The approaching Honduran migrant caravan

Simple Minded

The approaching Honduran migrant caravan

Post by Simple Minded »

Looks remarkably well organized and funded. A systematic rushing of the gates to discredit the current administration.

It will be interesting to see how the govt. reacts at the border, and how ordinary citizens who live close to the border will react.
Doc

Re: The approaching "caravan"

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:Looks remarkably well organized and funded. A systematic rushing of the gates to discredit the current administration.

It will be interesting to see how the govt. reacts at the border, and how ordinary citizens who live close to the border will react.
Shouldn't this be under Democrat Party suicide?

The Republicans should run an ad "Do you want immigration enforcement at our borders, or in your living room?"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
The Republicans should run an ad "Do you want immigration enforcement at our borders, or in your living room?"
That is amazingly succinct. Even better than my asking "So if you think they should be welcomed at the border, how many are you going to let live with you? Hell, they can bunk in your daughter's room...."

Maybe a slight edit "Do you want US to enforce immigration law at the border, or do YOU want to enforce immigration law at your front door?"

Imagine living in a somewhat small city, say less than 30,000 and seeing 7,000 people approaching, who have previously announced "We don't care about your laws." Could be some vigilanteism happening even before they get to the US border.

Of course, the left could easily thwart this by Obama, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, Barbara Striesand, Geraldo Rivera, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, etc. all declaring they are taking 5 or 10 illegals into each of their houses. First step? Take a vote to enforce the border laws, all voting not to enforce are required to adopt 10 illegals?

I think this might be one of the first big examples of the modern era when the elites whip up the rabble and then lose control of the situation.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:
That is amazingly succinct. Even better than my asking "So if you think they should be welcomed at the border, how many are you going to let live with you? Hell, they can bunk in your daughter's room...."

Maybe a slight edit "Do you want US to enforce immigration law at the border, or do YOU want to enforce immigration law at your front door?"

Imagine living in a somewhat small city, say less than 30,000 and seeing 7,000 people approaching, who have previously announced "We don't care about your laws." Could be some vigilanteism happening even before they get to the US border.

Of course, the left could easily thwart this by Obama, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, Barbara Striesand, Geraldo Rivera, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, etc. all declaring they are taking 5 or 10 illegals into each of their houses. First step? Take a vote to enforce the border laws, all voting not to enforce are required to adopt 10 illegals?

I think this might be one of the first big examples of the modern era when the elites whip up the rabble and then lose control of the situation.

I like your version better
ice.jpg
ice.jpg (108.4 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
Looks like someone at Twitter didn't like the meme My account there is now locked under suspicion of being a "bot" and the phone number is no longer valid. Oh well
bs.jpg
bs.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: I like your version better
ice.jpg
Looks like someone at Twitter didn't like the meme My account there is now locked under suspicion of being a "bot" and the phone number is no longer valid. Oh well
bs.jpg
Thats why they call them Twits!

Did you create that picture? I think the one of them crossing the bridge into Mexico might be a better picture.

I think if they try to cross into Texas they might get hit with sniper fire. Probably lots of "Remember the Alamo!" battle cries in the air or cyber space right now.

I would imagine the leaders would steer the herd toward CA, but Americans shooting immigrants just might be the optic they are looking for.

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture ... 646#imgrc=_
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote: I like your version better
ice.jpg
bs.jpg
Thats why they call them Twits!

Did you create that picture? I think the one of them crossing the bridge into Mexico might be a better picture.

I think if they try to cross into Texas they might get hit with sniper fire. Probably lots of "Remember the Alamo!" battle cries in the air or cyber space right now.

I would imagine the leaders would steer the herd toward CA, but Americans shooting immigrants just might be the optic they are looking for.

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture ... 646#imgrc=_
Yeah I made the meme. If you have a better picture send me a link. And yes the caravan is heading towards CA

In fact the state of California has already made an educational how to film about it

v_p8khzyK-E
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Yeah I made the meme. If you have a better picture send me a link. And yes the caravan is heading towards CA
See above for link. I think the picture in the second column, and seventh row from the top might be the best one.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I say let 'em into SoCal and don't let them leave.

Seriously, I think the Guard is anxious to test the non-lethal crowd control devices they have developed. Good opportunity to break out the new toys.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I say don't let any of them in. Not a single one. This is a test case. The test needs to fail.
Censorship isn't necessary
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!

After years of discussion between controlled immigration advocates and open borders advocates, an open borders advocate is finally asked "the SimpleMinded question!"

check out Tucker Carlson at 13:00

SHhd3oCRz9s

Turns out Horge Ramos is every bit as racist as Donald Trump, Barack Obama, the Hollywood elites, the coastal elites, Geraldo Rivera, every America who is not already housing illegal immigrants, and even some Canadians like HP.

