Russia

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Russia

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

YgGzAKP_HuM

I like the playback speed set at 0.75. Sounds like the original that way....'>......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Russians are rapidly becoming poorer, and this process will worsen in 2021.
This opinion was shared by independent financial analyst Konstantin Selyanin.
According to him, the real incomes of Russians have been falling since 2014, and about 20 million Russian citizens are below the absolute poverty line.
The analyst also doubted that the impoverishment of Russians would end in the coming years. “The incomes of Russians will not grow, this is practically predetermined,” Selyanin said.
According to official Rosstat data, in March-April, the real income of Russians fell by 16.5%.
Given that Rosstat tends usually to embellish the picture to the liking of the Kremlin, the reality is likely to be worse.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Navalny: "Vladimir The Underpants Poisoner."

Navalny mocks Putin and takes on his jailers.

MfxsC_CU13Q
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

“ Sputnik is entering new orbits ”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/19/worl ... power.html

" .. more than 50 countries from Latin America to Asia have ordered 1.2 billion doses of the Russian vaccine, buffing the image of Russian science and lifting Moscow’s influence around the world."

".. vaccine diplomacy has already furthered a number of goals for Moscow: It has helped deepen divisions within the European Union, sending a shipment to Hungary before regulators approved it for the entire bloc; stirred domestic discord in Ukraine by highlighting slow Western vaccine supplies to the country; and circulated disinformation in Latin America that undermined public confidence in vaccines made in the United States."

" “Sputnik is entering new orbits,” a report on state television crowed this month, proudly showing crates of thousands of doses of vaccine being loaded onto an airplane leaving Russia for Argentina."

The Lancet says one of the best .. 91.4 % effective, not complicated, low price, no string attached

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia-sp ... -1.5908369

Go, Putin, Goooooooo :D

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Any additional vaccine developed anywhere that works well is good news.

Like the Soyuz space program kept aloft by ferrying American astronauts,
it's a bit ironic that the former Soviet Union invested so much in germ warfare,
only to have its resources end up being used to develop life-saving vaccines.
Heracleum Persicum

https://asiatimes.com/2022/03/george-ke ... an-future/

Washington’s attempt to remake Russia socially, economically and politically in the 1990s quite inadvertently resulted in the Russia we are confronted with today.

So why does Washington insist on believing that its attempts to reshape Russia from the outside will somehow, someday work out?
“Of one thing we may be sure: No great and enduring change in the spirit and practice of government in Russia will ever come about primarily through foreign inspiration or advice. To be genuine, to be enduring and to be worth the hopeful welcome of other peoples such a change would have to flow from the initiative and efforts of the Russians themselves.”

That shows how silly "Regime Change" thinking is

Any change in any culture must come from within .. change means "cultural evolution"
Heracleum Persicum

Slovakia agrees to pay for Russian gas in rubles

“If there is a condition to pay in rubles, then we will pay in rubles,” Sulik said. He stressed that Russian imports account for roughly 85% of all Slovakian gas supplies, so the country’s authorities will remain pragmatic on the issue.

“We cannot be cut off from gas,” Sulik emphasized, urging the rest of Europe to jointly seek a solution.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Life in Russia

Жесть в Воронеже...

Seems that little has changed, outside of Moscow, since the time I spent in the former SU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ejLrjgeYE

s0ejLrjgeYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUebRe-3Is

HzUebRe-3Is
noddy

Post by noddy »

vK7l55ZOVIc
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

Accurate Russian news these days is in Indian, Cashmiri, Bangladeshi media :lol:

American media either fake stuff or no mention of

Russia has all necessary resources to withstand Western pressure,
says country’s central bank

Russia has all the necessary financial resources to allow the economy to function under sanctions pressure, international media reported quoting Governor of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina as saying on Thursday at a meeting of the State Duma.

She stressed there is no danger of default for the country.

“Russia has the resources, all the necessary financial resources. No default threatens us,” RT quoted her as saying.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:42 pm .

Accurate Russian news these days is in Indian, Cashmiri, Bangladeshi media :lol:

Russia has all the necessary financial resources to allow the economy to function under sanctions pressure, international media reported quoting Governor of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina as saying on Thursday at a meeting of the State Duma.

“Russia has the resources, all the necessary financial resources. No default threatens us,” RT quoted her as saying.
Having to resort to quoting the Pakistani press is the very definition of clutching at straws.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:02 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:42 pm .

Having to resort to quoting the Pakistani press is the very definition of clutching at straws.

Yes, agree, you absolutely right, to resort to quoting the Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Indian press really "clutching at straws" .. but that the only venue to get to "unbiased" news instead of fake PR from American media .. no other venue

Where should we get unbiased news ?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

News is never unbiased. It is always propaganda.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:03 pm News is never unbiased. It is always propaganda.

