Hydra | The Deep State. Thread 2

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Hydra | The Deep State. Thread 2

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

iCop is not surprising. USPS has always been on top of tracking all physical addresses in the U.S. They also have emergency management contracts to deliver iodine, pharmaceuticals etc. in a disaster.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

yeh, ever since the domesday book the government has recorded as much as technology permitted.

now we live in an age that their are no real limits to that and all the babble about freedom was purely posthoc fallacy.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Yes but the Domesday Book has all sorts of allure to it.

iCOP sounds like another floundering Tim Cook & Pals scheme to do something with Apple without the late Steve Jobs.
noddy

Post by noddy »

should have called it "ePerve: the mail gaze"
ultracrepidarian
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Don’t worry, the Central Intersectional Agency is watching you - They/Them, The Spectator, 6 May 2021
https://spectator.us/topic/cia-wokeyleaks-langley/

Since its inception only a few months ago Wokeyleaks has had whistle-blowers coming forward from multi-billion-dollar arms companies, British spy agencies and multi-trillion-dollar financial institutions. What is apparent in all of these stories is the degree to which wokeness has infiltrated some of the wealthiest and most powerful institutions on the planet. But now, the CIA has gone and jumped the Great Apologetically White-Shark with an advert so try-hard in its wokery that it’s hard to work out whether or not it’s some kind of false-flag operation.

The script reads as if a CIA computer randomly amalgamated all the top-trending woke buzzwords they gathered by pointing their mass surveillance system at a yoga center in Echo Park for an afternoon. The star of the advert is an ‘an intersectional millennial woman of color’ (and CIA agent) who has been ‘diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder’, not that anyone asked. She tells us that her ‘existence is not a box checking exercise’ before going on to list them all while standing in front of a poster for ‘Native American Heritage Month’. We slow-pan over a picture of her being presented with an ‘Equal Opportunity and Diversity’ award by former CIA director John Brennan.

But old white men like John are the past. The future is boss-girl agents that refuse to ‘internalize misguided patriarchal ideas of what a woman can or should be’. Who’s to say that a Latinx woman can’t endorse torture and drone innocent civilians just as competently as John did? It’s certainly reassuring to know that from now on it will be an intersectional millennial spying on our emails and not some opinionated middle-aged ‘Karen’. For too long women of color have had to be twice as smart and at least three times as evil just to break through the glass ceiling at Langley. But this agent is living proof that no matter your race, gender or pseudo-psychological diagnosis, you too can overcome ‘Imposter Syndrome’ and maybe one day even become director of the CIA.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:42 am Don’t worry, the Central Intersectional Agency is watching you - They/Them, The Spectator, 6 May 2021
https://spectator.us/topic/cia-wokeyleaks-langley/

Since its inception only a few months ago Wokeyleaks has had whistle-blowers coming forward from multi-billion-dollar arms companies, British spy agencies and multi-trillion-dollar financial institutions. What is apparent in all of these stories is the degree to which wokeness has infiltrated some of the wealthiest and most powerful institutions on the planet. But now, the CIA has gone and jumped the Great Apologetically White-Shark with an advert so try-hard in its wokery that it’s hard to work out whether or not it’s some kind of false-flag operation.

The script reads as if a CIA computer randomly amalgamated all the top-trending woke buzzwords they gathered by pointing their mass surveillance system at a yoga center in Echo Park for an afternoon. The star of the advert is an ‘an intersectional millennial woman of color’ (and CIA agent) who has been ‘diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder’, not that anyone asked. She tells us that her ‘existence is not a box checking exercise’ before going on to list them all while standing in front of a poster for ‘Native American Heritage Month’. We slow-pan over a picture of her being presented with an ‘Equal Opportunity and Diversity’ award by former CIA director John Brennan.

But old white men like John are the past. The future is boss-girl agents that refuse to ‘internalize misguided patriarchal ideas of what a woman can or should be’. Who’s to say that a Latinx woman can’t endorse torture and drone innocent civilians just as competently as John did? It’s certainly reassuring to know that from now on it will be an intersectional millennial spying on our emails and not some opinionated middle-aged ‘Karen’. For too long women of color have had to be twice as smart and at least three times as evil just to break through the glass ceiling at Langley. But this agent is living proof that no matter your race, gender or pseudo-psychological diagnosis, you too can overcome ‘Imposter Syndrome’ and maybe one day even become director of the CIA.
I think the CIA is not long for this world. They have been screw ups for years now. Analysts get their position based on seniority not and how accurately their reports turn out to be. From what I have seen this is because they know what they are supposed to report before they report it. Something that has been going on at least since the Carter admin. Back then they were totally shocked to find out that the Iranian people didn't like the Shah very much.