The question of "How many are you willing to take into your home and take responsibility for?" needs to be asked of everyone who say "We are a nation of immigrants." "these are refugees." "Immigrants built America." "Let them in." etc.

Very simple concept. Only after Trump was elected could the question be asked. Strange.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I say don't let any of them in. Not a single one. This is a test case. The test needs to fail.
yep. The spotlight is on.
Typhoon

Re: The approaching Honduran migrant caravan

Post by Typhoon »

Fox | Honduran crime, extreme poverty fueling migrant caravan

The massive US demand for illegal drugs is currently a main driver of the endemic corruption, crime, violence, and resulting poverty in countries such as the Honduras.

Citizens of these unfortunate nations are understandably willing to risk all to travel elsewhere.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote:Fox | Honduran crime, extreme poverty fueling migrant caravan

The massive US demand for illegal drugs is currently a main driver of the endemic corruption, crime, violence, and resulting poverty in countries such as the Honduras.
My solution: Sentence convicted US drug users to Honduras in exchange for immigrants to be named later.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

There is no solution without legalizing drugs which will kill the cartels.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:

My solution: Sentence convicted US drug users to Honduras in exchange for immigrants to be named later.
Sounds unconstitutional.

There's not enough room in the Honduras.

It would take gunboat diplomacy. at the minimum. to get the Honduras to agree to this scheme.

Any pragmatic ideas?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:There is no solution without legalizing drugs which will kill the cartels.
It would probably be far cheaper and more effective to return to the laws of The Great Binge era and treat addiction as a medical problem rather a criminal one.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote:
Doc wrote:

Sounds unconstitutional.

There's not enough room in the Honduras.

It would take gunboat diplomacy. at the minimum. to get the Honduras to agree to this scheme.

Any pragmatic ideas?
All the same it would seem just to send those causing the crime in Honduras to live in it.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:There is no solution without legalizing drugs which will kill the cartels.
Good start.
noddy

Post by noddy »

If our cultures need some collectors fetish for capturing the entirety of humanities variation I think its an excellent idea to make it an exchange.

2 for 1 - for every colourful foreigner we get to send 2 sheltered progressives back out.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote:
Any pragmatic ideas?
Easy. Send our own caravan down to meet their caravan.

Ours is loaded with junk food, sugar, tobacco products, soft drinks, candy, energy drinks, smartphones, big battery powered flat screen TV's and smartphones. But the TV's only pick up CNN, MSNBC, and reality TV shows. The smartphones only pick up social media.

After a few weeks of watching those TV broadcasts, and surfing social media, they will be convinced that America is a country loaded with crazy, gun toting, racist, sexist, polyphobes, who would just as soon spit in your face or shoot you, as say "How do you do?" They'll think America is an even bigger shithole country than the shithole country they left. And the ones that don't buy into the "Danger - shithole country dead ahead propaganda," after a few weeks of eating like Americans, will be too fat, too lazy, and in such poor health they won't be able to walk any farther.

Why on Earth would a non-white person or a woman even try to get into America in the first place? Whadda they f**king nuts?

The idea of the wall is not to keep the good people out of America, it is to keep the nut cases in America. It will not be built to protect Americans from our neighbors, but to protect the neighbors from Americans. Somebody has been lying to these poor bastards.

Shouldn't be too tough of a sell. Hell, Endovelico, Ibrahim, HP, and Zack all bought into it, hook, line, and sinker.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:If our cultures need some collectors fetish for capturing the entirety of humanities variation I think its an excellent idea to make it an exchange.

2 for 1 - for every colourful foreigner we get to send 2 sheltered progressives back out.
Amen, it will be exactly like passing laws in Arkansas or West Virginia to prevent people from breeding with their sisters and brothers.

I think Mr. Perfect might be an avid supporter.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:If our cultures need some collectors fetish for capturing the entirety of humanities variation I think its an excellent idea to make it an exchange.

I got the first 24 exchangees lined up.....
Attachments
2yearslater.jpg
2yearslater.jpg (129.06 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol no.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

Lol no.
Unsupported assertion.

Demand creates its own supply.

Massive demand creates it own massive supply.

[Credit. Adam Isacson/US Southern Command]
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Colonel Sun wrote:
It would probably be far cheaper and more effective to return to the laws of The Great Binge era and treat addiction as a medical problem rather a criminal one.
Social conservatives will never allow this, which is one of the reasons am such a reluctant Republican. Personal responsibility and freedom are their buzzwords, EXCEPT when it comes to things like adults imbibing intoxicants or having the wrong kind of consensual sex. Suddenly then they need to be everyone's babysitter.