Québec

A Mari usque ad Mare
Typhoon

Québec

Post by Typhoon »

Atlas Obscura | The Delightful Perversity of Québec’s Catholic Swears
Crisse de câlisse de sacrament de tabarnak d’osti de ciboire!
The Canadian province has expletives like no other.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Re: Québec

Post by Simple Minded »

I'm interpreting this as Quebecers are the rednecks of Canada.

Similar, somewhat story:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/w ... youre-from
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The G & M | Coalition Avenir Québec wins historic majority as voters soundly reject old-line Liberals, PQ
Quebeckers have elected a right-leaning government for the first time since 1966, choosing the upstart Coalition Avenir Québec while soundly rejecting the two parties that governed the province and drove Canadian national unity debates for five decades.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote:The G & M | Coalition Avenir Québec wins historic majority as voters soundly reject old-line Liberals, PQ
Quebeckers have elected a right-leaning government for the first time since 1966, choosing the upstart Coalition Avenir Québec while soundly rejecting the two parties that governed the province and drove Canadian national unity debates for five decades.
That can't bode well for Trudeau. Isn't 1966 the year his father won his first political office in Quebec?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Colonel Sun wrote:The G & M | Coalition Avenir Québec wins historic majority as voters soundly reject old-line Liberals, PQ
That can't bode well for Trudeau. Isn't 1966 the year his father won his first political office in Quebec?
Like I said before, it's hard to tell the difference from Canada and the US from ground level. Didn't Trump's grandfather operate a brothel in Canada?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
Like I said before, it's hard to tell the difference from Canada and the US from ground level. Didn't Trump's grandfather operate a brothel in Canada?
If he didn't, someone needs to make it so as a musical.
RQa7SvVCdZk
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:

Trudeau is probably toast next year, but it won't be because of Quebec. I don't think Scheer will play well there, and Ford didn't help him out by slashing French language programs in Ontario.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:

Trudeau is probably toast next year, but it won't be because of Quebec. I don't think Scheer will play well there, and Ford didn't help him out by slashing French language programs in Ontario.
Honestly it has been a long time since I saw much in the way of news from Quebec. But I suspect you are right on Trudeau on both counts.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I heard about a new unit of measurement today, the macrón. "Trudeau's popularity is so poor they are beginning to measure it in macróns" :lol:
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I heard about a new unit of measurement today, the macrón. "Trudeau's popularity is so poor they are beginning to measure it in macróns" :lol:
:D