Whether it takes the rest of the country with it is to be seen.

1MbJpTQD2Uk
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:20 am
I think the CIA is not long for this world.
A thought now 7 decades old.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:21 am
Doc wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:20 am
I think the CIA is not long for this world.
A thought now 7 decades old.
OK tell me this. The PLA in 2015 **published** an article detailing how they could use a SARS virus as a Bio Weapon Yet the US government still funded the CPP's efforts to weaponize SARS and the CIA apparently knew nothing about it.

Give me a "C"
Give me a "I"
Give me a "A"
What have you got ?
C.Y.A.!!!

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-ori ... -at-wuhan/
The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan?

By Nicholas Wade | May 5, 2021
COVID 'Good Material For Non-Traditional Bioweapon' To Ruin Economies: Chinese Virologist
Jk2HM1PYkro
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Would they even know? We are talkin' about an institution which has been awful and compromised when it comes to human intelligence from the get-go.

The saving grace has been technology--- still depends on humans to notice it.

This is the institute that couldn't figure out Aldrich Ames.

-------------------

Motivations get very murky when talking about biological weaponry.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Tue May 11, 2021 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

they have been bonkers for ever, nobody cares.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CIA_controversies
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:35 am they have been bonkers for ever, nobody cares.

yep. From the beginning.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:39 am
noddy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:35 am they have been bonkers for ever, nobody cares.

yep. From the beginning.
IDK They seem to be working on it. I heard that they are planning a covert op to get Xi Jinping's beard to fall out. :lol:
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy

Post by noddy »

the lack of terrorism will lead to a lack of justification for comprehensive total surveillance, so the government is obliged to step in and subsidise the mass murder until it happens organically again.

its just like keynesian economics, sometimes the private sector needs a helping hand.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 am the lack of terrorism will lead to a lack of justification for comprehensive total surveillance, so the government is obliged to step in and subsidise the mass murder until it happens organically again.

its just like keynesian economics, sometimes the private sector needs a helping hand.
Yep. If your paycheck depends upon slaying dragons, you never want to kill them all. It's all about mitigating problems to a manageable/livable state, not solving problems.
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 am the lack of terrorism will lead to a lack of justification for comprehensive total surveillance, so the government is obliged to step in and subsidise the mass murder until it happens organically again.

The fall of the Soviet Union lead to the same kind of problem....
Doc

FBI 451

Post by Doc »

Like Bradbury's book except with the police instead of firemen IE instead of creating fire they create crime

LPN1x8SFhao
Whitmer Kidnapping Plot REVEALED AS A COMPLETE FBI SETUP

HHmK98XcGRs

Prosecutors in Whitmer Plot Withholding Evidence from Defendant?
Doc

Post by Doc »

"White Boy Rick"

Some back ground: Crooked Democrats abuse the power of the US government:
2LK6rWhaNRM

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 021945002/
Rick Wershe was an FBI informant at 14. Now he’s suing feds, Detroit police for child abuse
Oralandar Brand-Williams
The Detroit News

On the one-year anniversary of his release from prison after 32 years, Richard Wershe Jr. filed a lawsuit Tuesday accusing former FBI agents, ex-Detroit police officers and former federal prosecutors of child abuse in connection with his time as an informant when he was a teen.

"I want this chapter in my life closed," said Wershe, a former FBI and Detroit police informant known as "White Boy Rick," as he was surrounded by his mother Darlene and other family members Tuesday.

Wershe, 52, said he had wanted to file the lawsuit many years ago but his two former attorneys feared that if he did he would have no chance at being released.

The press conference was the first time Wershe talked to reporters at length since being released from prison a year ago after serving 32 years and seven months behind bars.
Richard Wershe Jr., a former FBI and Detroit police informant known as "White Boy Rick," hugs his mother Darlene McCormick after a press conference at the Penobscot Building, in Detroit, July 20, 2021, announcing a lawsuit against FBI agents and Detroit police for alleged child abuse. Wershe spent 32 years in prison after a drug trafficking arrest at 17 years old in1987.

