post by noddy »

Why does their need to be a benefit to the west???

Some good profits for the corporates, more power to the government and a nice distraction from endlessly deteriorating standard of living

Kick off the multi polar world with a bang.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:04 am
Why does their need to be a benefit to the west???

Some good profits for the corporates, more power to the government and a nice distraction from endlessly deteriorating standard of living

Kick off the multi polar world with a bang.

What is Iranian strategy going forward ?

Iran "playing for time"

Iran makes sure nobody can touch Iran, acts not aggressive, and let things progress by default.

Israel now a Pariah state, West accepting Iran as nuclear power, Russian economy growing faster than G7 .. Xi now started building Wide-body jets with Chinese Turbo-Fan engine.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Wild Dog West retreating more to its own borders. USA no longer policeman of world. All good news.

NATO was never a threat to Russia but supports former USSR nations that now choose not to be under Russian boots and want to be part of Western Europe, or just be left alone for a change. Russia is very big territory full of riches and potential. More than enough "Lebesraum" so there is zero need to keep whining about former USSR concubines who now choose different lovers in West. Get over it!

West is much nicer to them than USSR rapist controle freak. In West we love win-win and free association that is mutually beneficiary. Putin and his kleptocrat KGB-FSB gang who hijacked and rip off the Russian population will continue to do what they are doing, but nothing is forever. The writing is on the wall already.

The SIRI cartel are now the new bad boys. No way around it. Add political Islam as the toxic mind poison and you have all the bad news you need to know about and identify on the map.
Heracleum Persicum

The U.S. risks being caught off-guard if it expects the ’90s to last forever.
What Russia Sanctions Failure Says About the Future

How did Russia, which, as often observed in Western commentary, has a smaller GDP than several individual EU states as well as both Texas and California, manage to defeat an economic blockade imposed by a coalition accounting for over one-third of the global economy ?

This phenomenon has been well-charted as a policy question.

It is, in large part, a story of sophisticated Russian sanctions evasion and mitigation measures, including a wide array of parallel import schemes, a vast network of commercial proxies and cut-outs, alternative energy export pathways, and Russia’s success in offsetting Western pressure through deeper commercial ties with China, India, and other major players in the global south.
The disastrous failure of Russia sanctions offers a glimpse of a future for which U.S. policy, stuck in a staid 1990s mentality even as the world quickly passes it by, is not prepared.

Washington must finally wean itself off its worsening sanctions addiction and pursue a more nuanced, pragmatic framework for dealing with the rest of the world while it can still do so on its own terms.

Mull*hs laughing :lol: