POTUS Election 2020 | Here we go again . . .

Mr. Perfect

Re: POTUS Election 2020 | Here we go again . . .

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:56 am Regarding campaigns, with two candidates that has been in the limelight for decades, it is hard for me to believe that most potential voters did not make up their minds about who to vote for many months or even a couple years ago.
Ermm, the non most are the swing vote who decide these things.
But, prior and post election, experts will say, (probably to continue to support the industry) "Candidate D lost state X due to their not spending more time in state X during the last two weeks of the campaign.
It seems to make a difference in the swing vote.
I suspect, contrary to the prognostications of all the Doomsayers, the sun will rise tomorrow no matter who wins.
The sun rose in Syria and the Chinese concentration camps, not sure what your point is.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:51 am
If Joe Biden was winning in those states you would think they would have been done counting in an hour
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Remember the Democrat primary in Iowa.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:13 am Sounds almost nuts, but the Biden campaign seemed a lot like the Dems intended to lose.
I've never understood why anyone would think that. Who would dedicate their lives and fortune and intend to lose
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:04 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:13 am Sounds almost nuts, but the Biden campaign seemed a lot like the Dems intended to lose.
I've never understood why anyone would think that. Who would dedicate their lives and fortune and intend to lose
good question.

Very similar to 2018 and the republicans. Do you remember your contemporary assessment? You said that you had never seen politicians more dedicated to losing an election. Do you recall what your thought process was at that time?

Kinda like the repubs running McCain in 2008..... dems running Kerry in 2004.... McGovern in 1984.... Dukakis in 1988...

Sometimes it seems that when one side thinks they are going to lose the election, they keep the first string candidate on the bench for the next contest.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:04 pm
Great minds think alike! I just remembered that a few hours ago, Rush Limbaugh asked the same question. According to my best recall his statement was "I know the DC Republicans hate Trump and they don't want to see him have a single victory. But even if you can't commit to helping Trump win, could you not at least commit to defeating the Democrats?"

I have heard him make several similar statements over the last few years. Same for Hannity, Levin, Ingraham, and Beck.

Bigger brains than mine are asking where was the opposition for the last 3 (to 11) years.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

David has been busy as of late and you can judge for yourself if he has the proper angle on how we should proceed during and after the election....'>......

As spengler:

I Voted for Trump—and You Should, Too, Because the Republic Is at Stake
If you’re still on the fence, please consider the following.

First: There is a Deep State that abused the credibility of America’s Intelligence Community to overturn a free and fair presidential election. If you don’t believe me, listen to what left-liberal journalist Glenn Greenwald told Tucker Carlson last week. Greenwald brought out the Edward Snowden revelations about National Security Agency spying on American citizens. He has been a thorn in the side of the U.S. Deep State for years, and he now warns about a dirty alliance between the spooks and the progressive Left. The whole “Russia collusion” scandal was concocted out of thin air in order to bring down a presidency. If a handful of self-appointed officials in cahoots with the liberal elite can destroy a presidency, your democratic rights are toilet paper.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2020/10/31 ... e-n1112201

The Good News Is That Biden Is Screwed, Even if He Wins
Politico.com’s headline this morning reads, “Biden looks screwed even if he wins.” The Republicans kept a Senate majority and reduced the Democratic majority in the House. If Biden squeaks by, he will have no popular mandate, no Senate, and no help from the Supreme Court. He won’t be able to pass tax increases, big changes in health care, or his Green New Deal boondoggles. He will have the same headaches confirming his favorite nominees as Trump did, and worse, as a Republican Senate casts a jaundiced eye at Biden’s supporting cast.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2020/11/04 ... s-n1124975

This would not happen if Biden were still alive
With 94% of the Florida vote counted, Trump has a 3% lead over his opponent, propelled by unexpected strength among Hispanic voters. Texas, with the third-largest share of votes in the electoral college, shows a 4% lead for Trump with 81% of votes counted. Hispanics comprise more than 16% of the US population and Trump is winning a larger share of their vote than in 2016, according to exit polls.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/11/this-woul ... ill-alive/

oops.... this one is behind a paywall.....'>......

