How to get from Universal Ethics to The Promised Land?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Simple Minded

Re: How to get from Universal Ethics to The Promised Land?

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:54 pm Continuation conversation Stefan M with MN

SM: (After recovering from his mother's massive boob hug): I don't know Mom. Dad seems going nuts into the abstract. Not sure I want to hear more of him.

MN: It's OK, don't worry. Be sure that his abstractions won't make my boobs any bigger or smaller, nor do they change my own feelings and thoughts. Not much is really lost when he keeps quiet.

SM: But what are your thoughts on Universal Ethics. I'd like to know!

MN: Are you sure? I am anyone's ethics.

SM: Meaning?

MN: When a female lion goes out for a kill her "ethics" is simple: feeding herself and her cubs = good. Going hungry and dying is no fun you know. The female buffalo who fights off that lioness to protect herself and her calve applies the same ethics. Staying healthy, alive and well fed. So you have a lion's ethics and a buffalo's ethics. Add millions more ethics of millions more species to your universal basket. They do it all in their own right and not without a necessary cost to others.

You think human beings somehow don't belong in that same basket? Would your universal ethics apply to the universe of human experience only? To the entire physical universe? There always is more.. you know. I am the Managing Mother of All.

SM: Universal ethics for humans only I suppose. Maybe extended to mammals...
"Human Rights... listen to yourselves. the very term itself is racist!" - Hot Klingon Chick
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 am
And not only that but there seems to be a problem where when we tackle things head on, we tend to make them worse over the long run.
Simple Minded wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm So, in summary, "we" have already gotten from Universal Ethics to the Promised Land. Only problem is "they" haven't.

"Against stupidity, even the gods struggle in vain."
without wanting to be too wishy washy and centrist (triangle horror)

its kinda obvious that our own tastes for the range of humans we like are not sufficient for a full complex society.

Plenty of roles in society are properly filled by people I personally wouldnt like to spend time with.

the megalomaniacs with a head full of fixing the world, dont have much scope for seeing some of those, then we get Mao type outcomes with all the organisers and merchants killed, and everyone starves due to throwing out babies with bathwater.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:44 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 am
And not only that but there seems to be a problem where when we tackle things head on, we tend to make them worse over the long run.
Simple Minded wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm So, in summary, "we" have already gotten from Universal Ethics to the Promised Land. Only problem is "they" haven't.

"Against stupidity, even the gods struggle in vain."
without wanting to be too wishy washy and centrist (triangle horror)

its kinda obvious that our own tastes for the range of humans we like are not sufficient for a full complex society.

Plenty of roles in society are properly filled by people I personally wouldnt like to spend time with.

the megalomaniacs with a head full of fixing the world, dont have much scope for seeing some of those, then we get Mao type outcomes with all the organisers and merchants killed, and everyone starves due to throwing out babies with bathwater.
Something one of the eccentric neo-reactionary guys once wrote has really stuck to me. It was in the context of a larger post on his rejection of the white-supremacy types. It went something like, "For a moment, let's take their ideas of breeding a better white master race seriously. Then it is on its advocates to explain why these ideas failed despite flourishing, and being implemented to varying degrees, in the US, in Germany, in Scandinavia at the turn of the 20th century. Why is it that the places where scientific racism was most popular and even implemented produced the poorest results for master race-hood? We know how it ends, the countries where master race policies were implemented are now the most pozzed places on earth, this is the end product. And then the only argument becomes it wasn't tried hard enough, and we are shuffled into communist territory where we aren't supposed to count any of the examples as real because of a laundry list of excuses for why they could never achieve the perfect end-of-history communism. At some point it should become obvious that we are operating with garbage in-garbage out dynamics with this sort of thinking."

===

Now I wouldn't put it exactly like that- for example, I don't really care for the poz slang- but the broad idea, where we account for everything and all at once, is when we start getting worse results than more indirect approaches where we don't have to account for to what end.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The original post is flawed because it assumes that only one universe exists and that the promised land can't be subdivided.

Pretty sure the internet blew the hell out of that myth.