Former Detroit police officers William Jasper and Kevin Green and retired FBI agents Herman Groman and James Dixon are named as defendants in the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Detroit. The suit also names former federal prosecutors Lynn Helland, who is now the executive director and general counsel of the Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission, James King and a third listed as "unknown." The city of Detroit is also named as a defendant.

A spokeswoman for the Detroit office of the FBI declined to comment.

Detroit Police 2nd Deputy Chief Rudy Harper said "We have not seen the lawsuit nor the allegations..."

Helland had no immediate comment. Dixon, a former Southfield resident, reportedly died in 2018.

Groman said Wednesday, “I read the recent lawsuit filed by Mr. Wershe in Federal court, and I am disappointed by his “buy in” into the fictional Hollywood version of his life story. Sadly, he forgot to mention my advocacy for his release over the many years to include testifying on his behalf at 3 parole hearings and placing him in the federal witness program until he was terminated because of his involvement in a stolen car scheme while in the program. I look forward to straightening out the record on this matter."

In the lawsuit, Wershe candidly recounted his time as a teenage informant who was allegedly first approached by FBI agents when he was 14. According to Wershe and his attorneys, the Detroit teen regularly met with FBI agents and Detroit police officers to give information on Detroit's burgeoning drug gangs.

"Had I not been an informant for the task force, I would never have gotten involved with drug gangs or criminality of any sort," Wershe claims in the lawsuit. He maintains he did not come up with the moniker "White Boy Rick" but rather it was the media that gave him the description.

Wershe said Tuesday he was used by the FBI agents and the Detroit police officers for information about drug gangs and left to serve out a long prison sentence for a 1988 drug conviction even when they had promised that they would help him out since he cooperated with them for information.

"The justice system hasn't been fair to me," Wershe said Tuesday. "This needed to be known. The truth needed to be told."

Wershe said Tuesday he will embrace the White Boy Rick name and use it as a "platform" to do good in the community through his longtime food giveaway program and to help others by working toward prison reform.

The lawsuit alleges that Wershe's time as an informant began when he was first approached by the FBI after his father contacted the agency because his daughter started dating a known drug dealer.

Wershe Jr. became a target of local criminals in his neighborhoods when there was "likely suspicion" raised among them that the teen was an informant, according to the lawsuit.

In November of 1984, there was an attempted (assassination) of Plaintiff whereby he was shot at point-blank range with a .357 magnum, cutting his large intestine in half and only surviving by the grace of God," reads the lawsuit.

After being shot, reads the lawsuit, Wershe was "further endangered" by agents and police when they "coerced' him to remain an informant, according to the lawsuit.

"It was obvious to most that the shooting was not an accident, (Wershe) was told to cover it up to greatly increase his credibility on the streets and more importantly to the Defendants that it would allow them to continue their abuse of (Wershe), the lawsuit states.

Wershe was released from prison on July 20, 2020, after more than three decades behind bars. He was serving a life sentence on a drug conviction when he was sentenced at age 17 in a Wayne County courtroom in 1988.

Wershe said Tuesday he was never a drug kingpin as he was depicted in some news stories.

Wershe was later sent to Florida after Michigan authorities sprung him early from a state prison and released him to the Sunshine State to serve a prison sentence in connection with a car theft ring he was accused of being part of when he was being housed in a Florida prison in the federal witness protection program.

Wershe's new attorney Nabih Ayad said the FBI and Detroit police put Wershe, now 52, at risk when he became an informant.
Richard Wershe Jr. in 1987. Wershe, a former FBI and Detroit police informant known as "White Boy Rick," filed a lawsuit Tuesday accusing former FBI agents, ex-Detroit police officers and a former federal prosecutor of child abuse in connection with his time as an informant when he was a teen.

"They didn't want it to be known a child was working for the FBI," said Ayad Tuesday. "(Wershe) did many things to help our government."

"Consequently, Wershe also holds the record as the longest-serving prisoner convicted as a juvenile on a nonhomicide offense in the State of Michigan: 32 years and 7 months; his entire adult life," said Ayad. "Wershe was shot while acting as a confidential informant for the FBI and DPD at age 15, and, outrageously, they continued to use him to infiltrate high-level drug gangs in Detroit in the 1980's after this attempted assassination."

Wershe's life story has been the subject of several documentaries and a movie starring actor Matthew McConaughey.