US faces a four-year paralysis
Donald Trump’s path to reelection narrowed Wednesday afternoon as Michigan and Wisconsin tipped into the Democratic column. Theoretically it’s still possible for Trump to squeak through by winning Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and Nevada, where the count remains incomplete. But the word from Washington is deadlock. The two Houses of Congress are split as evenly […]
https://asiatimes.com/2020/11/us-faces- ... paralysis/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:44 am David has been busy as of late and you can judge for yourself if he has the proper angle on how we should proceed during and after the election....'>......

As spengler:

I Voted for Trump—and You Should, Too, Because the Republic Is at Stake
If you’re still on the fence, please consider the following.

First: There is a Deep State that abused the credibility of America’s Intelligence Community to overturn a free and fair presidential election. If you don’t believe me, listen to what left-liberal journalist Glenn Greenwald told Tucker Carlson last week. Greenwald brought out the Edward Snowden revelations about National Security Agency spying on American citizens. He has been a thorn in the side of the U.S. Deep State for years, and he now warns about a dirty alliance between the spooks and the progressive Left. The whole “Russia collusion” scandal was concocted out of thin air in order to bring down a presidency. If a handful of self-appointed officials in cahoots with the liberal elite can destroy a presidency, your democratic rights are toilet paper.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2020/10/31 ... e-n1112201

The Good News Is That Biden Is Screwed, Even if He Wins
Politico.com’s headline this morning reads, “Biden looks screwed even if he wins.” The Republicans kept a Senate majority and reduced the Democratic majority in the House. If Biden squeaks by, he will have no popular mandate, no Senate, and no help from the Supreme Court. He won’t be able to pass tax increases, big changes in health care, or his Green New Deal boondoggles. He will have the same headaches confirming his favorite nominees as Trump did, and worse, as a Republican Senate casts a jaundiced eye at Biden’s supporting cast.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2020/11/04 ... s-n1124975

This would not happen if Biden were still alive
With 94% of the Florida vote counted, Trump has a 3% lead over his opponent, propelled by unexpected strength among Hispanic voters. Texas, with the third-largest share of votes in the electoral college, shows a 4% lead for Trump with 81% of votes counted. Hispanics comprise more than 16% of the US population and Trump is winning a larger share of their vote than in 2016, according to exit polls.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/11/this-woul ... ill-alive/

oops.... this one is behind a paywall.....'>......

US faces a four-year paralysis
Donald Trump’s path to reelection narrowed Wednesday afternoon as Michigan and Wisconsin tipped into the Democratic column. Theoretically it’s still possible for Trump to squeak through by winning Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and Nevada, where the count remains incomplete. But the word from Washington is deadlock. The two Houses of Congress are split as evenly […]
https://asiatimes.com/2020/11/us-faces- ... paralysis/
Spengler errs in the idea that there will be paralysis.

&

Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
NapLajoieonSteroids

NapLajoieonSteroids

But hey, why not just roll over and let the little senators sit on their panels where they are always and forever gonna get to the bottom of things?
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:56 am I don't recall how many years ago, but when the legislators starting discussing the concepts of hate crime and hate speech, I knew the concept of Free Speech was on its last legs. Also that punishment of hate crimes would morph into efforts to rid the world of one's personally preferred versions of Boogeymen.

As Viktor Frankl said "Between stimulus and response, man has the ability to choose!" The very concept of hate speech means the receiver is not considered responsible for his reaction, but the transmitter is to be held responsible for the reaction of the receiver. Seems like such a simple concept, one that is easily explained to a child, but impossible to explain to one who wants to wallow in their chosen version of "butt-hurt!"

Both of the above are not at all surprising in view of the growth of the anti-individual/anti-personal responsibility zeitgeist of the last two or three decades.

Regarding campaigns, with two candidates that has been in the limelight for decades, it is hard for me to believe that most potential voters did not make up their minds about who to vote for many months or even a couple years ago.

But, prior and post election, experts will say, (probably to continue to support the industry) "Candidate D lost state X due to their not spending more time in state X during the last two weeks of the campaign.

