Scandals, Canadian style

A Mari usque ad Mare
Typhoon

Scandals, Canadian style

Post by Typhoon »

Reuters | Canada PM's chief secretary resigns amid SNC-Lavalin controversy

Apparently some Canadians consider Butts to have been the power and brains "behind the throne".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Re: Scandals, Canadian style

Post by noddy »

I found it difficult to choose between "We wont see any more butts" and "butts was the power behind the throne" so decided to hedge my bets with both.
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

At least mom and pops didn't name him 'Seymour'.......'>.........

Oh...... run, run kids.....8"0....'>......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote:I found it difficult to choose between "We wont see any more butts" and "butts was the power behind the throne" so decided to hedge my bets with both.
"Hedge your butts!"
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

AP News: Canada Ex-Attorney: Government Tried to Interfere in Case.

It's officially on the record now.

I hope Trudeau gets his eyebrows sorted; he's gonna need them.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Oh, let's not mince words or anything......'>.......

Ah1WGYv3yhs
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

excellent. thanks for posting. good to know Canada has their own Obama, even if he's 100% white!
"

If you are a professor, or a student, or an activist, it is entirely possible to live every moment of your publicly observable life in a way that is consistent with social-justice ideology—because these individuals’ only publicly observable actions are composed of largely symbolic social-media declarations. But that isn’t true of politicians, who, as Justin Trudeau has learned, must occasionally make real-life decisions....

One of Trudeau’s great political gifts is that he is extremely photogenic.....

To reiterate: All political parties succumb to realpolitik sooner or later. What makes Trudeau different isn’t that he is less ethical than most of his prime ministerial predecessors. It’s that he ran the first government in Canadian history that not only lectured Canadians about matters of policy, but also consistently instructed them how to live and think—how they should practice feminism, raise children, use pronouns, and seek to absolve their collective sins against Indigenous peoples.....

Whatever the fate of Trudeau in the wake of this scandal, progressive politicians everywhere should take heed of the larger lesson. Social-justice purists have a habit of turning on their own, because no one is capable of living up to the program of doctrinal purity that the movement prescribes....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Oh, let's not mince words or anything......'>.......

Ah1WGYv3yhs
So Canada also has their own Kennedy's and Bushes.....
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Justin Trudeau in blackface!! :oops:

Is JT is screwing up his apology?

I'm not sure if I should be pissed :evil: cause he is appropriating my culture (bigoted, racist, white American redneck). or
if I should congratulate him for property practicing intersectionality as either a white-black man or a Canadian-American. ;)

Another argument for the Canadian-American border wall. Contain the contagion!
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

o2M4dzQjT94
NapLajoieonSteroids

BREAKING: Trudeau says photos of him not wearing blackface may soon emerge.

============================

What is with these politicians and blackface?
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Justin Trudeau has earned the right to do blackface - Jarvis Dupont, The Spectator USA, 19 September 2019
https://spectator.us/justin-trudeau-right-blackface/

... One significant fact that people are conveniently omitting when they express their outrage at Mr Trudeau’s ‘racism’, is the fact that he was a very young man when that high school photograph was taken, it was a different time, so how could he possibly have been aware of the implications of it?

This also rings true for the Aladdin yearbook photograph. He was only 29. A mere babe! Who, before the age of 30, is mature enough to understand that painting their body in brown makeup and wearing a turban might be perceived to be racist? OK, I’m 22 and I know it’s problematic, but then I am unusually attuned to the sensitivities of PoCs. As a super woke white ally, I have a natural gift for deciphering their exotic ways and am able to empathize with their curious little foibles without being patronizing. Not everyone has this innate talent to really understand their cultures without belittling or talking down to them. Think of me as the Jane Goodall, if you will, of social justice.

The fact remains that Justin Trudeau has done a huge amount of good for Canada as a result of his progressive attitude towards woke culture. He is a beacon of all that is politically correct and as a bonus, he is also tremendously good-looking. He is the Derek Zoolander of Canada. I firmly believe he has earned the right to dress in blackface, use the ‘N’ word, dreadlock his hair, and wear a Native American headdress if he wants to, and the fact that to date he has only done two of those things is an example of just how amazingly woke he is.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

:lol: Excellent post Apollonius. Thank you!