Groman and fellow-retired FBI agent Gregg Schwarz have spoken in the past on behalf of Wershe during his lengthy battle to be released from prison as Wershe saw other inmates convicted of drug crimes leave years earlier.

Ayad said Tuesday after filing the suit that "Groman tried later (to help Wershe) but the damage had already been done."

Ayad said "we didn't want to include Helland but we had no way around it as he made promises to Rick. He did want to help Rick, but his hands (were) tied."
Richard Wershe Jr. in 2018.

Wershe is the father of three grown children and a grandfather of six. Wershe's father, Richard Wershe Sr., died while his son was in prison.

"It's been difficult. I lost nearly 33 years of my life," said Wershe Tuesday. "I lost time with my children. My father's not here."

Wershe's longtime attorney, Ralph Mussili died in February at the age of 77. Musilli told The News last year that Wershe's lengthy incarceration was an "inexcusable" and unusual punishment
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Unherd - Jacob Siegel | America is controlled by secrecy
Threat inflation has become a tool of political repression
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Top Prosecutor Drops Out of Whitmer Kidnapping Case
We recently discussed the collapse of the Whitmer kidnapping case after a jury acquitted defendants in Michigan. Now, one of the lead prosecutors is leaving the case, according to a motion filed by Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Roth. That adds questions about how the case will move forward after the earlier loss.

Shortly before the 2020 election, Gov. Whitmer stood before cameras describing her narrow escape from being kidnapped and murdered by “domestic terrorists.” Despite the fact that the Justice Department in the Trump Administration made these arrests, Whitmer blamed former president Donald Trump. President Biden agreed that Trump was fostering a “civil war.”

The media went into a frenzy, declaring that the case proved that “Trump’s rhetoric and policies have unleashed a second pandemic in the form of far-right domestic terrorism.”

The problem is that the case — and the narrative — quickly fell apart after the election. A Michigan jury recently acquitted Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta and hanged on the verdicts against Adam Fox and Barry Croft Jr. Fox is portrayed as a ringleader of the group and leader of the conspiracy.

While Fox and Croft can be retried, the acquittal raises an additional challenge. Harris and Caserta may feel fewer inhibitions in testifying. With the exception of perjury, they can safely take the stand to discuss their actions — and more importantly, the actions of the government.

The Michigan case stands as one of the most chilling examples of entrapment techniques used by the FBI. While Whitmer declared Trump “complicit” in her planned execution, the FBI increasingly appeared more “complicit” in the creation of a government-inspired, government-funded, and largely government-staffed plot.
The problem was that these guys seemed at points more interested in partying than conspiring. The FBI, therefore, decided to take control and get them serious about some major crimes. An informant known as “Big Dan” was paid over $50,000 to get the conspiracy going, including paying for the defendants to travel to Wisconsin to “train.”

Special Agent Jayson Chambers pushed Big Dan to get the men to take violent acts against Whitmer. The defendants reportedly resisted those entreaties. Dan pushed the alleged leader to fire a round into the window of Whitmer’s home and mail the casing to the news media. On Sept. 5, 2020, Chambers texted to remind Dan “Mission is to kill the governor specifically.“

The Whitmer conspiracy was a production written, funded, and largely populated by FBI agents and informants. At every point, FBI literally drove the conspirators and controlled their actions. In the end, a majority of the “conspirators” were actually FBI agents or informants.
Full blogpost is found at the link above.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/former ... citing?s=r
Former Intelligence Officials, Citing Russia, Say Big Tech Monopoly Power is Vital to National Security

When the U.S. security state announces that Big Tech's centralized censorship power must be preserved, we should ask what this reveals about whom this regime serves.
Apr 20

(l) An illustration of the CIA logo (Getty Images); (r) An illustration shows the logos of Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft displayed on a mobile phone and a laptop screen. (Photo by JUSTIN TALLIS / AFP)

A group of former intelligence and national security officials on Monday issued a jointly signed letter warning that pending legislative attempts to restrict or break up the power of Big Tech monopolies — Facebook, Google, and Amazon — would jeopardize national security because, they argue, their centralized censorship power is crucial to advancing U.S. foreign policy. The majority of this letter is devoted to repeatedly invoking the grave threat allegedly posed to the U.S. by Russia as illustrated by the invasion of Ukraine, and it repeatedly points to the dangers of Putin and the Kremlin to justify the need to preserve Big Tech's power in its maximalist form. Any attempts to restrict Big Tech's monopolistic power would therefore undermine the U.S. fight against Moscow.