"to those who think like this, hatred will never cease!" Gautama Buddha
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:51 pm The original post is flawed because it assumes that only one universe exists and that the promised land can't be subdivided.

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

The inevitable result of anagogic awareness???.......

jmBQRb5iuMg
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:37 am
Simple Minded wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:51 pm The original post is flawed because it assumes that only one universe exists and that the promised land can't be subdivided.

Love me some Eric Hoffer.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:04 am The inevitable result of anagogic awareness???.......

jmBQRb5iuMg
MFF,

I'm assuming the first step to becoming anagogically aware, is to look up the meaning of the word anagogic? Or did you mean to type analogic, or allegoric?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:41 pm
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:04 am The inevitable result of anagogic awareness???.......

jmBQRb5iuMg
MFF,

I'm assuming the first step to becoming anagogically aware, is to look up the meaning of the word anagogic? Or did you mean to type analogic, or allegoric?
Use in a sentence: Simple Minded was anagogically demagoguing with his comment.: :P
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I mean anagogic, or the ascension out of the Cave of Illusion into the World of Light and higher consciousness....'>.......

Or maybe that smile reminded me of a raccoon eating fish guts out of a wire brush and that made me happy for some reason.....;P........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:39 pm I mean anagogic, or the ascension out of the Cave of Illusion into the World of Light and higher consciousness....'>.......

Or maybe that smile reminded me of a raccoon eating fish guts out of a wire brush and that made me happy for some reason.....;P........
Prisoner of the mind, or mind of a prisoner?

Sean Stephenson RIP
KdLuBdA0RHQ

We look to others for affirmation that we are not who we fear we are. If we didn't we would be psychopaths.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

jmBQRb5iuMg
Watched about half, hope that was enough :P. Sure enough, and me speaketh from personal early childhood experience... consciousness, self-awareness, existence and all that jazz certainly raises some daunting questions. Usually it crashes your brain at one point (imagined or real ;) ) and leaves it in a state of wild and confused wonder that can be quite uncomfortable. He seems to have found solace in a self-referential word salad about infinity, conscious and imagination. Maybe it makes the solipsistic experience somewhat tolerable for him. Like "Ok it might be prison, but at least it is infinite and imaginary." More sounds like Hell to me :| Suicide could be a good way to test the theory of even death being imaginary.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 pm
Watched about half, hope that was enough :P. Sure enough, and me speaketh from personal early childhood experience... consciousness, self-awareness, existence and all that jazz certainly raises some daunting questions. Usually it crashes your brain at one point (imagined or real ;) ) and leaves it in a state of wild and confused wonder that can be quite uncomfortable. He seems to have found solace in a self-referential word salad about infinity, conscious and imagination. Maybe it makes the solipsistic experience somewhat tolerable for him. Like "Ok it might be prison, but at least it is infinite and imaginary." More sounds like Hell to me :| Suicide could be a good way to test the theory of even death being imaginary.
well said.

Perhaps, rather than "to be (anagoagically aware) or not to be. (anagogically aware)" the question (really) is:
"is your word salad (Fred's Operating System) even compatible with my word salad (Joe's Operating System) when discussing subjective reality and personally chosen foci and interpretation?"

Strangely enough, humans continue to search for common ground in Imagination Land. Luckily, modern tech is more like a kaleidoscope than a telescope or a microscope.

The internal bug in our BIOS? Resolving the concepts of me, we, you, I, fair, just, en masse........

My wife is hotter than your wife, and my Gramma's oatmeal cookies are better than your Gramma's oatmeal cookies. I think we can all agree on both of those points.

When we can't get there, there are always recreational drugs.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:43 pm
Parodite wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 pm
well said.

Perhaps, rather than "to be (anagoagically aware) or not to be. (anagogically aware)" the question (really) is:
"is your word salad (Fred's Operating System) even compatible with my word salad (Joe's Operating System) when discussing subjective reality and personally chosen foci and interpretation?"

Strangely enough, humans continue to search for common ground in Imagination Land. Luckily, modern tech is more like a kaleidoscope than a telescope or a microscope.

The internal bug in our BIOS? Resolving the concepts of me, we, you, I, fair, just, en masse........

My wife is hotter than your wife, and my Gramma's oatmeal cookies are better than your Gramma's oatmeal cookies. I think we can all agree on both of those points.

When we can't get there, there are always recreational drugs.
No matter talking/listening to who or whatever the subject, there never is "full agreement" on anything ever. Exact sameness does not exist. Similarities and differences yes, but the mix keeps changing. On top of that, I myself are only similar to the guy of yesterday and rather different from the one 20 years ago.

The reason similarities have appeal might just be biology. "Birds of a feather flock together". How else could we be species that procreate, share the same interests, function as families, tribes, societies, occupy the same/similar niches in the ecosystem. Or finding safety in a big herd.. mob. I don't think it is a bug of sorts, just a biological given. Differences also have meaningful appeal as in relationships. Or as in recognizing a very different organism good for dinner. Then there are different differences to run away from like floods etc. Not looking for common ground however goes against a basic survival instinct of a social species like the human ape that we are.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

PG dialed in to Leo from Actualized.org

Leo, picking up his MPhone11 (latest version MetaphysicsPhone running on OS Pure Infinite Light):

L: Hi Dad! whats up?!

PG: Son hang on, your mother wants to see you immediately. She is not happy.

L: Sure Dad, no problem! I imagined she was about to call me anyway. I learned to not resist anything or anybody, finally! Not even you and mom after you sold me to some devilish snake oil sales people in the world of Academics. Being pure light really feels good. I started to understand the secrets of Love and how the two of you bonded so delightfully! I'm so happy and thankful that I was given this life. I keep growing and helping others find the same and do the Consciousness Works! Did you know tha...

PG: Stop right there, and go! Please...

Still in a good mood and not really knowing what to expect, Leo pulls up his backpack that is always filled and ready to hit the road.

Because his Mother is always around, present everywhere anyways, he decided to see that special desolate place where during the hot dry seasons the little lake changes into a mud pool desperately holding on to the last water, but with the inevitable already quite apparent in the emerging dry salty cracks. An ideal condition for certain insects, reptiles and fatty plants; to them a land of milk any honey, for Leo a reminder of pending death and of hope.

He didn't understand what made him decide going there, but like every thought and decision not being his "own" anyways, he had no desire to resist or control. Observing the scenery, his own thoughts coming going, his awareness gently moving around free like a bird in the sky. The Universe was watching, exploring itself through his eyes. In the past that realization could give his ego a huge boost, making him feel almost as big and important as the universe itself. But somehow that self-aggrandizing thought became lost over time. It probably just wore out.

Especially at this desolate mud pool he could just watch, be without much thought. All his senses very awake functioning at peak levels, everything happening seemingly without effort. No words that try to describe what it is that is happening. This was what it was all about. He knew. The Light!

After considerable time being absorbed by the flowing present, he remembered again what he was there for. Meeting his Mom. But she didn't show up. He waited a bit more. Becoming impatient he called her, his voice echoing through the "little valley of death" as he decided to call it. But no reply. "OK Mom, you are angry I heard from Dad. So what's the point of not showing up? I really want to listen to what you have to say!" Nothing but silence followed.

A sadness started to take hold of Leo again. That sense of betrayal, of being carried by the wings of love and the next moment finding yourself dumped in the valley of death. Alone, miserable and without hope. Looking around, his mud pool started to loose its charm quickly and he detected even a sense of hatred for it. Darkness was setting in, he decided it was more than time to go home.

He called Dad, maybe he had an explanation for MN not showing up.

L: Hi Dad, I went to see Mom but she didn't show up! I feel very sad and disappointed. Betrayed even!

PG: Son, she was there. She just came home and told me about it and that all went very well! She said everything thing she wanted to say to you and even more.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am
No matter talking/listening to who or whatever the subject, there never is "full agreement" on anything ever. Exact sameness does not exist. Similarities and differences yes, but the mix keeps changing. On top of that, I myself are only similar to the guy of yesterday and rather different from the one 20 years ago.

The reason similarities have appeal might just be biology. "Birds of a feather flock together". How else could we be species that procreate, share the same interests, function as families, tribes, societies, occupy the same/similar niches in the ecosystem. Or finding safety in a big herd.. mob. I don't think it is a bug of sorts, just a biological given. Differences also have meaningful appeal as in relationships. Or as in recognizing a very different organism good for dinner. Then there are different differences to run away from like floods etc. Not looking for common ground however goes against a basic survival instinct of a social species like the human ape that we are.
Yep.... in addition to riding the teeter totter of "me" and "we." There is the continual morphing of both definitions. Not only is the "me" of "you" different from the past, some is the "we" of "us."

Exhibit one: Jeffery Epstein!

Few things were more amusing the seeing the hardcore socialist UAW union employee (who loved to lecture people on the evils of capitalism) turn into a blood thirsty capitalist when he was spending his own money.
Parodite

Impeach the Climate Now!

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Parodite wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am

Yep.... in addition to riding the teeter totter of "me" and "we." There is the continual morphing of both definitions. Not only is the "me" of "you" different from the past, some is the "we" of "us."

Exhibit one: Jeffery Epstein!

Few things were more amusing the seeing the hardcore socialist UAW union employee (who loved to lecture people on the evils of capitalism) turn into a blood thirsty capitalist when he was spending his own money.
Indeed.. change never changes. It's almost a constant.

In the mean time I thought it would be wise to impeach the Climate. It also keeps changing, that bastard! But...

Another necessary step reaching the promised land could be to remove impeachment from constitutional law and replace it with something that doesn't set the doors so widely open to partisan abuse. I think we are actually witnessing the death of this constitutional procedure as we speak. It expired in 2019.

However, it might be necessary to keep impeachment available... not to get rid of a POTUS, but to have other type Serious Suspects being investigated and publicly discussed.

Yes, Climate Change ought to be impeached! There should be investigations, public hearings where representatives who know the subject well enough should be allowed to call various witnesses, i.e. climate scientists of different opinion that are cross-examined by politicians, and preferably... by each other. The Senate can then do more public hearings if needed and vote on a responsible climate+Energy policy where the voter feels more comfortable with the decision as they are better informed.

Since Climate Change is very complex, its output depending on many interacting variables and parameters that also change over time, it might be hard to impeach one single devil cog in the climate change machine. Could turn out to be more like a Natural Gang of Ten that drives climate change that is also rather immune to human activity. Then we just have to live with climate change (lo and behold.. who would have thought that!), accept that it is unpredictable long term and anticipate the changes in climate as they occur as best as we can. And spend our money on proven threats to the environment-ecology instead of throwing billions at the Devil's Oxygen C02 (that plants actually need for breakfast and dinner 24/7)
Simple Minded

Re: Impeach the Climate Now!

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Indeed.. change never changes. It's almost a constant.

In the mean time I thought it would be wise to impeach the Climate. It also keeps changing, that bastard! But...

Another necessary step reaching the promised land could be to remove impeachment from constitutional law and replace it with something that doesn't set the doors so widely open to partisan abuse. I think we are actually witnessing the death of this constitutional procedure as we speak. It expired in 2019.

However, it might be necessary to keep impeachment available... not to get rid of a POTUS, but to have other type Serious Suspects being investigated and publicly discussed.

Yes, Climate Change ought to be impeached! There should be investigations, public hearings where representatives who know the subject well enough should be allowed to call various witnesses, i.e. climate scientists of different opinion that are cross-examined by politicians, and preferably... by each other. The Senate can then do more public hearings if needed and vote on a responsible climate+Energy policy where the voter feels more comfortable with the decision as they are better informed.

Since Climate Change is very complex, its output depending on many interacting variables and parameters that also change over time, it might be hard to impeach one single devil cog in the climate change machine. Could turn out to be more like a Natural Gang of Ten that drives climate change that is also rather immune to human activity. Then we just have to live with climate change (lo and behold.. who would have thought that!), accept that it is unpredictable long term and anticipate the changes in climate as they occur as best as we can. And spend our money on proven threats to the environment-ecology instead of throwing billions at the Devil's Oxygen C02 (that plants actually need for breakfast and dinner 24/7)
You sir, are brilliant. Why aren't you running a country or a continent? Do people in Europe know how smart you are?

If there is one thing that "we" can never agree on, it's weather!

Impeaching climate should be an easy task, and it fits the bill of:
A. not actually doing anything,
B. while appearing to be very concerned about the common good, and
C. appearing to be working like hell to solve problems for the unappreciative unwashed masses.
noddy

Post by noddy »

the thing I love most about climate change is that all the western countries had naturally, and without compulsion or external influence, reduced their breeding to about replacement levels, which according to the woke green narrative, is the solution to endless growth and destruction of the planet.

the woke greenies also believe in high immigration and government compulsion to stop the endless growth.

its not just retarded, its punch yourself in the face stupid.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:16 am the thing I love most about climate change is that all the western countries had naturally, and without compulsion or external influence, reduced their breeding to about replacement levels, which according to the woke green narrative, is the solution to endless growth and destruction of the planet.

the woke greenies also believe in high immigration and government compulsion to stop the endless growth.

Zack Morris was a perfect example. An anti-religious fanatic who couldn't see his own fanatical religious belief in greenness and the always impeding doom of climate change.

As several pundits over here have noted, if the anti-fossil fuel greenies really believed their own "climate change is an existential threat" BS, why aren't all of them advocating going to war with China and India to save the planet?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Continued conversation Leo and PG.

L: But it confuses me. Sometimes MN talks to me in words, sometimes without words. She feels unreliable. Today it felt like she gave me the cold shoulder. It turned my precious mud pool into a hellish reminder of death, making me doubt everything.. once again!

PG: Yea I know. She can be capricious. The cold shoulder is her secret weapon also in our marriage. Don't forget that since the Eden disaster also I got expelled! Now I have to live in a "study" and talk to people via MPhones... what a sad situation. Then she started accusing me of Autism, or that The Great Divide, the End of Super Symmetry, is all my fault. Fact is she loves and needs me more when I am absent. Making love to a stranger is her secret fantasy I suspect. I once tried to escape, but then she grabbed me with a vengeance demanding sex right there on the door mat!

MGTOW... forget it son. But I think she just tried to slow you down a bit.. you know. You started believing every word that comes out of your own mouth. This doesn't tend to end very well. Words can be very hypnotic.

L: But you said she was very happy, saying to me all she wanted to say. I didn't hear her.

PG: You heard her though. She talks to your senses. Eyes, ears... all of them. She is sensual. A breeze that gently touches your face. That tooth ache? She just screams at you when things go wrong. When she talks fear she tells you to run or fight, or dodge and play dead. You talk back to her and she hears you. That conversation is consciousness and it lives in your senses. Self-awareness is you telling yourself you are conscious, but that is just the subtitles framing the experience with words into a story. Which is by the way, and it may not surprise you, what has become my private venue. I saw it as a vacancy! A great opportunity that presented itself after my exile from Eden.

I am The Word! Why you think people know me from holy books and stories? Sometimes your mother tells me to f*** off and go back to my "frontal lobes room", which is how she cynically calls my study. But as you know I now live in many people's frontal lobes almost permanently. As well as in print, which is my insurance policy. In a way, I am back again! In a million different instances but that's OK with me.

L: Dad, sorry to hear all that. Such loneliness! You think you and Mom will get together again one day?

PG: No doubt about it son. We always do during the breeding season when we create another new baby Universe. Pure light is way more explosive than you think. But it has no memory and leaves no traces. What you call life is just aftermath. Why you think mathematics is the hottest language and closest to truth? A cigarette after the best sex.

A last advice son: don't fall for this "mindfulness" crap. It just means you don't get laid enough. At one point you start to write holy books, wouldn't that be sad. You'd become like me and you don't want that. Really, not.
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:16 am the thing I love most about climate change is that all the western countries had naturally, and without compulsion or external influence, reduced their breeding to about replacement levels, which according to the woke green narrative, is the solution to endless growth and destruction of the planet.