I suspect pollsters study arithmetic at the same schools as Climate Scientists.

Oddly enough, COVID seems to have made people around here even nicer and more friendly than before.

I suspect, contrary to the prognostications of all the Doomsayers, the sun will rise tomorrow no matter who wins.

Hello again SM,

I live on an island and therefore spend a lot of time on the water going back and forth to the mainland. Sometimes it's on our regular ferry service; other times it's by water taxi.

Since summer masks have been required while travelling and, where possible, we're instructed to keep two metres (six feet) apart. This makes conversation difficult, especially on the water taxis because their engines are LOUD. I also used to interact with people at the ferry landings a lot. This is now more difficult, again mainly because of the damn masks and the six foot rule. (I'm not an anti-masker; I'm just pointing out some consequences).

It's also the case that since covid we've had a large influx of people here from outside the area. Doc reported something similar. I think the population has doubled over the last six months, that despite the fact that many old-timers have decided it's too much work to live here and moved away or simply passed away. Some of us are still here, like the neighbour who gave me a couple of big bags of apples. It was a good apple year. I even had a small crop of my own. That tree grows out of pure granite. There's no soil here, except what we create or somehow bring over here. But I digress. Can one digress from a ramble?

Now and then you've mentioned your family, not always in flattering terms. I guess I relate because although there are some real achievers in my extended family most (not all) of my closest relatives, especially the younger generations, are, well, lazy. I have a nephew who will soon be forty-one years old who has never worked a day in his life. Don't ask me how he does it. I don't even want to know. I gather this is not all that unusual. Guys like him spend days, months, and years watching videos and playing online computer games.

Well, maybe I shouldn't be too judgmental because I'm thinking how different life was for me. Soon after I left home my partner and myself struck out for the middle of nowhere, built a cabin and lived rough. Later I returned to civilization, got my Masters Degree, and pursued a professional career. However, I never lost my taste for the wild places, took early retirement, and once again decided to do the absolutely crazy thing of starting from scratch, clearing a patch of forest in a place that no one but a nut case could even find (this was before Google Earth) and began building again. You can't teach an old dog new tricks: I'm still building when I should probably be in a rocking chair.

What does this have to do with the U.S. election? Only that it's a whole different world now. Is it even possible to go without an internet connection these days, much less collect water from a creek?

If I allow myself to think about it too much, and especially because I've read so much history, I don't think this can end well. But maybe I'm promoting a lost cause and worrying about something that couldn't do anything worse than kill me, and what the f__, I'm getting on in years anyway. It's the young ones that will have to deal with the consequences.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

We are about to witness the largest expanse of corrupt government in our history. And the Californication of America.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:11 am
Simple Minded wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:56 am I don't recall how many years ago, but when the legislators starting discussing the concepts of hate crime and hate speech, I knew the concept of Free Speech was on its last legs. Also that punishment of hate crimes would morph into efforts to rid the world of one's personally preferred versions of Boogeymen.

As Viktor Frankl said "Between stimulus and response, man has the ability to choose!" The very concept of hate speech means the receiver is not considered responsible for his reaction, but the transmitter is to be held responsible for the reaction of the receiver. Seems like such a simple concept, one that is easily explained to a child, but impossible to explain to one who wants to wallow in their chosen version of "butt-hurt!"

Both of the above are not at all surprising in view of the growth of the anti-individual/anti-personal responsibility zeitgeist of the last two or three decades.

Regarding campaigns, with two candidates that has been in the limelight for decades, it is hard for me to believe that most potential voters did not make up their minds about who to vote for many months or even a couple years ago.

I suspect pollsters study arithmetic at the same schools as Climate Scientists.

Oddly enough, COVID seems to have made people around here even nicer and more friendly than before.

Hello again SM,

I live on an island and therefore spend a lot of time on the water going back and forth to the mainland. Sometimes it's on our regular ferry service; other times it's by water taxi.

Since summer masks have been required while travelling and, where possible, we're instructed to keep two metres (six feet) apart. This makes conversation difficult, especially on the water taxis because their engines are LOUD. I also used to interact with people at the ferry landings a lot. This is now more difficult, again mainly because of the damn masks and the six foot rule. (I'm not an anti-masker; I'm just pointing out some consequences).