While one of their central claims is that Big Tech monopoly power is necessary to combat (i.e., censor) “foreign disinformation,” several of these officials are themselves leading disinformation agents: many were the same former intelligence officials who signed the now-infamous-and-debunked pre-election letter fraudulently claiming that the authentic Hunter Biden emails had the "hallmarks” of Russia disinformation (former Obama Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Obama CIA Director Michael Morrell, former Obama CIA/Pentagon chief Leon Panetta). Others who signed this new letter have strong financial ties to the Big Tech corporations whose power they are defending in the name of national security (Morrell, Panetta, former Bush National Security Adviser Fran Townsend).

The ostensible purpose of the letter is to warn of the national security dangers from two different bipartisan bills — one pending in the Senate, the other in the House — that would prohibit Big Tech monopolies from using their vertical power to "discriminate” against competitors (the way Google, for instance, uses its search engine business to bury the videos of competitors to its YouTube property, such as Rumble, or the way Google and Apple use their stores and Amazon uses its domination over hosting services to destroy competitors).

One bill in the Senate is co-sponsored by Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA), and has attracted ample support in both parties, as has a similar House bill co-sponsored by House Antitrust Committee Chair David Cicilline (D-RI) and ranking member Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO). The amount of bipartisan support each bill has garnered — and the widespread animosity toward Big Tech reflected by this Congressional support — has shocked Google, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook lobbyists, who are accustomed to getting their way in Washington with lavish donations to the key politicians in each party.

This letter by former national security officials is, in one sense, an act of desperation. The bills have received the support of the key committees with jurisdiction over antitrust and Big Tech. In the Senate, five conservative Republican Committee members who have been outspoken critics of Big Tech power — Grassley, Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Josh Hawley (R-MI), Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) — joined with Democrats to ensure the passage of one bill out of the Judiciary Committee by a 16-6 vote, with a companion bill passing that Committee with the support of 20 of twenty-two Senators. As The Intercept's Sara Sirota and Ryan Grim report: “Both bills have Big Tech reeling” since “a floor vote would likely be a blowout for Big Tech.”

The extreme animus harbored by large parts of the left and right toward Big Tech make it very difficult for any lawmaker to go on record in opposition to these proposed bills if they are forced to publicly take a position in a floor vote. Many Senators with financial ties to Big Tech — including the two California Senate Democrats who represent Silicon Valley and are recipients of their largesse (Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Alex Padilla) — have expressed reservations about these reform efforts and have refused to co-sponsor the bill, yet still voted YES when forced to vote in Committee. This shows that public pressure to rein in Big Tech is becoming too large to enable Silicon Valley to force lawmakers to ignore their constituents’ wishes with lobbyist donations. These politicians will work behind the scenes to kill efforts to rein in Big Tech, but will not vote against such efforts if forced to take a public position.

As a result, Big Tech's last hope is to keep the bill from reaching the floor where Senators would be forced to go on record, a goal they hope will be advanced by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York due to his close ties to Silicon Valley. “Both [Schumer's] children are on the payroll of companies the proposals would seek to rein in,” reported The New York Post: “Jessica Schumer is a registered lobbyist at Amazon, according to New York state records. Alison Schumer works at Facebook as a product marketing manager.” Despite that, Schumer claimed to The Intercept that he supports both bills and will vote in favor of them, even though he has engaged in maneuvers to impede the bills from getting a full floor vote.
More at the link
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:23 am https://greenwald.substack.com/p/former ... citing?s=r
Former Intelligence Officials, Citing Russia, Say Big Tech Monopoly Power is Vital to National Security

When the U.S. security state announces that Big Tech's centralized censorship power must be preserved, we should ask what this reveals about whom this regime serves.
Apr 20

(l) An illustration of the CIA logo (Getty Images); (r) An illustration shows the logos of Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft displayed on a mobile phone and a laptop screen. (Photo by JUSTIN TALLIS / AFP)

A group of former intelligence and national security officials on Monday issued a jointly signed letter warning that pending legislative attempts to restrict or break up the power of Big Tech monopolies — Facebook, Google, and Amazon — would jeopardize national security because, they argue, their centralized censorship power is crucial to advancing U.S. foreign policy. The majority of this letter is devoted to repeatedly invoking the grave threat allegedly posed to the U.S. by Russia as illustrated by the invasion of Ukraine, and it repeatedly points to the dangers of Putin and the Kremlin to justify the need to preserve Big Tech's power in its maximalist form. Any attempts to restrict Big Tech's monopolistic power would therefore undermine the U.S. fight against Moscow.

While one of their central claims is that Big Tech monopoly power is necessary to combat (i.e., censor) “foreign disinformation,” several of these officials are themselves leading disinformation agents: many were the same former intelligence officials who signed the now-infamous-and-debunked pre-election letter fraudulently claiming that the authentic Hunter Biden emails had the "hallmarks” of Russia disinformation (former Obama Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Obama CIA Director Michael Morrell, former Obama CIA/Pentagon chief Leon Panetta). Others who signed this new letter have strong financial ties to the Big Tech corporations whose power they are defending in the name of national security (Morrell, Panetta, former Bush National Security Adviser Fran Townsend).

The ostensible purpose of the letter is to warn of the national security dangers from two different bipartisan bills — one pending in the Senate, the other in the House — that would prohibit Big Tech monopolies from using their vertical power to "discriminate” against competitors (the way Google, for instance, uses its search engine business to bury the videos of competitors to its YouTube property, such as Rumble, or the way Google and Apple use their stores and Amazon uses its domination over hosting services to destroy competitors).

One bill in the Senate is co-sponsored by Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA), and has attracted ample support in both parties, as has a similar House bill co-sponsored by House Antitrust Committee Chair David Cicilline (D-RI) and ranking member Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO). The amount of bipartisan support each bill has garnered — and the widespread animosity toward Big Tech reflected by this Congressional support — has shocked Google, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook lobbyists, who are accustomed to getting their way in Washington with lavish donations to the key politicians in each party.

This letter by former national security officials is, in one sense, an act of desperation. The bills have received the support of the key committees with jurisdiction over antitrust and Big Tech. In the Senate, five conservative Republican Committee members who have been outspoken critics of Big Tech power — Grassley, Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Josh Hawley (R-MI), Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) — joined with Democrats to ensure the passage of one bill out of the Judiciary Committee by a 16-6 vote, with a companion bill passing that Committee with the support of 20 of twenty-two Senators. As The Intercept's Sara Sirota and Ryan Grim report: “Both bills have Big Tech reeling” since “a floor vote would likely be a blowout for Big Tech.”

The extreme animus harbored by large parts of the left and right toward Big Tech make it very difficult for any lawmaker to go on record in opposition to these proposed bills if they are forced to publicly take a position in a floor vote. Many Senators with financial ties to Big Tech — including the two California Senate Democrats who represent Silicon Valley and are recipients of their largesse (Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Alex Padilla) — have expressed reservations about these reform efforts and have refused to co-sponsor the bill, yet still voted YES when forced to vote in Committee. This shows that public pressure to rein in Big Tech is becoming too large to enable Silicon Valley to force lawmakers to ignore their constituents’ wishes with lobbyist donations. These politicians will work behind the scenes to kill efforts to rein in Big Tech, but will not vote against such efforts if forced to take a public position.

As a result, Big Tech's last hope is to keep the bill from reaching the floor where Senators would be forced to go on record, a goal they hope will be advanced by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York due to his close ties to Silicon Valley. “Both [Schumer's] children are on the payroll of companies the proposals would seek to rein in,” reported The New York Post: “Jessica Schumer is a registered lobbyist at Amazon, according to New York state records. Alison Schumer works at Facebook as a product marketing manager.” Despite that, Schumer claimed to The Intercept that he supports both bills and will vote in favor of them, even though he has engaged in maneuvers to impede the bills from getting a full floor vote.
More at the link

There was many "social media" sites before Facebook .. they were just struggling as only weirdos used them

Suddenly, an obscure guy, rises, by heavy wall street backing

Why ?

Because NSA was behind all this

Facebook has fermented many uprisings, velvet revolutions etc etc .. this a NSA and CIA operation masquerade as "Social media"

uTube too, probably twitter same .. these are backed, promoted by "authorities" for not only intelligence purpose, but giving political spin, manufacture consent, fake facts etc etc .. excellent tool for "authorities", and, for free

It is safe assumptions that all US software, Microsoft, Data base , etc etc , all of them, in bed with "authorities"

The biggest, openly in bed with "authorities" is Google , they even don't hide it .. google has a "profile file about 2-3 billion people in the world, with pretty much all the details, political leaning, mindset, whether rich or poor (timeline knows where one goes, expensive or cheap Hotels, restaurants, etc), spending habits etc etc .. google knowing any given moment where one is, means knowing a looooot .. google know with 3 foot accuracy where one is .. each time google asks me question whether I liked the restaurant I was in.