Wouldn't an external influence be a)more urbanization & b)a lack of mass conscription wars?

Pro-natalist policies running from 1870-1940 are very much tied up to dreams of tank&trench battles. We are just translating out of that period.

Something which has stuck with me, though I cannot recall when he wrote it, was Typhoon pointing out that Japan's fertility decline matches up with going back to pre-war standards. I always wondered if the same pattern tracks globally.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:14 pm As several pundits over here have noted, if the anti-fossil fuel greenies really believed their own "climate change is an existential threat" BS, why aren't all of them advocating going to war with China and India to save the planet?
Because they agree with Slavoj Zizek that to blame the climate catastrophe on India and China is reactionary and a sign of environmental injustice. Both countries deserve the chance to develop to sustainable levels and that we exploit their environment in the making of our doodads.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Leo decided to get back to his mom, unsatisfied with her non-verbal communications that left him alone and miserable at the mud pool.

L: Mom, why didn't you talk to me at the mud pool. Dad said you did talk to me there, just not with words. I know you talk via all sensory organs and experiential neural systems, but I hoped for some verbal assistance - if I may call it that. Language is very important to me, as it is to Dad btw. You tend to ignore that need.

MN: But I attend to things that actually do need attention. Right now you don't need more words. You are drowning already in your own pool of conceptual word salads, throwing mud into other people's faces with these clever YouTube videos where most is "not even wrong", I'm sorry.

Your senses just needed some fresh air and action. They are like a pack of dogs and you let them run free. Me starting to talk to you verbally would only have bored you. Or you would play dead again when I start to explain things you are not ready to accept anyways. It would kill all your "imagined imaginations" and other nonsense about reality that you believe you "discovered". When you talk about free will and the self, calling them "illusions", "imaginations"... you are competing with Sam Harris who is equally intelligent as he is stupid when he rants about things he does not understand. You are not helping anybody creating all kinds of word-traps. But what's new. Every God needs a Devil. I'm just so tired of adolescent boys masturbating their frontal lobes 24/7, the sound of their orgasms is really disgusting!

L: But Mom, it is only during orgasm that I can really forget about myself... albeit for a short moment! That is important! You want to take that away from me too? I love stroking my frontal lobes until they come. I stroke no matter how long it takes for the best ideas to come out! I suspect that you as a woman don't understand the joy of spraying semen into the environment. Not just the joy, also the need!

MN: You probably have bad quality semen Leo. It is the moment guys usually start to go nuts over their non-functional nuts and say nutty things 20 book shelves long. No woman finds that attractive.
Parodite

Mudslides and The assault on reality

Post by Parodite »

An special type of obstacle on the way to the Promised Land is the assault on reality. Like an avalanche or mudslide. It results in disbelief and doubt. People get stuck or worse.

The latest mud slinging assaults on reality:

We live in a simulation
Unfortunately nobody will be able to tell.
As with life after death, no witnesses are available to testify about the supposedly existing non-simulation that generates the simulation we are in.

The world as we know it is imaginary
What is non-imaginary as opposed to imaginary, remains completely unknown.
Imaginary and simulation of course send an identical message.

Free will is an illusion
Just like the world as we know it, free will is imaginary.

Tip: just surrender the illusion of your free will to an Overlord who will fix what you can't fix yourself. But don't you ever believe surrendering was a free willed act! It is an act of mercy from above to remove the illusion of free will, abort your imaginary self and nullify that counterproductive ego. They were never yours - there even wasn't a you to begin with. So nothing is gained or lost, count your blessings.

Fake news is plenty
Which nicely adds to the daily mix of unreliable information.
False prophets always come with the territory, what's new.

CO2, the Fiery Demon of Hell
It produces a lot of imaginary heat indeed. It might actually be the most efficient energy source of the imagined future!

All this means, it seems to me, a new type of religious sauce is now on the market:
I am That I am, You are Definitely Not

God is alone again, naturally. Nietzsche had it all wrong. God doesn't die, we do and sometimes can't wait. But an imaginary mudslide can do miracles. Who knows.