It's also the case that since covid we've had a large influx of people here from outside the area. Doc reported something similar. I think the population has doubled over the last six months, that despite the fact that many old-timers have decided it's too much work to live here and moved away or simply passed away. Some of us are still here, like the neighbour who gave me a couple of big bags of apples. It was a good apple year. I even had a small crop of my own. That tree grows out of pure granite. There's no soil here, except what we create or somehow bring over here. But I digress. Can one digress from a ramble?

Now and then you've mentioned your family, not always in flattering terms. I guess I relate because although there are some real achievers in my extended family most (not all) of my closest relatives, especially the younger generations, are, well, lazy. I have a nephew who will soon be forty-one years old who has never worked a day in his life. Don't ask me how he does it. I don't even want to know. I gather this is not all that unusual. Guys like him spend days, months, and years watching videos and playing online computer games.

Well, maybe I shouldn't be too judgmental because I'm thinking how different life was for me. Soon after I left home my partner and myself struck out for the middle of nowhere, built a cabin and lived rough. Later I returned to civilization, got my Masters Degree, and pursued a professional career. However, I never lost my taste for the wild places, took early retirement, and once again decided to do the absolutely crazy thing of starting from scratch, clearing a patch of forest in a place that no one but a nut case could even find (this was before Google Earth) and began building again. You can't teach an old dog new tricks: I'm still building when I should probably be in a rocking chair.

What does this have to do with the U.S. election? Only that it's a whole different world now. Is it even possible to go without an internet connection these days, much less collect water from a creek?

If I allow myself to think about it too much, and especially because I've read so much history, I don't think this can end well. But maybe I'm promoting a lost cause and worrying about something that couldn't do anything worse than kill me, and what the f__, I'm getting on in years anyway. It's the young ones that will have to deal with the consequences.
I agree with you. Best to go somewhere very remote. Getting off line is probably a good idea as well I noticed that Tim Pool Moved from New Jersey to get out of Dodge to a place very isolated that he has not disclosed. At least he doesn't think he has disclosed it.
TImpool.jpg
TImpool.jpg (91.15 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Today I to a warning from a Twitter page that uses google captcha that said "You agree that google can access your computer and collect information"

I guess I really dinged my social credit score. I wonder how long before I will get flagged when I try to get on an airplane or a train.
The people on your island made a big mistake allowing outsiders to take refuge there. There should be a big bill board facing the dock that says "All that pass here prepare to meet thy maker"

But getting away won't make mush difference in the future Once the green new deal gets implicated everyone will be getting water from the creek except for the billionaire durian elite class. But of course they have been buying large ranches out of the middle of red state no where for several years now.

My message to them is something like this:

T1fzhngiHDc
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

NapLajoieonSteroids

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Glenn Greenwald | The U.S. Inability To Count Votes is a National Disgrace. And Dangerous.
Nations far poorer and less technologically advanced have no problem holding quick, efficient elections. Distrust in U.S. outcomes is dangerous but rational.
The coronavirus pandemic and the shutdowns and new votings rules it ushered in have obviously complicated the process, but the U.S. failure to simply count votes with any degree of efficiency, in a way that inspires even minimal confidence in the process, pre-dates the March, 2020 nationwide lockdowns. Even if one dismisses as aberrational the protracted, Court-decided, and still-untrusted outcome of the 2000 presidential election — only four national election cycles ago — the U.S. voting process is rife with major systemic failures and doubt-sowing inefficiencies that can be explained only as a deliberate choice and/or a perfect reflection of a collapsing, crumbling empire.
No matter what the final result, there will be substantial doubts about its [the 2020 election's] legitimacy by one side or the other, perhaps both. And no deranged conspiracy thinking is required for that. An electoral system suffused with this much chaos, error, protracted outcomes and seemingly inexplicable reversals will sow doubt and distrust even among the most rational citizens.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

yep- that hits the nail on the head.