Principaly, YES

But

All the media , Print , Radio, Tv all of them have Reuters, Associated Press, Bloomberg etc etc terminals meaning they receive same news.

But they filter things .. or .. invent stuff

Also, "authorities" feed them with "spin" or outright rubbish to fool poor Joe :lol:

Idea being Joe interested only in sport and sex stuff, maybe so

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:35 pm In Putin Russia, death finds you.

Two Ex-Russian Gas Company Execs Found Dead Along With Their Families in Two Days
Yahoo has snuck in as an interesting news source. Pertinent to HP’s comment about filtering, I have noticed they do not ‘run with the pack’ as consistently as they once did.

Now I see hard news from them that does not run elsewhere.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:13 pm
Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:35 pm In Putin Russia, death finds you.

Two Ex-Russian Gas Company Execs Found Dead Along With Their Families in Two Days
Yahoo has snuck in as an interesting news source. Pertinent to HP’s comment about filtering, I have noticed they do not ‘run with the pack’ as consistently as they once did.

Now I see hard news from them that does not run elsewhere.

Yes, true, yahoo news the best news under present circumstances, not so Google or Apple news
Heracleum Persicum

Hostilities benefitting Putin at home
Poll shows 80% of Russians believe they have the upper hand in new ‘global power struggle’
while only 72% of Americans do

“Russians remain uncritically loyal to their country as almost half (48%) agree that ‘people should support their country even if their country’s actions and policies are in the wrong,’” according to a new poll by data firm RIWI and economist David Woo.

Despite the US administration’s hope that the Ukraine war would lead to Putin’s departure, the outbreak of hostilities appears to have strengthened the Russian president’s position.

Meanwhile, Russia’s central bank has succeeded in stabilizing the ruble, which has returned to its exchange rate prior to Russia’s February 24 invasion of Ukraine. Russia’s consumer inflation rate, meanwhile, also has fallen back to pre-war levels, as a strengthening currency and relaxed exchange controls suppressed panic buying.

Stores are, for the most part, well-stocked, restaurants are open and consumer activity is mostly normal, according to Moscow residents interviewed by Asia Times.

Seems, in Russia, things back to Norman, at the same time West galloping head first into recession

If Dems lose congress (and Senate), things could become hard for Biden
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The one good thing about murderous dictators is that they are mortal.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:59 am .

Hostilities benefitting Putin at home
Poll shows 80% of Russians believe they have the upper hand in new ‘global power struggle’
while only 72% of Americans do

“Russians remain uncritically loyal to their country as almost half (48%) agree that ‘people should support their country even if their country’s actions and policies are in the wrong,’” according to a new poll by data firm RIWI and economist David Woo.

Despite the US administration’s hope that the Ukraine war would lead to Putin’s departure, the outbreak of hostilities appears to have strengthened the Russian president’s position.

Meanwhile, Russia’s central bank has succeeded in stabilizing the ruble, which has returned to its exchange rate prior to Russia’s February 24 invasion of Ukraine. Russia’s consumer inflation rate, meanwhile, also has fallen back to pre-war levels, as a strengthening currency and relaxed exchange controls suppressed panic buying.

Stores are, for the most part, well-stocked, restaurants are open and consumer activity is mostly normal, according to Moscow residents interviewed by Asia Times.

Seems, in Russia, things back to Norman, at the same time West galloping head first into recession
Indeed.

Although it is unlikely that "Norman" would enjoy "normal" in Russia.

Life in Russia
1_aykcRo50tEuY2rjlM11N_w.jpeg
1_aykcRo50tEuY2rjlM11N_w.jpeg (126.34 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
1_cdmi3PfqH8o85nL8XkMv8w.jpeg
1_cdmi3PfqH8o85nL8XkMv8w.jpeg (138.05 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:59 am
If Dems lose congress (and Senate), things could become hard for Biden
One hopes.
Heracleum Persicum

Yes, Russia was a poor country, that since 100s of yrs

But

Now things could change

Russia has all what needs to become a rich prosperose country

Loaded with all kinds of natural resources, with a deep pocket taker just next door .. and .. one of the best engineers in the world

What Russia lacked was "entrepreneurship" and "marketing" .. that will change now .. Iranian and Chinese will flood Russia now, expert in both

One of the best thing that can happen to any nation with "excellent potential" , like Iran and now Russia , is SANCTION

When not sanctioned, foreign producers can dump, control one's market, preventing local development

Sanction, by definition, keeps out foreign competition, pushing inside development in all domains .. those nations with big potential, resources and talent, like Russia and Iran (and China), will develop their own and excel .. that already happening in Iran and will now start also in Russia

Sanction is good for Russia, as it was good for Iran
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Sure. Lots of demand for Photoshop skills.