Google knows about one more than one's wife of 40 yrs knows about :lol:

When I read Haaretz article, all banners are in Farsi, offering cheap flight to Tehran :lol:

All these known since 20+ yrs .. by all interested sides.

NSA reads all Forums all emails, all posts anywhere .. they know the ID of all posters

That is why US says China started doing this , because US doing this already since 30 yrs :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:00 am
Doc wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:23 am https://greenwald.substack.com/p/former ... citing?s=r

Apr 20

More at the link

There was many "social media" sites before Facebook .. they were just struggling as only weirdos used them

Why ?

Facebook has fermented many uprisings, velvet revolutions etc etc .. this a NSA and CIA operation masquerade as "Social media"

uTube too, probably twitter same .. these are backed, promoted by "authorities" for not only intelligence purpose, but giving political spin, manufacture consent, fake facts etc etc .. excellent tool for "authorities", and, for free

It is safe assumptions that all US software, Microsoft, Data base , etc etc , all of them, in bed with "authorities"

The biggest, openly in bed with "authorities" is Google , they even don't hide it .. google has a "profile file about 2-3 billion people in the world, with pretty much all the details, political leaning, mindset, whether rich or poor (timeline knows where one goes, expensive or cheap Hotels, restaurants, etc), spending habits etc etc .. google knowing any given moment where one is, means knowing a looooot .. google know with 3 foot accuracy where one is .. each time google asks me question whether I liked the restaurant I was in.

When I read Haaretz article, all banners are in Farsi, offering cheap flight to Tehran :lol:

NSA reads all Forums all emails, all posts anywhere .. they know the ID of all posters

That is why US says China started doing this , because US doing this already since 30 yrs :lol:
Big Social media got big due to having lots and lots of behavior psychologists.The companies that most ruthlessly uses them wins. Intel agencies picked up on this later. The "Facebook" revolutions have now all failed. It seems virtually inspired revolutions are not real. But even though at least some of them were against the interests of US Intel agencies (Like Egypt for example) they still saw power in virtual revolutions. There problem is that if they are not organized on the ground it is very hard to steer them the way they want.

I still remember the virtual leader of the Egyptian revolution being physically thrown off a stage in Egypt by the Muslim Brotherhood.So the intel folks had to go back to their old toolbox and replace Morrisi by a coup, Obama had to pretend he was against it but it was what Egyptians wanted and they would not be denied. So while soical media can make a big mess in a country in the long run it is not that effective.

I haven't seen who these intelligence officials are but my guess is they are more or less the same 51 former intel officials that wrote the letter claiming that Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation" right before the 2020 election..

Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:03 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:00 am

Apr 20

More at the link

Why ?

Big Social media got big due to having lots and lots of behavior psychologists.The companies that most ruthlessly uses them wins. Intel agencies picked up on this later. The "Facebook" revolutions have now all failed. It seems virtually inspired revolutions are not real. But even though at least some of them were against the interests of US Intel agencies (Like Egypt for example) they still saw power in virtual revolutions. There problem is that if they are not organized on the ground it is very hard to steer them the way they want.

I still remember the virtual leader of the Egyptian revolution being physically thrown off a stage in Egypt by the Muslim Brotherhood.So the intel folks had to go back to their old toolbox and replace Morrisi by a coup, Obama had to pretend he was against it but it was what Egyptians wanted and they would not be denied. So while soical media can make a big mess in a country in the long run it is not that effective.

I haven't seen who these intelligence officials are but my guess is they are more or less the same 51 former intel officials that wrote the letter claiming that Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation" right before the 2020 election..

Yes, The "Facebook" revolutions have now all failed ..

It ain't so that "authorities", whether in West or China don't know what Joe thinks or wants, no need of Facebook or Google to know what Joe wants and thinks .. "authorities" just want a "tool" to spin their policy on Joe, not realizing, that in final analysis, down the road, their policy is what makes or break things

All that we saw in all those in virtual revolutions that failed and leading now to disasters, Ukraine

Fully agree with your above post