Very embarrassing situation for us in the US; and right now it's looking to get uglier.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It appears to mostly but not totally be a problem in Democrat states.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:36 am
Andrew Sullivan is so too late to the party. The current woke madness was triggered by "Gay rights".
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The greatest parody is the declining West Coast voted in near record totals for the people destroying their states. Large parts of those states resemble 3rd world countries and they can't get enough
NapLajoieonSteroids

California is weirdo territory.

It's what everyone wants; except I've never spoken to a Californian who doesn't whine about the things they vote for.

Then they go elsewhere and re-enact the whole thing. It's amazing.

Can't wait for the tent cities and rolling brownouts.

In a few years, we'll all be like Oregon too, walking down the street inhaling second-hand meth and being prescriped magic mushrooms for the flimsiest of reasons.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 am It appears to mostly but not totally be a problem in Democrat states.
Matbe there should be a social credit election scoring system for democrat states. That way billionaires that like to think they know what is best for the lives of others Something like this

cadNySpwyCI
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Stunning that Joe Biden is the most popular Democratic nominee ever in urban centers-- but only in blue states.

He drives the voters so wild, he outperforms both Hillary [the first woman president...it was her turn] AND Barack Obama.

Sundown Joe, the old segregationist plagiarizer whose never had any enthusiasm behind him before and is now in cognitive decline. The Biden team sent Kamala Harris into Detroit at the last minute to whip up enthusism and it worked that well? Kamala Harris, who has half the charm of a Spiro Agnew or Lyndon Johnson?

Well, it's a vote against Trump!

Sure, random interlocuter, people hate Trump that much...but only in these specific areas. Magically, all this enthusiasm disappears in Cleveland and Saint Louis-- you know, those hot beds of Republican votes .

The vote must have been suppressed there!

I don't have a good memory of the numbers but turnout was high there already...it just didn't approach Saddam Hussein/Hugo Chavez territory.

What about rural areas for Trump?

Possibly, wouldn't rule anything out but Trump's ground game [which was pretty impressive] spent a lot of time targeting these areas. Once one figures how to get the vote out, the numbers will be there.

Organizing that sort of thing in a city is herding cats. The social dynamic is a different thing.

So maybe the Democrats cracked it, they are already very good at it. But then why didn't they deploy it in Cleveland?

The Biden campaign spent a lot of time and money trying to target Cleveland.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:41 am California is weirdo territory.

It's what everyone wants; except I've never spoken to a Californian who doesn't whine about the things they vote for.

Then they go elsewhere and re-enact the whole thing. It's amazing.

Can't wait for the tent cities and rolling brownouts.
I remember years ago when California was having one of its self inflicted electric power shortages. One of the nightly views programs (ABC NBC CBS) was interviewing people in California about the shortage. There was one guy I will never forget with Christmas lights all over his house saying that there was no way he was going to cut back on his lights. "The Common good for thee but not for me"

As for California once you see how they make 8mm sausage there you never want to watch it again

gLhQ8bMx7Bs
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:00 am Stunning that Joe Biden is the most popular Democratic nominee ever in urban centers-- but only in blue states.

He drives the voters so wild, he outperforms both Hillary [the first woman president...it was her turn] AND Barack Obama.

Sundown Joe, the old segregationist plagiarizer whose never had any enthusiasm behind him before and is now in cognitive decline. The Biden team sent Kamala Harris into Detroit at the last minute to whip up enthusism and it worked that well? Kamala Harris, who has half the charm of a Spiro Agnew or Lydon Johnson?

Well, it's a vote against Trump!

Sure, random interlocuter, people hate Trump that much...but only in these specific areas. Magically, all this enthusiasm disappears in Cleveland and Saint Louis-- you know, those hot beds of Republican votes .

The vote must have been suppressed there!

I don't have a good memory of the numbers but turnout was high there already...it just didn't approach Saddam Hussein/Hugo Chavez territory.
As I recall Saddam was the most democratic leader in History. He regularly got over 99% of the vote. NBC is now showing AZ as undecided. While Foxnews by Paul Ryan keeps explaining how there are no uncounted Trump vote ballots left in the state
Last edited by Doc on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.