The contemporary version of the Potemkin village.

Iran has plenty of experience and expertise in this field, so it's a match made in heaven.

Anyways, your predictions about the future are nothing if not entertaining.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:46 pm
Anyways, your predictions about the future are nothing if not entertaining.

Pls enjoy as long as it lasts :lol:

Russia becoming an Asian nation
Sanctions empowering Russia to create the pathways for
financial and economic independence from the West

Western sanctions have forced Moscow to begin employing new, dynamic strategies for surviving the economic assault Russia is being subjected to.

For example, as the West has enacted its partial, self-imposed moratorium on the importation of cheap, important Russian natural gas as punishment for the invasion of Ukraine, Moscow has merely shifted its energy flows away from Europe to thirsty markets in the Far East (notably those in India and China).

Plus, Beijing has become more amenable to serving as a financial backstop for Moscow the harder the West pushes Russia economically.

On top of Moscow turning more toward China to assist Russia in its hour of financial and economic need, both Germany and France – the strongest economy in Europe and the most powerful indigenous military on the continent, respectively – have created ingenious ways to circumvent the Western sanctions that both nations claim they support.

In fact, while Germany, which is disproportionately reliant on Russian natural gas, may have canceled its recently completed Nord Stream 2 pipeline, it has yet to cancel its long-standing Nord Stream 1 pipeline.

For that to occur, E.ON, the German company that manages Nord Stream 1, would have to cancel its pipeline with Russia. And the chief executive of E.ON has publicly stated that his company will never cut off its flow of Russian natural gas.

As this happens, Moscow has turned to demanding that all payments for Russian natural gas and oil be made in the ruble, as a way of propping up and enhancing Russia’s flagging currency (thanks to the Western sanctions).

Meanwhile, a delegation from Russia attended the Bengal Global Business Summit (BGBS) in the final weeks of April. Despite the Western sanctions and the hectoring from Western governments, the organizers of BGBS 2022 insisted that Russia be included. This, as Russian warships operated alongside Chinese warships in the Pacific during a recent US Navy exercise there.

So, what we are witnessing is not the total defeat of Russia (though Ukraine has, with help from the Western alliance, held its own against the Russian invader). Instead, what one is witnessing today is the death of Western Russia and the birth of an Asian Russia.

OK , Europe did not want Russia , fine, Chinese take it .. beautiful girls, lots of Oil and Gas , virgin (hungry) market, vaaaaaaaast last, you name it (resource) they have it. What else would Chinese wish from almighty ?

Yet since Peter the Great was czar, Russian leaders have obsessed over their Western periphery. The unjust Russian invasion of Ukraine, however, is forcing changes in the make-up of Russian policy. Having been closed off to the West, rather than admit it erred in their invasion of Ukraine, Putin’s regime is pivoting to the East.

This is something that both the Neo-Eurasianists and the siloviki have long favored. The Russian elite today have no choice any longer. They must pivot away from the West or be destroyed by the Western sanctions and increased hostilities.

Thus Russia is becoming an Asian nation – fulfilling the long-delayed dreams of Czar Alexander III, who had built the Trans-Siberian Railroad linking Russia’s more developed “European” side with Russia’s “Wild East” along the underdeveloped Pacific coastline.

Rather than surrender to the overwhelming economic and political pressure that the West is subjecting the Russians to; instead of overthrowing the would-be czar, Vladimir Putin, the Russians are becoming more pro-Putin. They are entering the classic Russian pattern of resisting the dreaded outsider at all costs – even if it means enhancing the power of the dreaded dictator at home.

For those Western elites under the false assumption that there is an end in sight to the current standoff with Russia (one that ends with the end of Putin’s reign and either the democratization of Russia or the breaking down of the unitary Russian state), be prepared to be proved wrong.

Strategies must now be developed accordingly – and those strategies must recognize that real and severe limitations will be placed upon American power projection into Eurasia henceforth.

Still laughing ? :D
Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:42 pm
Russians are rapidly becoming poorer, and this process will worsen in 2021.
This opinion was shared by independent financial analyst Konstantin Selyanin.
According to him, the real incomes of Russians have been falling since 2014, and about 20 million Russian citizens are below the absolute poverty line.
The analyst also doubted that the impoverishment of Russians would end in the coming years. “The incomes of Russians will not grow, this is practically predetermined,” Selyanin said.
According to official Rosstat data, in March-April, the real income of Russians fell by 16.5%.
Given that Rosstat tends usually to embellish the picture to the liking of the Kremlin, the reality is likely to be worse.
Its' been sad to watch you become a propagandist in recent years. At one point your veracity was highly admirable. All things must come to an end I suppose
Censorship isn't necessary