Finally, someone gets it and mansplains it to the world. If one is an deeply offended POC, then the last thing one should do is to bite the hand of the white masters who feed you and fertilize the Garden of Hating in which you earn your living.

My first thought on this was "No JT, don't profess that your obvious privilege allowed you to live in ignorance, and that now you know better, and you're even more woke now than you were before you got caught!"

I woulda said:
"I was not a rich white person of privilege wearing a POC costume. I was a woke Canadian wearing a typical American deplorable costume!"
"PM JT, but the deplorable phrase wasn't coined until 2016 when Hilary said it."
"True, but that was when woke white America became aware of it. I'm Canadian. We've always been decades ahead of the best and brightest Americans in terms of being woke."

Monumental applause from boot licking MSM. Issue over.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

I need some schooling on why painting oneself to look dark is inherently racist. It looks dumb, but where's the malevolence?
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:25 pm I need some schooling on why painting oneself to look dark is inherently racist. It looks dumb, but where's the malevolence?
Jim Crow was a minstrel show character (IE White man in black face) that the "Jim Crow" laws were named after.

https://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/origins.htm
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Justin Trudeau is extremely effeminate. That's the problem. He would have to be up there as one of the most effeminate men to ever elected to such a high office in the Anglosphere.

Framing this in terms to argue over race and hypocrisy misses the point. He's so soft, that he has an inability to hold any convictions about anything, I wouldn't trust him to be able to answer what his favorite meal is. It's just frivolity and poses 24/7.

Going to an office costume party is not the same thing as being on stage. There is something perverse about a grown man being so into a character that he paints himself all sorts of shades to impress, who? Mrs. Lee in the English department? One can think of a number of motivations for an actor or actress to do it on stage, however ugly one thinks of the intent; I cannot think of one for Mr. Trudeau's situation other than he's always on stage, in his mind, and everyone has always indulged the little prince. I think the photos capture that perfectly.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Ive discovered a new word in the media - this wasnt blackface, its brownface, and thats different.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

crashtech66 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:25 pm I need some schooling on why painting oneself to look dark is inherently racist. It looks dumb, but where's the malevolence?
It is neither malevolent nor racist. As I have often said "Offense is in the receiver, not the transmitter."

Outrage, feigned or real is about distraction for pols, and filling bandwidth for MSM personalities. Colonel Sun noted that here:
https://reason.com/2019/09/20/dont-worr ... -spending/

I would not be surprised to eventually learn that Justin Trudeau was the one who leaked the photos of him in black/brownface. Tis always better to appear to be an juvenile dork than to be perceived as a corrupt politician.

We've all been juvenile dorks. Good activity for bonding with the commoners.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:02 am Ive discovered a new word in the media - this wasnt blackface, its brownface, and thats different.
Welcome aboard.

Sophisticated, elite, woke. Canadian racists wear brown face. Common, everyday, deplorable, American racists wear blackface.

One can't be too discerning in this age of ever increasing wokeness.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Apollonius wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pm Image
Indeed.

+1
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Buff Chron | Trudeau is rumored to be in talks with an accuser to suppress an explosive [underage] sex scandal
Ottawa’s longest-tenured political observers had been expecting a career-ending expose in Saturday’s edition of The Globe and Mail — but that story never came. Sources are now telling The Chronicle that Trudeau is in private talks with the principal source of that piece to suppress explosive sex allegations that, if made public, would likely force Trudeau to resign his office.

Trudeau’s accuser is said to be a former student at West Point Grey Academy and the daughter of a wealthy Canadian businessman. Sources tell The Chronicle that she is being represented by counsel and is being offered monetary compensation in exchange for a pending, but not yet signed, non-disclosure agreement.
If, and only if, this rumour is accurate, then it would be damn shame if he gets away with it.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Trudeau: "I am not one of those people"

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros