Karl Marx the Man

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Parodite

Karl Marx the Man

Post by Parodite »

Marx's Path to Communism

Marx & Satan (pdf)

Not sure how solid the connection with alleged Satanism is, but it (his philosophy and political ideology) all seems like revenge after an old divine love that, for whatever reason, abandoned him as a young man. Columbine shooting types, all of them.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Re: Karl Marx the Man

Post by Simple Minded »

excellent article. thanks for posting Parodite! Another data point that validates my spider sense that goes off whenever I hear someone preaching about how much they care for the common good of the others.

Apparently, elitists, pretending to be commoners, and preaching for the universal salvation of the common man, while living an opposite lifestyle is nothing new.

Probably guided by the same self-loathing that motivates so many of today's rich celebrities to make statements of belief that are contrary to the lifestyles they choose to live.

Wasn't it Tostoy who said (paraphrased) "I sit on the back of the common man choking him. While trying to convince him I will do anything to help him, except get off his back!"
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

When a birthday cake isn't enough. Very metal:

Very influential. Very inspirational. Very deplored. (especially by you-guess-who).........
In 1837 Marx reneged on the legal career that his father, himself a lawyer, had mapped out for him and immersed himself instead in the speculative philosophy of G.W.F. Hegel at the University of Berlin. One might say that it was all downhill from there. The deeply conservative Prussian government didn’t take kindly to such revolutionary thinking (Hegel’s philosophy advocated a rational liberal state), and by the start of the next decade Marx’s chosen career path as a university professor had been blocked.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/opin ... uence.html
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

In my anecdotal experience,
the more strident the self-proclaimed altruist and humanitarian,
the greater the jerk in his or her personal dealing with other people.

It is as if commitment to the Cause absolves such individuals of standard norms of civil behaviour.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:In my anecdotal experience,

It is as if commitment to the Cause absolves such individuals of standard norms of civil behaviour.

I have noticed that as well. Also beware of the one that tells you how ethical, virtuous, rich they are, or how they have never been involved in a "smidgen of scandal"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:When a birthday cake isn't enough. Very metal:
Looks like a prefect safe space.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:In my anecdotal experience,

agreed. IME, some profess belief, other's project camouflage.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Meb7c3xsoJI
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Karl Marx was a newspaper-level opinion writer who ambitiously wanted to be more than that.

Is Karl Marx anyone today without the cunning genius (and I think it's safe to call it a genius) of Vladimir Lenin?
noddy

Post by noddy »

now we await gnome chompers offspring.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Marx the man apparently had a sense of humor. That it was rather of a withering and overly cruel type doesn't seem to have deterred people from liking him, and maybe it would be fair to say it acted as the saving grace of his personality and sociability.

Maybe it's a good lesson about how far you can get in life (and the afterlife :shock: ) with a joke or two, even when [or especially when?] you take yourself seriously.

What I don't accept is that Mr.Marx's apocalyptic furies can all be whitewashed and explained away as part of some sort of subtle prowess for irony that just goes over the heads of us rubes- who knew Karl Marx was the first hipster? :lol:
NapLajoieonSteroids

Been picking at the book Parodite originally posted.

Has me thinkin'; anyone ever read Marx's Union of the Faithful to Christ?

I've seen some of the poetry but...am curious about this-

how about a good secondary source who has dealt with it?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Wouldn't the simpler explanation be that instead of satanism, Karl Marx and friends were well versed in the German fads- all the references to satan align pretty well Gothe-mania and his Mephistopheles and how that all ties into the trickster god/Promethean/"Jewish"/Protestant knot....?

Very hard to wrap my head around how closely aligned the ideas of God/Monarch/Church/Economics were in folkways.

I mean, obviously, I gets it- I know of it....but it's a foreign way of thinkin' in a lot of ways...until it pops up every once in a while like in Scot-verse about if you allow a bishop, the Pope and King are not far away; and the Pope will be bringing back the brass penny and wooden shoes!

O! waes me for the Covenant, and waes me for the Kirk!